One thing last Sunday proved

500guy
The MXoN does not need Team USA to make an awesome event.

Sure Team USA will make it a better event, Take USA out of the event last weekend and it was still a great event.

I say USA needs to decide if it's important or not and go from there.
|
honda341
10/2/2017 2:57pm Edited Date/Time 10/2/2017 2:59pm
Wow. "We didn't win so we quit." That is basically what you said. Why do we go to the Olympics? To compete. To test our metal against everyone else. We got beat. That's what happens occasionally when you compete. Sad that we did so poorly. Grateful for the riders that did go and represent our country.
500guy
10/2/2017 3:09pm
honda341 wrote:
Wow. "We didn't win so we quit." That is basically what you said. Why do we go to the Olympics? To compete. To test our metal...
Wow. "We didn't win so we quit." That is basically what you said. Why do we go to the Olympics? To compete. To test our metal against everyone else. We got beat. That's what happens occasionally when you compete. Sad that we did so poorly. Grateful for the riders that did go and represent our country.
Are you stupid or unable to read ?

What I said was USA needs to get off it's high horse because the event will go on with or with out us.

it has nothing to do with USA winning or losing.
kkawboy14
10/2/2017 3:14pm
honda341 wrote:
Wow. "We didn't win so we quit." That is basically what you said. Why do we go to the Olympics? To compete. To test our metal...
For sure you totally missed what he was saying!
mtnr
10/2/2017 3:20pm
Yep, you missed it.

The Shop

honda341
10/2/2017 3:22pm
"I say USA needs to decide if it's important or not and go from there"

"It" tends to be an ambiguous statement, open for interpretation. I saw "it" meaning the Motocross Des Nations event. We need to decide if "the Motocross Des Nations" is important or not and go from there.

That is what I read. Don't want things open for interpretation, don't make them that way.
kkawboy14
10/2/2017 3:26pm
honda341 wrote:
"I say USA needs to decide if it's important or not and go from there" "It" tends to be an ambiguous statement, open for interpretation. I...

"It" tends to be an ambiguous statement, open for interpretation. I saw "it" meaning the Motocross Des Nations event. We need to decide if "the Motocross Des Nations" is important or not and go from there.

That is what I read. Don't want things open for interpretation, don't make them that way.
Yep that's exactly what he said BUT he was saying that in the context that "it" didn't need them, not the other way around
honda341
10/2/2017 3:29pm
Don't need us, so should we keep going? Decide if what is important?
kkawboy14
10/2/2017 3:31pm
honda341 wrote:
Don't need us, so should we keep going? Decide if what is important?
Don't need us.......as in it was a HUGE, gigantic, enormous, world shattering success......without them!
honda341
10/2/2017 3:32pm Edited Date/Time 10/2/2017 3:42pm
I am obviously the "stupid" option as I can read. Why is there a question of needing us? What is losing me is the last line of the post. Find out if what is important? It is obvious, as you said, that we are not needed to make an awesome event. Why would it matter if we are needed at the event
philG
10/2/2017 3:42pm
500guy wrote:
The MXoN does not need Team USA to make an awesome event. Sure Team USA will make it a better event, Take USA out of the...

Sure Team USA will make it a better event, Take USA out of the event last weekend and it was still a great event.

Spot on.

It was a great weekend of racing, as it always is, and it always will be, i cant wait to hear what the guys who made the trip from the US have to say when they get back

Seely's interview on MX Vice was spot on,as was Decoster's , the US riders and industry need to make up their minds, the folk who back these guys all year dont want riders who sack stuff off .
10/2/2017 4:05pm
Because we're not winning we need to decide whether we send a team? I'm sure there will always be guy's willing to go, but because your not winning you need to decide? What about all the teams that will never ever even make the A final turning up to represent? Not turning up because your not guaranteed a trophy is a dummy spit in my eye. Take it for what you will
loftyair
10/2/2017 4:46pm
Who exactly is spending the money for 3 US riders and all their stuff, to go a long ways for 1 afternoon?
10/2/2017 5:01pm
loftyair wrote:
Who exactly is spending the money for 3 US riders and all their stuff, to go a long ways for 1 afternoon?
Can we take from that comment you're all about penny pinching or asking who actually pays the bills?
10/2/2017 5:12pm
I disagree...the MXoN needs the US team. How would the other teams judge their performance? Nobody cares about beating the French or Belgians, but it seems like surpassing the American standard is quite a feather in their cap.
500guy
10/2/2017 5:26pm
I disagree...the MXoN needs the US team. How would the other teams judge their performance? Nobody cares about beating the French or Belgians, but it seems...
I disagree...the MXoN needs the US team. How would the other teams judge their performance? Nobody cares about beating the French or Belgians, but it seems like surpassing the American standard is quite a feather in their cap.
That's a valid point, I'm just commenting on how good the racing was last weekend and how the crowd was.

