Mud race bike prep

resetjet
4/9/2018 6:16am
I personally believe that if the factory teams would have grabbed a stock bike off the shelf they would have done better with 93 pump gas.
Race Gas(burns way hotter)
High compression, worked engines
Race maps

All this leads to heat and with clogged radiators, You boil the coolant, heat up the oil and the clutch dies.

I have an idea that acerbis or polisport could make. Basically instead of radiator louvers, just a solid piece of plastic that prevents any mud from getting into radiators. Then put two fans on each side. Pretty simple, but I think it could work.

I can't imagine how hard it was to get the bike around the track in that glue. I think as riders, although it looked painful, they did pretty damn good.

Feld, if you are listening, get some sand up there on standby please............

Any other ideas that people have?????
|
mx317
4/9/2018 6:39am
resetjet wrote:
I personally believe that if the factory teams would have grabbed a stock bike off the shelf they would have done better with 93 pump gas...
I personally believe that if the factory teams would have grabbed a stock bike off the shelf they would have done better with 93 pump gas.
Race Gas(burns way hotter)
High compression, worked engines
Race maps

All this leads to heat and with clogged radiators, You boil the coolant, heat up the oil and the clutch dies.

I have an idea that acerbis or polisport could make. Basically instead of radiator louvers, just a solid piece of plastic that prevents any mud from getting into radiators. Then put two fans on each side. Pretty simple, but I think it could work.

I can't imagine how hard it was to get the bike around the track in that glue. I think as riders, although it looked painful, they did pretty damn good.

Feld, if you are listening, get some sand up there on standby please............

Any other ideas that people have?????
Higher octane gas burns cooler with everything else being equal.
Tumic
4/9/2018 6:40am
DUDE.

IT

WAS

ONE

RACE
Well it is the same talk everytime that ONE race happens...

The Shop

kb228
4/9/2018 6:57am
Lets not pretend they dont have stock bikes either. Pro circuit literally has a room full of stock 250fs.
resetjet
4/9/2018 10:11am
Well it was one race and that showed.

However, I can count numerous races over the years.

Its a chance for somebody to grab a win or a podium that otherwise would not. Look at your fast qualifier. That is gonna be his biggest achievement. The day I beat eli tomac and Jason Anderson and Chad Reed.

If you count outdoors and MXGP, there is alot of races like this.
resetjet
4/9/2018 10:16am
I am not talking the octane of the gas. That is something different. I am talking about the energy of the fuel and how well refined it is. Race gas not only has higher octane, it is very highly refined.

I used to run 89 pump gas and 100LL aviation fuel in my airplane. The 89 would have a drastic effect on cylinder head temperature vs the 100LL. Not because of the octane, but because the 89 pump gas was less refined, oily and did not generate the same amount of power (plane ran better on the 100LL).
4/9/2018 10:45am
A lot of the heat is from the clutch. The clutch gets the oil super hot and then the motor overheats.
cable
4/9/2018 12:02pm
my 07 crf 450 has the same clutch plates as my 1991 cr500. you can swap plates..
Why are they slipping the clutch out of every corner on these beast when they have electronic maps, etc? maybe just habit?
Motofinne
4/9/2018 12:14pm
I don't know but i would think that a mudder in SX is worse than a MX mudder because they go so much slower and that results in less airflow compared to a MX track where they probably go way, way faster.?

Post a reply to: Mud race bike prep

The Latest