Osborne

kongols
Edited Date/Time 9/6/2020 10:20am
If he wins championship, he`ll be oldest champion in US MX history. So far it`s Mcgrath with title at 29 years old (I think). Osborne will be 31 in 20 days.
|
langhammx
Fantasy
455th
9/5/2020 10:05am
He sure looks to be “the guy” right now, I’m stoked for him, he’s earned it !
Motodave15
9/5/2020 10:06am
Yep, and i've been on the Osborne wagon since he came back from europe. all those years ago... he's a modern day junkyard dog!
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
9/5/2020 10:23am

G-man
9/5/2020 10:29am Edited Date/Time 9/5/2020 2:23pm
Yea ol Zacho has paid his dues no doubt.

He's on the short list of Americans who was not scared to leave the comforts of home to go overseas and represent the United States on foreign land.

Any rider that does that whether it be on the Road Race circuit or Motocross and deals with all the many pitfalls of traveling to many countries and has to adapt to different languages and food, EXTREME weather, currency, travel and fans who might root AGAINST you (Lackey had fans hit him with sticks!) is way up on my respect list. 👍

I REALLY miss the days of getting the weekly Cycle News to see how our boys did each weekend. Where have the good times gone, I can only think of TWO American Roadracers doing it right now....Sad

Watching Zach ride yesterday you can't help but notice how solid he is, there is nothing flashy or amazing that he does. Just being a great starter and hammering lap after lap mistake free.

He's a bring your hard hat and lunch pail to work type of guy and gets it done.

Tip of the visor to him. Smile

The Shop

dadofagun
Fantasy
1962nd
9/5/2020 10:31am
I was actually wondering last night about this very topic. Anyone have any idea who the oldest Outdoor champ on record is? As far as Zach goes, I'm pulling for him, he's a fighter.
jeffro503
9/5/2020 10:58am
Zach is definitely steering the ship so far.

Any of you guy's remember when he used to post here? I think a lot of his posts were from when he was still in Europe , if I remember right.
mgifracing
Fantasy
346th
9/5/2020 11:14am
G-man wrote:
Yea ol Zacho has paid his dues no doubt. He's on the short list of Americans who was not scared to leave the comforts of home...

He's on the short list of Americans who was not scared to leave the comforts of home to go overseas and represent the United States on foreign land.

Any rider that does that whether it be on the Road Race circuit or Motocross and deals with all the many pitfalls of traveling to many countries and has to adapt to different languages and food, EXTREME weather, currency, travel and fans who might root AGAINST you (Lackey had fans hit him with sticks!) is way up on my respect list. 👍

I REALLY miss the days of getting the weekly Cycle News to see how our boys did each weekend. Where have the good times gone, I can only think of TWO American Roadracers doing it right now....Sad

Watching Zach ride yesterday you can't help but notice how solid he is, there is nothing flashy or amazing that he does. Just being a great starter and hammering lap after lap mistake free.

It is sad on the road race scene how shunned the Americans have become. Gerloff is still learning new tracks but is doing a good job and You gotta love Joe Roberts! who is still learning tracks too but has raced on more of them than Garrett granted ones in WSBK and one in Moto 2. too bad ben Spies walked away, He had alien potential, i think the politics ran him off. sorry to go off moto topicCool
walent215
9/5/2020 11:18am
G-man wrote:
Yea ol Zacho has paid his dues no doubt. He's on the short list of Americans who was not scared to leave the comforts of home...

Yup... love how he gives credit to The Lord!!
I hope he puts a stamp on the cship and clinches early so he can celebrate/enjoy a round or two with his team/family without the pressure!
Boomslang
Fantasy
548th
9/5/2020 11:34am
Just finished watching the motos and Osborne was on rails. They got that bike dailed.
Bearuno
9/5/2020 12:03pm
As ever, thank goodness for the fact that DC and MX Sports have not adopted the utterley cretinous 'age out' rule that Luongo The Drongo has in place.

It gave Zach the opportunity to continue his career in 250s, instead of going into the 450s and, perhaps, having an early end to his career. He was able to do things at his own pace, through US Motocross' sensible rules.

