Offseason team moves

NJKawi913
9/7/2017 8:40am
With RCH packing it in, Dungey and Canard retiring, Reed doing... well whatever it is Reed does, The Stewart's roaming out in left feild (wayyyy out in left feild), what does everyone think the teams will look like come A1. I personally think that Bogle will replace Barcia at JGR, KTM takes Tickle to be Marv's back up, and Reed is going to be on a Red bike while Kenny comes to the realization that he aint racing this year.
|
TXDirt
9/7/2017 8:50am
NJKawi913 wrote:
With RCH packing it in, Dungey and Canard retiring, Reed doing... well whatever it is Reed does, The Stewart's roaming out in left feild (wayyyy out...
With RCH packing it in, Dungey and Canard retiring, Reed doing... well whatever it is Reed does, The Stewart's roaming out in left feild (wayyyy out in left feild), what does everyone think the teams will look like come A1. I personally think that Bogle will replace Barcia at JGR, KTM takes Tickle to be Marv's back up, and Reed is going to be on a Red bike while Kenny comes to the realization that he aint racing this year.
Kenny will race outdoors but I really would be surprised to see him in SX in 2018.
9/7/2017 8:54am
I would much rather see Bogle go to KTM over Tickle. I don't know maybe we see him next to Cooper. Anything but JGR. Hope Reed retires or brings his YZ250.

The Shop

9/7/2017 9:38am
NJKawi913 wrote:
With RCH packing it in, Dungey and Canard retiring, Reed doing... well whatever it is Reed does, The Stewart's roaming out in left feild (wayyyy out...
Rumor has it, there is a nice fishing hole out in left field
langhammx
Fantasy
323rd
9/7/2017 10:18am
NJKawi913 wrote:
Bogle to JGR and Tickle to KTM

Maybe Barcia will get a shot on Roczen's Honda, if he's not ready for SX ? Reed will do what ever Reed does, but I doubt he'll be riding Roczens bike. JMHO
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4000th
9/7/2017 10:22am
kevin204 wrote:
*yawn* That's all the official PR confirmed stuff. Would like to see someone in the know take a stab at projecting final team rosters in a...
*yawn* That's all the official PR confirmed stuff. Would like to see someone in the know take a stab at projecting final team rosters in a similar manner.
KTM
Musquin
Tickle

Honda
Roczen
Seely

Yamaha
Webb
Millsaps

Kawasaki
Eli
Grant

JGR Suzuki 450
Bogle
Pieke
Hill
Cunningham
Nicoletti
?

P.C.
Forkner
Savatgy
Ciencirrillo
Davalos

Geico
Martin
Craig
Sexton
Hampshire
MaCado

Star
Plesinger
Ferrandis
Nichols
Cooper

TLD
Martin
McElrath
Cantrell
Smith

Butler Bros
Baggett
Blose
Alix

Smart Top
Brayton
Wiemer
Freezing
NJKawi913
9/7/2017 10:52am
NJKawi913 wrote:
langhammx wrote:
Bogle to JGR and Tickle to KTM Maybe Barcia will get a shot on Roczen's Honda, if he's not ready for SX ? Reed will do...
Bogle to JGR and Tickle to KTM

Maybe Barcia will get a shot on Roczen's Honda, if he's not ready for SX ? Reed will do what ever Reed does, but I doubt he'll be riding Roczens bike. JMHO
I doubt Reed is truly on the Honda too. Its my sleeper pick but i would like to see it. I would really love to see what Craig can do on a 450 indoors, but im pretty sure he's locked into the 250 supercross.
eilers434
9/7/2017 11:00am
UpTiTe wrote:
KTM Musquin Tickle Honda Roczen Seely Yamaha Webb Millsaps Kawasaki Eli Grant JGR Suzuki 450 Bogle Pieke 250 Hill Cunningham Nicoletti ? P.C. Forkner Savatgy Ciencirrillo...
KTM
Musquin
Tickle

Honda
Roczen
Seely

Yamaha
Webb
Millsaps

Kawasaki
Eli
Grant

JGR Suzuki 450
Bogle
Pieke
Hill
Cunningham
Nicoletti
?

