Opinions on bike value

de883zx
9/21/2017 8:17am Edited Date/Time 9/21/2017 6:04pm
Time has come for me to move on. Hard for me to put a value on this for I'm biased and have way more money and time into bike and hard for me to put a value on it. I'll start by saying I bought it with the engine in it from a fellow vitard. It's a 2010 Rmz chassis with a 04 Ktm 200sx engine. Current hours are 51. Recent top end with 185lbs of compression. Here's pics and a list of things to follow.

Ohlins forks and shock. Rode twice sine full rebuild
stock shock included no stock forks
New ohlins steering dampner
Applied racing 20mm of set clamps
Stock clamps included
9.5 mm hydraulic master cylinder w 3wt mineral shock oil. Super easy pull
Stock clutch master included
Crf front master
Stainless braided line
Ap racing front pads
Stock master included
A60 carbon hubs w bearing and spacers new from dubya
Stock spokes
Did stx rims
Braking std rotors
Titanium hardware every wheel nut and bolt from racetech
Motion pro lightweight rim locks
STD bike master tube
New Michelin intermediate front soft rear. 2rides
Tried to build lightest wheel set I could.
Complete stock wheels with rotors spacers and multiple sprockets
Rg3 complete linkage
Stock 200 Sx pipe with carbon guard
Extra stock pipe and new dep pipe raw
Extra pro circuit silencer non shorty
Stainless rear line with ap racing rear pads motul rfb600 fluid front and rear
Moto seat cover stock foam
I have extra plastics stk linkage etc
Extra 03 200 sx engine with damaged cylinder. Was going to send to Tom Morgan but things changed
Extra 03 125 sx bottom end complete spare
Engine has billet basket and new cr125 fiber plates
Always used rotella 15w40
Always ran Sunoco race fuel from drum and 2r 40.1

I'm sure I'm missing a few thing and sorry for long post. Just value a lot of your guys opinions and yeas the sprocket bolts are torqued. Race tech titanium by the way. Go ahead and fire away.
|
jeffro503
9/21/2017 8:30am
Man I'm not sure what it's actually worth , but damn that is one cool machine! I remember seeing a RMZ build with a KTM 200cc motor in it on here quite a few years back. Wonder if that's the same bike.

It might not sell fast depending on how much you're asking for it , but to the right buyer , you could fetch a pretty penny for it. Especially with all that extra stuff you have. Dang man , you sure you want to sell that thing? Kind of a rare / one of a kind bike.
jeffro503
9/21/2017 8:34am
Acidreamer wrote:
Id offer $3500-4000.
You see he has extra motors and so forth?

Wild thought , but maybe sell a lot of that stuff separately , and the seller could make quite a bit more money I would think. I would think he would lose quite a bit selling it all as one big package.
de883zx
9/21/2017 8:35am
Not the same build he used a 08 frame. I know who your thinking of. I know it's tough that's why I'm asking I'm a realist and I know it's not worth a million dollars but I got a lot just in the ohlins alone

The Shop

Acidreamer
9/21/2017 8:36am
Acidreamer wrote:
Id offer $3500-4000.
jeffro503 wrote:
You see he has extra motors and so forth? Wild thought , but maybe sell a lot of that stuff separately , and the seller could...
You see he has extra motors and so forth?

Wild thought , but maybe sell a lot of that stuff separately , and the seller could make quite a bit more money I would think. I would think he would lose quite a bit selling it all as one big package.
I didnt see that. I skimmed the list pretty good. I was talking more for only the bike. Engines would be an easy $1000 each assuming theyre fresh.
jeffro503
9/21/2017 8:37am
de883zx wrote:
Not the same build he used a 08 frame. I know who your thinking of. I know it's tough that's why I'm asking I'm a realist...
Not the same build he used a 08 frame. I know who your thinking of. I know it's tough that's why I'm asking I'm a realist and I know it's not worth a million dollars but I got a lot just in the ohlins alone
I personally would stick to your guns , and don't give that thing away. Think about selling some of that other stuff separately as well , as you may make quite a bit more by doing that.
de883zx
9/21/2017 8:47am
I thought about selling stuff separately but I would rather sell it whole to someone that appreciates it. More of a time thing. I have burned three gallons of gas in a year and a half. Work kids multiple sports and rental properties and small businesses that we own run consume all my time. My kids are at that age were it's difficult to just get out and when I do I just don't get the excitement I did. Plus if I got hurt shit I couldn't even imagine. Time for me to be a 50 dad! I was thinking around 5k myself
Moto520
9/21/2017 8:48am
beautiful graphic setup!
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
9/21/2017 8:55am
de883zx wrote:
I thought about selling stuff separately but I would rather sell it whole to someone that appreciates it. More of a time thing. I have burned...
I thought about selling stuff separately but I would rather sell it whole to someone that appreciates it. More of a time thing. I have burned three gallons of gas in a year and a half. Work kids multiple sports and rental properties and small businesses that we own run consume all my time. My kids are at that age were it's difficult to just get out and when I do I just don't get the excitement I did. Plus if I got hurt shit I couldn't even imagine. Time for me to be a 50 dad! I was thinking around 5k myself
Do you need the money? If not why not just keep it?

