Observations from racer x (Webb vs BamBam)

mirramaxx
1/24/2018 6:18pm Edited Date/Time 8/14/2018 2:36pm
10TH | #2, COOPER WEBB | NEWPORT, NC | YAMAHA YZ450F | 10-7-11
Not a good night for Webb and, uhhhhh, this season isn’t turning out the way many of us thought it would. Hey, one great finish and we’ll stop talking about him struggling, but until then…. By the way, who had 2.5 and over on “number of races before Webb and teammate Justin Barcia get into it?” I got a text from someone after the race that saw this: “After the race Barcia said sorry, then Coop gave him the finger so Bam Bam smashed into him in the mechanic’s area, which turned into a massive fight. Lol”

|
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
760th
1/24/2018 6:20pm
Saw that earlier!! I wonder if things calmed down or if more will come from this
TymeMoto
1/24/2018 6:24pm
Something is up. Coop switched to the 450’s and has gone from fiery competitor to underachieving hot head.

Gotta be more to the story here.
mirramaxx
1/24/2018 6:25pm
Should be interesting none the less!!
1/24/2018 6:28pm Edited Date/Time 1/24/2018 6:45pm
TymeMoto wrote:
Something is up. Coop switched to the 450’s and has gone from fiery competitor to underachieving hot head.

The only difference between a "fiery competitor" and an "underachieving hot head" is the position in which he finished.

The Shop

ky_savage
Fantasy
581st
1/24/2018 6:31pm
I don't really like either of these guys, but right now I like Barcia slightly better. With Barcia doing better on a bike that Webb has complained about and has been on longer, he's running out of excuses.
dirtnapper
1/24/2018 6:45pm
Coop is an arrogant hothead who is finding the humbling he's getting in the big boy class hard to accept.....
tcallahan707
1/24/2018 6:50pm
TymeMoto wrote:

The only difference between a "fiery competitor" and an "underachieving hot head" is the position in which he finished.
Very true. But to be fair, that is a big difference.
racin mason
1/24/2018 7:29pm
TymeMoto wrote:

Headache and a garden tool...
1/24/2018 7:42pm
dirtnapper wrote:
Coop is an arrogant hothead who is finding the humbling he's getting in the big boy class hard to accept.....
This dude had it coming. Karma can be a bitch.
observeroffacts
Fantasy
3671st
1/24/2018 7:43pm
dirtnapper wrote:
This is correct
731chopper
Fantasy
390th
1/24/2018 7:46pm
Headache and a garden tool...
I think Hobo Nick may be on to something.
TDeath21
1/24/2018 10:41pm
“Podium for sure at A2”.

WoohooBlinkWhistlingDry
FlaNard
1/24/2018 11:28pm
Easy to pick out the Kenny fans whenever Coop is mentioned. The fact that people feel the need to trash Coop to defend Kennys honor is adorable. "Didn't Kenny call his girlfriend a filthy pirate hooker?" Is quickly responded to with "Kenny is a glorious angel sent to us by the Lord God in his image. He almost lost his arm! Nothing that bad has ever happened to a racer before. I cry just thinking about how hard he worked to come back. He's the best and should say he's the best. If he rolls around in 15th all year he already won just by being injured and milking every ounce of it for attention. Where was I? Oh yeah screw Cooper. He doesn't like Kenny bagging on his girlfriend so he's a bitch. How could anyone ever cheer against Kenny? Golly geeze I wanna lick him."
Motofinne
1/24/2018 11:41pm Edited Date/Time 1/25/2018 4:53am
"Hey, one great finish and we’ll stop talking about him struggling, but until then"

Hmm... I can't agree with this since we saw that last year too. He got on the podium once, that was a great finish right? Did it change anything? No. He got 3rd at round 5 and 14th at round 6.