P.C.
Forkner
Savatgy
Ciencirrillo
Davalos

Geico
Martin
Craig
Sexton
Hampshire
MaCado

Star
Plesinger
Ferrandis
Nichols
Cooper

TLD
Martin
McElrath
Cantrell
Smith

Butler Bros
Baggett
Blose
Alix

Smart Top
Brayton
Wiemer
Freezing
Jordan Smith will be on Rockstar husky with zacho in sx, Also rumor is star racing will make room for Mitchell Harrison. So that leaves on open spot on the tld team. Rockstar husky will have the rookie to sx mosiman, (do not remember if its josh or Michael)
ocscottie
9/7/2017 11:04am
eilers434 wrote:
Jordan Smith will be on Rockstar husky with zacho in sx, Also rumor is star racing will make room for Mitchell Harrison. So that leaves on...
Jordan Smith will be on Rockstar husky with zacho in sx, Also rumor is star racing will make room for Mitchell Harrison. So that leaves on open spot on the tld team. Rockstar husky will have the rookie to sx mosiman, (do not remember if its josh or Michael)
"Also rumor is star racing will make room for Mitchell Harrison."

Good for him! i was worried he got left out in the cold.
Aussiefan
9/7/2017 11:16am
I'm sure Kenny "thinks" he will be ready for Supercross in 18 but he needs additional time to heal, one decent fall on that arm and he will be back in the hospital. Makes sense that Reed would ride his bike in Supercross and Kenny takes it over for Motorcross.

Really solid PR for Honda also to have Reed in their camp even if only for Supercross (crowd favorite)
9/7/2017 11:21am Edited Date/Time 9/7/2017 11:22am
Now you still have the 2016 West Coast Champion without a ride. I have not heard anything about this at all, I'm just speculating but I could see him taking Davalos's 250cc spot to try and defend his #1 plate. While I personally am not a Justin Hill fan ( nothing against him, hes just not one of my "guys") but if I still had a team I would be doing anything and everything in my power to put the #1 plate under my tent in 2017 (granted it would be an SX only deal)

With Chad Reed, I honestly would be surprised to see him A) start up another team or B ) go back to a factory program that he has had issues with in the past. I personally only see Honda, Suzuki and KTM as options for him. With JGR as the only Suzuki team ( that we know of at this point) I don't see them being able to afford Reed, and the same with Honda. KTM definitely has the resources to acquire Reed but Chad's Monster contract I think you put an end to that. I get the feeling we will see Chad Reed join forces with a second tier team that gets factory support. Like the Rocky Mountain ATV/MC team. I am expecting to see Chad bring in a new sponsor or two and end up on a team where he can have a lot of control and input without having to start Two-Two Motorsports back up.

Who will Rockstar Husky sign now that Martin Davalos is gone? I am guessing Hill but that's not what I'm expecting to actually happen. If I were Bobby Hewitt I would want a more versatile rider who can get me up front, TV time and press coverage BOTH indoors and out. Mitchell Harrison would be on my radar as well as the rookie Joey Crown.
9/7/2017 11:25am
eilers434 wrote:
Jordan Smith will be on Rockstar husky with zacho in sx, Also rumor is star racing will make room for Mitchell Harrison. So that leaves on...
That would be great for Harrison and hopefully under the Rockstar Husky tent, Jordan Smith can get this all figured out. With the opening at TLD do you think we see Hill back on that team? hes been there before, will they do it again?
MXerDW
9/7/2017 11:32am
That would be great for Harrison and hopefully under the Rockstar Husky tent, Jordan Smith can get this all figured out. With the opening at TLD...
That would be great for Harrison and hopefully under the Rockstar Husky tent, Jordan Smith can get this all figured out. With the opening at TLD do you think we see Hill back on that team? hes been there before, will they do it again?
Hill is going to JGR Suzuki
GPR245
9/7/2017 11:38am
Has anyone else noticed Reed is not wearing a Monster hat anymore? All the photos from the USGP both public and personal (Instgram) have him not wearing anything Monster. I wonder what this could mean? His replica gear at the Fox team signing didn't have any other logos on it whatsoever.
cali11
9/7/2017 11:39am
But vital members saw Ken riding a track, so that means he will race A1. Not only race but win!
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4000th
9/7/2017 11:43am
UpTiTe wrote:
KTM Musquin Tickle Honda Roczen Seely Yamaha Webb Millsaps Kawasaki Eli Grant JGR Suzuki 450 Bogle Pieke 250 Hill Cunningham Nicoletti ? P.C. Forkner Savatgy Ciencirrillo...
KTM
Musquin
Tickle

