No Budds Creek this year

DMJ232
Fantasy
1551st
6/24/2020 6:30am
Just heard Beasley say on Facebook that there will be no National this year at Budds. That sucks!
|
afk66
6/24/2020 6:36am
DMJ232 wrote:
Just heard Beasley say on Facebook that there will be no National this year at Budds. That sucks!
I was still holding out hope they would at least run the race without fans. Not ideal by any means but I think it would still at least draw attention to the track and may help get more people out to ride it on practice days / amateur / club races. I don't know how all the Pro National financials work for track owners but I feel like this would certainly be a blow to John financially.
DMJ232
Fantasy
1551st
6/24/2020 6:51am
DMJ232 wrote:
afk66 wrote:
I was still holding out hope they would at least run the race without fans. Not ideal by any means but I think it would still...
I was still holding out hope they would at least run the race without fans. Not ideal by any means but I think it would still at least draw attention to the track and may help get more people out to ride it on practice days / amateur / club races. I don't know how all the Pro National financials work for track owners but I feel like this would certainly be a blow to John financially.
Yeah I thought they were going to be able to have the race this year somehow as well. John always talks about how he needs the fans to show up because he is "losing the track" so I am not sure what his situation is. Although in the video he posted today the track looked awesome for practice!
Natester551v
6/24/2020 8:01am
I would imagine the cost of holding a national makes it virtually impossible to come out okay financially w/o fans...I'd choose Nats 10/10 times before SX, but this is a huge vulnerability that our grassroots side of the sport has.

Hopefully we hear some good news soon...can't wait to see Eli and Co. start shredding outdoors...
MX114
6/24/2020 1:21pm Edited Date/Time 6/24/2020 1:30pm
I don’t think Unadilla, southwick or high point will happen. The northeast has been really strict with covid precautions since the start and it’s not going to change this summer. Even with no fans allowed I don’t see NY, MA, or PA allowing a national event to be held where participants will travel from all over the country and world to participate in. It won’t happen this year and that’s a major bummer!!

The Shop

SoCalMX70
6/24/2020 1:28pm
I would guess that most tracks are barely above water and rely solely on spectators showing up for the big events. No spectators means massive financial loss. Not surprising.
mxb2
6/24/2020 1:30pm
MX114 wrote:
I don’t think Unadilla, southwick or high point will happen. The northeast has been really strict with covid precautions since the start and it’s not going...
I don’t think Unadilla, southwick or high point will happen. The northeast has been really strict with covid precautions since the start and it’s not going to change this summer. Even with no fans allowed I don’t see NY, MA, or PA allowing a national event to be held where participants will travel from all over the country and world to participate in. It won’t happen this year and that’s a major bummer!!
High point sept 5?
DMJ232
Fantasy
1551st
6/24/2020 1:37pm
MX114 wrote:
I don’t think Unadilla, southwick or high point will happen. The northeast has been really strict with covid precautions since the start and it’s not going...
Yeah you may be right (I hope not). Although i did see that High Point did post a September date on their Facebook about a week ago, so maybe they have something planned that has not been announced. They had a GNCC even their a couple weeks ago with fans, so that makes me hopeful.
UGOTBIT
Fantasy
1775th
6/24/2020 1:38pm
MX114 wrote:
Southwick said they are hoping for a date in Aug-Sept.

They have been open for practice days, I believe Unadilla is going to do the same?
Sauce96
6/24/2020 1:50pm
Side note what ever happened to the go fund me to bail Budds out from the taxes from Des Nations?

Also if any Pro national track were to have a race without any fans it would be High Point due to the Coombs owning the facility. With that being said Unadilla is almost 100% out even though the track is far away from the biggest hot spot for corona virus in NYC, which is bummer. Red Bud has on their website they are looking towards Aug-Sep for the pro national.

At the end of the day Davey seems to always figure it out.'

-BR
troymoto2
Fantasy
74th
6/24/2020 1:52pm Edited Date/Time 6/24/2020 1:53pm
MX114 wrote:
UGOTBIT wrote:

They have been open for practice days, I believe Unadilla is going to do the same?
Unadilla is doing a 3 day amateur event on the pro track July 17-19. If that goes well, i'd think they should be able to run the National. Part of the issue is getting the permits in time.
mxb2
6/24/2020 2:04pm
MX114 wrote:
UGOTBIT wrote:

troymoto2 wrote:
Unadilla is doing a 3 day amateur event on the pro track July 17-19. If that goes well, i'd think they should be able to run...
Unadilla is doing a 3 day amateur event on the pro track July 17-19. If that goes well, i'd think they should be able to run the National. Part of the issue is getting the permits in time.
Sept 19?
yz133rider
6/24/2020 3:25pm
Doesn’t make sense
A local series just raced at budds why the hell cant the national happen. Fuck this corona shit.
MX114
6/24/2020 3:38pm
MX114 wrote:
UGOTBIT wrote:

troymoto2 wrote:
Unadilla is doing a 3 day amateur event on the pro track July 17-19. If that goes well, i'd think they should be able to run...
Having riders enter an event from all over the country is the difference. An amateur event mostly draws local racers, a “National” would be a totally different deal and the state won’t allow that to happen. NY’s state fair is a major event every year at the end of August and makes millions of dollars for the state and local economy. From all indications that’s not happening this year so take that for what it’s worth.
MX114
6/24/2020 3:38pm
yz133rider wrote:
Doesn’t make sense
A local series just raced at budds why the hell cant the national happen. Fuck this corona shit.
Cause it’s a “local“... not a “national”
MX114
6/24/2020 3:41pm Edited Date/Time 6/24/2020 3:42pm
Syracuse has the 2nd biggest mall in America. It’s still totally shutdown and no word yet when it will re-open. Parking lots sit empty for 3 months now and many of the stores inside likely to go belly up. Cuomo isn’t allowing much of anything to happen in New York this summer no matter what the cost is
MX114
6/24/2020 3:47pm Edited Date/Time 6/24/2020 3:59pm
Sauce96 wrote:
Side note what ever happened to the go fund me to bail Budds out from the taxes from Des Nations? Also if any Pro national track...
Side note what ever happened to the go fund me to bail Budds out from the taxes from Des Nations?

Also if any Pro national track were to have a race without any fans it would be High Point due to the Coombs owning the facility. With that being said Unadilla is almost 100% out even though the track is far away from the biggest hot spot for corona virus in NYC, which is bummer. Red Bud has on their website they are looking towards Aug-Sep for the pro national.

At the end of the day Davey seems to always figure it out.'

-BR
Actually NYC is no longer the epicenter. Florida, Texas, Arizona and the Carolinas now are the country’s hot spots. The NY governor just today ordered that any of those states with high rates of infection are to quarantine for 14 days if they come here. Connecticut and New Jersey are doing the same. It’s a total 180 from where NY started back in March. As much as I hate wearing a mask and all the rules, it’s what turned us around to where we are and for that I’m thankful we didnt take this lightly. NY now has one of the lowest infection rates in the country and Cuomo won’t jeopardize that. That dude doesn’t play
Mr. Info
6/24/2020 4:20pm Edited Date/Time 6/24/2020 4:23pm
afk66 with the cost to the track of the $70,000 purse money and all the other cost involved that could make it close to a lot of thousands a track cannot run a race without spectators. And if they could have spectators do you run the risk of going if your older and getting sick. And if they are worried about that they stay home to watch it on TV and the track loses money. It's your business so you don't give your product away for free because you will be out of business. SX is a different story business wise than the Nationals. Its not in a good place for anybody, MX Sports or the tracks. I'm glad its not for me to decide because we would have already cancelled this years Nationals but again I am not losing any money.
afk66
6/24/2020 4:40pm
Thanks for the info. I was curious whether someone would have any insight. The business end of things is a complicated process for all. It’s unfortunate in a number of ways for everyone.
UGOTBIT
Fantasy
1775th
6/24/2020 4:47pm Edited Date/Time 6/24/2020 4:52pm
Cuomo is a choad.

He is killing the state with his games, Residents included.
kpiper
6/24/2020 10:00pm
Figure out something Davey to make it happen. Even if it is like the SLC deal. Make a different track by running it backward. There are two races at one track right there.
MX114
6/25/2020 3:26am Edited Date/Time 6/25/2020 3:39am
UGOTBIT wrote:
Cuomo is a choad.