If you have another bike whatever but if that's your only one and it's all paid for you mind as well keep it and ride it the occasional time you have a chance.

Don't think it'll go down much in value.

Pretty awesome bike. Personally I'd keep it.
de883zx
9/21/2017 9:01am
No I have a ktm150sx also so I will always have that. Don't need the money it's just like a boat watercraft snowmobile. Hard to justify for how much I ride it. I should buy stock in stabil. Plus I live in Michigan so no exactly a yearound thing
yz133rider
9/21/2017 9:14am
From what I've seen take for example the Cr500 conversions.

An 04 service Honda 500 can list and sell for 5K
An 04 250 with a 500 swapped by my professional welding buddy can list for 3K and get zero interest.

The reputation that service Honda carries brings that value. A home built swap scares a lot of people even when done well.

It might be a tough sale.

With that said , it looks like an amazing bike. Those engines are amazing I've ridden them and they are great.. Those chassis from what I read are amazing put that together with the ohlins and wow I can only imagine.

I think 35-4 is going to be the max personally. Maybe list it for 45, and go from there
Adam43
9/21/2017 9:33am
Keep it, if you don't need the cash. You're not likely to get a number you'll be happy with. I guarantee you would regret selling that thing one day.

Ride it. Take it easy if you are worried about getting hurt. Remember that you could get injured walking your dog. Life's short.
TJMX947
9/21/2017 10:10am
Cool bike. Just pick a price and see what comes out of it, lower it every month until you start getting some interest generated then you know you're kind of in the ball park. Given you're in Michigan I would think your window to sell to the common guy is shrinking...and to that point this isn't going to be a bike that the common guy is going to buy. Good luck!
Monk
9/21/2017 10:19am
With a OS tank and hand guards that's a $5k+ bike... Probably a killer woods weapon...
Motofinne
9/21/2017 10:23am
Unless you need the money, keep it. Great looking bike and a nice spec!
Zaugg
9/21/2017 10:43am
yz133rider wrote:
From what I've seen take for example the Cr500 conversions. An 04 service Honda 500 can list and sell for 5K An 04 250 with a...

An 04 250 with a 500 swapped by my professional welding buddy can list for 3K and get zero interest.

The reputation that service Honda carries brings that value. A home built swap scares a lot of people even when done well.

With that said , it looks like an amazing bike. Those engines are amazing I've ridden them and they are great.. Those chassis from what I read are amazing put that together with the ohlins and wow I can only imagine.

I think 35-4 is going to be the max personally. Maybe list it for 45, and go from there
A Service Honda brand new is close to $10k and used ones range from $4k on up with most being over $6k.

This bike has Ohlins Suspension which by itself is worth a couple grand. Plus it has a very popular motor in it...with back up.

I wouldn't sell that thing for less than $5500

Knowing how meticulous Danny is with his stuff, it's well worth the money. I know he didn't just slap a bunch of parts on this thing. He did his research and built a sweet machine.

Danny - Put it in the bazaar and the other online moto classifieds and wait for the right offer to come around.
calcoast
9/21/2017 10:49am
About tree fiddy...
yz133rider
9/21/2017 11:43am
yz133rider wrote:
From what I've seen take for example the Cr500 conversions. An 04 service Honda 500 can list and sell for 5K An 04 250 with a...

Zaugg wrote:
A Service Honda brand new is close to $10k and used ones range from $4k on up with most being over $6k. This bike has Ohlins...
A Service Honda brand new is close to $10k and used ones range from $4k on up with most being over $6k.

