"Now it's up to the lawyers."

SoCalMX70
1/25/2015 2:03am Edited Date/Time 1/28/2015 7:03am
http://www.pulpmx.com/content/pro-circuit-oakland-sx-pulpcasts-0

Reeds interview after Oakland was good... especially the last sentence.

Everything is good with Trey, but it is far from over with the AMA/Gallagher.
|
Crush
1/25/2015 2:12am
I kinda thought something might be up after listening to JT on the wrap up show last week. Matthes mentioned Union, and JT said no something else...
Whitey
1/25/2015 2:18am Edited Date/Time 1/25/2015 2:19am
No love lost between Chad and John Gallagher it seems.

I don't know what the Lawyers can do though, not like they can give him some points which is what he needs.
Crush
1/25/2015 2:20am
Yeah fuck knows what can be done, but it's not like he's short of cash to try and find out.
Derpin' DJ
Fantasy
2779th
1/25/2015 2:26am Edited Date/Time 1/25/2015 2:26am
Doubt he'd get points back, and I think he knows that. I'd say he's just trying to get the AMA to pull there heads in and get their shit together

The Shop

JayDub
1/25/2015 2:28am
I think it's fair enough, it looks fine for front runners in the 250 class to use each other as brakes and threaten retribution via podium speeches and social media
Piston Slap
Fantasy
2361st
1/25/2015 2:34am
Whitey wrote:
No love lost between Chad and John Gallagher it seems. I don't know what the Lawyers can do though, not like they can give him some...

I don't know what the Lawyers can do though, not like they can give him some points which is what he needs.
Are you shitting me!?!?! If this is true. . .

He's a rider, an independent contractor, in a show, racing for money/position, in felds show. He's guaranteed nothing, ever.

They have all the expense, provide all the purse/rules/track/track
workers.. . he provides a bike and a service for a prize, nothing more nothing less, and he's gonna litigate?
Over a situation HE GOT HIMSELF INTO by slugging/elbowing/riding detrimental to others safety, and he
thinks he's gonna follow legal channels because he got Black flagged? Agree or not, rules are rules, he screwed up, the referee's interpretation of the rules blackflagged him. You don't like playing ball by the rules, take your shit and go home.

He's an idiot if he does, he will lose, and possible bring a stricter spotlight on his actions. What can he win? What is his remedy? Give him the position he was in when he crashed? Give him points? Hell, give him points, it won't matter. He has ashitton of money, it's not about money.

He's given a privilege to race, it's not a right, much like driving.

Is this anything like track suing scum Rich Cain, or am I missing something?

Crush
1/25/2015 2:38am Edited Date/Time 1/25/2015 2:40am
On the other hand Piston, if you have whatever bank he has in the bank, let's call it, well, fuckloads, what do you have to lose?

To gain? 15 points? A new set of rules? Who knows... but it could be big when you believe in yourself as much as him...

I wonder tho, I wonder that tweet he put out, where he hashtagged the #Goat, wonder, and this is total wild conspiracy by internet hoodlums, I wonder if he asked Ricky how he went about fuelgate...
Whitey
1/25/2015 2:40am
Whitey wrote:
No love lost between Chad and John Gallagher it seems. I don't know what the Lawyers can do though, not like they can give him some...

Are you shitting me!?!?! If this is true. . . He's a rider, an independent contractor, in a show, racing for money/position, in felds show. He's...
Are you shitting me!?!?! If this is true. . .

He's a rider, an independent contractor, in a show, racing for money/position, in felds show. He's guaranteed nothing, ever.

They have all the expense, provide all the purse/rules/track/track
workers.. . he provides a bike and a service for a prize, nothing more nothing less, and he's gonna litigate?
Over a situation HE GOT HIMSELF INTO by slugging/elbowing/riding detrimental to others safety, and he
thinks he's gonna follow legal channels because he got Black flagged? Agree or not, rules are rules, he screwed up, the referee's interpretation of the rules blackflagged him. You don't like playing ball by the rules, take your shit and go home.

He's an idiot if he does, he will lose, and possible bring a stricter spotlight on his actions. What can he win? What is his remedy? Give him the position he was in when he crashed? Give him points? Hell, give him points, it won't matter. He has ashitton of money, it's not about money.

He's given a privilege to race, it's not a right, much like driving.

Is this anything like track suing scum Rich Cain, or am I missing something?

Do you always over react without first finding out what is going on? haha

Relax dude, at least until you find out what is happening
Whitey
1/25/2015 2:41am
Crush wrote:
On the other hand Piston, if you have whatever bank he has in the bank, let's call it, well, fuckloads, what do you have to lose...
On the other hand Piston, if you have whatever bank he has in the bank, let's call it, well, fuckloads, what do you have to lose?

