New bike thread! ‘19 KX 450

stevemartin
Edited Date/Time 7/13/2018 2:59pm
I’m more of a snowmobile guy these days, but I haven’t been more excited for a new ride in years! This is my first new bike since I bought my ‘07 KX 250, which I still have! If I can shake my arm pump I might head to the Vet race at Glen Helen in November. This bike will pull double duty as a snow bike in the winter I can’t wait!
|
zb658
7/4/2018 7:09pm
I absolutely love mine. Had a 13 and 16 and this is by far a game changer for the brand. Motor is amazing and handles superb. Welcome back to the green team!
seth505
Fantasy
1271st
7/4/2018 7:47pm
You have plenty of time to get ready for Nov! Congrats.

Kawi has to be happy with the initial feedback on this bike. I don't remember a bike getting such praise other than KTM/Husky last few years (sort of the new Honda 450 as well).
Racer111
7/4/2018 8:17pm
#TeamGreen

Why ride anything else??

The Shop

PJRAUS
7/4/2018 9:00pm
Congrats on the new scooter....seems like people are loving these new Kwacka's!
swtwtwtw
7/4/2018 10:05pm
usafwx wrote:
Congrats!
Gonna be the ‘Bike of the Year”
mx_phreek
Fantasy
210th
7/5/2018 2:45am
It's even got me tempted to buy my first 4T lol
Paul333
7/5/2018 8:44am
Beautiful, I plan on buying one in the Fall.
DB97
7/5/2018 3:04pm
Congrats man they're sweet for sure! Here's mine so far. I can confirm buy a 2018 OEM skid plate and bolts for $20 and it bolts right on. Footpegs fit I put my raptors on, radiator braces don't work they are mounted lower then before. Xtrig bar mounts still work. I'm still wondering if my rekluse will fit. Pro Circuit said 2-3 weeks for exhaust as well. I only broke it in, riding for real Saturday so far it seems way faster and the front end sticks nice.

Preston412
7/6/2018 9:31am Edited Date/Time 7/6/2018 9:35am
DB97 wrote:
Congrats man they're sweet for sure! Here's mine so far. I can confirm buy a 2018 OEM skid plate and bolts for $20 and it bolts...
Congrats man they're sweet for sure! Here's mine so far. I can confirm buy a 2018 OEM skid plate and bolts for $20 and it bolts right on. Footpegs fit I put my raptors on, radiator braces don't work they are mounted lower then before. Xtrig bar mounts still work. I'm still wondering if my rekluse will fit. Pro Circuit said 2-3 weeks for exhaust as well. I only broke it in, riding for real Saturday so far it seems way faster and the front end sticks nice.

DB, let me know when you head to Orlando MX and I will help you break it in. CheerfulCheerful I was suppose to pick mine up last weekend but I am still considering jumping over to orange so when he gets the KTM in I will make my decision.
ML512
Fantasy
54th
7/6/2018 9:34am
DB97 wrote:
Congrats man they're sweet for sure! Here's mine so far. I can confirm buy a 2018 OEM skid plate and bolts for $20 and it bolts...

The clutch fits, triple clamps are a little off as the new stem is shorter.
bvm111
7/6/2018 9:37am
DB97 wrote:

Very interested to find out about the Rekluse, I just put a Torque Drive on my 16 and will pull it off if it fits before I throw it up on CL.
DB97
7/6/2018 9:40am
DB97 wrote:

Preston412 wrote:
DB, let me know when you head to Orlando MX and I will help you break it in. :cheer: :cheer: I was suppose to pick mine...
DB, let me know when you head to Orlando MX and I will help you break it in. CheerfulCheerful I was suppose to pick mine up last weekend but I am still considering jumping over to orange so when he gets the KTM in I will make my decision.
Haha not riding there this weekend but I do go there it's my closest track. That's a tough one I personally just wanted spring forks I made up my mind that I would never do air forks again lol.
DB97
7/6/2018 9:42am
DB97 wrote:

ML512 wrote:
The clutch fits, triple clamps are a little off as the new stem is shorter.
Awesome I had a feeling it would thanks for confirming.
Preston412
7/6/2018 9:55am
DB97 wrote:

