New Suzuki team for SX?

Moto_571
I heard some people in the pits at Monster Cup talking about a new Suzuki team for 2018, anyone have any details? Like a second team along with JGR?
|
MelonFan123
10/20/2017 10:09am
A 450 team? I believe on a podcast it was mentioned that the Traders Racing (250 East) team will be going from Yamaha's to Suzuki's. Maybe thats the team?
thereal_RJ
10/20/2017 10:16am Edited Date/Time 10/20/2017 10:20am
I heard it's gonna be a 450 team with some factory support. With a couple good riders. Hope it's true. Would really like to see Suzuki step up their support after RCH went out
Brent
10/20/2017 10:26am
With the mediocre reviews the RMZ 450 has been receiving, they had better do something to drive sales. Last place in every shootout I have seen.

I've seen exactly one unit at the track, and it was a magazine test bike. Doesn't look like buyers are exactly storming the Suzuki dealerships to get one...
tek14
10/20/2017 10:48am
thereal_RJ wrote:
I heard it's gonna be a 450 team with some factory support. With a couple good riders. Hope it's true. Would really like to see Suzuki...
I heard it's gonna be a 450 team with some factory support. With a couple good riders. Hope it's true. Would really like to see Suzuki step up their support after RCH went out
Like Stewarts? So that would be Ride 365/Seven /Suzuki/RedBull?

The Shop

davistld01
10/20/2017 10:53am
tek14 wrote:
DEMONDAVE
10/20/2017 11:22am
thereal_RJ wrote:
I heard it's gonna be a 450 team with some factory support. With a couple good riders. Hope it's true. Would really like to see Suzuki...
tek14 wrote:
let it go man let it go........................
motoracer58
Fantasy
345th
10/20/2017 11:36am
I think its going to be Ronnie Stewarts team. Pulp mentioned it a few weeks ago that Ronnie has a lease on the rig for next year still and a couple riders are linked with the team
Dtat720
10/20/2017 11:39am
Nick Schmidt and Cheyanne Harmon would be cool. Cheyanne has his current zooks for sale and is on new zooks
10/20/2017 11:53am
My local shop got in 10 2018 RMZ450s and sold 5 already. The guys are ripping on them too
tprice07
10/20/2017 12:07pm
thereal_RJ wrote:
tek14 wrote:
Nope, Malcolm was shopping for a ride a week ago (check out the Q&A with MCR's Mike Genova. According to Mike, he was talking with Big James and Malcolm after vegas, then they stopped returning phone calls. Finally after Mike texted one of them to see if he should pull them off his list they said yes. Then a week ago Big James calls him to ask if he has any openings for Malcolm.

James is done, I hate to say it. And his inability to step up and say it is really killing Malcolm's chances at a ride. Just step up and retire already or say something so people know. It's literally insane.
tek14
10/20/2017 1:06pm
tprice07 wrote:
Nope, Malcolm was shopping for a ride a week ago (check out the Q&A with MCR's Mike Genova. According to Mike, he was talking with Big...
Nope, Malcolm was shopping for a ride a week ago (check out the Q&A with MCR's Mike Genova. According to Mike, he was talking with Big James and Malcolm after vegas, then they stopped returning phone calls. Finally after Mike texted one of them to see if he should pull them off his list they said yes. Then a week ago Big James calls him to ask if he has any openings for Malcolm.

James is done, I hate to say it. And his inability to step up and say it is really killing Malcolm's chances at a ride. Just step up and retire already or say something so people know. It's literally insane.
Yeah just did read QA and I can't believe how Big James(He handles contracts?) does planning for Mookie.. how many time they passed real ride to have something that doesn't come together (because JS7?)... ?
Sad times for fans if Stewarts and Reed are gone from racing.
tprice07
10/20/2017 1:25pm
tprice07 wrote:
Nope, Malcolm was shopping for a ride a week ago (check out the Q&A with MCR's Mike Genova. According to Mike, he was talking with Big...

tek14 wrote:
Yeah just did read QA and I can't believe how Big James(He handles contracts?) does planning for Mookie.. how many time they passed real ride to...
Yeah just did read QA and I can't believe how Big James(He handles contracts?) does planning for Mookie.. how many time they passed real ride to have something that doesn't come together (because JS7?)... ?
Sad times for fans if Stewarts and Reed are gone from racing.
Yea, I'm sure Big James is a super nice guy but it starts to make sense why Malcolm doesn't have a deal right now. I can't believe he doesn't have an agent handling that stuff? Really too bad if we don't see Malcolm out there. He has so much potential.

