Never was a Cooper Webb fan, but....

usp4u
6/17/2020 6:54pm
Not bc i didn't like him....just never was invested in him.

Dude is one hell of a racer. Clutch performances. Very impressed with his digging. Looks like a guy who wants to win everytime, no let-up.

Heck of a race.
|
akmx17
6/17/2020 7:01pm
French don't want none.
BallzoutBoy
6/17/2020 7:07pm
Love watching the body slam from houston. Guy rides dirty if you ask me.
dimetime
6/17/2020 7:08pm
Hi Ace! New account? Lolz. Twat.
jasonv43
6/17/2020 7:09pm
usp4u wrote:
Not bc i didn't like him....just never was invested in him. Dude is one hell of a racer. Clutch performances. Very impressed with his digging. Looks...

Dude is one hell of a racer. Clutch performances. Very impressed with his digging. Looks like a guy who wants to win everytime, no let-up.

Heck of a race.
"Racecraft"

The Shop

6/17/2020 7:10pm Edited Date/Time 6/17/2020 10:11pm
You know, I didn’t like cooper because he tucked his ears in his hat, however, once I realized his ears stuck out and he would look silly with them not tucked in his hat I was able to get past it and appreciate his race craft and heart. He has turned me into a fan.

Dude won’t lay down and his bar to bar tactics are second to none. Glad to be able to watch him ride.
usp4u
6/17/2020 7:10pm
usp4u wrote:
Not bc i didn't like him....just never was invested in him. Dude is one hell of a racer. Clutch performances. Very impressed with his digging. Looks...

Heck of a race.
jasonv43 wrote:
"Racecraft"
I made a point not to use that word....

And im an old "Walsh Racecraft" rider lol
ga_pike
6/17/2020 7:24pm
I felt like Coop sorta lucked in to his championship last year... he has proven me wrong. Dude is the real deal.
aeffertz
6/17/2020 7:29pm
ga_pike wrote:
I felt like Coop sorta lucked in to his championship last year... he has proven me wrong. Dude is the real deal.
Little off topic, but I felt that way about Sexton and he's proved he doesn't need just luck to be on his side. Definitely makes me think twice before discrediting these dudes thinking it was only "luck" that got them the #1 plate.
usp4u
6/17/2020 7:31pm
ga_pike wrote:
I totally get were you are coming from....but, 16rnds indoors or 12x2 outdoors.........i don't think we can ever 'accused a rider of lucking into any championship.

Rather, in the MC/RC eras we are more accustomed to seeing a run of domination in one series or another.....yet, when a battle plays out we don't give the victor the accolades they deserve.
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
6/17/2020 8:41pm
And...that's enough of the audition.
Mavetism
6/17/2020 9:03pm
I figured out I disliked Webb because he started beating my favorite riders last year. I don't know about outdoors, but in sx Webb will be hard to beat in the upcoming years specially if he starts the season healthy. Not only does he have an awesome racecraft, also the way he turns it up in the last laps, the only one who can match Eli's sx speed currently. On top of that that guy starts like a rocket every race. What do you guys think, could he go on a run with 2021?
HusqFan3
6/17/2020 9:52pm
Always thought he was kind of a douche/closet asshole hiding behind bible personality but he’s certainly earned my respect as a legit champion
level rider. Don’t think he’ll have anything for ET3 outdoors but if they both come into next season riding like they are now, 21’ is going to be one hell of a battle for SX Championship. Tomac’s otherworldly raw speed vs Webb being the vastly superior/consistent starter & overall racecraft that makes me question if he has a 2nd set of eyes in the back of his head. Should make for good TV.
6/17/2020 9:52pm
Mavetism wrote:
I figured out I disliked Webb because he started beating my favorite riders last year. I don't know about outdoors, but in sx Webb will be...
I figured out I disliked Webb because he started beating my favorite riders last year. I don't know about outdoors, but in sx Webb will be hard to beat in the upcoming years specially if he starts the season healthy. Not only does he have an awesome racecraft, also the way he turns it up in the last laps, the only one who can match Eli's sx speed currently. On top of that that guy starts like a rocket every race. What do you guys think, could he go on a run with 2021?
He seems like he always shows up to give it everything he has. No bike set up excuses or anything. Sort of like herlings.. just goes fast no matter what.
6/17/2020 11:35pm
jasonv43 wrote:
"Racecraft"
Fail.

You forgot (Drink)

Love that Cooper dragged this out another week. Anything can happen is STILL an option.

Wednesday Wonder, Webb-wagon race-craft (drink) at it's finest.
Tenacious P
6/17/2020 11:47pm
Totally agree. Coop is an asshole but hot damn he went turbo-Webb those last 4 laps. My Sony HDTV could barely keep up with the speed of him and ET3. Tomac was on his way to a hero ride and Webb was like NOPE! I love it. Tomac deserves a title, but I am now a Cooper Webb fan.
Pop Shmoke
6/18/2020 12:08am
jasonv43 wrote:
"Racecraft"
Fail. You forgot (Drink) Love that Cooper dragged this out another week. Anything can happen is STILL an option. Wednesday Wonder, Webb-wagon race-craft (drink) at it's...
Fail.

