NorCal New to Riding

jbrotman33
3/5/2018 4:16pm
Hey everyone, I'm new to riding and live in NorCal, not too far from Carnegie. Looking to meet some new people and hopefully go riding before red sticker season is over!
|
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
760th
3/5/2018 4:36pm
Look for JM485. I think he's around your area
TeamGreen
3/5/2018 4:52pm
jbrotman33 wrote:
Hey everyone, I'm new to riding and live in NorCal, not too far from Carnegie. Looking to meet some new people and hopefully go riding before...
Hey everyone, I'm new to riding and live in NorCal, not too far from Carnegie. Looking to meet some new people and hopefully go riding before red sticker season is over!
Psssssssssst...

Get a pre 2002 VIN (I think that's the right year) and you're riding all year!

I know a few guys that ride Hollister year-round on bikes that have a 2002 VIN...& that doesn't necessarily mean that the bikes are that old...but the frame and/or VIN is.
calcoast
3/5/2018 6:56pm
Hey I’m in The sacramento area. Unfortunately my YZ is in about 50 pieces. I have a dual sport though so I’m down to trail ride when I get the registration current Silly
JM485
3/5/2018 7:12pm
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Present!Laughing

Carnegie is a great place to hone your skills, there's something there for everyone from beginners to pros, so you're in a great region to get into the sport. You also have a few tracks within a relatively close drive for you that you can ride in the summer time, google club moto, Diablo MX, argyle mx, hollister hills, etc. This time of year I'm at Carnegie basically every weekend, send me a pm and or flag me down if you see me out there, I'll be on my #485 YZ and have a gold/silver sprinter van. We also have a hillclimb coming up on the 17th if you want to check out the action, or even give it a go yourself in the amateur classes, it's a ton of fun and you'll meet some great people.

The Shop

mattyhamz2
Fantasy
760th
3/5/2018 7:13pm
mattyhamz2 wrote:
JM485 wrote:
Present!:laugh: Carnegie is a great place to hone your skills, there's something there for everyone from beginners to pros, so you're in a great region to...
Present!Laughing

Carnegie is a great place to hone your skills, there's something there for everyone from beginners to pros, so you're in a great region to get into the sport. You also have a few tracks within a relatively close drive for you that you can ride in the summer time, google club moto, Diablo MX, argyle mx, hollister hills, etc. This time of year I'm at Carnegie basically every weekend, send me a pm and or flag me down if you see me out there, I'll be on my #485 YZ and have a gold/silver sprinter van. We also have a hillclimb coming up on the 17th if you want to check out the action, or even give it a go yourself in the amateur classes, it's a ton of fun and you'll meet some great people.
Knew you’d be along soon enough! Haha. I miss the track at Carnegie! It’s been 20 years almost! Think I was 8 the last time I was there.
Ted722
3/5/2018 8:07pm
JM485 wrote:
Present!:laugh: Carnegie is a great place to hone your skills, there's something there for everyone from beginners to pros, so you're in a great region to...
Present!Laughing

Josh, you're a Pro. Never miss an opportunity to promote Hillclimbing! Smile I'm 50 now, am I eligible for any new hillclimbing classes?
oldblood
3/5/2018 8:27pm
There is a race there on the moto track this weekend. AMPGFI mx
JM485
3/5/2018 8:47pm
JM485 wrote:
Present!Laughing

Ted722 wrote:
Josh, you're a Pro. Never miss an opportunity to promote Hillclimbing! Smile I'm 50 now, am I eligible for any new hillclimbing classes?
As a matter of fact you are! I believe the Old Timer classes are cut off at 50, so you're in now, no more excuses!Laughing

My 5 should hopefully be in running order just in time for the 700 class, fresh plated cylinder this time to hopefully keep things a little better lubricated. I know you want to bring yours out to stretch it's legs a bit. . .

Matt, you aren't missing anything with the track dude, I don't touch that thing.Tongue If I want to ride track I'm going to Diablo or something, the Carnegie track is just like concrete and dangerous.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
760th
3/5/2018 9:25pm
JM485 wrote:
Present!Laughing

Ted722 wrote:
JM485 wrote:
As a matter of fact you are! I believe the Old Timer classes are cut off at 50, so you're in now, no more excuses!:laugh: My...
As a matter of fact you are! I believe the Old Timer classes are cut off at 50, so you're in now, no more excuses!Laughing

My 5 should hopefully be in running order just in time for the 700 class, fresh plated cylinder this time to hopefully keep things a little better lubricated. I know you want to bring yours out to stretch it's legs a bit. . .

Matt, you aren't missing anything with the track dude, I don't touch that thing.Tongue If I want to ride track I'm going to Diablo or something, the Carnegie track is just like concrete and dangerous.
No way? It used to be so good back when I was on 60’s! Carnegie and hollister were my favorite tracks up there
jbrotman33
3/6/2018 12:52pm
Thanks guys! I think I am going to try to get out there on the 18th, if anyone wants to meet up!

Post a reply to: NorCal New to Riding

The Latest