btn
btn
1 of 2
Related:
Create New Tag
greenmx5 greenmx5
7/8/2017 8:32 PM

Nasty.

But how many people noticed the flagger right where musquin went off the track didn't even move. He didn't even know someone was out of control heading right for him. This ain't even funny anymore. These guys are gonna get themselves hurt or someone else.

My 2 cents. Flame on.

milliebays milliebays
7/8/2017 8:46 PM

i dunno but matilde looked pissed. and uh her watch is big

KirkChandler KirkChandler
7/8/2017 8:56 PM
https://instagram.com/p/BWTtVlinKyl/

Another angle of Marvins crash from a trackside fan. A language warning for those with sensitive ears.
Reese95w Reese95w
7/8/2017 8:58 PM
greenmx5 wrote:

Nasty.

But how many ...more

And......................

Thankfully that 4-wheeler was not farther up on the side of the track.

Photo

Photo

“Adhering to 1970’s Standards of Political Correctness”

machine machine
7/8/2017 9:02 PM
KirkChandler wrote: ...more

Damn that could have been REALLY bad, glad no one got hurt.

NeedMoto NeedMoto
7/8/2017 9:36 PM

Spit up my yogurtlaughing laughing laughing laughing

gnarwhip gnarwhip
7/8/2017 9:47 PM

KurtJ99 KurtJ99
7/8/2017 10:29 PM
KirkChandler wrote: ...more

That's a great view of a nasty crash. Hope Marvin is OK. Teams are pretty tight lipped so it's hard to tell.

Bearuno Bearuno
7/8/2017 10:38 PM

Who in hell allowed that - what is it, a VIP picnic table area? - tent with the checkered tables so close to the edge of the track, right at a jump with a 'jink' to the right?

And, as per usual, the UTV being right next to the track.

dirtnapper dirtnapper
7/8/2017 11:18 PM

He looked SO gutted when he pulled his helmet off sad

Dude was hauling the mail and looking awesome doing it as well.

KDXGarage KDXGarage
7/8/2017 11:59 PM
Bearuno wrote:

Who in hell allowed that - ...more

I would feel safe at those tables IF it was a PW50 race. This is silly, including the UTV / golf cart RIGHT by the track.

Motofinne Motofinne
7/9/2017 12:06 AM

UTVs and team members waving their towels almost on the track. The two big, big safety issues with this series that just continues to happen year after year.

It's a joke. And it's amazing that nothing major has happened yet.

ledger ledger
7/9/2017 12:20 AM
Bearuno wrote:

Who in hell allowed that - ...more

KDXGarage wrote:

I would feel safe at those ...more

Yep, I hate to say it but, luck will run out eventually. I hope this opened the eyes to the safety guru's.

There's something happening here, what it is ain't exactly clear.

Question Question
7/9/2017 1:23 AM

The mule, but also the second pole where Musquin almost got empalled, shouldn't be there. I noticed 1 tree too in another part of the track. The pole is not recurrent but mules are, it is a big one waiting to happen.

On the positive side, we found Reed's tablecloth grin

hellion hellion
7/9/2017 3:15 AM

Back when Ralph and Diane ran the place, my best friend was in charge of grooming the track. I asked him to remove those poles, and he did. Then for whatever reason, they made him put them back. I have no idea why they would need to be there. But Marvin got very, very lucky.

DC DC
7/9/2017 6:27 AM

The mule is Dr. John Bodnar's of the Alpinestars Mobile Medical Unit. It was on the side of the face of the jump, not the landing, where he could get to an accident like Marvin's quickly. He (or one of his fellow doctors) been parking there for years. I will request that he park somewhere else next year.

The poles were part of their old watering system. They should go too.

DC
Racer X

Knarfious Knarfious
7/9/2017 7:05 AM

Here's another angle. I was standing next to the mule shooting photos, one of the scariest crashes I've witnessed. https://instagram.com/p/BWTT2hRgUrK/

kzizok kzizok
7/9/2017 7:14 AM
DC wrote:

The mule is Dr. John ...more

Good call.

much ty. How to spot a paid forum poster/artificial forum traffic producer (see list of actions/phrases below):

Copius pattern amounts of phrases like “Anyone have”..., “Anybody know?”.... and their variations.

