New TR launched

lumpy790
Edited Date/Time 6/16/2018 11:13am
From Tucker Rocky to the New Tucker Powersports launched today.

|
KDXGarage
6/13/2018 7:56pm
I had seen that recently. What happened to the "Rocky" portion?
Jarrod458
6/13/2018 8:18pm
KDXGarage wrote:
Probably clashes with Rocky Mountain a little too much. Trying to distance themselves I bet.
Steadman
6/13/2018 8:30pm
KDXGarage wrote:
I believe it's part of the restructuring since the company that owned them filed for bankruptcy. I'm sure someone can elaborate a little better.

The Shop

mpy
6/13/2018 11:09pm
They've done a great job with the re-branding.
woodsryder
Fantasy
3295th
6/14/2018 6:18am
KDXGarage wrote:
Steadman wrote:
I believe it's part of the restructuring since the company that owned them filed for bankruptcy. I'm sure someone can elaborate a little better.
Correct. Hopefully this will lead them to prosperity and they won't have to file bankruptcy a 3rd time.
TR72Moto
6/15/2018 9:00pm
I worked for Rocky in the main warehouse in Sunnyvale in 84/85/86 and most everyone there was a rider or former rider of some sort, street, dirt, whatever. Catalogs and all the top people, Pres, Vice Pres etc worked there in Sunnyvale. I worked in the warehouse shipping & receiving area. The place was immaculate inside, we had 2 guys that all they did was cut down boxes and sweep floors and keep the bathrooms clean. You could almost eat off the floors and parts were in the correct bins/spots. After Tucker bought them out I went by to visit a couple years later and pick up some parts, everyone that was making a decent wage was gone and in their place was a $7 a hour worker that didn't know the difference between a grip and a shift lever. I was amazed at how many things were in the wrong spot, and boxes? in the isles everywhere, the place was a fire trap !! The bathrooms looked like the local gas station down the street with all the graffiti. The place was a dump ! and most the new people there knew nothing about motorcycles it seems it was just a job. When I worked for Rocky it was a very friendly, almost family type atmosphere, good people enjoying what we were doing and though I never got the chance to meet Mr & Mrs Rocky Ive heard nothing but great things about them. I'm sure Chris Carter can vouch for them and from what I was told Mr Rocky had something to do with Shoei also ??
Same thing is happening with Fox, worked with them from 79-82 nothing but good people and Geoff is one of the nicest guys you'll meet ! Now some big company is going to just look at the numbers and end up ruining a great family run company (In my opinion)
6/15/2018 10:19pm
TR72Moto wrote:
I worked for Rocky in the main warehouse in Sunnyvale in 84/85/86 and most everyone there was a rider or former rider of some sort, street...
I worked for Rocky in the main warehouse in Sunnyvale in 84/85/86 and most everyone there was a rider or former rider of some sort, street, dirt, whatever. Catalogs and all the top people, Pres, Vice Pres etc worked there in Sunnyvale. I worked in the warehouse shipping & receiving area. The place was immaculate inside, we had 2 guys that all they did was cut down boxes and sweep floors and keep the bathrooms clean. You could almost eat off the floors and parts were in the correct bins/spots. After Tucker bought them out I went by to visit a couple years later and pick up some parts, everyone that was making a decent wage was gone and in their place was a $7 a hour worker that didn't know the difference between a grip and a shift lever. I was amazed at how many things were in the wrong spot, and boxes? in the isles everywhere, the place was a fire trap !! The bathrooms looked like the local gas station down the street with all the graffiti. The place was a dump ! and most the new people there knew nothing about motorcycles it seems it was just a job. When I worked for Rocky it was a very friendly, almost family type atmosphere, good people enjoying what we were doing and though I never got the chance to meet Mr & Mrs Rocky Ive heard nothing but great things about them. I'm sure Chris Carter can vouch for them and from what I was told Mr Rocky had something to do with Shoei also ??
Same thing is happening with Fox, worked with them from 79-82 nothing but good people and Geoff is one of the nicest guys you'll meet ! Now some big company is going to just look at the numbers and end up ruining a great family run company (In my opinion)
It's the curse of the American Corporate Culture.

