New GASGAS pics?

mattman631
2/27/2020 11:58am Edited Date/Time 5/25/2021 12:51pm
Are there any pics floating around of the new GASGAS (cough red KTM)? Per IG, Coldenhoff is still riding an Orange KTM? Did I miss something?
|
Motocrossjunky
Fantasy
1071st
2/27/2020 12:00pm
I believe it was said they were going to show them the Friday before the first GP, so that should be tomorrow.
mattman631
2/27/2020 12:02pm
I believe it was said they were going to show them the Friday before the first GP, so that should be tomorrow.
Nice! I know better, but I hope they change more than just the color and graphics
fourfourone
2/27/2020 12:09pm
mattman631 wrote:
Nice! I know better, but I hope they change more than just the color and graphics
I would assume its just going to be another KTM/ HUSY with different colors and graphics?
flatout111
2/27/2020 12:12pm
Should be a press conference tomorrow. Glenn said they had done a photo shoot. I expect it to be pretty much a red ktm this year but over time i think they will do little things to differentiate from the KTM, just as Husqvarna has.

Its a win win. It keeps a brand i love around. ( i own a 2017 GaaGas EC300). It also will offer a little variety in looks and components plus offers more factory jobs for people like Taddy, Glenn and Laia.

The Shop

mattman631
2/27/2020 12:13pm
I would assume its just going to be another KTM/ HUSY with different colors and graphics?
Yeah I assume, but I can be hopeful
flatout111
2/27/2020 1:28pm
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/02/27/407150/s1200_F88A8069_1C10_4121_82FA_E2C39F3F3737.jpg[/img]

I like it! I've always liked the clean look of the GasGas bikes and the shade of red, though I admittedly preferred the pink/red they used to use along with the Bailey-ish Honda red of the 80's.

But I like it! I can't wait to see the EC model Taddy runs. It possibly may also be unveiled tomorrow, hopefully.
Press516
Fantasy
111th
2/27/2020 1:28pm
flatout111 wrote:
Should be a press conference tomorrow. Glenn said they had done a photo shoot. I expect it to be pretty much a red ktm this year...
Should be a press conference tomorrow. Glenn said they had done a photo shoot. I expect it to be pretty much a red ktm this year but over time i think they will do little things to differentiate from the KTM, just as Husqvarna has.

Its a win win. It keeps a brand i love around. ( i own a 2017 GaaGas EC300). It also will offer a little variety in looks and components plus offers more factory jobs for people like Taddy, Glenn and Laia.
Sadly, it won't be the GASGAS you love going forward... Just the move to WP is enough to screw the pooch, but they will all be re-branded KTM's soon. I wish they would have kept the KYB, Nissin and other parts and just worked the KTM motors in...
aeffertz
2/27/2020 1:29pm
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/02/27/407150/s1200_F88A8069_1C10_4121_82FA_E2C39F3F3737.jpg[/img]

flatout111 wrote:
I like it! I've always liked the clean look of the GasGas bikes and the shade of red, though I admittedly preferred the pink/red they used...
I like it! I've always liked the clean look of the GasGas bikes and the shade of red, though I admittedly preferred the pink/red they used to use along with the Bailey-ish Honda red of the 80's.

But I like it! I can't wait to see the EC model Taddy runs. It possibly may also be unveiled tomorrow, hopefully.
That’s a photoshop.
flatout111
2/27/2020 1:41pm
One thing I love is the fact that the GasGas logo has always been boldly displayed. I miss that on the KTM's as these days they totally minimize the KTM logo to almost nothing. It's basically a Red Bull bike these days but, hey, they are paying the bills so I completely understand from a business POV.

The new KTM owned GG reminds me quite a bit of my 2017 EC300 which I think looks great.

flatout111
2/27/2020 1:47pm
So it's photo shop? Hm. Wouldn't surprise me. The silver wheels seem strange to me in this day and age where everyone runs black.

I, too, wish they could have kept KYB but it totally would be a stupid move considering KTM owns WP. So yeah, that's a downgrade but it is what it is. I have KYB on my 2020 Sherco, on my GG EC300 but also WP on my XC-W TPI. They all are better than I can ever push them to so although I do prefer the KYB it's not a huge deal to me.

Truth be told, I was waiting over the last few years to hear GG was going away so them moving to a stable owner, even if there are some drawbacks, was good news to me.
XC706
Fantasy
841st
2/27/2020 1:48pm

flatout111 wrote:
I like it! I've always liked the clean look of the GasGas bikes and the shade of red, though I admittedly preferred the pink/red they used...

aeffertz wrote:
That’s a photoshop.
Is it the clutch cover throwing you off ? KTM changed the Husky clutch covers and I believe that is what is happening here as well.
Press516
Fantasy
111th
2/27/2020 2:03pm
flatout111 wrote:
One thing I love is the fact that the GasGas logo has always been boldly displayed. I miss that on the KTM's as these days they...
One thing I love is the fact that the GasGas logo has always been boldly displayed. I miss that on the KTM's as these days they totally minimize the KTM logo to almost nothing. It's basically a Red Bull bike these days but, hey, they are paying the bills so I completely understand from a business POV.

The new KTM owned GG reminds me quite a bit of my 2017 EC300 which I think looks great.

I get what you're saying and absolutely agree that it's better to have the brand around than not. It's just going to lose it's entire personality and that's a bummer. It's a boutique brand really, with low numbers sold... And that's why very few people know much about them. And if someone hasn't ridden a "newer" GASGAS, they have no idea what they are missing. They really are great bikes.

