Neutral or false neutral when shifting

neysbo
1/21/2018 2:04pm Edited Date/Time 1/22/2018 9:41am
After AC hitting neutral and crashing it got me thinking. Wouldn’t you think the factory teams would have a transmission and clutch set up that would prevent doing this.
|
sandman768
1/21/2018 2:41pm
Ralph gave Emig a chance to explain or discuss what missing a gear or hitting neutral is meant... As usual Emig brought nothing to the party...there has likely been a lot of instances where a top rider has missed a gear or hit neutral resulting in an injury or a significant dnf/crash ... An example with a short story would have resulted in quality expert commentary ....IKnow it's not as easy as it looks but Emig supposed to be the guy with the experiences of racing pro, lets here some things that happen behind the scenes. Right, right, right.....
philG
1/21/2018 3:41pm
sandman768 wrote:
Ralph gave Emig a chance to explain or discuss what missing a gear or hitting neutral is meant... As usual Emig brought nothing to the party...there...
Ralph gave Emig a chance to explain or discuss what missing a gear or hitting neutral is meant... As usual Emig brought nothing to the party...there has likely been a lot of instances where a top rider has missed a gear or hit neutral resulting in an injury or a significant dnf/crash ... An example with a short story would have resulted in quality expert commentary ....IKnow it's not as easy as it looks but Emig supposed to be the guy with the experiences of racing pro, lets here some things that happen behind the scenes. Right, right, right.....
Its like Emig cant be bothered. been a couple of times where Ralph gives him a lead in and he does nothing with it.

As for missed gears, it happens, usually pilot error. A team like PC will be changing selector drums, forks and the lever mech for fun.
Rockinar
1/21/2018 4:25pm
sandman768 wrote:
Ralph gave Emig a chance to explain or discuss what missing a gear or hitting neutral is meant... As usual Emig brought nothing to the party...there...
If Jeff was telling stories during the racing you would complain he needs to quit telling stories during the racing. There's no winning in here.
yamahaha131
1/21/2018 7:09pm
sandman768 wrote:
Rockinar wrote:
If Jeff was telling stories during the racing you would complain he needs to quit telling stories during the racing. There's no winning in here.
Commentating most certainly isn’t easy. There must be so much going on we’ll never see. But... I’ve heard this mentioned numerous times on pulp where Jeff misses an easy chance to go in depth with certain topics for viewers and doesn’t deliver. I don’t usually catch it but it’s not just vital members, industry folks take notice too.

The Shop

1/21/2018 7:28pm
What is false neutral? Is that just another way of saying a rider accidentally shifted into neutral? Or is it something mechanical where it somehow acts/feels like you're in neutral?
kkawboy14
1/21/2018 7:51pm
Remove all false neutrals from transmissions!
kkawboy14
1/21/2018 7:53pm
What is false neutral? Is that just another way of saying a rider accidentally shifted into neutral? Or is it something mechanical where it somehow acts/feels...
What is false neutral? Is that just another way of saying a rider accidentally shifted into neutral? Or is it something mechanical where it somehow acts/feels like you're in neutral?
Google it Bro

BobPA
1/21/2018 7:55pm Edited Date/Time 1/22/2018 6:14am
sandman768 wrote:
philG wrote:
Its like Emig cant be bothered. been a couple of times where Ralph gives him a lead in and he does nothing with it. As for...
Its like Emig cant be bothered. been a couple of times where Ralph gives him a lead in and he does nothing with it.

