Mx sim

drt410
Edited Date/Time 1/21/2018 6:54pm
How many people play this n is it worth getting i to. It looks like what a bike should look like handling wise in the videos iv seen. Why cant they get this om console? Seems to be a pretty great game that needs better graphics, real crashes, and console support. I have to give it to em the bikes ride very realisticly.
|
zehn
1/19/2018 9:45am
Dead horse, meet bat
dshaw45
1/19/2018 9:47am
I loved the game just wish I had a PC that supported running the game at a higher level! The physics are great there are some BS things in it though. You seem to float to easily while jumping but they might have updated that since I haven't played in solid year.
Acidreamer
1/19/2018 9:58am
Games solid. Takes years to get good at. Once you learn to play it, the graphics dont matter. You wont go back to any of the “pretty” games like mx vs atv because they suck in the fun dept
1/19/2018 10:06am
Acidreamer wrote:
Games solid. Takes years to get good at. Once you learn to play it, the graphics dont matter. You wont go back to any of the...
Games solid. Takes years to get good at. Once you learn to play it, the graphics dont matter. You wont go back to any of the “pretty” games like mx vs atv because they suck in the fun dept
Well said. Nothing beats it.

The Shop

1/19/2018 10:07am
By the way, you can already download Anaheim 2... for free. You can also play online...for free.
DoctorJD
1/19/2018 10:08am
Don't be fooled by the cool videos you see on YouTube. Those guys have spent hundreds--if not thousands--of hours getting to the point where they make riding look realistic. Unless you're a savant at the game, you'll spend much of your life trying to achieve that skill level.

Out of the box (not literally) this game is pretty much shit. The stock skins and tracks are meh, and the learning curve is steep as hell. Once you download tracks and skins, the game becomes visually better. But there's still the issue of the learning curve. To be able to do all of the cool whips and realistic movements, you've got to have your stability settings set at the bare minimum. Thing is, it takes a ton of practice to be able to ride with the stability set so low.

It's a game that can be extremely satisfying once you master "riding". Personally, I think it's okay but certainly not the gold standard that some of the Sim disciples think it is.
1/19/2018 10:28am
Just play a lot and you’ll be fine. Have a decent PC if you wanna do big online races. Don’t worry about stability and set ups until you can actually go around the track without dying every corner or jump
drt410
1/19/2018 10:29am
Theres gotta be a way they can get this gameplay on a console where its not sooo hard to learn but visually the game looks similar.
BSmooth13
1/19/2018 10:31am
DoctorJD wrote:
Don't be fooled by the cool videos you see on YouTube. Those guys have spent hundreds--if not thousands--of hours getting to the point where they make...
Don't be fooled by the cool videos you see on YouTube. Those guys have spent hundreds--if not thousands--of hours getting to the point where they make riding look realistic. Unless you're a savant at the game, you'll spend much of your life trying to achieve that skill level.

Out of the box (not literally) this game is pretty much shit. The stock skins and tracks are meh, and the learning curve is steep as hell. Once you download tracks and skins, the game becomes visually better. But there's still the issue of the learning curve. To be able to do all of the cool whips and realistic movements, you've got to have your stability settings set at the bare minimum. Thing is, it takes a ton of practice to be able to ride with the stability set so low.

It's a game that can be extremely satisfying once you master "riding". Personally, I think it's okay but certainly not the gold standard that some of the Sim disciples think it is.
This is one of the most overwhelmingly negative things I've read here lately, wow.

"You'll spend much of your life trying to achieve that skill level" - I beg to disagree, but to each their own I suppose.
DoctorJD
1/19/2018 10:39am
DoctorJD wrote:
Don't be fooled by the cool videos you see on YouTube. Those guys have spent hundreds--if not thousands--of hours getting to the point where they make...

BSmooth13 wrote:
This is one of the most overwhelmingly negative things I've read here lately, wow. [i]"You'll spend much of your life trying to achieve that skill level"[/i]...
This is one of the most overwhelmingly negative things I've read here lately, wow.

