One of the last nice days in these parts...

KMC440
Edited Date/Time 11/26/2018 4:22pm
Told Nancy ... probably a few bikes gonna be out this afternoon ...
Couple of Grom's just rode by ... the second one in a proper foot out wheelie ...
Thank you to whomever you are. You made my day.

36 and snow again Sunday afternoon.

Green Bay... such is life.
|
BR8ES
11/23/2018 11:05am
Let the image carry you for as long as it can!
bradmx421
11/23/2018 11:07am
And im over here in California complaining that it is under 70 degrees(at night)..... i don't see how you guys do it
MxKing809
Fantasy
334th
11/23/2018 11:10am
bradmx421 wrote:
And im over here in California complaining that it is under 70 degrees(at night)..... i don't see how you guys do it
Family and established careers.....

If my wife and I had liquid positions we could replace in 6 months - we would be loooooong gone from Michigan.
BobPA
11/23/2018 11:18am
We got 11 inches of snow about a week ago. It never snows that much, this early in the year. 16° for the high today, low of 7°. Saturday is 40° with an inch of rain. Sunday is going to be 50...I will try and get one final ride for the year. PA weather has been a disaster this year.

The Shop

KMC440
11/23/2018 11:19am
bradmx421 wrote:
My mother, sister and brother are scattered between San Jose and Santa Maria. I am a northern California alumni living between Auburn and Grass Valley till 98. I love the region and visit from time to time, but this is home now. I don't ask for pity but rather revel in what makes us one.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
11/23/2018 11:49am
BobPA wrote:
We got 11 inches of snow about a week ago. It never snows that much, this early in the year. 16° for the high today, low...
We got 11 inches of snow about a week ago. It never snows that much, this early in the year. 16° for the high today, low of 7°. Saturday is 40° with an inch of rain. Sunday is going to be 50...I will try and get one final ride for the year. PA weather has been a disaster this year.

We don't have that much snow but it was -15°C/5°F yesterday where I live. Today is better at -7°C/19°F. Still, that shit is way too early for this part of the country. Don't usually have snow until late December and we've had snow on the ground for like two weeks.

Supposed to warm up to a high of 3°C/37°F over the next couple days and then back to the single digit minuses next week.

I don't mind the snow, just hate the cold.

That said I don't think I could live where the seasons practically never change and it's also a lot easier to get warmed up than it is to get cooled off.

I used to enjoy winter since I could snowmobile, play hockey, etc. Nowadays it's hibernating with TV/Movies and gaming.

Used to moto 3-4 times a week from late March-early April to mid-late October so winter was a nice break.

Curious, for the guys that live in places where you can moto year round like California, Florida, etc. do you actually ride year round or take a break or two during the year?
ATKpilot99
11/23/2018 12:26pm
Yep not bad in Wisconsin today . 40s and comfortable in a long sleeve t.
Spudnut
11/23/2018 5:29pm
It’s been 30 degrees in Eastern WA for about a week and a half up until today 52 and sunny, had to take the xr75 out for a rip until the rain started to get in my eyes
bvm111
11/23/2018 5:37pm
I’ll take my triple digit summers over that any day in the week!
BobPA
11/23/2018 6:56pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
We don't have that much snow but it was -15°C/5°F yesterday where I live. Today is better at -7°C/19°F. Still, that shit is way too early...
We don't have that much snow but it was -15°C/5°F yesterday where I live. Today is better at -7°C/19°F. Still, that shit is way too early for this part of the country. Don't usually have snow until late December and we've had snow on the ground for like two weeks.

Supposed to warm up to a high of 3°C/37°F over the next couple days and then back to the single digit minuses next week.

That said I don't think I could live where the seasons practically never change and it's also a lot easier to get warmed up than it is to get cooled off.

I used to enjoy winter since I could snowmobile, play hockey, etc. Nowadays it's hibernating with TV/Movies and gaming.

Used to moto 3-4 times a week from late March-early April to mid-late October so winter was a nice break.

Curious, for the guys that live in places where you can moto year round like California, Florida, etc. do you actually ride year round or take a break or two during the year?
I’m with you on the snow. If it’s cold there may as well be snow. When it is just cold, it absolutely blows.

This much snow is unheard of in November....When it came down it was very dry and almost like Utah/Colorado snow. But overnight it turned wet and heavy...aka miserable to shovel/plow. This picture was from the following day.

yak651
Fantasy
192nd
11/23/2018 7:07pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
We don't have that much snow but it was -15°C/5°F yesterday where I live. Today is better at -7°C/19°F. Still, that shit is way too early...

BobPA wrote:
I’m with you on the snow. If it’s cold there may as well be snow. When it is just cold, it absolutely blows. This much snow...
I’m with you on the snow. If it’s cold there may as well be snow. When it is just cold, it absolutely blows.

This much snow is unheard of in November....When it came down it was very dry and almost like Utah/Colorado snow. But overnight it turned wet and heavy...aka miserable to shovel/plow. This picture was from the following day.

