Oh yeah no doubt anymore something wrong Tomac-here’s why

lostboy819
Fantasy
1442nd
3/31/2019 10:37am
ShipLap wrote:
Couple observations: * This year, Tomac reminds me of McGrath riding outdoors in 1997. He was so "over it." * It is my humble opinion that...
Couple observations:

* This year, Tomac reminds me of McGrath riding outdoors in 1997. He was so "over it."

* It is my humble opinion that Ryan Dungey would have no trouble winning the championship this year, if he was racing it.

SL
TbonesPop wrote:
Webb is leading in the points mainly due to consistency and avoiding first turn debacles. He's been fast enough, but not blazing fast. The biggest thing...
Webb is leading in the points mainly due to consistency and avoiding first turn debacles. He's been fast enough, but not blazing fast. The biggest thing though in my opinion has been his starts are really solid and he has avoided the first turn carnage, unlike Tomac, Marv, and KR. Definitely a season where Dungey would have most likely taken the championship. Ironically, both have/had the same mechanic.
I guess coming from a 6th or 7th place start and winning does not qualify as blazing fast . WoohooWoohoo
He backed it down some now that he is making sure he wins championship but anyone who can start that far back and still win by passing Kroc is blazing fast.
Park Boys
Fantasy
32nd
3/31/2019 10:39am
Race three proves that Tomac is a mental case.
Ranman68
3/31/2019 10:48am
Tomac was ripping in moto 3. After passing Webb, he was gone and gaining on Marvin in a major hurry. Flat out flying. Then he just stalled out and lost time to Marvin. But he hauled ass for most of the moto. Looked like "Tomac". In first two motos he didnt look like he was trying nearly as hard, and the finish line thing where he lost a position was just weird. It's just strange as hell the speed inconsistency and how he sounds in interviews.
kpiper
3/31/2019 11:14am Edited Date/Time 3/31/2019 11:15am
WCRider wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/03/31/335189/s1200_Sans_titre.jpg[/img]

DPR250R wrote:
Williamson says bike is good <> Mrs. Tomac says bike does not do what Eli wants + Eli not winning = Tension Seems pretty straight forward...
Williamson says bike is good <> Mrs. Tomac says bike does not do what Eli wants + Eli not winning = Tension

Seems pretty straight forward to me.
You hit the nail on the head. We have the cause of the problem. You all have to admit Eli has not been the same since he got on the 2019. If you don't like your bike bad things will happen.

The Shop

MOTO732
3/31/2019 11:21am Edited Date/Time 3/31/2019 11:23am
At Eli's level, if he can't figure out the bike, he has serious issues with ever winning any SX title. They could make that bike do almost anything he asks. It's not like Kawi would say no. The 2018 bike was supposedly SOOOOO much better? Well, he lost that SX title too.
Mxracer6y
3/31/2019 11:23am
Wiff3 wrote:
It looks like he's fighting the bike in the turns and through the whoops. Aren't those the 2 places he's usually killing it? Any chance Kawi...
It looks like he's fighting the bike in the turns and through the whoops. Aren't those the 2 places he's usually killing it? Any chance Kawi knows he's leaving after this year, and just aren't building him the bike he wants so they don't have to pay him the big win and champoinship bonuses?
are you serious ? Shocked
Wiff3 wrote:
Did I break a rule? He's suddenly not the fastest guy in the turns, square's most of them instead of railing them, and looks bad in...
Did I break a rule? He's suddenly not the fastest guy in the turns, square's most of them instead of railing them, and looks bad in the whoops. He didn't forget how to do those things.

Are questions out of the question now?
I believe he was referring to your comment about kawi not wanting to pay championship money.

That's about the dumbest thing I've heard on this forum "Yea were gonna sabotage our rider because we dont wan him to win the championship"

Did you think about what you said ?
kpiper
3/31/2019 11:25am
MOTO732 wrote:
I don't buy this crap that the bike is the problem with Eli. They can literally tune that machine to do almost anything he asks for...
I don't buy this crap that the bike is the problem with Eli. They can literally tune that machine to do almost anything he asks for. Tomac has a mental block when it comes to SX. Meaning he feels he just can't win a SX title no matter what he does, doesn't like the risks to win a SX title or simply doesn't really like SX. Because in the outdoors, when he is on, nobody can really touch the guy. His comfort zone is clearly outdoors.
He was not good on that bike 'outdoors' at the MXON. The Kawi could very well be a great bike for many people but not for Eli right now. And maybe he does not really know what to tell them to do to make it right.

