NBC gold..

logan_140
1/20/2019 10:17am
So I pay $90 to stare at a rock on commercial breaks? Would have been cool to watch the 50’s race or something.
|
DTR830
Fantasy
1131st
1/20/2019 10:25am
Utilize the time. Grab a another beer from the fridge. I’ll take silence over commercials any day.
usafwx
1/20/2019 10:31am
DTR830 wrote:
Utilize the time. Grab a another beer from the fridge. I’ll take silence over commercials any day.
This, I actually like it, gives me time to change laundry, grab slice of pizza / beer, etc.
logan_140
1/20/2019 10:48am
I will add that my girlfriend bought me an Apple TV and it has been flawless with SX. Love it. I guess the camera guys need a break to ?
Texas Built
1/20/2019 4:56pm
Id rather stare at a rock than have to watch the commercials.

The Shop

Deployer78
1/21/2019 5:44am
I lost all audio halfway thru the broadcast, tried restarting it, then I couldn't cast it to my TV. I watched the rest of the races on my cell phone screen..........I paid for NBC gold just to watch a main on my cellphone like it was Youtube or something........ Argh. I also hate then commercial dead air time, and not being able to rewind or pause. The app kinda sucks I think.
phatfi20
1/21/2019 7:21am
My problem is that you have to fast forward blindly to get to a race. I dont watch it live and I never want to know who wins. You risk seeing the middle of a race/results if you fast forward too far.

All SX races should be broken up in the app like they break up each moto for outdoors.
1/21/2019 8:07am Edited Date/Time 1/21/2019 8:08am
It does suck; however, when I had my A1 party. Everyone was pretty caught up in bench racing during 'break for commercial' time, or taking shots of apple crown etc....

But when i wasn't having a party the rest of the rounds, it sure did suck.

What if we put a professional response on a letterhead, send it to NBC sports and see if they consider making the content better.............?

This really has the potential to be awesome. Pre race show, Race show with content the whole time, and post race all the way into the after race press conference. Get some 3-5 ex moto riders on a panel to discusss the racing action. If they made it similar to a football format disucssion maybe non-followers would kinda be sucked in to watch because it's familiar content of their sport.
Naoooch
1/21/2019 5:27pm
It does suck; however, when I had my A1 party. Everyone was pretty caught up in bench racing during 'break for commercial' time, or taking shots...
It does suck; however, when I had my A1 party. Everyone was pretty caught up in bench racing during 'break for commercial' time, or taking shots of apple crown etc....

What if we put a professional response on a letterhead, send it to NBC sports and see if they consider making the content better.............?

This really has the potential to be awesome. Pre race show, Race show with content the whole time, and post race all the way into the after race press conference. Get some 3-5 ex moto riders on a panel to discusss the racing action. If they made it similar to a football format disucssion maybe non-followers would kinda be sucked in to watch because it's familiar content of their sport.
thats would be awsome and i surely would buy a pass to watch the race on nbc.

a talk show during the pauses, some rider to talk, like they did last year during the practice session, 3h of live but with lot of rider active or not was coming to talk. That was low quality but good.

DPR250R
1/21/2019 5:35pm Edited Date/Time 1/21/2019 5:36pm
Deployer78 wrote:
I lost all audio halfway thru the broadcast, tried restarting it, then I couldn't cast it to my TV. I watched the rest of the races...
I lost all audio halfway thru the broadcast, tried restarting it, then I couldn't cast it to my TV. I watched the rest of the races on my cell phone screen..........I paid for NBC gold just to watch a main on my cellphone like it was Youtube or something........ Argh. I also hate then commercial dead air time, and not being able to rewind or pause. The app kinda sucks I think.
Casting to your TV can be sketchy (Chromecast or Apple TV). I missed most of the MXON mirroring from my iPhone to my Apple TV and that was the final straw.

I would recommend a device where the app can be installed (Apple TV, ROKU.. etc) or hard wiring a HDMI cable from a capable laptop/PC to your TV. I went the PC route so I can watch MXGP-TV since they do not have an app (that I am aware of.)
greenmx5
1/21/2019 5:53pm
I can't ever seem to get decent quality when streaming. I stream showtime, Netflix, and hbo all with 0 problems in HD
moto726
1/21/2019 5:58pm
So I just bought the supercross package and A2 was my first experience with the gold package. I was pretty impressed by how good it all was, but the quality seemed to be less than what it is on regular tv. Anyone else have this issue?
S.O.S.
Fantasy
2152nd
1/21/2019 6:28pm
Deployer78 wrote:
I lost all audio halfway thru the broadcast, tried restarting it, then I couldn't cast it to my TV. I watched the rest of the races...
I lost audio streaming through the NBC Sports app on a Roku, but after frantic texts I learned that my buddy streaming directly from the website on his computer also lost audio. It only lasted maybe 2 minutes before the audio came back.

