New Tech 10 not being used by Astars athletes?

Gandorlf
Edited Date/Time 10/17/2018 11:40am
Anyone notice this? Both Eli and Joey (possibly others) are still running the older Tech 10. Eli even had the "new" colourway on the old Tech 10 chassis... Any particular reason for this? I figured Astars would be pushing for them to be using the newly revelaed version.

Not a big deal I know just an observation I made looking back at photos from last night.
|
Millerrr973
10/14/2018 9:05am
Alpinestars athletes wore the new model last night. Not sure why you think they didn’t?
Gandorlf
10/14/2018 9:10am
Alpinestars athletes wore the new model last night. Not sure why you think they didn’t? [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/10/14/295656/s1200_9A723682_083E_49E2_A1DD_6D9478B995A7.jpg[/img]
Alpinestars athletes wore the new model last night. Not sure why you think they didn’t?
No, not all of them did actually. This is the old Tech 10 with the new recolour
Millerrr973
10/14/2018 9:41am
That’s weird, they advertised that new color way as the new 2019 model.

The Shop

10/14/2018 12:06pm
Ml512 probably knows - but if I remember right, alpinestars can make custom molded boots for their riders.

Maybe these guys have a batch of customs left over???
Spooner
10/14/2018 4:59pm
I noticed that too and for guys like Eli that likely have very customized boots I’d say they are still working on getting the ‘new’ custom boots done for those guys. Also we only have black boots in stock so just having enough boots for all the riders I’m sure is difficult with the mountain of riders they have. I’ll see if I can get a more official answer on why they were running the Le boot in the old model.

There were a few guys doing that at mxon but I think a lot of that was just the amount of mud and to have dry boots for each race it appeared they alternated between last years and this years mxon boot.
10/14/2018 5:11pm
Marv as well. During press day he had the new ones on in the new colourway, but then ran an orange set of the old tech 10s.
Spooner
10/14/2018 6:25pm
Marv as well. During press day he had the new ones on in the new colourway, but then ran an orange set of the old tech...
Marv as well. During press day he had the new ones on in the new colourway, but then ran an orange set of the old tech 10s.
Yeah I think it was more that the LE boots didn’t really match his gear.
Gandorlf
10/15/2018 1:51pm
Spooner wrote:
I noticed that too and for guys like Eli that likely have very customized boots I’d say they are still working on getting the ‘new’ custom...
I noticed that too and for guys like Eli that likely have very customized boots I’d say they are still working on getting the ‘new’ custom boots done for those guys. Also we only have black boots in stock so just having enough boots for all the riders I’m sure is difficult with the mountain of riders they have. I’ll see if I can get a more official answer on why they were running the Le boot in the old model.

There were a few guys doing that at mxon but I think a lot of that was just the amount of mud and to have dry boots for each race it appeared they alternated between last years and this years mxon boot.
I think this is probably why mate, they must all have their own personal touches to the boot in terms of fit and maybe they're just waiting for their own custom ones to arrive/be manufactured. I know for certain that all their gear is handmade specifically for them so the same could be true about their boots?
10/15/2018 1:53pm
Could be as simple as the guys not wanting to race in a new boot until riding the off season in them.
twotwosix
10/15/2018 2:46pm
Spooner wrote:
I noticed that too and for guys like Eli that likely have very customized boots I’d say they are still working on getting the ‘new’ custom...

Gandorlf wrote:
I think this is probably why mate, they must all have their own personal touches to the boot in terms of fit and maybe they're just...
I think this is probably why mate, they must all have their own personal touches to the boot in terms of fit and maybe they're just waiting for their own custom ones to arrive/be manufactured. I know for certain that all their gear is handmade specifically for them so the same could be true about their boots?
Actually that explains nothing. Tomac had old Tech 10s made in the new Vegas LE colorway...
10/15/2018 4:13pm
Marv as well. During press day he had the new ones on in the new colourway, but then ran an orange set of the old tech...
Spooner wrote:
Yeah I think it was more that the LE boots didn’t really match his gear.
I considered that but it's never really mattered before. Astars has released plenty of boot colours that didn't match his gear and he's still ran them.

I wonder if it's just as simple as some riders preferring the older version? I believe Webb was another guy running the older model.
Spooner
10/15/2018 6:34pm
I’m sure there is some of that too. I know we got way less of this LE release so availability I’m assuming was much lower so not everyone got them like they normally do it. Plus many of the top guys have been running modified boots and have developed them over a range of years to be exactly what they want. I’d assume they want to get the new boot dialed in the same way before they race in them. I’d venture to guess that by A1 all the riders will be converted to the new boot.
kb228
10/15/2018 6:59pm
Maybe the boots they wore are an early release version for them to break in before the race. Idk about any of you but i would personally hate to race in brand new boots.
Gandorlf
10/16/2018 3:39pm
Spooner wrote:
I’m sure there is some of that too. I know we got way less of this LE release so availability I’m assuming was much lower so...
I’m sure there is some of that too. I know we got way less of this LE release so availability I’m assuming was much lower so not everyone got them like they normally do it. Plus many of the top guys have been running modified boots and have developed them over a range of years to be exactly what they want. I’d assume they want to get the new boot dialed in the same way before they race in them. I’d venture to guess that by A1 all the riders will be converted to the new boot.
I suppose at their level comfort is key, so you're probably right.