Remember when Chad had his own team he tells the story about getting a factory set of triple clamps and it made a huge difference for him. That is when he won and was running with RV2 before he got hurt. These guys are very picky. We know that.

And it did take Eli a couple of years to get good on the bike when he first went to Kawi. His father even talked about how he had trouble getting used to it. Probably happening again and add in some burnout or just growing weary of all the pressure.

When you fight the bike or don't like it you don't ride right which leads to getting tired real fast and then you can't even ride. Pretty much what we are seeing.
Mxracer6y
3/31/2019 11:27am
kpiper wrote:
You hit the nail on the head. We have the cause of the problem. You all have to admit Eli has not been the same since...
You hit the nail on the head. We have the cause of the problem. You all have to admit Eli has not been the same since he got on the 2019. If you don't like your bike bad things will happen.
Did the MEC not happen? Was that fake ? He was on the 19 and looked as good as I've ever seen him...
3/31/2019 11:27am
I’ve wondered what mental state these guys would be in if their parents were banned by the teams from influencing their “kids” during practice, races, social media, etc.. Let decisions be made between the rider and the team, and do family stuff without needing to control their sons carreers and mindsets. Good job getting them to the pro’s, then let them go. I wonder, did Tomac’s Grandfather and Grandmother groom John well into adulthood or complain to the world about his crappy mountain bike? Maybe they did for all I know.
1down5up
3/31/2019 11:32am
its very likely he has a herniated disc from off season back injury and is saying nothing to team. is he riding the same amount during the week as past seasons and with same intensity? he did say back was not an issue awhile ago.doesn't mean it wont flair up . we all know too well regarding the secrecy about injuries in this sport.tomac has fessed up as being one of those riders.
nickm
3/31/2019 11:47am
I'm not sure what all the fuss is about, In case you missed the last 4 SX seasons Tomac finished::

2015: 2nd (behind RD)
2016: 4th (behind RD, KR and JA)
2017; 2nd (behind RD)
2018: 3rd (behind JA and MM)

2019...looking like 3rd right now...similar to prior years. Sure he might not be doing the come from behind stuff as he has in the past but that never brought him SX championship success anyways.
Spat24
Fantasy
856th
3/31/2019 11:54am
I am hoping Eli wants to return to his early racing days and goes to JGR on a Suzuki.
3/31/2019 12:27pm
nickm wrote:
I'm not sure what all the fuss is about, In case you missed the last 4 SX seasons Tomac finished:: 2015: 2nd (behind RD) 2016: 4th...
I'm not sure what all the fuss is about, In case you missed the last 4 SX seasons Tomac finished::

2015: 2nd (behind RD)
2016: 4th (behind RD, KR and JA)
2017; 2nd (behind RD)
2018: 3rd (behind JA and MM)

2019...looking like 3rd right now...similar to prior years. Sure he might not be doing the come from behind stuff as he has in the past but that never brought him SX championship success anyways.
True but back than he was blazing fast and winning races. This year he has not looked like his old self at all
resetjet
3/31/2019 12:36pm
He let off the gas at the finish line and let marv pass. That is pretty much tell tale to me.
Denn700
3/31/2019 12:54pm
Maybe he doesn’t have someone to chase and it has slowed him down. Wasn’t he riding with Jeremy Martin the last few years? Maybe they pushed each other .
3/31/2019 1:03pm Edited Date/Time 3/31/2019 1:04pm
Spat24 wrote:
I am hoping Eli wants to return to his early racing days and goes to JGR on a Suzuki.
Stalled on the edge of the track whacking the kickstart next to Chiz and the 97-deuce-deuce? Just the confidence boost Tomac needs! Laughing
aees
3/31/2019 1:08pm
kpiper wrote:
You hit the nail on the head. We have the cause of the problem. You all have to admit Eli has not been the same since...
Mxracer6y wrote:
Did the MEC not happen? Was that fake ? He was on the 19 and looked as good as I've ever seen him...
Competition was not that great and MEC you could argue.
colvin227
3/31/2019 1:23pm
All of this is 2016 all over again. Came into the season a little behind cause of injury and struggling to get used to a new bike and find his “comfort level” he’s not like RV Where as long as the bike is close he can go fast and win. Eli seems to have to have it PERFECT or else he struggles, and history has shown it takes him awhile to find “that” the worst mistake he could make would be to switch teams and have to try to find “that” again because like it or not his window is closing....
3/31/2019 2:12pm Edited Date/Time 3/31/2019 2:14pm
Mxracer6y wrote:
Are all tracks the same? Look at all Eli's wins on that bike, they have only come in conditions that he usually is strong in. He is very good at hard pack slick tracks like Vegas is (MEC) and how Detroit was. He's always been great at Daytona, and his first 250 SX win ever came at San Diego, in the mud.. similar to this year. I would pick him to win Las Vegas again this year as well just because of his history on that surface.

