NBC Sports Gold / auto-renew

FeetUp
Heads Up.... I believe "auto-renew" is the default settings for the Pro Motocross Pass. Now that MAVTV is in HD, I'm not sure I will renew.

If I hadn't noticed, I would have been automatically charged $54.99 in a few weeks.
|
mx_phreek
Fantasy
230th
4/11/2018 5:01pm
Yea it was great last year so it can renew and I'll be ready to rock.
Sully
4/11/2018 5:06pm
Got my email/heads up this morning. I love me some Supercross, but bring on the Outdoors!
JB 19
4/11/2018 5:10pm
Top notch service. Letting mine auto renew.

The Shop

kzizok
Fantasy
2034th
4/11/2018 5:25pm
Yep. Got my email today too. I think its a great product. Its easy, good, and works.
hyler199
4/11/2018 5:29pm
same same auto renew that bisshhhhhh.... cant wait for the great outdoors
Raceline
4/11/2018 5:44pm
So many people complain about the motos switching channels, which i completely agree with. But I dont have cable so $50 to watch every moto without commercial interruption is worth every penny! I wish they did this years ago.
greenmx5
4/11/2018 6:12pm
I'm auto renewing. No commercials. Bring it on! 5 weeks to go
Pirate421
4/11/2018 6:29pm Edited Date/Time 4/11/2018 6:30pm
And every race is archived and we can ride on saturdays and watch all the Moto’s when we get home. I don’t have dvr so I have to watch sx live which sucks watching at until 1 am for west coast races. Can’t wait for outdoors. Hope thi nbc gold package never goes away it’s an awesome deal
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
4/11/2018 7:26pm
FeetUp wrote:
Heads Up.... I believe "auto-renew" is the default settings for the Pro Motocross Pass. Now that MAVTV is in HD, I'm not sure I will renew...
Heads Up.... I believe "auto-renew" is the default settings for the Pro Motocross Pass. Now that MAVTV is in HD, I'm not sure I will renew.

If I hadn't noticed, I would have been automatically charged $54.99 in a few weeks.
Will MAV TV be commercial free? With NBC Sports Gold you get access to qualifying, previous seasons, commercial free, etc.

Paid for it last year and it was well worth it so I'll be renewing my subscription soon.
PRM31
4/11/2018 7:57pm
Money well spent.
skypig
4/11/2018 8:03pm
I think it was good they advised the impending auto renew.
I had the chance to cancel.

I’m going with the auto renewal, and a VPN (so I’m not in Nanna’s Australia, virtually.)

Both races, when it suits me. Worth US$54.99 (A$100 @ PayPals exchange rate.)
Betuel
4/11/2018 9:00pm
Thanks for the heads up. I received the email too but didn’t even look at it. Went and cancelled the auto-renew even though i will subscribe again. Money well spent for sure.
disbanded
Fantasy
1734th
4/11/2018 9:04pm
I'm sure I'll have to enter a new credit card since someone in Virginia bought an iPad with my last one.
H4L
4/11/2018 9:19pm
Received my renewal email today as well. Grew up on MX.. Bring it !!!
Betuel
4/11/2018 9:37pm
disbanded wrote:
I'm sure I'll have to enter a new credit card since someone in Virginia bought an iPad with my last one.
I want an eye pad 2. Hook me up. Laughing
Seriously though, that sucks. Were you able to get your money back? Any idea how they could have gotten that info? I’m always looking out as I’m always buying things online. Hasn’t happened to me yet, and hope it never does.
GD2
Fantasy
815th
4/11/2018 9:40pm
Around May 10th is when it will auto-renew, just so everyone knows.
kongols
4/12/2018 12:25am
Sweet. I let mine auto renew. Bring on the outdoors.
Yup, me too. I was pretty satisfied last year.
agn5009
4/12/2018 12:36am
I'll let mine auto renew too. It's money well spent for me.
disbanded
Fantasy
1734th
4/12/2018 7:01am
disbanded wrote:
Betuel wrote:
I want an eye pad 2. Hook me up. :laugh: Seriously though, that sucks. Were you able to get your money back? Any idea how they...
I want an eye pad 2. Hook me up. Laughing
Seriously though, that sucks. Were you able to get your money back? Any idea how they could have gotten that info? I’m always looking out as I’m always buying things online. Hasn’t happened to me yet, and hope it never does.
The bank did reimburse me...

Someone once told me that the numbers are often stolen at restaurants, where the waiter quickly writes down your number and then sells it to bad people.

I once had my bank call me while someone was trying to use a physical card with my number on it somewhere at a restaurant in Connecticut.

By some crazy chance - I was able to get the name of the restaurant, immediately called them - and the people were actually still sitting at the bar charging drinks to a fake credit card. They called the cops and they were arrested on the spot.