I know a lot of people have been complaining about stream issues or rocks during the commercials but this package came together with little notice and I truly believe next year will be better organized and us at home will have a better viewing experience. Including more live races on broadcast.
greenmx5
1/21/2019 6:33pm
Deployer78 wrote:
S.O.S. wrote:
I lost audio streaming through the NBC Sports app on a Roku, but after frantic texts I learned that my buddy streaming directly from the website...
I lost audio streaming through the NBC Sports app on a Roku, but after frantic texts I learned that my buddy streaming directly from the website on his computer also lost audio. It only lasted maybe 2 minutes before the audio came back.

I know a lot of people have been complaining about stream issues or rocks during the commercials but this package came together with little notice and I truly believe next year will be better organized and us at home will have a better viewing experience. Including more live races on broadcast.
Streaming issues shouldn't be affected by how little notice it took to put the package together. They have been running with the outdoor series for 2 years now.
race
1/21/2019 7:03pm
moto726 wrote:
So I just bought the supercross package and A2 was my first experience with the gold package. I was pretty impressed by how good it all...
So I just bought the supercross package and A2 was my first experience with the gold package. I was pretty impressed by how good it all was, but the quality seemed to be less than what it is on regular tv. Anyone else have this issue?
I notice my DirecTV feed is better quality image than the Gold feed.

The Gold is really just for practice / quals and same for outdoor MX. Or if the DirecTV ever has a major problem.
1/23/2019 6:12am
Lol, and I'm the bad guy. NBC is a joke. The fact that Race day live is on there really pisses me off. That has been free for years. The races were free on the Fox Sports app and the quality was good enough but it was free so there weren't any complaints. I used to watch practice for free on the race day live show. It's a joke.
Markee
Fantasy
2006th
1/23/2019 6:33am
Lol, and I'm the bad guy. NBC is a joke. The fact that Race day live is on there really pisses me off. That has been...
Lol, and I'm the bad guy. NBC is a joke. The fact that Race day live is on there really pisses me off. That has been free for years. The races were free on the Fox Sports app and the quality was good enough but it was free so there weren't any complaints. I used to watch practice for free on the race day live show. It's a joke.
Not one single thing in life is free. It all has a value or a effort put in/out.