If Barcia doesn't take the deal with Yamaha, I hope Malcolm can step into that and get a feel for a good factory 450. I think him being a bigger guy he would handle that yamaha well. Fingers crossed anyhow. Especially since he could have a couple months to test on the bike.
Moto_571
10/23/2017 1:29pm
It would be very cool to see the Stewarts race, hopefully we will get to see it again! I did some digging on Instagram and found a page called HEPmotorsports that seems to have some affiliation with Suzuki and appears to be a new team... maybe that could be it. Who knows..
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
10/23/2017 1:34pm
thereal_RJ wrote:
New? Or Ronnie Stewart's team expanding?
Moto_571
10/23/2017 1:40pm
thereal_RJ wrote:
GuyB wrote:
New? Or Ronnie Stewart's team expanding?
Like new new, I think RS is keeping his current line up.
JB 19
10/23/2017 2:02pm
Brent wrote:
With the mediocre reviews the RMZ 450 has been receiving, they had better do something to drive sales. Last place in every shootout I have seen...
With the mediocre reviews the RMZ 450 has been receiving, they had better do something to drive sales. Last place in every shootout I have seen.

I've seen exactly one unit at the track, and it was a magazine test bike. Doesn't look like buyers are exactly storming the Suzuki dealerships to get one...
It's amazing to me that Suzuki doesn't put more effort into figuring out some decent stock suspension settings. Their last 450 was very underrated and a big reason was the stock suspension was terrible for shootouts.

On the other hand, it makes for great bikes that can be bought dirt cheap.
MX Culture
10/23/2017 2:30pm Edited Date/Time 10/24/2017 2:45am
Dtat720 wrote:
Nick Schmidt and Cheyanne Harmon would be cool. Cheyanne has his current zooks for sale and is on new zooks
1. Not true, Cheyenne bought Yamaha's and a fun mover and is doing his own thing.

2.The new team coming is a group that has been in the pits but is changing it's format. Schmidt is rumored to be on that team and they will have a semi. Probably not yellow.

3. Traders is staying blue as a convo I had with them a few weeks ago.
thereal_RJ
10/23/2017 2:40pm
Dtat720 wrote:
MX Culture wrote:
1. Not true, Cheyenne bought Yamaha's and a fun mover and is doing his own thing. 2.The new team coming is a group that has been...
1. Not true, Cheyenne bought Yamaha's and a fun mover and is doing his own thing.

2.The new team coming is a group that has been in the pits but is changing it's format. Schmidt is rumored to be on that team and they will have a semi. Probably not yellow.

Did some digging on Instagram like moto_571 and the team will be yellow apparently. Interested to see if they will pick up Schmidt
Dtat720
10/30/2017 1:27pm
Dtat720 wrote:
MX Culture wrote:
1. Not true, Cheyenne bought Yamaha's and a fun mover and is doing his own thing. 2.The new team coming is a group that has been...

That was fast lol
rmoto003
10/30/2017 1:39pm
It will be known as the -

GTP LMA CCF IIW Racing Suzuki Team
MelonFan123
10/30/2017 3:47pm
Excited to see a new team in the pits, especially in 450s. I think there is a big void to fill in the premiere class for "second tier" effort teams.
305FC250
10/30/2017 3:53pm
Brent wrote:
With the mediocre reviews the RMZ 450 has been receiving, they had better do something to drive sales. Last place in every shootout I have seen...

The tracks I ride are flooded with new KTM and Huskys. New Hondas, Yamahas, and Kawasakis are fairly common. But I have NEVER seen anyone show up at the track with a fresh Suzuki and dealers around me are always pricing them dirt cheap. They can't seem to get rid of them.
smoothies862
Fantasy
676th
10/30/2017 5:06pm
that is weird. people that have them like them. is it a reliability concern?
Benihana225
10/30/2017 7:30pm Edited Date/Time 10/30/2017 7:31pm
that is weird. people that have them like them. is it a reliability concern?
No they are reliable. Had a 250 and 450 with 100+ hours. No work done besides oil changes. A riders by me with 200 hrs on stock motor and clutches.

It's a development issue. Ride one back to back with any other color and The other colors are better. They are falling behind
TallonT911
12/5/2017 9:23pm
Moto_571 wrote:
Anyone hear anymore on this?
Hanny will be on Suzukis with another rider possibly, dont know if that's the team they heard about or not though

Post a reply to: New Suzuki team for SX?

The Latest