Honda
Roczen
Seely

Yamaha
Webb
Millsaps

Kawasaki
Eli
Grant

JGR Suzuki 450
Bogle
Pieke
Hill
Cunningham
Nicoletti
?

P.C.
Forkner
Savatgy
Ciencirrillo
Davalos

Geico
Martin
Craig
Sexton
Hampshire
MaCado

Star
Plesinger
Ferrandis
Nichols
Cooper

TLD
Martin
McElrath
Cantrell
Smith

Butler Bros
Baggett
Blose
Alix

Smart Top
Brayton
Wiemer
Freezing
eilers434 wrote:
I forgot the whole Husky squad didn't I? You nailed 250s. 450s are Anderson and Deano.
9/7/2017 11:48am
That would be great for Harrison and hopefully under the Rockstar Husky tent, Jordan Smith can get this all figured out. With the opening at TLD...
MXerDW wrote:
Hill is going to JGR Suzuki
your right! My bad, I totally forgot he was going there. I guess I'm not ready to accept it wont be just the Filthy Phil show over there anymore.
eilers434
9/7/2017 11:49am
eilers434 wrote:
ocscottie wrote:
"Also rumor is star racing will make room for Mitchell Harrison."

Good for him! i was worried he got left out in the cold.
Has to be hard to leave a guy like that out when guys who have never had a 250 podium have rides. ie Dakota Alix, Kyle Cunningham (may have a podium in sx once or twice a few years ago), filthy Phil (his ride makes sense, i'm just throwing this out there).
9/7/2017 11:53am
UpTiTe wrote:
KTM
Musquin
Tickle

Honda
Roczen
Seely

Yamaha
Webb
Millsaps

Kawasaki
Eli
Grant

JGR Suzuki 450
Bogle
Pieke
Hill
Cunningham
Nicoletti
?

P.C.
Forkner
Savatgy
Ciencirrillo
Davalos

Geico
Martin
Craig
Sexton
Hampshire
MaCado

Star
Plesinger
Ferrandis
Nichols
Cooper

TLD
Martin
McElrath
Cantrell
Smith

Butler Bros
Baggett
Blose
Alix

Smart Top
Brayton
Wiemer
Freezing
eilers434 wrote:
UpTiTe wrote:
I forgot the whole Husky squad didn't I? You nailed 250s. 450s are Anderson and Deano.
I think Michael is the one who is on the 250 for Rockstar Husky, and Josh was riding the 450 this summer. I spoke to Josh a little bit and he was a super nice, respectable kid.
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4000th
9/7/2017 11:56am
I think Michael is the one who is on the 250 for Rockstar Husky, and Josh was riding the 450 this summer. I spoke to Josh...
I think Michael is the one who is on the 250 for Rockstar Husky, and Josh was riding the 450 this summer. I spoke to Josh a little bit and he was a super nice, respectable kid.
Yes its Michael
9/7/2017 11:59am
I know Kenny Day's Traders Racing Yamaha team is staying with the exact same line up in 2018 that they had in 2017 and Dean Wilson is staying at Rockstar Husky but will be wearing Fox Racing head to toe, but that's not exactly "news"

Now if he were wearing FXR, that would be news
tprice07
9/7/2017 12:16pm
Now you still have the 2016 West Coast Champion without a ride. I have not heard anything about this at all, I'm just speculating but I...
Now you still have the 2016 West Coast Champion without a ride. I have not heard anything about this at all, I'm just speculating but I could see him taking Davalos's 250cc spot to try and defend his #1 plate. While I personally am not a Justin Hill fan ( nothing against him, hes just not one of my "guys") but if I still had a team I would be doing anything and everything in my power to put the #1 plate under my tent in 2017 (granted it would be an SX only deal)