We got people complaining about no commercials and the price of a suspension shims up in this bitch. Wow.
kb228
1/23/2019 6:39am
Lol, and I'm the bad guy. NBC is a joke. The fact that Race day live is on there really pisses me off. That has been...
The races werent free unless you watched a stream. And if thats the case then continue on. People still stream them
Markee
Fantasy
2006th
1/23/2019 6:50am
kb228 wrote:
The races werent free unless you watched a stream. And if thats the case then continue on. People still stream them
Nothing is free unless the worthless ass is on a Obama phone using McDonald's Wifi..
1/23/2019 7:02am
Nothing is free, bla bla bla. Unplug from your cable or satellite and buy NBC Gold, then Sling, Amazon Prime, Netflix, Hulu and 10 other streaming apps. You millennials and your logic makes no sense. Pay for your satellite or cable, gets lots of content under one bill and save money. FS1 and FS2 was hands down better. You could watch all of the practice and pre-race content for free on the Supercross website minus a few Moto related commercials (boo hoo) and then you could watch the races live or on a 1hr time delay on FS1. If you were away from home you could stream it without any other added cost to you other than your cable bill from the Fox Sports app. NBC is a major step back from what we had. Yeah I get what everyone is saying, nothing in life is free, you are going to pay for it one way or another.
ob
1/23/2019 7:03am
Those breaks are terrible, I'm not trying to do my laundry etc during my race watching time. Put some commentary about the day or something. I did think the guy walking up the grass to take a piss was funny though.
motofab36
1/23/2019 7:32am
greenmx5 wrote:
I can't ever seem to get decent quality when streaming. I stream showtime, Netflix, and hbo all with 0 problems in HD
I have direct tv with nbc sports channel but I bought a firestick so I could use the gold app for the races that are tape delayed and not live, and I also assumed there would be content during the commercial time, but the quality is terrible, so fuzzy that I can barely read the list of names or tell who is who. I should just make myself stay off social media on the tape delayed nights until I can watch the race on direct tv with HD
swtwtwtw
1/23/2019 7:41am
“Staring at a rock” or just like being at the stadium between motos if one doesn’t leave their seat. I like it. Listening to the kids race on that one break was awesome.
tprice07
1/23/2019 8:23am
I like having the races available from an app
I like that it is $90 for the whole year
I hate that I can't rewind the live broadcast on the app, but I can in a browser.
I think they could move the commercial replacement camera to a cooler area. The pits would be a good place to start. Hell put a live feed camera on one of the dozers..I know that is a little more complicated but it can't be that bad. I can transmit my gopro to my FPV goggles live, and that only cost me about $30 for the transmitter...have to assume they can do something bigger with their budget.
1/23/2019 8:25am
My wife watches some this is us snow on nbc and it was all pixelated. Quality sucked. Wonder if it’s the network in general that blows ?
kb228
1/23/2019 8:32am
Nothing is free, bla bla bla. Unplug from your cable or satellite and buy NBC Gold, then Sling, Amazon Prime, Netflix, Hulu and 10 other streaming...
Nothing is free, bla bla bla. Unplug from your cable or satellite and buy NBC Gold, then Sling, Amazon Prime, Netflix, Hulu and 10 other streaming apps. You millennials and your logic makes no sense. Pay for your satellite or cable, gets lots of content under one bill and save money. FS1 and FS2 was hands down better. You could watch all of the practice and pre-race content for free on the Supercross website minus a few Moto related commercials (boo hoo) and then you could watch the races live or on a 1hr time delay on FS1. If you were away from home you could stream it without any other added cost to you other than your cable bill from the Fox Sports app. NBC is a major step back from what we had. Yeah I get what everyone is saying, nothing in life is free, you are going to pay for it one way or another.
Us millennials are saving money. My cable bill with the fs1 and fs2 add on crap i was forced to buy was $180 a month when bundled with internet.

Drop cable for hulu tv. Its $40 a month. Plus the $70 internet bill = $110 a month. $80 for sx and outdoors adds another $6.67 a month if you divide it out.

I saved $63.33 a month and somehow my millennial logic makes no sense. OK bro.
TSCHAM101
1/23/2019 8:33am
It does suck; however, when I had my A1 party. Everyone was pretty caught up in bench racing during 'break for commercial' time, or taking shots...

Naoooch wrote:
thats would be awsome and i surely would buy a pass to watch the race on nbc. a talk show during the pauses, some rider to...
thats would be awsome and i surely would buy a pass to watch the race on nbc.

a talk show during the pauses, some rider to talk, like they did last year during the practice session, 3h of live but with lot of rider active or not was coming to talk. That was low quality but good.

Use Jim Holley and Daniel Blair.. they are already there for practice and qualifying.. seems to make sense to me.
motox331
1/23/2019 8:49am
Jokes on you guys..... the rock is a subliminal Chevy commercial. "Like a Rock......"
1/23/2019 8:50am
Raised by people like me? My kids are 12, 3 & 1. My children are raised to be respectful. My satellite bill all in is $120 a month. It provides content for my wife, my children and myself. Yes there is a bunch of useless content but it covers everyone's basic needs. I guess I could be selfish and say that my love of SX is more important than providing for them but I will never put myself ahead of them. Especially my wants! If I was single without kids and lived in my parents basement I'd pay for it. Unfortunately I have responsibilities. Not to mention, who wouldn't be upset? Last year we got all of the practices and the race day show for free. All of the races were live or within an hour of being live.
1/23/2019 9:01am
I'm bowing out. I can feel my i.q. dropping by the second speaking with you. If you enjoy paying for something that you got for free last year then you're a special kind of... Well, I just leave it at that. Enjoy your day
neverwas
Fantasy
868th
1/23/2019 9:12am
I wouldn't mind if the picture didn't freeze or the sound go out,but fortunately it didn't last long. Will be interesting to see what is shown during commercial breaks at Oakland.

Post a reply to: NBC gold..

The Latest