Mossy
2/27/2020 2:06pm
I think it would be sweet to have a cool gas gas 250 for the trials
flatout111
2/27/2020 2:18pm
If that is indeed a photoshop I wouldn't be surprised. I, personally, think it is going to look a lot like the Rally bike Laia Sanz just finished Dakar on. A little more white and a super cool looking machine. Man, I would so love to have a Rally bike to go along with my Hard Enduro bikes but just don't have 40k laying around. Wink

Renner153
Fantasy
3544th
2/27/2020 3:25pm
Picture an all red ktm that says gasgas in white. Throw some silver rims on it and some sponsors and you have the gasgas of 2020.
aeffertz
2/27/2020 3:32pm Edited Date/Time 2/27/2020 3:35pm
flatout111 wrote:

aeffertz wrote:
That’s a photoshop.
XC706 wrote:
Is it the clutch cover throwing you off ? KTM changed the Husky clutch covers and I believe that is what is happening here as well.
No, it’s just visually obvious. Aside from the plastic having no mounting holes, the muffler having a weird shadow on it from the original photo, the overall low quality and smudging... While we know and joke that they’ll just be “Red KTM’s” they aren’t going to literally put red colored KTM plastics on it. That’s the easiest part to change to make look like a different bike, they’re not going to use slightly modified KTM bodywork. I would be willing to bet they won’t be slapping on an actual KTM swingarm as well.

This photo has been around for a while yet a single reputable media outlet hasn’t mentioned it all either. Safe to say it just for clicks.
Renner153
Fantasy
3544th
2/27/2020 3:48pm
aeffertz wrote:
That’s a photoshop.
XC706 wrote:
aeffertz wrote:
No, it’s just visually obvious. Aside from the plastic having no mounting holes, the muffler having a weird shadow on it from the original photo, the...
No, it’s just visually obvious. Aside from the plastic having no mounting holes, the muffler having a weird shadow on it from the original photo, the overall low quality and smudging... While we know and joke that they’ll just be “Red KTM’s” they aren’t going to literally put red colored KTM plastics on it. That’s the easiest part to change to make look like a different bike, they’re not going to use slightly modified KTM bodywork. I would be willing to bet they won’t be slapping on an actual KTM swingarm as well.

This photo has been around for a while yet a single reputable media outlet hasn’t mentioned it all either. Safe to say it just for clicks.
It’s going to have red ktm plastics on it.
Silas444
2/27/2020 4:05pm
Renner153 wrote:
Well, if it doesn't even have a different shaped front fender, then I'd say it's a bit of a missed opportunity. That rally bike is flipping' gorgeous, I love the dark red color with the white accents, so my hope is that they show a little ambition by following those cues. If they did, they could arguably have the best looking bike on the track, instead of just a "red KTM."
flatout111
2/27/2020 4:11pm
Renner153 wrote:
Silas444 wrote:
Well, if it doesn't even have a different shaped front fender, then I'd say it's a bit of a missed opportunity. That rally bike is flipping'...
Well, if it doesn't even have a different shaped front fender, then I'd say it's a bit of a missed opportunity. That rally bike is flipping' gorgeous, I love the dark red color with the white accents, so my hope is that they show a little ambition by following those cues. If they did, they could arguably have the best looking bike on the track, instead of just a "red KTM."
Agreed. Laia's Rally GG is one of the best looking, cleanest looking machines around. Love it.
Renner153
Fantasy
3544th
2/27/2020 4:14pm
Renner153 wrote:
Silas444 wrote:
Well, if it doesn't even have a different shaped front fender, then I'd say it's a bit of a missed opportunity. That rally bike is flipping'...
It’s all ktm plastics. Just red. Shrouds are plain red with gasgas stretched across it. Will have silver rims. Should look ok if you like simple.
aeffertz
2/27/2020 4:16pm
Renner153 wrote:
Silas444 wrote:
Renner153 wrote:
It’s all ktm plastics. Just red. Shrouds are plain red with gasgas stretched across it. Will have silver rims. Should look ok if you like simple.
Where did you see the new bikes?
2/27/2020 4:22pm Edited Date/Time 2/27/2020 4:22pm
flatout111 wrote:
Should be a press conference tomorrow. Glenn said they had done a photo shoot. I expect it to be pretty much a red ktm this year...

Well start stocking up on parts now. When they bought out Husqvarna they immediately stopped producing OEM parts for all previous models. Once the supply was gone that was it.
Renner153
Fantasy
3544th
2/27/2020 4:22pm Edited Date/Time 2/27/2020 4:27pm
One of the few that have seen it
Silas444
2/27/2020 4:27pm
Renner153 wrote:
Oh, well. As Paul McCarney once sang so eloquently, "She may be right, she may be fine, she may get love but she won't get mine."
kkawboy14
2/27/2020 5:07pm
Gas gas.....is this a thing?
flatout111
2/27/2020 5:32pm
flatout111 wrote:

Rushton597 wrote:
Well start stocking up on parts now. When they bought out Husqvarna they immediately stopped producing OEM parts for all previous models. Once the supply was...
Well start stocking up on parts now. When they bought out Husqvarna they immediately stopped producing OEM parts for all previous models. Once the supply was gone that was it.
I've got two sets of brand new plastics/graphics as well as many other parts. Also Hall's Cycles, who bought a ton of the old Husky stuff has parts for days. So no huge concern on my part.
line-up
2/27/2020 7:49pm
flatout111 wrote:

The GasGas presentation, originally scheduled for tomorrow 5:10pm, has been cancelled.

Post a reply to: New GASGAS pics?

The Latest