With Chad Reed, I honestly would be surprised to see him A) start up another team or B ) go back to a factory program that he has had issues with in the past. I personally only see Honda, Suzuki and KTM as options for him. With JGR as the only Suzuki team ( that we know of at this point) I don't see them being able to afford Reed, and the same with Honda. KTM definitely has the resources to acquire Reed but Chad's Monster contract I think you put an end to that. I get the feeling we will see Chad Reed join forces with a second tier team that gets factory support. Like the Rocky Mountain ATV/MC team. I am expecting to see Chad bring in a new sponsor or two and end up on a team where he can have a lot of control and input without having to start Two-Two Motorsports back up.

Who will Rockstar Husky sign now that Martin Davalos is gone? I am guessing Hill but that's not what I'm expecting to actually happen. If I were Bobby Hewitt I would want a more versatile rider who can get me up front, TV time and press coverage BOTH indoors and out. Mitchell Harrison would be on my radar as well as the rookie Joey Crown.
Reed should call up Barcia see if he wants to do something together.

Call Monster and ask for some money.

Realistically, Barcia will get picked up by one of the teams..hell maybe MCR will put a bike together for him.
Indymxer
9/7/2017 12:23pm
GPR245 wrote:
Has anyone else noticed Reed is not wearing a Monster hat anymore? All the photos from the USGP both public and personal (Instgram) have him not...
Has anyone else noticed Reed is not wearing a Monster hat anymore? All the photos from the USGP both public and personal (Instgram) have him not wearing anything Monster. I wonder what this could mean? His replica gear at the Fox team signing didn't have any other logos on it whatsoever.
It means he's tired of looking like a douche wearing monster crap.
neysbo
9/7/2017 12:32pm
Kenny is riding today and we are 4 months from A1 so unless he has a big issue I would say he will be at A1 and be ready.
MX Guy
Fantasy
773rd
9/7/2017 12:37pm
Now you still have the 2016 West Coast Champion without a ride. I have not heard anything about this at all, I'm just speculating but I...

tprice07 wrote:
Reed should call up Barcia see if he wants to do something together. Call Monster and ask for some money. Realistically, Barcia will get picked up...

Realistically, Barcia will get picked up by one of the teams..hell maybe MCR will put a bike together for him.
Kinda thought that Justin and Chad didn't like each other that much
9/7/2017 1:35pm

tprice07 wrote:
Reed should call up Barcia see if he wants to do something together. Call Monster and ask for some money. Realistically, Barcia will get picked up...

MX Guy wrote:
Kinda thought that Justin and Chad didn't like each other that much
As far as I know, Chad has made comments on Barcia's aggressive riding in the past, but I don't know how Chad feels about him. And on Justin Barcia's side, I know he respects Chad, but Barcia seems to hate everyone around him at some point or another.

You are right that Chad and Justin both still SHOULD have time left on their Monster contracts, and Monster would be a good title sponsor for whatever they hypothetically would do together. I just do not see anything like that happening. I could be wrong, but after speaking with some mutual friends, discussing owning and operating a team, I don't think Chad really will want to do that again.

IF Chad Reed were to "run his own program again" I would not expect it to be a full on team. I think it would end up being an off shoot of an existing team, where maybe he pits under his own canopy but Chad and Lars (or whoever it may be) work out of someone else's truck.

As for Barcia, I hope I'm wrong but if you ask me he's going to end up on a second tier team who picks up a big sponsor that is willing to spend a little money. for some reason I feel like its going to be a lesser known or upstart team and Justin Barcia will show flashes of his old self but his consistency will continue to cling to life. Again I really would like to be proven wrong, I'm just taking a guess off of what I see in him
b_kowalsk
9/7/2017 1:50pm
GPR245 wrote:
Has anyone else noticed Reed is not wearing a Monster hat anymore? All the photos from the USGP both public and personal (Instgram) have him not...
RED BULL KTM! Laughing
mb60
9/7/2017 1:52pm
Oldenburg will be Husky next year.

Post a reply to: Offseason team moves

The Latest