Take something that enthusiasts made successful because they cared and were invested in the success, take it public or merge it with something else and gut all of the enthusiasm out of the company. Watch it start to fail and make further cut backs by removing long term employees. When that drives it further into the ground, call in "consultants" to find out why the company is failing. They will tell you it's a labor issue and you need to cut out the "fat". That means the people who actually know why the company exists. When they are all gone and the company is bleeding money, file bankruptcy. Rinse and repeat.

Enhancing shareholder value...until there is no value.

Been there, experienced that.
snackfedbear
6/15/2018 10:34pm
It's the curse of the American Corporate Culture. Take something that enthusiasts made successful because they cared and were invested in the success, take it public...

Take something that enthusiasts made successful because they cared and were invested in the success, take it public or merge it with something else and gut all of the enthusiasm out of the company. Watch it start to fail and make further cut backs by removing long term employees. When that drives it further into the ground, call in "consultants" to find out why the company is failing. They will tell you it's a labor issue and you need to cut out the "fat". That means the people who actually know why the company exists. When they are all gone and the company is bleeding money, file bankruptcy. Rinse and repeat.

that's deep, bro.
6/15/2018 10:42pm
It's the curse of the American Corporate Culture. Take something that enthusiasts made successful because they cared and were invested in the success, take it public...

that's deep, bro.
Funny, that's what the unemployed former TR reps would say too.
make1go
6/15/2018 10:51pm
TR72Moto wrote:
I worked for Rocky in the main warehouse in Sunnyvale in 84/85/86 and most everyone there was a rider or former rider of some sort, street...

any corporate culture not just in the US.
hedgefund pricks and the like..
no soul only sole.
Gravel
6/16/2018 9:19am

Great description of corporate America.. the Wal-Martization of the country
6/16/2018 9:40am
Curious how long these "internet" companies can survive selling at such low prices.
The amount of volume needed is huge to sustain that model.
It would be best for us all if folks were willing to pay a little bit more at local shops.
7I3N
6/16/2018 10:08am

Spot on. Once a company becomes publicly traded, it all goes to shit. This company is still a benevolent dictatorship and it shows.

TR72Moto
6/16/2018 11:13am
Curious how long these "internet" companies can survive selling at such low prices. The amount of volume needed is huge to sustain that model. It would...
Curious how long these "internet" companies can survive selling at such low prices.
The amount of volume needed is huge to sustain that model.
It would be best for us all if folks were willing to pay a little bit more at local shops.
The funny thing is ....... people. I started my parts & accessories shop in August 1994 and for the first 4-5 years I would average about $15,000 to 20,000 a month, not bad but when rent is $2500 to $3000 a month plus utilities and etc I was able to squeak out a living. Now when the internet started getting legs people would come in and try on the helmet the gloves the boots and look at the brake pads and oil but a lot of times leave because it was a $2 cheaper on the internet and delivered to their house but yet I had it in my store, whatever it might have been. True story, I had a customer in on a Friday looking for a CR rear fender, I had it, he was racing that Sunday. Whatever the fender was $22/$23 first thing he says is "its only $20 from @@@@ who ever ? I would have given him something off but he was such a douche about it I just told him yea but I have it here right now and you only talking $2 or $3 ?? He said his broken one would work for the weekend ! I had more of your common everyday parts than my local dealers but it just seemed like it was never enough to keep everyone happy so they go somewhere else and the internet was it. I had a customer bring in a helmet they bought off the internet and wanted to trade me for a different brand that I carried because his didn't fit him right, this was at the beginning of the internet when you bought it, it was yours ! Anyways for the last 10 years all I do is wrench on bikes which is much better because you cant get your bike fixed on the internet ! But 1000% support your local shops, go in and meet people and support the people that are trying to support you !!!!

Post a reply to: New TR launched

The Latest