You forgot (Drink)

Love that Cooper dragged this out another week. Anything can happen is STILL an option.

What place does Tomac need to get to win? 2nd to last? He needs 1 point right?
Mavetism
6/18/2020 2:03am
jasonv43 wrote:
"Racecraft"
Fail. You forgot (Drink) Love that Cooper dragged this out another week. Anything can happen is STILL an option. Wednesday Wonder, Webb-wagon race-craft (drink) at it's...
Fail.

You forgot (Drink)

Pop Shmoke wrote:
What place does Tomac need to get to win? 2nd to last? He needs 1 point right?
If Webb wins Tomac has to finish in at least 19th. (that way he would win the tie breaker)
Kelz87
Fantasy
1574th
6/18/2020 2:09am
I was a Coop fan in the 250’s. Once he started messing up my favorite riders’ races in such frustrating manner, he pissed me off! Lol he is a hell of a racer and competitor tho
Ray_MXS
6/18/2020 2:17am
Never liked the kid. I think he comes off as a bit of a douchebag. Never rooting for him to win.

But he has a will to win and a racecraft that we havent seen in a long time. Kid can dig deep and pull off some amazing stuff. How some of you can deny this I cannot understand. Have you not been watching the racing these last 2 years? And didnt you watch him in the 250s?

You dont have to like a rider to respect him.
teamddr
6/18/2020 2:28am Edited Date/Time 6/18/2020 2:29am
This last two years is screaming one thing at me. Give Barcia a KTM because cooper had nothing for him to Webb climbed onto one and went to Aldons. Cooper has been transformed indoors but lacks the physical attributes to mix it with Tomac outdoors to.
Still his character when he has to dig deep is a quality only champions possess.
6/18/2020 2:40am
ga_pike wrote:
Yeah no, coopers chanpionship was legit. Andersons was as underwhelming as when justin hill took the 250sx title
motomike137
6/18/2020 3:42am
ga_pike wrote:
Anderson 2018 yes, Webb last year no.
Ray_MXS
6/18/2020 3:51am
ga_pike wrote:
Anderson 2018 yes, Webb last year no.
You never "luck" in to a championship. You win championships by consistently beeing better than everyone else. Jason Anderson did exactly that in 2018. It wasnt like Tomacs bike broke at the last round in the last corner. Anderson earned that title straight up.
reded
6/18/2020 5:29am
How awesome would this final race be if not for “The Crash?”
6/18/2020 5:32am
Webb is the real deal, and no one cares whether or not he's popular off the track...he certainly doesnt. Going from a mid pack guy to championship contender in one year was impressive, to say the least. Although getting off that yamaha had a lot to do with it imo. But he's fun to watch on the track, especially last year when he made Roczen his bitch with all those last lap/corner passes and finger bangs over the finish line.
KX500
6/18/2020 5:44am
....Me either, but I do like seeing almost anybody get a second chance, and when they are able to capitalize on it the way he has - hard not to be impressed.

And, no you never hear much in the way of excuses out of him and he never blamed the Yamaha. I think sometimes dealing with a situation that just isn't going to work can make us extra ready and better able to capitalize on a situation that will work.

He earned the #1 plate last year, no doubt in my mind.

But one thing Tomac's recent charges from the back of the pack, have led me to wonder is, just how many guys out there can do that?

So I wouldn't start handing any more #1 plates to CW just yet - what if Tomac figures out starts - but you can bet that if he is able he'll be towards the front battling for it.

kage173
6/18/2020 5:48am
Saw him in the pits his rookie 250 year. Asked him to take a picture with my kid. He practically rolled his eyes at his manfriend, then turned around as soon as it was done without saying a thing. Not a huge deal, but not what we get from most riders. So I kind of tucked him away as a little bit of a prick and what I saw on TV seemed to match that.

But I've always appreciated him as a racer. The guy has an ugly riding style and is not the most talented out there. He just has a massive chip on his shoulder and a ton of heart. He figures out ways to win, feeds off the pressure, and never stops. Watching him beat Roczen in Dallas on the last turn was the most exciting thing I've ever seen at a race.
GregDVT
6/18/2020 6:52am Edited Date/Time 6/18/2020 6:54am
ga_pike wrote:
aeffertz wrote:
Little off topic, but I felt that way about Sexton and he's proved he doesn't need just luck to be on his side. Definitely makes me...
Little off topic, but I felt that way about Sexton and he's proved he doesn't need just luck to be on his side. Definitely makes me think twice before discrediting these dudes thinking it was only "luck" that got them the #1 plate.
I felt that way about Bogle. Than I watched him win his first 450 moto at budds in person with my jaw on the floor and I no longer make those types of assumptions haha
kpiper
6/18/2020 7:58am
What we are seeing in Webb right now is what DeCoster knew was there. Roger sure does have an eye for amazing talent even when it is not really showing.

Remember, even Webb said he was surprised DeCoster wanted him at that moment in his career. The KTM bike has some to do with it but I think it is the whole KTM program with Aldon that has raised his performance so much.

Post a reply to: Never was a Cooper Webb fan, but....

The Latest