"You'll spend much of your life trying to achieve that skill level" - I beg to disagree, but to each their own I suppose.
Ha ha, that's the most negative thing you've read on Vital lately?!

Come on, I wasn't being literal. Relatively speaking? Yes. But no, obviously you won't spend most of your life learning MX Sim (smh).
1/19/2018 10:50am
I played it for a couple weeks and got to where I could ride a lap or two without crashing and got a couple satisfying whips but 99% of the time I wanted to break the controller in half its so frustrating. Between mx, bmx, and trying to manage a company I just don't realistically have the time to play enough sim to make it worth it
1/19/2018 10:54am
very very very hard game to learn. like one guy said, it literally takes years to get good at. once you get good enough to rip around, console games won’t ever be the same again. and in terms of the graphics, if you have a good enough computer to run it at its highest settings, the graphics are pretty good. but like i said, the physics make the game good enough to where the graphics won’t even matter. plus the tracks people make, unreal.

it’s an extremely frustrating game tho. don’t play on getting it and playing it. plan on getting it, hating it, and slowly being able to go a little further and further each time you play without falling. cornering is vey hard to learn and so is jumping. every face of a jump requires you to act accordingly with the stick in order to jump properly and pretty much same thing with cornering. bike setup is key as well although you can get a good base setting that will allow you to play. the settings that the game starts with will be very hard to even turn at all and you’ll think to yourself ill never be able to play this. so go online and find someone that has posted a good base setting that allows for quicker rolling (leaning) then the game starts with while finding a good setting for how much the bike wants to return to upright after being turned. if you want to get into it, be prepared to give it a lot of time.

my advice would be...when you start to get angry. just turn it off and come back later. also, because the stock motocross tracks have a more slipperly feel then tracks that are created from about 2013 to present, i would download some easier motocross (not supercross) tracks and play those because the traction is better.
Lastander
1/19/2018 11:10am
I played quite alot for 1,5 years and i would say i was decent, started it up for the first time in a year last night and i ragequitted after 5 minutes
Naanak
1/19/2018 11:15am
Great game if you have the patience.
Motofinne
1/19/2018 11:23pm
Remember to use an Xbox or PS controller, don't even try to play it with the keyboard.

I've played MXS for about 7 years. It's the best game out there if you have patience and time to learn it. You should be able to ride the easier MX tracks decent within a week. SX is way harder.
Ray_MXS
1/20/2018 12:34am
I think everyone that tried mxs actually quit the game multiple times. It's so frustrating sometimes because it's so hard but it has a draw power in it's payoff. When you actually get the flow going it's unbeatable in fun factor. You just have to get over the initial bump.

Definitely hit up a base setting from somewhere to get started. Stock settings can be really hard to play with. Also install some skins and tracks right away.

Anyone who wants help can hit me up
Ray_MXS
1/20/2018 1:14am
Dp but the game can actually look quite different with some skins, models and tracks.

Examples

matze
Fantasy
3101st
1/20/2018 4:45am
You have to find out yourself. Yeah they above me are all right it is very hard but believe me.. Once you got to the point where you can ride a few laps without crashing this game is fun as hell. And when then fun starts you are willing to learn more and more without getting too frustrated. You will enjoy it. Set low goals. Dont expect to be fast.
1/20/2018 5:21am
I love Mx Sim from time to time. I enjoy outdoors allot more on it then supercross. Last night there was an Enduro race.. Probly the most fun i ever had on that game. 50 People 40min+1 lap race. Total racetime was like a little over an hour. Still recovering from "thumb pump" Grinning
1/20/2018 6:09am
drt410 wrote:
Theres gotta be a way they can get this gameplay on a console where its not sooo hard to learn but visually the game looks similar.
A console or pc has nothing to do with the difficulty level. Nearly everyone uses an Xbox or ps controller. Xbox controllers are plug and play. You don't have to do anything fancy to make it work. It just does. If it wasn't so difficult in the beginning, the physics would be like every other game.
When I first bought the game I bashed it on these forums. That was like 6 years ago at least. Ive seen the game evolve a ton. And the stuff that's planned for it in the future is still exciting. And when updates happen, it's all for free if you already own the game.
Creiz
1/20/2018 6:31am
Best mx game ever, hands down, no discussion. But as a lot of guys said here, it´s going to take quite a few hours to get good. If you do, there is no game even close. Being on the gate with 40 others in a championship race gets me just as excited and nervous as being on the gate IRL
tprice07
1/20/2018 6:47am
So you could spend all that time trying to get good at a video game or you could go out and ride a real bike and get good at the real thing...