I noticed that Webb, Musquin, Grant, Bagget, Smith and Villo we're doing it too!

bradmx421
10/16/2018 4:36pm
Pretty simple answer....the new tech 10s are not available or even done yet for anyone. I have been getting the run around since august on the release dates for the new tech 10s as none of my customer want to buy new boots until these are out and i keep getting different answers on release dates...... last i heard, black should be being released this week but no colors or white until mid to end of November
Spooner
10/16/2018 4:38pm Edited Date/Time 10/16/2018 4:38pm
bradmx421 wrote:
Pretty simple answer....the new tech 10s are not available or even done yet for anyone. I have been getting the run around since august on the...
Pretty simple answer....the new tech 10s are not available or even done yet for anyone. I have been getting the run around since august on the release dates for the new tech 10s as none of my customer want to buy new boots until these are out and i keep getting different answers on release dates...... last i heard, black should be being released this week but no colors or white until mid to end of November
We (PU) have black in stock now.
DE262
10/16/2018 6:27pm
Transitional period. Cool
TeamFlannel
10/16/2018 7:28pm
I've heard of nuthuggers before but not boothuggers. Y'all realize alpinestars went to shit when they moved manufacturing from skilled Italian craftsmen to some shithole country where they make .15 cents a week, and maybe a cup of rice if you Produce. Here you people are arguing over who has seafoam green with sprinkles. Buy some real boots would'jah.
jbrown15
10/16/2018 7:53pm
I've heard of nuthuggers before but not boothuggers. Y'all realize alpinestars went to shit when they moved manufacturing from skilled Italian craftsmen to some shithole country...
I've heard of nuthuggers before but not boothuggers. Y'all realize alpinestars went to shit when they moved manufacturing from skilled Italian craftsmen to some shithole country where they make .15 cents a week, and maybe a cup of rice if you Produce. Here you people are arguing over who has seafoam green with sprinkles. Buy some real boots would'jah.
Is Croatia now considered a "shithole country"? I didn't realize they only earn 0.15cents a week and a cup of rice there. I'm a little confused....lol

I just looked at my son's Tech 10's and that's where they are made.
Gandorlf
10/17/2018 3:55am
I've heard of nuthuggers before but not boothuggers. Y'all realize alpinestars went to shit when they moved manufacturing from skilled Italian craftsmen to some shithole country...
Why are you getting so upset about it? Nobody asked you to reply on this thread. There's grown men out there who are obsessed with my little pony but I don't go on their threads and flame on it.

And don't tell me every product you buy isn't made in a "shit hole" country. I hope you don't wear Nike, Adidas, Fox, etc or own a flat screen TV or a games console. Shit your phone was probably made in Asia somewhere. Hypocrite.
wfo4ever
10/17/2018 4:14am Edited Date/Time 10/17/2018 4:15am
You can tell It is the off season on Vital MX. Quit typing and go riding!!!
chuckdavies
10/17/2018 4:53am
kb228 wrote:
Maybe the boots they wore are an early release version for them to break in before the race. Idk about any of you but i would...
Maybe the boots they wore are an early release version for them to break in before the race. Idk about any of you but i would personally hate to race in brand new boots.
You could race in brand new SG12s...those things are so comfy even fresh out the box!
Gandorlf
10/17/2018 5:57am
wfo4ever wrote:
You can tell It is the off season on Vital MX. Quit typing and go riding!!!
I currently have a really nasty chest/throat infection (cue the sucking dick jokes) so I'm house bound and I'm bored as anything haha. Can you tell?
Roostermx58
10/17/2018 6:04am
The new tech 10's actually feel really superior. Plus they have reduced the weight to only 8.7 lbs (for a size 10 model). The boots are far slimmer than the previous model. They have redesigned the whole boot.

Most of the top riders have custom booties made for their foot. While the public will only see whole sizes, pros have the exact size they need made for them. There could be some issue production issue with the booties and getting them customized for those riders. Some pro riders do wear the sizes available to the public.
Jt$
10/17/2018 6:19am
bradmx421 wrote:
Pretty simple answer....the new tech 10s are not available or even done yet for anyone. I have been getting the run around since august on the...
They are in stock. The LE Battleborn and Black both available.
TeamGreen
10/17/2018 6:47am
The new boot is STIFF. I'm thinking some athletes simply want to spend plenty of time in them and working them in & getting familiar with them before racing in them.
Gandorlf
10/17/2018 9:31am
bradmx421 wrote:
Jt$ wrote:
They are in stock. The LE Battleborn and Black both available.
Yup Offroad World has them all in stock right now for £489, about 7 different colours inc. White and Black.

Post a reply to: New Tech 10 not being used by Astars athletes?

The Latest