OH snap, so the females rule got yanked?

Sparkalounger
4/10/2010 6:01am
Ok guys, DC is NOT the bad guy here. He is simply trying to create the best series he can with the way current politics are...
Ok guys, DC is NOT the bad guy here. He is simply trying to create the best series he can with the way current politics are.

If he wanted, he could say to the OEMs that the classes would have equal displacement, etc. The problem with that is, if the manufacturers don't like it or it will cost them too much money, then they will just pick up and go home. Who is the winner then? Who says they have to race the Nationals? They get more than enough exposure in the World GPs and Supercross. Think they'll never pull out? Take a look at what's happening in the AMA Superbike series.

If you really want a change, vote with your wallets and go buy a 2 stroke. That's the only way it's going to change.
we will vote with our wallets... as soon as we can buy a bike that is competitive in it's respective class, it's that simple.
Although it could be argued that consumer demand drove four stroke because that is what everyone bought... it is only because they didn't want to be beat by an unfair advantage... take away the advantage, can't believe they had sooooo much leeway to begin with.
Shenzi
Fantasy
1233rd
4/10/2010 6:21am
we will vote with our wallets... as soon as we can buy a bike that is competitive in it's respective class, it's that simple. Although it...
we will vote with our wallets... as soon as we can buy a bike that is competitive in it's respective class, it's that simple.
Although it could be argued that consumer demand drove four stroke because that is what everyone bought... it is only because they didn't want to be beat by an unfair advantage... take away the advantage, can't believe they had sooooo much leeway to begin with.
do we assume that at least 60% of the MX bikes purchased are used for racing and not just leisure/fun riding?

Sparkalounger, I believe the consumers already "spoke with their wallet" and that wallet jumped head first into the 4-stroke revolution. We all loved it, we wanted more, better, lighter 4-strokes, and we got them.

Where was the "consumer rebellion"? Nowhere to be seen apart from a tiny minority. 2 strokes bikes have always been available, they didn't make the majority of the" 249cc and above" sales.Even in the last 2 years when the economy became the main factor in Off-Highway bike sales.
Crush
4/10/2010 6:34am
You can't say they had that much leeway in the first place, because you have to remember that the bikes at the time were trail bikes adorned with mx parts... See Michael Byrne's late 90s thumper nats bike... an XR650 being MX'ed was not a pretty sight!!!

BUT... Again, the rules were there before and we let it happen, why can't it go the other way to try find a happy medium...

The easy solution is 150 and 300+ smokers in the obvious classes... The reality is too that it's likely the 350s will take over and cause another wait, hence we're probably looking at a 20 year cycle before the 2 smoke comes around again... Probably with EFI and other benefits that some "genius" in japan came up with when that's what the consumer has been asking for for years!!!!

By that time I won't care and the Justin Barcia's of the world will be riding Electric bikes... MX is lost if we can't get everyone we can involved again...
Tiki
Fantasy
1670th
4/10/2010 6:47am
we will vote with our wallets... as soon as we can buy a bike that is competitive in it's respective class, it's that simple. Although it...
Shenzi wrote:
do we assume that at least 60% of the MX bikes purchased are used for racing and not just leisure/fun riding? Sparkalounger, I believe the consumers...
do we assume that at least 60% of the MX bikes purchased are used for racing and not just leisure/fun riding?

Sparkalounger, I believe the consumers already "spoke with their wallet" and that wallet jumped head first into the 4-stroke revolution. We all loved it, we wanted more, better, lighter 4-strokes, and we got them.

Where was the "consumer rebellion"? Nowhere to be seen apart from a tiny minority. 2 strokes bikes have always been available, they didn't make the majority of the" 249cc and above" sales.Even in the last 2 years when the economy became the main factor in Off-Highway bike sales.
Bikes that actually make to a race track. Very small. An even smaller number of those bikes make it to class or displacement specific classes. These numbers are not accurate just an illustration.

5000 CRF450's are sold each year. That's one brand, one bike. How many of those do you think make it to the track as opposed to the desert, dunes or just putting around? Further how many of those practice riders make it to racing? We all complain about the million classes at the races, but how many participants of those classes are racing multiple times?

Why does KTM make so many styles of bikes? Well KTM's only product is vehicles.
Off Road, Road, Quad and now their track car. They can and have to be diverse in that market because their diversity of products are limited by only making vehicles.

Honda - yard tools, cars, jets, bikes, generators, engines, marine etc...

I asked this before. It seems everyone is centered around MX bikes only. These Corporations make so much more so watching the bottom line is important.

So back to the subject. The rule was in place - made by the sanctioning body. Not by the manufactures. It was a good rule, it was removed. Bummer but life moves on. Pull your panties up. Get a tampon if you need it and move the fuck on. For a sport that is made of really hard - get back on the horse type people. The complaining about stupid shit is amazing.

The Shop

4/10/2010 6:54am
well said flanard. dc you know better than that ,its obvious you are towing the industry and fat guys line. is that all the better you can come up with. i thought you spent your whole life in the sport and you come up with argument equal to some tard who is just learning. it kinda pisses me off how you refuse to accept logic, or maybe you do and just wont admit it. it's also maddening how people on here put so much stock on the bike. mx is 90% rider its that fuckin simple.
czernik
4/10/2010 8:05am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 10:01pm
mooch
Fantasy
501st
4/10/2010 8:15am Edited Date/Time 4/10/2010 8:16am
DC wrote:
Two-stroke 250s still faster than 250Fs.

DC
MX Sports
DC, like most folks, I very much admire you for coming on Vital to give updates and provide feedback.That being said...I agree with others that this was a very poor response that has absolutely no merit based on the fact that 4t were allowed to come on to the scene with twice the displacement of the 2t.

I also agree that the combination of a poor economy and ultra pricey 4t upkeep is putting a big'o crimp on the sport at all levels.
Flatliner
4/10/2010 8:32am
In regards to the comment about the general population riding what the pro's ride... I think if your a kid/ teenager that might apply, but once your buying your own stuff, its about getting the best deal, and support you can.

I will say though that there is a pretty obvious bias protecting the 4 strokes, they shuffled in the 250f into the 125 class no problem when it was obviously faster, and even worse in the 450 class.

The yzf 400 was faster than the two stroke at the time, and they managed to give it 50 more cc's yet and totally blow the two stroke out of the water.
CR250Rider
4/10/2010 8:55am
DC wrote:
Two-stroke 250s still faster than 250Fs.

DC
MX Sports
DC, I'm messing with you, so don't get mad. So what you are saying, is that a 05 retro 2010 YZ250 is faster and better than...
DC, I'm messing with you, so don't get mad. Wink

So what you are saying, is that a 05 retro 2010 YZ250 is faster and better than a new and tech advanced brand spanking new 250F all built up by a factory racing team?

I'll bet my 02 will run with a new CRF250

Of course I'll have to re-ring it and have the suspension oil changed first ! Wink

Post a reply to: OH snap, so the females rule got yanked?

The Latest