Sure USA needs to do this and no I'm not mad that we didn't win or podium, our guy's tried their best all of them.

At our current form I'm just pointing out that our stock price is way down.
FARANG
10/2/2017 5:38pm
It doesn't NEED the US team, but it's a better event when they are there. If they didn't go, I suspect we'd get the chest thumpers on Vital claiming that the US would have won with their C team riding 125's etc.

I think the one thing that Sunday proved is that with a lack of real depth in the US right now, USA need their very best team out there in order to have a good chance of winning. It's a real shame that riders who make millions of dollars from the sport won't give up one weekend to represent their country at the sport that offers them the opportunity to make a very nice living. That's a pretty sad state of affairs.

That's why I would never criticize the riders who went for not being good enough on the day. They went and gave it their best and represented their country, what deserves criticism is the riders who were better than them but just didn't fancy it.
OldYZRider1
10/2/2017 6:16pm Edited Date/Time 10/2/2017 6:22pm
I think the race continues to show the unnecessary class displacement limits. Three of the top ten bikes in the MXGP+MX2 race were 250's and five of the top ten in MX2+Open were 250's. This race was a mudder which one would think might favor the 450 but capable riders still got it done on the 250.

I think Team USA should have left Covington on his 250 in the Open class, I doubt he'd have done worse on it and quite possibly could have done much better.
10/2/2017 6:17pm
I disagree...the MXoN needs the US team. How would the other teams judge their performance? Nobody cares about beating the French or Belgians, but it seems...
500guy wrote:
That's a valid point, I'm just commenting on how good the racing was last weekend and how the crowd was. Sure USA needs to do this...
That's a valid point, I'm just commenting on how good the racing was last weekend and how the crowd was.

Sure USA needs to do this and no I'm not mad that we didn't win or podium, our guy's tried their best all of them.

At our current form I'm just pointing out that our stock price is way down.
That's probably a better way of putting it. It just didn't come across that way to me.
JB 19
10/2/2017 6:58pm
500guy wrote:
The MXoN does not need Team USA to make an awesome event. Sure Team USA will make it a better event, Take USA out of the...

I agree.
BobbyM
10/2/2017 7:31pm
500guy wrote:

Me and tons of my friends were at budds Creek when RV SMOKED everyone.
One of the greatest days of my motocross life... Ever. You are so right Jay.
BobbyM
10/2/2017 7:31pm
Bullshit.
BobbyM
10/2/2017 7:33pm Edited Date/Time 10/2/2017 7:34pm
honda341 wrote:
"I say USA needs to decide if it's important or not and go from there" "It" tends to be an ambiguous statement, open for interpretation. I...

Wonder warthog cam be thanked for that resurgence.... Period.
loftyair
10/2/2017 8:04pm
loftyair wrote:
Can we take from that comment you're all about penny pinching or asking who actually pays the bills?
No, I wish it was higher on priority list than seems to be. I really do wonder who or what pays for the Americans and all their stuff to show up? I realize a guy like Stewart could finance the whole thing on his own, but, a guy like Covington might not be able to.
olds cool
10/4/2017 7:54am
One thing we learned last Sunday is that people sure are quick to jump to conclusions and pile on before they know all of the facts about injuries, etc...

Hope Covington can get his knee healthy and win a world championship next year...and get another chance on Team USA and show what he can do 100% healthy!
10/4/2017 8:01am
500guy wrote:

BobbyM wrote:
Me and tons of my friends were at budds Creek when RV SMOKED everyone. One of the greatest days of my motocross life... Ever. You are...
Me and tons of my friends were at budds Creek when RV SMOKED everyone.
One of the greatest days of my motocross life... Ever. You are so right Jay.
I was there. It was insane. He was absolutely flying on that 250 crowd was nuts
kaptkaos
10/4/2017 8:27am
I am kinda in agreement, but this was not one of the better MXDN races to watch as a fan. It wasnt very close, France had it pretty much wrapped up going into the last moto. There were large gaps in the finishing order. We basically threw away 2 motos and still managed 9th....

It was not a great race IMHO.

The conditions were equal for everyone, but they sucked nonetheless.
10/4/2017 9:36am Edited Date/Time 10/4/2017 9:39am

I think you're a few years late...
Right now, I think most teams would consider beating the French more important than beating the Americans...
Wink
wreckitrandy
10/4/2017 9:39am
500guy wrote:

Another thing it proved that absolutely adds to the awesomeness is, the fans over there are some hard core, eat up with it, moto nuts. The crowd at the podium looked like everyone on the grounds had stayed for the celebration.

Post a reply to: One thing last Sunday proved

The Latest