Thoughts?
Any help is appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

imoto34 imoto34
7/9/2017 7:16 AM
DC wrote:

This guy takes the time to say what needs said. Why can't dc be incharge of it alll......

TDeath21 TDeath21
7/9/2017 8:31 AM

So what's the solution guys? Every little crash everyone complains about this or that. Staff 1 flagger every 10 feet on each side of the track? Move all fans 50 feet away from the track? Have all doctors flying around in helicopters so they can drop in wherever needed? My god people. There's a risk in motocross. The fans up by the fence know this. The riders know this. We know this. I see a ton of complaining but no solutions offered.

Hut Hut
7/9/2017 8:49 AM
DC wrote:

Right on DC!

Mini Elsinore Mini Elsinore
7/9/2017 8:55 AM

DC manning up-----as usual.
How many promoter's would even reply?

JustMX JustMX
7/9/2017 9:07 AM
greenmx5 wrote:

Nasty.

But how many ...more

wtf?

He isn't supposed to be watching people come towards him.

He was doing exactly what he was supposed to be doing, watching his area.

This weekly flagger bashing from the nbc gold couch experts is really getting old,,,

Money Money
7/9/2017 9:14 AM

I agree with the wooden stakes. Would hate to see someone crash and then land on them would not be pretty. Just look at coopers crash from redbud he flew and landed at the base of the banners.

burnside burnside
7/9/2017 9:54 AM
Mini Elsinore wrote:

DC manning up-----as ...more

Agreed. He has a lot of class, and patience for us fans.

JustMX JustMX
7/9/2017 1:53 PM

You guys know that those are hardwood stakes, right? They are cut off close to square.

These are not the old pine stakes that would get a point on them from hammering.

I would venture that repeaters, as much as some of us dislike them, are pretty much a requirement to get the linear feet of signage required to get sponsors to participate.

What would you guys suggest as a realistic alternative, sign panels? Inflattables? Huge fixed billboards? Alternatives are either going to be more dangerous, block viewing, or require more setback.

In the history of the nationals, are there any documented incidents where a rider was injured?
I don't mean a rider at an amateur sx that fell on a sharp pine stake or something you heard about from your buddy's cousin that once cleaned the pool for a former pro rider's lawn guy.

I would bet there are many more riders that have gotten injured by footpegs and sprockets, yet I have seen no calls for peg covers and enclosed sprockets/wheels or shafts drive requirements.

As far as the posts at southwick. Look at them. It appears they are a piece of pvc pipe slipped over a smaller sprinkler line to get it up high enough for the sprinkler to function and support the smaller line and keep it from wobbling. Unless they are buried more than is reasonable to function in that capacity they are pretty much break-aways, and they sure beat the living hell out of metal or wooden posts I have seen used at other tracks over the years.

The wick is open on a regular basis for amateur practice and racing. I bet there are plenty of vital members that have ridden there and perhaps even seen or experienced what happens when they get hit.

I would also bet that the operators of the facility know exactly how they work from fixing them when someone does hit them.

There are so many risks in this sport, and there should certainly be discussion to minimize them but more facts and a dose of reality are helpful as well.

TripleFive TripleFive
7/9/2017 2:46 PM

If this is as safe as we can reasonably get, then I guess it'll have to do.

Photo

Money Money
7/9/2017 3:16 PM

Didn't Kyle regal land on a wooden stake back in the day at steel city? Maybe valli days?

Coyote Coyote
7/9/2017 3:20 PM
DC wrote:

imoto34 wrote:

This guy takes the time to ...more

dc wears alot of hats but gets it done. kyle regal in 2010 at Mt. Morris 1st lap hit a slick spot and hit a jump sideways, landed on a stake that wasn't capped, impaled him and spent a few days in the hospital, following year, those stakes are all capped!!

Excaliburbmx Excaliburbmx
7/9/2017 4:41 PM

Musquin was the only rider I seen cross jump there.
Maybe trying to run Tomac pace is just to much for him on that track.

btn
btn
1 of 2

Post a Reply

Cool Wink Smile Tongue Laughing Shocked Sick Angry Blink Sad Unsure Kissing Woohoo Grinning Silly Pinch Sideways Whistling Evil Dizzy Blush Cheerful Huh Dry