This bike has Ohlins Suspension which by itself is worth a couple grand. Plus it has a very popular motor in it...with back up.

I wouldn't sell that thing for less than $5500

Knowing how meticulous Danny is with his stuff, it's well worth the money. I know he didn't just slap a bunch of parts on this thing. He did his research and built a sweet machine.

Danny - Put it in the bazaar and the other online moto classifieds and wait for the right offer to come around.
Seems you missed my point about the service Honda's.
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2298th
9/21/2017 12:00pm
Under $5,000. I've noticed to move items fast on the used bike market it's $5,000 or less. Once you get over that price you narrow your buyers down very dramatically. Not many average consumers are walking around spending $6,000+ cash, they'd rather finance or buy brand new for $7,000.

Granted your bike is unique and one off which separates it, but again puts it in a unique class of buyers.
Tbteam
9/21/2017 12:38pm
I have a bunch of bikes. I don’t need another one, that’s for certain.

That being said, I’m sitting here trying to talk myself out of sending this guy five grand.
Sixeightone
9/21/2017 12:54pm
I see 5000 to the right buyer. Clean build. Has a ton of aftermarket goodies. the forks alone are worth a good chunk of change....

I wouldn't give it away if you don't have too!!
KDXGarage
9/21/2017 2:03pm
I think you are going to have to wait a long time to find just the right buyer to get a high price for it.

A previous poster made a good point on very few people having $5,000 cash vs. going to get a new one that can be financed.

It is an 8 year old frame with a 14 year old motor, so that is not the same as a Service Honda.

One option might be to sell off the fancy parts and SOMEWHAT return it TOWARDS stock. For example, put some standard forks and shock on there and sell the Ohlins by themselves. (same for spare engine parts, fancy wheels, bolts, etc.)

I think if you don't have or want to spend the time selling off parts and lowering the bike price, you will have it for a good while.

Good luck. It is a very nice bike.
9/21/2017 2:09pm
Was this that bike built by that guy from Las Vegas?

I distinctly remember lots of photos from LV clubs in that thread haha.

Super cool build.
de883zx
9/21/2017 2:31pm
No the build your thinking of was himself and he knew pastarana buddy. I can't think of his name redneck something his nickname. He moved to vegas and built hot rods I think. Thanks guys got opinions. I think I'll start at 5 and go from there. Not in a rush just getting some insite.
imoto34
Fantasy
3151st
9/21/2017 4:19pm
de883zx wrote:
No the build your thinking of was himself and he knew pastarana buddy. I can't think of his name redneck something his nickname. He moved to...
No the build your thinking of was himself and he knew pastarana buddy. I can't think of his name redneck something his nickname. He moved to vegas and built hot rods I think. Thanks guys got opinions. I think I'll start at 5 and go from there. Not in a rush just getting some insite.
Hubert, everybody's favorite redneck. I never did hear if his setup with the RZR was recovered that was stolen from TN around the time of the Windrock Jamboree.

Very nice and unique bike!
DF313
Fantasy
2408th
9/21/2017 4:22pm
I regret selling every bike I've sold, even if I had to, I always wish I still had this one or that one...
FTB
9/21/2017 4:30pm
The good thing is it's an 04 KTM 200 engine, the best of the bunch.
The bad part is that it's an MPS frame conversion.
In saying that, I'd fork out 5K usd no problem at all. Actually, I'm about to get on the blower to let a few mates know about it.
305FC250
9/21/2017 5:49pm
Under $5,000. I've noticed to move items fast on the used bike market it's $5,000 or less. Once you get over that price you narrow your...
Under $5,000. I've noticed to move items fast on the used bike market it's $5,000 or less. Once you get over that price you narrow your buyers down very dramatically. Not many average consumers are walking around spending $6,000+ cash, they'd rather finance or buy brand new for $7,000.

Granted your bike is unique and one off which separates it, but again puts it in a unique class of buyers.
Unfortunately I have to agree with this. I'd like to say it's a solid $5k bike but I think you'd have a hard time getting that. Unless you need the money to fund your next bike, I think you should keep it.

That said, this is in my opinion easily one of the coolest bike builds I've seen and I wish I could ride it.

Post a reply to: Opinions on bike value

The Latest