I think there is way too many things pointing to it being the bike for it not to be the bike.
gerg
3/31/2019 2:20pm
The guy is an enigma.

What the hell was up when he freaked out and chopped the throttle at the finish line?

It's like he cannot handle competition, if he doesn't romp it in he shits his nappy.
aees
3/31/2019 2:44pm
gerg wrote:
The guy is an enigma. What the hell was up when he freaked out and chopped the throttle at the finish line? It's like he cannot...
The guy is an enigma.

What the hell was up when he freaked out and chopped the throttle at the finish line?

It's like he cannot handle competition, if he doesn't romp it in he shits his nappy.
Timing loop should normally be at the bottom of the jump face, so was surprised he wasn't first to register.
3/31/2019 3:07pm
Williamson said the 'production bike' was good.

Makes me suspect the KHI ship is steering in the wrong direction and he doesn't want to take a dump on a manufacturer to reduce future employment prospects. More I read about it, seems likely Williamson and Tomac are both over Kawasaki.
Trudare
3/31/2019 3:09pm
1down5up wrote:
its very likely he has a herniated disc from off season back injury and is saying nothing to team. is he riding the same amount during...
its very likely he has a herniated disc from off season back injury and is saying nothing to team. is he riding the same amount during the week as past seasons and with same intensity? he did say back was not an issue awhile ago.doesn't mean it wont flair up . we all know too well regarding the secrecy about injuries in this sport.tomac has fessed up as being one of those riders.
Nothing to add except that Full Floater in your avatar is a beauty....
IceMan446
3/31/2019 3:17pm
EngIceDave wrote:
HRC can't afford both Tomac and KR94
And KR's contract gives him refusal of teammate
KR is going to be taking a pay cut. So maybe they could make it work.
3/31/2019 3:35pm
Spat24 wrote:
Stalled on the edge of the track whacking the kickstart next to Chiz and the 97-deuce-deuce? Just the confidence boost Tomac needs! Laughing
Get over yourself. The Suzuki is a great bike.
TbonesPop
Fantasy
405th
3/31/2019 4:10pm
lostboy819 wrote:
I guess coming from a 6th or 7th place start and winning does not qualify as blazing fast . :woohoo: :woohoo: He backed it down some...
I guess coming from a 6th or 7th place start and winning does not qualify as blazing fast . WoohooWoohoo
He backed it down some now that he is making sure he wins championship but anyone who can start that far back and still win by passing Kroc is blazing fast.
You are correct on one thing, our definitions of blazing fast aren't the same. Webb has been the best thus far this season as the points indicate - and he has most certainly been fast, but when I think of blazing fast, I think of JS7, RV, RC, MC, Tomac, RD, etc coming from way back in the pack (+10th) after a bad start and winning. Tomac Detroit Main event 1 2019 started in 11th and came through the pack to win the race by 2 seconds in a 12 minute moto. That's blazing fast IMO.
Wiff3
3/31/2019 4:58pm
are you serious ? Shocked
Wiff3 wrote:
Did I break a rule? He's suddenly not the fastest guy in the turns, square's most of them instead of railing them, and looks bad in...
Did I break a rule? He's suddenly not the fastest guy in the turns, square's most of them instead of railing them, and looks bad in the whoops. He didn't forget how to do those things.

Are questions out of the question now?
Mxracer6y wrote:
I believe he was referring to your comment about kawi not wanting to pay championship money. That's about the dumbest thing I've heard on this forum...
I believe he was referring to your comment about kawi not wanting to pay championship money.

That's about the dumbest thing I've heard on this forum "Yea were gonna sabotage our rider because we dont wan him to win the championship"

Did you think about what you said ?
Dumbest thing? That may be a stretch, but you can have your opinion.

Yes, I did think about it or I wouldn't have posed the question.

By saying sabotage, you make it sound like they are making the bike dangerous to ride. That's clearly not what I said. Again, it was a question. They could easily make or not make the bike work to Eli's liking. We're talking tenths of a second in most cases for these guys.

And can you explain why they would want to pay champoinship bonus money to a guy that may not be on the team next year?
3/31/2019 4:59pm
Get over yourself. The Suzuki is a great bike.
Bc I do not wish to offend any tender sensibilities, I will delicately rephrase to suggest that the last few seasons have not been kind to Suzuki.

Post a reply to: Oh yeah no doubt anymore something wrong Tomac-here’s why

The Latest