To gain? 15 points? A new set of rules? Who knows... but it could be big when you believe in yourself as much as him...

I wonder tho, I wonder that tweet he put out, where he hashtagged the #Goat, wonder, and this is total wild conspiracy by internet hoodlums, I wonder if he asked Ricky how he went about fuelgate...
That's right Ricky threatened to take his toys and go home.

Like it or not Chad is the biggest name in the sport at the moment, he has power.
Crush
1/25/2015 2:42am
Really too, and it's not a dig at my Yankee bros, but its hardly gonna be the most outrageous fucking lawsuit you've heard of over there is it?

Piston Slap
Fantasy
2361st
1/25/2015 2:57am
Whitey wrote:
That's right Ricky threatened to take his toys and go home. Like it or not Chad is the biggest name in the sport at the moment...

Like it or not Chad is the biggest name in the sport at the moment, he has power.
Your right Whitey!

Lol, phew, deep breaths, deep breaths.......

Yes, you are right, that is when RC threatened to take the ball and go home. He got his shit back and won the title, without a blemish or an asterisk.

Now, does Chad Reed command the same respect? IMO, I don't think he does. I don't think he has as much power as you give him.

We've lost Villo to Europe, james, will Hahn, Brayton, Dean Wilson to injuries an suspensions and the sport is doing just fine. No loss in crowds, no loss in interest.

If Chad leaves, it will be another day,except Chad won't be spending millions on a losing team.

Feld will prosper, we will have good racing, and life will go on.

Chad is not the one man show that McGrath and RC were.

We will see how it goes, I'd hate to see a lawsuit tho man, you see where I'm coming from?

Thanks for the input tho,

PS

Piston Slap
Fantasy
2361st
1/25/2015 2:59am Edited Date/Time 1/25/2015 3:00am
Crush wrote:
On the other hand Piston, if you have whatever bank he has in the bank, let's call it, well, fuckloads, what do you have to lose...

Chrusha,

He could throw away shit tons of money over nothing. . .thats what there is to lose.

LOL, it's not my money, but I hate seeing lawyers getting shit.

And the AMA don't change rules, they make em up as they go mate!

PS :-)
Crush
1/25/2015 3:05am
There is a number of dollars that you need to live a life of luxury.

I'd imagine Chad passed that a long time ago. Not sure he's worried about the cash aspect if he's doing it.
andyman
1/25/2015 5:02am
Chad has BIG ego. He want's to prove that he is right and Gallagher was wrong. That's enough to motivate him.

Gallagher and guys needs to prove that the black flag was needed for Treys safety, and they had enough time to think about that.
Chad needs to prove that black flag was out of line if you compare it to previous similar cases, and that there was no need to black flag him because he was not after Trey anymore.

If you look what everyone thinks, there is more people on Chad's side, so i think Chad has strong case here.
newmann
1/25/2015 5:19am
Maybe the AMA could pitch in another $750,000.00 of members money to fight another lawsuit?
newmann
1/25/2015 5:23am
Oh, and Crush, just google AMA AHRMA Team Obsolete for some reading material. Heck, just use the search function here for some of my ramblings. Smile
VET74
1/25/2015 5:24am
It's not a question of how many people are on your side, it's do you have the right one's on your side.
1/25/2015 5:25am
At the amateur dirt track national in Daytona one year, they would red flag any race where a rider jumped the start, put the offending rider on the back row, and re-start the race.

Come finals time, it is getting late, everyone is tired, a rider jumps the line. They let the race run, and out comes the black flag for the rider who jumped the start. No re-start, just a fat DQ, take it to the truck, and suck it up.

This was a race run under AMA sanction. The ref made the call. Rules made on the fly, as you go along with the nights event.

If a black flag can be thrown for merely inching across a white line on the start, Chad is fucked. He will likely get nowhere for intentional endangerment of another rider. Especially if that ref from the flat track races is on the jury.
Crush
1/25/2015 5:47am Edited Date/Time 1/25/2015 5:49am
newmann wrote:
Oh, and Crush, just google AMA AHRMA Team Obsolete for some reading material. Heck, just use the search function here for some of my ramblings. Smile
Cheers. Always interested to know what has happened in moto stuff outside of the obvious...