Play the mainstream games on rainy days and enjoy them.
Lynch
1/20/2018 7:00am
tprice07 wrote:
So you could spend all that time trying to get good at a video game or you could go out and ride a real bike and...
So you could spend all that time trying to get good at a video game or you could go out and ride a real bike and get good at the real thing...

I spend 90% of my spare time in a gym or at the track but I still manage to hop on mxs once a week to race with the best players in the game, don't bash it if you have not tried it yet. (Or because you just suck at the game.
matze
Fantasy
3101st
1/20/2018 7:05am
tprice07 wrote:
So you could spend all that time trying to get good at a video game or you could go out and ride a real bike and...

What a hero great advice
Huh
tprice07
1/20/2018 7:34am
tprice07 wrote:

Lynch wrote:
I spend 90% of my spare time in a gym or at the track but I still manage to hop on mxs once a week to...
I spend 90% of my spare time in a gym or at the track but I still manage to hop on mxs once a week to race with the best players in the game, don't bash it if you have not tried it yet. (Or because you just suck at the game.
I played it extensively, I have been creating skins and tracks for almost all of the motocross/supercross games for the past 15 or so years. I was debating on trying with MX Sim so I spent some time messing with it, tweaking the settings, trying to get a good feel for it and just finally came to the conclusion it was counterproductive to what I was trying to do.

It's like anything. Some people love it, some people hate it. One thing is for sure, I'm not going to waste my free time designing assets for a game that only 30 people can play and have fun at. Just my 2 cents.. Don't crucify me because I have an opinion that differs from you.
nrosso391
Fantasy
2829th
1/20/2018 11:11am
It’s by far the best MOTO game ever. I grew up using ama supercross, mc supercross, rc supercross, mx vs atv all those and this one wins. Even with all the time I’ve played I never liked how the physics was on PRO so I got used to ARCADE physics. And now with the latest update you can whip bikes on arcade physics so it’s by far the best game. And 95% of the downloadable content is FREE!!!! Best video game investment I ever made, and I run it on my laptop just fine.
1/20/2018 11:31am Edited Date/Time 1/20/2018 12:11pm
I've had it for about 3 or 4 years and can hardly do a lap on an SX track, but I really don't like SX so I don't play it often but outdoors is extremely fun, especially sand tracks. It's easily the best MX game out there, once you get the hang of it all other MX games pretty much feel like a joke in comparison.
Charper732
1/20/2018 11:39am
Everything said here is pretty spot on. I buy games and maybe play them for 6 months to a year and then forget about them. MX sim is the ONLY game I have played consistently...going on 5 years now. The fact that new tracks are constantly being made and they are all free is really what make this game survive to this day.

If you do get the game, go to https://mxslobby.com/index.php That and racefactory are where all the races are posted. I just stay on those site and race the ones posted there
Lastander
1/20/2018 11:46am
We should make a Vital server and have some races, but seriously do you guys think that outdoors is easier? I cant do a half lap on a outdoor track but im actually quite decent on a sx track
matze
Fantasy
3101st
1/20/2018 11:53am Edited Date/Time 1/20/2018 11:53am
Lastander wrote:
We should make a Vital server and have some races, but seriously do you guys think that outdoors is easier? I cant do a half lap...
We should make a Vital server and have some races, but seriously do you guys think that outdoors is easier? I cant do a half lap on a outdoor track but im actually quite decent on a sx track
Lol srsly? Thats weird man. Takes a lot more skill
Everything is so tight you really have to know what you are doing. I dont know how you manage to do good on an sx track but worse on an outdoor track Laughing

Post a reply to: Mx sim

The Latest