btn
btn
1 of 4
Related:
Create New Tag
GTCD15317 GTCD15317
1/7/2018 9:26 AM

When bikes were on track last night the racing was great, but to me, the loss of semi's equaled less racing and more B.S television fill. Made for a very boring televison viewing experience.

Reese95w Reese95w
1/7/2018 9:36 AM

I agree. And the logic the TV guys gave last night for getting rid of the 450 Semis, (more racing), was the very same logic that brought back the Semis a few years also. That logic when applied to getting rid of the Semis is Back Asswards. It was all done for the TV coverage, not for better and more racing.

“Adhering to 1970’s Standards of Political Correctness”

Motofinne Motofinne
1/7/2018 9:39 AM

Yeah i have to agree to some extent. But i guess we'll get used to it.

dimetime dimetime
1/7/2018 9:44 AM

The new format is awful. So much wasted time and so little racing.

My son and l were just blown away at how they had to burn time to make up for the lack of semis and it's getting very hard to justify the cost of going for so little racing.

I love SX but the powers that be are doing their best to completely ruin the experience either live or on TV.

They honestly had at one point a four year old girl sing the alphabet song and then the stadium do "the wave" just to kill time. It was ridiculous.

The 450 main saved the night.

Acidreamer Acidreamer
1/7/2018 9:48 AM

i preferred the new format. I dont really give 2 shits about semi races. I like to see the top guys race. Semis used to be nap time. fr.

2009 Kawasaki KX450F
2009 Kawasaki KX250F
2002 Suzuki GSXR 600

drt410 drt410
1/7/2018 9:50 AM

Yea the faster they get to the mains the better for me.

ButteryWaffles ButteryWaffles
1/7/2018 9:56 AM

Semi's were lame.

BMSOBx2 BMSOBx2
1/7/2018 9:58 AM
GTCD15317 wrote:

When bikes were on track ...more

Agree. The FS1 feed was almost unwatchable. With all the commercials and filler was very boring. From now on I'll record the race and watch it later so I can fast-forward through all the BS.

lando356 lando356
1/7/2018 10:04 AM
GTCD15317 wrote:

When bikes were on track ...more

I agree also....

deluxeman deluxeman
1/7/2018 10:05 AM

It did seem like the whole show was a bore. It is good Roczen was back so they had something to fill the gaps. I understand that they want to streamline the program. But like most things these days they have to dumb it down for the casual fan. That is the price we have to pay to tru and grow the fan base.

After the novelty of Roczen wears off they are going to have to drag JS7 out of retirement to have some new filler.

dimetime dimetime
1/7/2018 10:10 AM
ButteryWaffles wrote:

Semi's were lame.

Regardless l'd still rather watch racing at the stadium.

Still wayyyy better than two dudes load crap in a truck and little girls singing.

Also, the commercials are bad enough on TV but l sure as hell didn't pay good money to watch them over and over at the stadium.

Knobbyjake Knobbyjake
1/7/2018 10:12 AM

Whole program was lame, so much fluff and filler. I don't like waiting but it's so much better recording it and fast forwarding through the garbage. Plus after the first few laps the racing is done. It's a parade to the finish unless it's an exception.

Anyone but Ralph!

abn166 abn166
1/7/2018 10:13 AM
ButteryWaffles wrote:

Semi's were lame.

Not having them is even lamer. Less racing for your money if you are buying tickets.

Jroc Jroc
1/7/2018 10:15 AM

I like this format but I thought the 450 heats were supposed to be longer.

dadofagun dadofagun
1/7/2018 10:15 AM

New format is lame.....

RbR RbR
1/7/2018 10:20 AM

The new format diminishes the relevancy of the slower riders who normally battle through the semis to get to the main. Less media attention, less airtime, fewer podium appearances, fewer reasons for sponsorships.

KennyT KennyT
1/7/2018 10:28 AM

3 hour time a lot for SX doesn’t work. It would be like showing scrimmages and workouts before a NFL game, batting practice before baseball etc. SX should be a 1 hour program with the only races that count, the 2 mains

Reese95w Reese95w
1/7/2018 10:44 AM
drt410 wrote:

Yea the faster they get to ...more

OK then, just take the top 22 out of the 250 and 450 practice/qualifying session and stick them in the finals. Wham, bam, thank you mam.

Actually that is what they will do for 3 of the races this year, but there will be 3 finals in each class like at the MEC.