Hate plowing snow when the ground isn't frozen, makes a mess out of everything!
aeffertz
11/23/2018 7:11pm
Knew this was going to be a WI thread as soon as I seen the title. It was “nice” today.
agn5009
11/23/2018 7:13pm Edited Date/Time 11/23/2018 7:13pm
BobPA wrote:
We got 11 inches of snow about a week ago. It never snows that much, this early in the year. 16° for the high today, low...

I feel ya bob. We got about a foot of snow in North central PA. It was a high of about 15 yesterday and a low of 6 here. It did hit 20 at some point today though Unsure
BR8ES
11/23/2018 7:20pm Edited Date/Time 11/23/2018 7:21pm
Don't miss those measures of snow at all, get mental enough when a couple inches fall out here. Kids are still in the CNY area and they can have it all.
langhammx
Fantasy
581st
11/23/2018 7:37pm
BobPA wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:

I moto year round. I ride Motocross all year, but do as much off-road riding as possible, with every day of rain we get. I think we had about 15 good days of wet dirt last year, I’m hoping for more this year.
Meanwhile, they water and prep the tracks here.

My breaks usually happen because of injury. I’m nursing a couple broken ribs right now, or I’d be out racing A Day in the Dirt GP at Glen Helen. I’ll probably go watch the races tomorrow
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
11/23/2018 8:50pm
BobPA wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:

langhammx wrote:
I moto year round. I ride Motocross all year, but do as much off-road riding as possible, with every day of rain we get. I think...
I moto year round. I ride Motocross all year, but do as much off-road riding as possible, with every day of rain we get. I think we had about 15 good days of wet dirt last year, I’m hoping for more this year.
Meanwhile, they water and prep the tracks here.

My breaks usually happen because of injury. I’m nursing a couple broken ribs right now, or I’d be out racing A Day in the Dirt GP at Glen Helen. I’ll probably go watch the races tomorrow
Breaks because of injuries absolutely suck. For me personally I found that taking a break during the winter was nice. It just made you want to ride even more when winter was over.

I guess in a way it's the same as when you're injured. Well, I guess that depends how bad of an injury a person has. Sometimes you just want to say fuck this sport, I'm done. Then you start feeling better, the sun is out, you decide to load up, go ride and remember why you love it so much.

There really is nothing like moto.
TbonesPop
Fantasy
321st
11/23/2018 9:48pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:

In AZ, we ride and Moto year round. Only time we take off is for hunting. In the hottest heat of the summer ( +115F), we still ride. Get up early, drink lots of water, use “air” gear to stay cool.
11/23/2018 10:56pm
Do any of you bros ski or board? If I lived where it snowed, I’d be out carving.

Beats a minimum 2.5hr drive to the snow like we have in Melbourne, AUS.
Vet57
11/24/2018 4:33am
-11 yesterday plus the white stuff here in New England.
Brad460
Fantasy
736th
11/24/2018 5:36am
Never say never...this picture is from Dec 2nd last year in WI. Less than a week later I took my snowmobile for a ride.

downard254
11/24/2018 5:46am
-MAVERICK- wrote:

BobPA wrote:
I’m with you on the snow. If it’s cold there may as well be snow. When it is just cold, it absolutely blows. This much snow...

Ain’t much better next door here in the Ohio Valley. We get so much damn back and forth on the weather it about makes me sick. I’d go someplace with nicer weather too but my parents are 80 years old, live next door, and I have an established construction business all while both of my boys are going to go through Ohio University’s engineering program. So yea, I’m pretty bolted down here for a while.
BobPA
11/24/2018 6:15am
yak651 wrote:
Hate plowing snow when the ground isn't frozen, makes a mess out of everything!
You are not joking. I just had my bottom driveway widened, so there is fresh modified down. I think I pushed as much fresh stone into my yard as I did snow.
Bry145
11/24/2018 10:06am
I count my blessings.

We had three nice days this week and I was able to do some yard work for a neighbor after work, removing leaves and a mow.

We have an indoor bicycle park and an indoor MX track here in Pittsburgh. There is a better indoor bike in Cleveland called Ray's.

They along with the PS4 and my AirDyne make winters more tolerable.

The cost of living in nice climate locales can just as easily wreck one's motocross riding opportunities. I'm happy I moved back home.

APLMAN99
11/24/2018 11:47am
premixjunky/Pauly G’s latest user name.....

Helda
11/24/2018 12:53pm
Gunna be 77-95 today where I am, at my mums it will be 71-107, beautiful weather!!!
dboivin
11/24/2018 1:00pm
michigan not so bad. patiently waiting for enough snow for fun time to begin.

BobPA
11/24/2018 3:16pm
dboivin wrote:
michigan not so bad. patiently waiting for enough snow for fun time to begin. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/11/24/304981/s1200_46294179_591996797886735_2899720566866968576_o.jpg[/img]
michigan not so bad. patiently waiting for enough snow for fun time to begin.

I was in Vegas for the Alpha 1 unveiling...How do you like it?

Post a reply to: One of the last nice days in these parts...

The Latest