Preston412 wrote:
DB, let me know when you head to Orlando MX and I will help you break it in. :cheer: :cheer: I was suppose to pick mine...
DB97 wrote:
Haha not riding there this weekend but I do go there it's my closest track. That's a tough one I personally just wanted spring forks I...
Haha not riding there this weekend but I do go there it's my closest track. That's a tough one I personally just wanted spring forks I made up my mind that I would never do air forks again lol.
Race tech has a spring conversion kit I would order for it. I can get the 19 KTM for less money than the KX but not by much though so I am just reading 19 KX owner's reviews and trying to make my decision by the end of July.
Do you ride at pax much?
DB97
7/6/2018 10:01am
Preston412 wrote:
Race tech has a spring conversion kit I would order for it. I can get the 19 KTM for less money than the KX but not...
Race tech has a spring conversion kit I would order for it. I can get the 19 KTM for less money than the KX but not by much though so I am just reading 19 KX owner's reviews and trying to make my decision by the end of July.
Do you ride at pax much?
Gotcha I'll let you know how I like it this weekend. I used to only ride there when I was younger but I haven't been recently just once around bike week this year. I've only broken bones at pax so kinda avoiding it lol.
Preston412
7/6/2018 10:11am
Preston412 wrote:
Race tech has a spring conversion kit I would order for it. I can get the 19 KTM for less money than the KX but not...
Do you ride at pax much?
DB97 wrote:
Gotcha I'll let you know how I like it this weekend. I used to only ride there when I was younger but I haven't been recently...
Gotcha I'll let you know how I like it this weekend. I used to only ride there when I was younger but I haven't been recently just once around bike week this year. I've only broken bones at pax so kinda avoiding it lol.
That place is known for taking you out for a while. What tracks to you ride at? I go to Orlando and Pax but need to get to central florida mx, I am not to sure about spyder mx do to other riders reviews.
I will send you a message with my number, let me know your thoughts on the KX. thanks
nch209
7/6/2018 12:00pm
Bike looks good. Haven't been on green since '01, but this may make me come back!

Hey ML----- do you think the 19 stem in older triple clamps is all it will take to make them work?
aedwards07
7/6/2018 12:47pm
Preston412 wrote:
That place is known for taking you out for a while. What tracks to you ride at? I go to Orlando and Pax but need to...
That place is known for taking you out for a while. What tracks to you ride at? I go to Orlando and Pax but need to get to central florida mx, I am not to sure about spyder mx do to other riders reviews.
I will send you a message with my number, let me know your thoughts on the KX. thanks
Spyder is leaps and bounds better than Central Florida MX by far.
honda65
7/9/2018 7:31pm Edited Date/Time 7/9/2018 7:33pm
Picked mine up Saturday, broke it in Sunday. As the OP said, if I can get past my arm pump.......but this thing is awesome. Have a 17, this is better. Turns better, feels lighter, suspension really good right out of the box. Maybe a little soft for my wide load but that will change with either springs or a diet. Springs are easier. But even if it wasn't much better than last years, the little button on the handlebar makes it worth the price of admission. But now to find who has number plate backgrounds already. Anyone?
DB97
7/9/2018 7:57pm
honda65 wrote:
Picked mine up Saturday, broke it in Sunday. As the OP said, if I can get past my arm pump.......but this thing is awesome. Have a...
Picked mine up Saturday, broke it in Sunday. As the OP said, if I can get past my arm pump.......but this thing is awesome. Have a 17, this is better. Turns better, feels lighter, suspension really good right out of the box. Maybe a little soft for my wide load but that will change with either springs or a diet. Springs are easier. But even if it wasn't much better than last years, the little button on the handlebar makes it worth the price of admission. But now to find who has number plate backgrounds already. Anyone?
I think D'cor already has the current tomac graphics available for the 19.
mxb2
7/9/2018 8:06pm
honda65 wrote:
Picked mine up Saturday, broke it in Sunday. As the OP said, if I can get past my arm pump.......but this thing is awesome. Have a...
How is power compared to the 17? Stronger? Same? Smoother,. Sik bike. Congrats
HusqFan3
7/9/2018 8:18pm
Racer111 wrote:
#TeamGreen

Why ride anything else??
Eli could have given you at least one reason this past weekend; )

j/k-comgrats to OP on the new bike. Personally I’m not a fan of the aesthetics but bike’s internals and overall package appear to be a clear upgrade over previous gens.
7/9/2018 8:31pm
Saw a guy yesterday at Pala on one. Me and my '15 KX450F were faster. Tongue

Sarcasm aside, the bike looks much better in person for some reason.
jeffro503
7/9/2018 9:22pm
God damn it! That's al I needed to do , was click on this thread.

Any more ride reports? How's those new forks? And power delivery......close to a 16' - 18' ? Or totally different? Also.....what's it like having a Kawi with a freakin' E-start?
honda65
7/9/2018 11:11pm
Ok, power is stronger than my 17 but I have about an hour on it and wasn't hammering it. But I could tell it revved quicker and harder. That was on the stock coupler. Turns on a dime. Stock tires are not the hot setup for where I was riding but dropping a few PSI made a difference. If you like Kawi motors, you'll feel right at home. But neither my 16 or 17 motor was a strong as my 13. But I think this will be at least close, hopefully better.

Jeffro.....the e-start sucks. You will hate it. Totally over rated. The forks work really well for as little time on I put on them. Far, far better then any KX fork since 2012. How's your RM coming along.
honda65
7/9/2018 11:14pm
honda65 wrote:
mxb2 wrote:
How is power compared to the 17? Stronger? Same? Smoother,. Sik bike. Congrats
Stronger and smoother. Going to run the white coupler this week, hoping for a little arm streching

Post a reply to: New bike thread! ‘19 KX 450

The Latest