Maybe the circus company Feld is trying to transition into just taking 22 for each class out of qualifying and then running a single final in each class. Maybe that is their grand scheme in the long run? So Supercross can fit into an hour long TV slot.

No matter, as I have done for years I will continue to DVR the Supercross races and fast forward past all the commercials and fluff. And I doubt I will ever attend the Seattle Supercross in person again.

“Adhering to 1970’s Standards of Political Correctness”

yz133rider yz133rider
1/7/2018 10:50 AM

Heats and semis are just qualifying. Why they dont go to a 2 or 3 moto format baffles me. Do the qualifying during day. Night show and live tv is the motos. Just like outdoors. No need for fillers

TheNewOriginal TheNewOriginal
1/7/2018 10:55 AM
Acidreamer wrote:

i preferred the new ...more

Agree from you on not giving 2 shits about the semi. But, it does give the "top guys" another chance to make the main. Fall in a heat race and a bad start in LCQ and you're done for the night. They should guarantee the top 3 in points (or qualifying for A1) a last gate pick in the main.

colintrax colintrax
1/7/2018 11:10 AM

Glad the semis are gone but track prep really needs to be shortened.
Design the tracks to bring down speed and it'll be OK to let the tracks get rough.

smashingpumpkins167 smashingpumpkins167
1/7/2018 11:14 AM

They need a Ronnie Mac half time show

Instagram: vanillaice782
Amateur helmet painter

dirtdog36 dirtdog36
1/7/2018 11:20 AM

Semi's are lame. Always have been always will be

philG philG
1/7/2018 11:26 AM
ButteryWaffles wrote:

Semi's were lame.

abn166 wrote:

Not having them is even ...more

I had to laugh when they put a ticker on the side of the screen saying '15mins till Dungey' and then '35 mins to Roczen Story'... what kind of TV is that FFS... it BLOWS.

And Julianna Daniel, please , just please stop. I dont care , about social media, nobody does.

And the logic behind dropping the semi's .. guys will race hard to make it straight to the main, now guys will go back to cruising round rather than risk having to go to the LCQ.. field isnt deep enough .

I dread to think what the fill ins will be like... #makeuptomud.. WTF was that .

And while i am on one , WHY THE FUCK IS THERE A CARTOON CAT EXPLAINING THE POINTS..... WE DO NOT HAVE A TARGET AUDIENCE OF PRE-SCHOOLERS.

Diabolical .. utter shite for prime time saturday night, and even worse if you are watching live in the UK at 3am.

malachi177 malachi177
1/7/2018 11:30 AM

Have a 125 class,Supermini class, the 50cc class or something to fill in some of the time. A buddy and I purchased the stream on SXlive so it's not the FS1 broadcast. The zero commercials was ok, but the silent view of the track and everything was awkward. Lots of silence...almost better to have commercials.

Ing Ing
1/7/2018 11:34 AM

I was excited to go to the Tampa SX after not having it for years. Now, I don't think I'll even go. Just DVR it on TV and watch the mains. Isn't that what Feld is trying to get to? From a 3 1/2hr. time slot to a 3hr. time slot with a lot less racing. Kind of counterproductive IMO.

The older I get, the faster I was. Posting without a cast on is fun!

rikhek rikhek
1/7/2018 11:39 AM

I can't believe anybody watches it live. Human interest stories, pre and post race interviews and commercials are unbearable. I always record and press FF a lot. You can watch in a fraction of the time just forwarding to gate drops.

FWIW, I don't watch ANYTHING that's not recorded.

mauidex mauidex
1/7/2018 11:42 AM

Yeah I gotta say the tv broadcast is getting worse and wise every year. Waaayyy too much fluff and fill and seems like more commercials than normal but at least it is in live most of the time!!??

TDeath21 TDeath21
1/7/2018 11:43 AM

I’m personally not a fan of the semi races. They didn’t produce good racing. But I loved having them for one huge reason. That battle for 4th in the heats would always involve two really good riders and made that racing a ton better.

Kruse317 Kruse317
1/7/2018 11:45 AM

I preferred the new format. Seemed like guys put more effort into the heat races. With the semis most of the time it just made the heats and semis too laid back and boring. Having less opportunities for error if you want to make the main is more fun to watch! I would prefer the heats to be a little longer though and maybe try to add some incentives to winning the heats.

btn
btn
1 of 4

Post a Reply

Cool Wink Smile Tongue Laughing Shocked Sick Angry Blink Sad Unsure Kissing Woohoo Grinning Silly Pinch Sideways Whistling Evil Dizzy Blush Cheerful Huh Dry