Edit: FFS Newmanm, I just googled it and there is literally a shit ton of material haha... is there an a-bridged version, or at least a good article. It's already 12:50am here...
machine
1/25/2015 5:58am
Crush wrote:
Really too, and it's not a dig at my Yankee bros, but its hardly gonna be the most outrageous fucking lawsuit you've heard of over there...
Really too, and it's not a dig at my Yankee bros, but its hardly gonna be the most outrageous fucking lawsuit you've heard of over there is it?

That's the NEW American way Crush, didn't ya know, I you can't make money for yourself, take someone elses...Wink
Mini Elsinore
1/25/2015 6:59am
Fer sure.....get the lawyers involved. Nothing like burning cash to further a pissing match.
As a lawyer, I feel qualified to make the above comment.
1/25/2015 7:04am Edited Date/Time 1/25/2015 7:06am
Crush wrote:

Crush I think you are delirious on this one.

He had a ton of coin available to go after Brooks and Company for that "money left in the bank over there" deal, but had no case because of his actions.

He had a ton of coin available to go after the county and/or surrounding landowners over the track dispute at his house, once again having no case because of his actions.

And now this, LOL he has a ton of coin in the bank but has no case because of his actions. He was DQ'ed because of his actions PERIOD. He says he would do it all over again the same way, LOL.

Reed has dreamed this dream before and he has just as big as a hard on for Gallagher as he thinks Gallagher does for him. Just because Reed doesn't like something and is a "tell it like it iser" doesn't it make it right in the eyes of the court or fair thinking person.

Just my opinion, you are welcome to yours as well.

edit: grammar
500guy
1/25/2015 7:07am
So will this outrage people like RC16 ?

isn't this going to make Reed a Track suing scum just like Rich Cain ?
Ramrod
Fantasy
1880th
1/25/2015 8:25am
Fer sure.....get the lawyers involved. Nothing like burning cash to further a pissing match.
As a lawyer, I feel qualified to make the above comment.
Agreed.

This is a bad idea, what are they going to do? Take back the black flag and arbitrarily give him 7th place points. There is no way to change what happened and the official will not admit mistake. Lose/lose situation.
h&m_cycle
1/25/2015 8:27am
get Lawyers involved, here pussy pussy....
Triton
1/25/2015 8:32am
It's a Professional sport. He is allowed to take the promoters or officials to Arbitration to resolve an appeal or incorrect ruling.

And no Jay this isn't remotely anything close to that. Your fishing is misguided. Reed is following the correct process for an athlete with a dispute in a sport that doesn't have a union. Win or lose he should be supported for trying to hold the ruling body accountable.
seth505
Fantasy
1048th
1/25/2015 8:37am
We need change!!! (me me me)
downard254
1/25/2015 8:38am
When lawyers get involved, everyone loses except the lawyers.
VET74
1/25/2015 8:58am
Triton wrote:
It's a Professional sport. He is allowed to take the promoters or officials to Arbitration to resolve an appeal or incorrect ruling. And no Jay this...
It's a Professional sport. He is allowed to take the promoters or officials to Arbitration to resolve an appeal or incorrect ruling.

And no Jay this isn't remotely anything close to that. Your fishing is misguided. Reed is following the correct process for an athlete with a dispute in a sport that doesn't have a union. Win or lose he should be supported for trying to hold the ruling body accountable.
Hold the ruling body accountable?? How noble. If he started with himself he'd be money ahead. I haven't once heard him say he shouldn't have done what he did.
Hgibbs566
1/25/2015 9:04am
Whitey wrote:
That's right Ricky threatened to take his toys and go home. Like it or not Chad is the biggest name in the sport at the moment...

Your right Whitey! Lol, phew, deep breaths, deep breaths....... Yes, you are right, that is when RC threatened to take the ball and go home. He...
Your right Whitey!

Lol, phew, deep breaths, deep breaths.......

Yes, you are right, that is when RC threatened to take the ball and go home. He got his shit back and won the title, without a blemish or an asterisk.

Now, does Chad Reed command the same respect? IMO, I don't think he does. I don't think he has as much power as you give him.

We've lost Villo to Europe, james, will Hahn, Brayton, Dean Wilson to injuries an suspensions and the sport is doing just fine. No loss in crowds, no loss in interest.

If Chad leaves, it will be another day,except Chad won't be spending millions on a losing team.

Feld will prosper, we will have good racing, and life will go on.

Chad is not the one man show that McGrath and RC were.

We will see how it goes, I'd hate to see a lawsuit tho man, you see where I'm coming from?

Thanks for the input tho,

PS

Crowds have been WAY down this year.
The fuck are you talking about?

Post a reply to: "Now it's up to the lawyers."

The Latest