My kickstarter busted.

peltier626
Edited Date/Time 1/20/2020 4:51pm
You would think that a company that caters to moto could come up with a better commercial, they've only been running it for a couple of years now. Come on chaparral, you have to do better than that. That commercial makes me NOT want to buy anything.
|
NHtoWA421
1/10/2020 3:39pm
90s suzuki kickstarters bro. If you know, you know.
Rickyisms
1/10/2020 3:46pm
They amount of inventory they move is insane. I'm sure the commercial tributes to a very minimal amount of revenue they generate and I'm sure it's the last of their worries. Would love to pay them a visit.
AJ565
1/10/2020 3:48pm
My electric start buttons busted
mb60
1/10/2020 4:32pm
He does ask the guy where he gets his parts from !!

The Shop

Moto Norcal
1/10/2020 4:34pm
This never happened to you? I snapped the kickstarter off my 450 just the other day. It can easily happen.
ts.p311
1/10/2020 5:24pm
I thought they used that specific line to kind of say, we have out of date parts too.
1/10/2020 5:26pm
Your kickstarter busted?

I hear Chaparral is a good place for that type of thing!
1/10/2020 5:32pm Edited Date/Time 1/10/2020 6:04pm
Your kickstarter busted?

Where did you hear that from?
It was just one of those things that happens all the time: I was at the track when my kickstarter just busted, and after announcing it loudly, I asked the dude next to me, "Where do you get all your parts?"
1/10/2020 6:38pm
Seems like a typical American ad to me. When I've been streaming SX I can't believe how cringey your TV ads are, some of them almost seem like a joke.
xrmark
1/10/2020 6:42pm
Seems like a typical American ad to me. When I've been streaming SX I can't believe how cringey your TV ads are, some of them almost...
Seems like a typical American ad to me. When I've been streaming SX I can't believe how cringey your TV ads are, some of them almost seem like a joke.
Well some of them are meant to be that way
1/10/2020 6:57pm
Your kickstarter busted?

It was just one of those things that happens all the time: I was at the track when my kickstarter just busted, and after announcing it...
It was just one of those things that happens all the time: I was at the track when my kickstarter just busted, and after announcing it loudly, I asked the dude next to me, "Where do you get all your parts?"
That's some good luck right there. No idea where on earth you would begin looking for parts these days. Hope you gave that guy a high 5.
Rickyisms
1/10/2020 7:01pm
Seems like a typical American ad to me. When I've been streaming SX I can't believe how cringey your TV ads are, some of them almost...
The Peyroni disease ad last year was a good one. Don't think it was a joke though.
1/10/2020 7:06pm
It was just one of those things that happens all the time: I was at the track when my kickstarter just busted, and after announcing it...
That's some good luck right there. No idea where on earth you would begin looking for parts these days. Hope you gave that guy a high...
That's some good luck right there. No idea where on earth you would begin looking for parts these days. Hope you gave that guy a high 5.
Actually, I never got to even hear his answer.

As soon as I was finished asking the question, everything got blurry and I was instantly transported to a wonderland of parts counters, tire racks, and royalty-free guitar rock. Good times.
racerx217
1/10/2020 7:50pm
They should go back to the "make fun of the goon ad" they had a few years ago
BobbyM
1/10/2020 7:59pm
peltier626 wrote:
You would think that a company that caters to moto could come up with a better commercial, they've only been running it for a couple of...
You would think that a company that caters to moto could come up with a better commercial, they've only been running it for a couple of years now. Come on chaparral, you have to do better than that. That commercial makes me NOT want to buy anything.
Probably don't sell kickstarters anyways, or just the brands they carry.
Remember when yer mom caught you polishing the purple helmet? That's what "busted" means to me.
Spudnut
1/10/2020 10:38pm
That's some good luck right there. No idea where on earth you would begin looking for parts these days. Hope you gave that guy a high...
Actually, I never got to even hear his answer. As soon as I was finished asking the question, everything got blurry and I was instantly transported...

As soon as I was finished asking the question, everything got blurry and I was instantly transported to a wonderland of parts counters, tire racks, and royalty-free guitar rock. Good times.
This is fucking gold 🤣
zehn
1/10/2020 10:47pm
Better than running out of gas at Glamis
22Ryann
Fantasy
4080th
1/10/2020 11:25pm
I have to agree that it seems like an amateurish ad for such a big company.
aeffertz
1/10/2020 11:28pm
The way he moves his hands to make it seem like he’s talking bugs me more than it should.
wwdiii
1/11/2020 4:54am
And we have Cycle Gear here in Houston!!!
DoctorJD
1/11/2020 5:42am
That commercial would have been much more effective if the guy rolled up and said, "Hey my sprocket bolts are loose, where do you buy your torque wrenches?"
Falcon
Fantasy
798th
1/11/2020 8:29am
UK ads seem really corny to us, too. It's small differences in language, inflection, and normal interactions between people. Other countries do it just differently enough that you can't tell if they are kidding or not.
Go watch a tv commercial from India or even Australia and I'll bet you would feel the same.
Falcon
Fantasy
798th
1/11/2020 8:31am
That same commercial in 1940's America:
"Say, my Kickstarter busted and the darn thing simply won't go."
"Why, you should go to Chapparal. Then you'll be cooking with gas!"
1/11/2020 9:04am
Actually, I never got to even hear his answer. As soon as I was finished asking the question, everything got blurry and I was instantly transported...

No such luck here. I tried all night announcing my kick starter is busted. No magic portal opened no guitars nothing.......
Still just a busted kick starter on my 2008 CRF450.
neverwas
Fantasy
784th
1/11/2020 9:37am
Who watches commercials? I DVR everything and skip through the commercials.But I have had a kick starter break on me way out in the boonies,push starting bikes suck.
face biter
1/11/2020 10:02am

No such luck here. I tried all night announcing my kick starter is busted. No magic portal opened no guitars nothing....... Still just a busted kick...
No such luck here. I tried all night announcing my kick starter is busted. No magic portal opened no guitars nothing.......
Still just a busted kick starter on my 2008 CRF450.
Did you forget to do the arm movement? That’s usually why it won’t work.
Barrett57
1/11/2020 11:23am
Falcon wrote:
UK ads seem really corny to us, too. It's small differences in language, inflection, and normal interactions between people. Other countries do it just differently enough...
UK ads seem really corny to us, too. It's small differences in language, inflection, and normal interactions between people. Other countries do it just differently enough that you can't tell if they are kidding or not.
Go watch a tv commercial from India or even Australia and I'll bet you would feel the same.
Your right, I for one can never tell if adverts in the USA for pharmaceutical drugs are serious or something out of a comedy sketch.

This isn't real is it?

Post a reply to: My kickstarter busted.

The Latest