Couldn’t disagree more. I’m not a political person by any means, but I’m very proud of how NY handled the pandemic. The governor drew a hard line right from the start and took no bullshit. Cuomo seems to genuinely care about the older generations health. That’s our parents and grandparents lives he has tried to save. For that I’m thankful and appreciative
MX114
6/25/2020 3:31am Edited Date/Time 6/25/2020 3:33am
I think the 2020 motocross series is just going to have to be a shadow of its regular self and that really sucks. But in 2021 I believe the nationals and motocross as whole will be stronger than ever. During the pandemic so many people I know went and got bikes or fixed up there current ones who haven’t rode in years, there’s allot of old and new faces ready to moto when things are back where they should be when this is all over.
DMJ232
Fantasy
1551st
6/25/2020 10:19am
MX114 wrote:
I think the 2020 motocross series is just going to have to be a shadow of its regular self and that really sucks. But in 2021...
I think the 2020 motocross series is just going to have to be a shadow of its regular self and that really sucks. But in 2021 I believe the nationals and motocross as whole will be stronger than ever. During the pandemic so many people I know went and got bikes or fixed up there current ones who haven’t rode in years, there’s allot of old and new faces ready to moto when things are back where they should be when this is all over.
Lets hope so! I know the used bike market is insane in my area. I look daily and prices are up big time, especially older 2 strokes.
mx 219
Fantasy
1150th
6/25/2020 11:10am
If they can't get in 10 rounds I wouldn't even race. Even if that means 1 week they race a track one way then do it another way like kpiper said. I say go for 12 rounds, sounds like they have at least 6 rounds planned, so just make each round a double header and make them race each track backwards.
MotofactioN
6/25/2020 11:22am
Will be really let down if Budds doesn’t happen. Was going to be my first National. Really trying to go to one this year. Looks like I might have to make a trip somewhere out of state Sideways
DMJ232
Fantasy
1551st
6/25/2020 12:09pm
Will be really let down if Budds doesn’t happen. Was going to be my first National. Really trying to go to one this year. Looks like...
Will be really let down if Budds doesn’t happen. Was going to be my first National. Really trying to go to one this year. Looks like I might have to make a trip somewhere out of state Sideways
If you follow them on Facebook he gives daily updates of the track for open practice. At the end of the video yesterday he slipped in "If you haven't heard we are not hosting a National this year". So I do not think it is going to happen if it came straight from Beasley. He said Hogan would not allow it.... Hopefully High Point allows fans this year...
DMJ232
Fantasy
1551st
6/25/2020 12:12pm
mx 219 wrote:
If they can't get in 10 rounds I wouldn't even race. Even if that means 1 week they race a track one way then do it...
If they can't get in 10 rounds I wouldn't even race. Even if that means 1 week they race a track one way then do it another way like kpiper said. I say go for 12 rounds, sounds like they have at least 6 rounds planned, so just make each round a double header and make them race each track backwards.
Yeah that would be awesome if they could work out something like that. I know they used switch the direction of Budds Creek back in the day, not sure if any other tracks have done it.
RichieW13
Fantasy
2889th
6/25/2020 12:48pm
I would imagine the cost of holding a national makes it virtually impossible to come out okay financially w/o fans...I'd choose Nats 10/10 times before SX...
I would imagine the cost of holding a national makes it virtually impossible to come out okay financially w/o fans...I'd choose Nats 10/10 times before SX, but this is a huge vulnerability that our grassroots side of the sport has.

Hopefully we hear some good news soon...can't wait to see Eli and Co. start shredding outdoors...
Aside from the purse, how much does it really cost to hold a national without fans? The costs of fencing, security, toilets, etc. would also disappear.

Would sponsors and manufacturers still want to race if the purses were just eliminated (or greatly reduced)?
MotofactioN
6/25/2020 12:52pm
Will be really let down if Budds doesn’t happen. Was going to be my first National. Really trying to go to one this year. Looks like...
DMJ232 wrote:
If you follow them on Facebook he gives daily updates of the track for open practice. At the end of the video yesterday he slipped in...
If you follow them on Facebook he gives daily updates of the track for open practice. At the end of the video yesterday he slipped in "If you haven't heard we are not hosting a National this year". So I do not think it is going to happen if it came straight from Beasley. He said Hogan would not allow it.... Hopefully High Point allows fans this year...
I watch them sometimes, but thanks for the heads up. Sad to hear but nothing I can do about it. 2021 will be the year I suppose Smile
wrc777
Fantasy
1130th
6/25/2020 12:53pm
UGOTBIT wrote:
Cuomo is a choad.

MX114 wrote:
Couldn’t disagree more. I’m not a political person by any means, but I’m very proud of how NY handled the pandemic. The governor drew a hard...
Couldn’t disagree more. I’m not a political person by any means, but I’m very proud of how NY handled the pandemic. The governor drew a hard line right from the start and took no bullshit. Cuomo seems to genuinely care about the older generations health. That’s our parents and grandparents lives he has tried to save. For that I’m thankful and appreciative
Are you kidding? He sent covid positive patients to nursing homes by direct order and killed a lot of parents and grandparents with that decision. He literally sent Covid positive patients to the place they could infect the most people and cause the most deaths.

Post a reply to: No Budds Creek this year

The Latest