As for missed gears, it happens, usually pilot error. A team like PC will be changing selector drums, forks and the lever mech for fun.
You ever file a drum to make it nearly impossible to find neutral? I had a Kawi 125 years ago that I hit neutral more than I hit first. Rounded the endges of the shift drum between first and second and it worked like a charm....Had to shut the bike off to get it into neutral though...
JBernard_401
1/21/2018 8:25pm
Thought the PC bikes had 3 or 4 speeds and it was N on the bottom?
jeffro503
1/21/2018 8:37pm
Thought the PC bikes had 3 or 4 speeds and it was N on the bottom?
Where did you hear that? I'm not sure what the production / OEM rule stands on transmissions , but I don't know if that would even be legal? Would it?
1/21/2018 8:41pm
kkawboy14 wrote:
Google it Bro [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/01/21/239401/s1200_7AFB6D4B_5E10_4AD9_A3D0_9ABD7C800D5A.jpg[/img]
Google it Bro

Learn how to spell 'neutral', bro.

So you need to shift again? Or it's a temporary thing that corrects itself?
JBernard_401
1/21/2018 8:48pm
jeffro503 wrote:
Where did you hear that? I'm not sure what the production / OEM rule stands on transmissions , but I don't know if that would even...
Where did you hear that? I'm not sure what the production / OEM rule stands on transmissions , but I don't know if that would even be legal? Would it?
Could have sworn Cosworth or some Euro company custom did their transmissions and custom ratios. And aren't a lot of 450 teams using wider spaced geared transmissions?
1/21/2018 9:17pm
Always thought of false neutral as when you go to shift up and don't put enough pressure on the gear lever resulting in the the bike feeling like its in neutral for a split second or two. Then it engages into the gear.
Acidreamer
1/22/2018 1:18am
Maybe emig was baked again
FlickitFlat
Fantasy
595th
1/22/2018 5:48am
Emig doesn't bother me much. But why the hell does he always say, so and so grabbed to much front brake every time someone washes a front end? That drives me crazy.
tylermx967
1/22/2018 6:37am
ONE TIME I HITTED NEUTREL IN THE BRAKING BUMPS AND FALLED RIGHT INTO THE BAR PAD AND GOED OFF THE TRACK AND ALMOST HITTED THE FENCE PEOPLE EVEN STARTED RUNNED AWAY BUT I JSUT MISSED IT AND THE BIKE COME TO A STOP
Donovan759
1/22/2018 7:07am
tylermx967 wrote:
ONE TIME I HITTED NEUTREL IN THE BRAKING BUMPS AND FALLED RIGHT INTO THE BAR PAD AND GOED OFF THE TRACK AND ALMOST HITTED THE FENCE...
ONE TIME I HITTED NEUTREL IN THE BRAKING BUMPS AND FALLED RIGHT INTO THE BAR PAD AND GOED OFF THE TRACK AND ALMOST HITTED THE FENCE PEOPLE EVEN STARTED RUNNED AWAY BUT I JSUT MISSED IT AND THE BIKE COME TO A STOP
Gold.
dmac1
1/22/2018 7:07am Edited Date/Time 1/22/2018 7:09am
tylermx967 wrote:

^^^ that was real neutrl tho bro. false nutral is diff. its when you thinks you in nutral, but ur really in gear. it usully results in loop outs
kkawboy14
1/22/2018 7:10am
kkawboy14 wrote:
Google it Bro [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/01/21/239401/s1200_7AFB6D4B_5E10_4AD9_A3D0_9ABD7C800D5A.jpg[/img]
Google it Bro

Learn how to spell 'neutral', bro.

So you need to shift again? Or it's a temporary thing that corrects itself?
Sorry!
1/22/2018 8:28am
tylermx967 wrote:
ONE TIME I HITTED NEUTREL IN THE BRAKING BUMPS AND FALLED RIGHT INTO THE BAR PAD AND GOED OFF THE TRACK AND ALMOST HITTED THE FENCE...
BAHAHAHA i literally get giddy whenever im scrolling down a post and i see "tylers" tell tale sign of all caps and begin laughing out loud before i even read the first word just knowing how funny its going to be
Phantom 661
1/22/2018 9:41am
tylermx967 wrote:
Way to keep the spectators on there toes!

Post a reply to: Neutral or false neutral when shifting

The Latest