The track record is pretty clear. Webb is a 10th place guy with the sporadic top 5 finish in the 450 class. Now, it doesn't have to be like that the rest of his career. He is obviously talented but talent gets you only so far, that is something we have seen for decades.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
760th
1/25/2018 12:00am
FlaNard wrote:
Easy to pick out the Kenny fans whenever Coop is mentioned. The fact that people feel the need to trash Coop to defend Kennys honor is...
Easy to pick out the Kenny fans whenever Coop is mentioned. The fact that people feel the need to trash Coop to defend Kennys honor is adorable. "Didn't Kenny call his girlfriend a filthy pirate hooker?" Is quickly responded to with "Kenny is a glorious angel sent to us by the Lord God in his image. He almost lost his arm! Nothing that bad has ever happened to a racer before. I cry just thinking about how hard he worked to come back. He's the best and should say he's the best. If he rolls around in 15th all year he already won just by being injured and milking every ounce of it for attention. Where was I? Oh yeah screw Cooper. He doesn't like Kenny bagging on his girlfriend so he's a bitch. How could anyone ever cheer against Kenny? Golly geeze I wanna lick him."
LaughingLaughing this is true to a certain extent
Rockinar
1/25/2018 12:21am
I think Cooper came into 450s thinking he's the next big thing. I'm sure Yamaha is putting serious pressure on him for results and Barcia jumped on the bike out of nowhere and delivers it. I expect Cooper to implode at Yamaha the way Stewart did. Cooper needs to start over. Change teams and change his number to 87 or something.
observeroffacts
Fantasy
3671st
1/25/2018 4:48am
FlaNard wrote:
Easy to pick out the Kenny fans whenever Coop is mentioned. The fact that people feel the need to trash Coop to defend Kennys honor is...
I’m not a Kenny fan either. Cooper is a crybaby who acts like a brat when he doesn’t get what he wants. His attitude is why most people dislike the boy.
mac3-d
1/25/2018 5:21am
And Anderson had to sit out a round for a helmet slap Blush
bball35
1/25/2018 5:28am
I remember a young Ricky Carmichael struggle for a couple years in the big bike class before going on a tear in his third season. There is still hope.
dirtnapper
1/25/2018 6:04am
FlaNard wrote:
You went there!! Laughing

These are my thoughts exactly but it's not worth it to me to get completely crucified by the Roczen fan boyz to express what I really think on here.

Well said. Wink
1/25/2018 6:53am
bball35 wrote:
I remember a young Ricky Carmichael struggle for a couple years in the big bike class before going on a tear in his third season. There...
I remember a young Ricky Carmichael struggle for a couple years in the big bike class before going on a tear in his third season. There is still hope.
Ricky's "struggling" years delivered 2 outdoor Championships.
agn5009
1/25/2018 7:07am Edited Date/Time 1/25/2018 7:11am
bball35 wrote:
I remember a young Ricky Carmichael struggle for a couple years in the big bike class before going on a tear in his third season. There...
I don't remember that.

Probably because it's not true.
TriRacer27
Fantasy
42nd
1/25/2018 7:17am
bball35 wrote:
agn5009 wrote:
I don't remember that.

Probably because it's not true.
It was true in supercross, but he still won the outdoors title in his rookie 250 year.
Spydee
1/25/2018 7:28am
Comparing Webb to Carmichael is scrapping the bottom of the barrel a tad don't you think?

He's gone from a dominant 250 rider to a struggling 450 one, no wonder he's frustrated when he's not used to running around 10th place.

If all this shit about his aggressive riding style is centred around his girlfriend then it sounds to me like someone has insecurity issues right there.
colonel
1/25/2018 7:30am
I’m not a Kenny fan either. Cooper is a crybaby who acts like a brat when he doesn’t get what he wants. His attitude is why...
I’m not a Kenny fan either. Cooper is a crybaby who acts like a brat when he doesn’t get what he wants. His attitude is why most people dislike the boy.
This - agree with you 100%
davistld01
1/25/2018 7:34am Edited Date/Time 1/25/2018 7:52am
I think it's a matter of Coop feeling the pressure of not being able to deliver to the expectations of Yamaha and probably himself, and watching another guy (JB51) come onboard and bring it right away. I'm not a fan of either of these two arrogant hotheads...but at least Barcia is showing his gratitude to be on a factory team by riding more maturely and showing that he is truly a great rider. Cooper may turn out to be one too...but he's not in the right environment...in my opinion. I think Coop needs to find some way out of his Yamaha contract, jump ship to a different color and attitude...maybe a hot factory supported non-blue OEM team, and recreate himself.
JeepnMike
1/25/2018 7:43am
My prediction, Cooper will be taking Tickle's spot on KTM next year. He's just currently misguided Smile
Adam43
1/25/2018 7:50am
The history books are full of incredibly successful small-bike riders who weren't really able to break through on big ones.

Post a reply to: Observations from racer x (Webb vs BamBam)

The Latest