They told me that doesn't happen too often... Like never!
TXDirt
4/12/2018 7:23am
Auto-renew for me.
4/12/2018 7:42am
I can now get MAVTV up here in Canada, but not NBCSN, so I am thinking it would still be difficult to catch all the races. I'll re-up as well. The product is so good and reasonably priced - a couple of things the SX streaming package could learn.
RichieW13
Fantasy
2913th
4/12/2018 10:38am
A lot of people complained about the price and/or the service. But I thought it worked great, and the price is reasonable when you figure it's about $4/week. And my cable company doesn't even offer MavTV, it's the only way I can watch all the motos.
motomike137
4/12/2018 11:17am
I'm definitely re-upping because I love MX and I love having the replays available anytime I want them. Also I went to streaming everything last year. I'll give last years version a B grade. I'd be willing to pay a little more if they filled in the gaps with some kind of content.
RichieW13
Fantasy
2913th
4/12/2018 11:25am
I'm definitely re-upping because I love MX and I love having the replays available anytime I want them. Also I went to streaming everything last year...
I'm definitely re-upping because I love MX and I love having the replays available anytime I want them. Also I went to streaming everything last year. I'll give last years version a B grade. I'd be willing to pay a little more if they filled in the gaps with some kind of content.
haha. Yeah, the "racing will return shortly" graphic that displays for 4 minutes is a bit annoying. Not sure if I'd rather see that, or some Rocky Mountain MC commercial repeated 10 times per broadcast.
TakeFive
4/12/2018 12:35pm
FeetUp wrote:
Heads Up.... I believe "auto-renew" is the default settings for the Pro Motocross Pass. Now that MAVTV is in HD, I'm not sure I will renew...

I deleted this e-mail without reading it... thought it was more 'spam' - thanks for the heads up! I did not know it would auto-renew.
Travis707
4/12/2018 1:19pm
I'm definitely re-upping because I love MX and I love having the replays available anytime I want them. Also I went to streaming everything last year...
RichieW13 wrote:
haha. Yeah, the "racing will return shortly" graphic that displays for 4 minutes is a bit annoying. Not sure if I'd rather see that, or some...
haha. Yeah, the "racing will return shortly" graphic that displays for 4 minutes is a bit annoying. Not sure if I'd rather see that, or some Rocky Mountain MC commercial repeated 10 times per broadcast.
Didn't they stop using the "racing will return shortly" graphic and just had one camera with a wide shot of the track? Yeah, that graphic was really annoying.

I'm paying for NO COMMERCIALS so don't even suggest that LOL!!

To fill the gaps, maybe it'd be cool if they had someone walking through the pits and simply filming riders going back to the rigs, getting ready to head to the line, etc. No interviews or anything... just one guy and a camera showing stuff a fan would want to see if they were wandering around the pits. Bring more of the event experience to the home viewers.

Yup, doing the auto-renew too. Was very happy with the service last year. No cable just 1GB internet. Yeah, baby, yeah!

Bring on the Nationals.

CoccoBill
4/14/2018 5:35am
RichieW13 wrote:
haha. Yeah, the "racing will return shortly" graphic that displays for 4 minutes is a bit annoying. Not sure if I'd rather see that, or some...
Travis707 wrote:
Didn't they stop using the "racing will return shortly" graphic and just had one camera with a wide shot of the track? Yeah, that graphic was...
Didn't they stop using the "racing will return shortly" graphic and just had one camera with a wide shot of the track? Yeah, that graphic was really annoying.

To fill the gaps, maybe it'd be cool if they had someone walking through the pits and simply filming riders going back to the rigs, getting ready to head to the line, etc. No interviews or anything... just one guy and a camera showing stuff a fan would want to see if they were wandering around the pits. Bring more of the event experience to the home viewers.

Yup, doing the auto-renew too. Was very happy with the service last year. No cable just 1GB internet. Yeah, baby, yeah!

Bring on the Nationals.

You mean it could work differently ouside US?
Because I never saw that "racing will return shortly", what was happening is the commentators quit talking and the race was shown. Only pure engines sound (you could hear that crazy commentator screaming at the track in the backgroud).
You could maybe try a VPN, set it to Italy and see if it works...
Anyway, autorenew, definitely, well worth the money.
Flip109
4/14/2018 5:45am
Take my moneys. That’s damn cheap for having the power to watch it anytime anywhere on your phone. I’m always on the go so it’s really the only way I can watch it most the time.
motomike137
4/14/2018 5:46am Edited Date/Time 4/14/2018 5:47am
RichieW13 wrote:
Travis707 wrote:
Didn't they stop using the "racing will return shortly" graphic and just had one camera with a wide shot of the track? Yeah, that graphic was...

Bring on the Nationals.

Definitely not suggesting commercials Smile Travis's idea about a pit walk is the kind of thing I would like to see fill in the dead space.

Post a reply to: NBC Sports Gold / auto-renew

The Latest