It's great to see what he's done back in the US. I hope he keeps it together, and gets another Championship. Between him and Troll ( and his brother) I'm perilously close to being a ''fan'' of both. Well, as close as a bloke in his 7th decade could be..........
Hank_Thrill
9/5/2020 1:02pm
What impresses me more is it will be his first premier class championship! I say that in a good way. Who says you can’t teach an older dog new tricks?
9/5/2020 1:05pm
He’s a late bloomer who loos like he has aged slowly too. Wouldn’t be hard to mistake his age for early mid 20’s
H4L
9/5/2020 1:11pm Edited Date/Time 9/5/2020 1:45pm
Motodave15 wrote:
Yep, and i've been on the Osborne wagon since he came back from europe. all those years ago... he's a modern day junkyard dog!
Agree. Good to see him getting some props. He reminds me of the old school riders from the 80’s 90’s.. A no nonsense kind of guy who can grind & get wins. It’s the blue collar mentality with a never quit mind set, never make excuses or complain. I can relate..
crusher773
9/5/2020 1:45pm
I've said it before Zach Osborne is a damn American hero. That guy has more fire in his belly than any of the other guys for MXdN we need more just like him.
9/5/2020 1:57pm
G-man wrote:

walent215 wrote:
Yup... love how he gives credit to The Lord!! I hope he puts a stamp on the cship and clinches early so he can celebrate/enjoy a...
I hope he puts a stamp on the cship and clinches early so he can celebrate/enjoy a round or two with his team/family without the pressure!
And just like everything in life, I never been a Zach fan due to the one thing he repeats up on the podium every time.

But regardless of that, he has certainly worked hard and his speed has developed.
He should "thank Aldon" for that!
9/5/2020 1:59pm Edited Date/Time 9/5/2020 2:00pm
I never been a Zach fan due to that one thing he repeats up on the podium every time.

But regardless of that, he has certainly worked hard and his speed has developed.
kpiper
9/5/2020 2:10pm
I never been a Zach fan due to that one thing he repeats up on the podium every time. But regardless of that, he has certainly...
I never been a Zach fan due to that one thing he repeats up on the podium every time.

No one can explain how 'we' are even here in existence.

There is something well beyond human understanding going on.

Zach is grateful for life and all the things he has been able to accomplish. His comments are totally appropriate.
kongols
9/5/2020 2:21pm Edited Date/Time 9/5/2020 2:25pm
dadofagun wrote:
I was actually wondering last night about this very topic. Anyone have any idea who the oldest Outdoor champ on record is? As far as Zach...
I was actually wondering last night about this very topic. Anyone have any idea who the oldest Outdoor champ on record is? As far as Zach goes, I'm pulling for him, he's a fighter.
I think it`s 28 or 29, but I can`t remember who it was. Doug Henry?
9/5/2020 2:51pm
I never been a Zach fan due to that one thing he repeats up on the podium every time. But regardless of that, he has certainly...

kpiper wrote:
No one can explain how 'we' are even here in existence. There is something well beyond human understanding going on. Zach is grateful for life and...

Zach is grateful for life and all the things he has been able to accomplish. His comments are totally appropriate.
X2. What are rediculous reason to not be a fan of someone
9/5/2020 2:55pm

kpiper wrote:
No one can explain how 'we' are even here in existence. There is something well beyond human understanding going on. Zach is grateful for life and...

Elon Musk invented humans
MPJC
Fantasy
704th
9/5/2020 3:04pm

You had to bring that up?
just James
9/5/2020 3:11pm
G-man wrote:

walent215 wrote:
Yup... love how he gives credit to The Lord!! I hope he puts a stamp on the cship and clinches early so he can celebrate/enjoy a...
If he wrapped it up early, he could run a TC250 for the last round!
On second thought, it's probably not homo'd.Sad
str8line
9/5/2020 3:13pm
Zach gonna win the title. I'm convinced.
9/5/2020 4:12pm

MPJC wrote:
No, walent215 brought it up.

Just because I am not a fan of Zack, doesent mean I'm a hater or don't appreciate the effort he has put in to get himself to the pointy end of the field.
It looks like this will be his year.
teamddr
9/5/2020 4:13pm
I met him when he raced over here, all the attributes of a decent human being with no sense of grandeur. He’s my perception of a true patriot of the USA and steps up to represent his country when given the opportunity. I hope the “ good things happen to good people” adage applies to him and he brings that title home and even if he doesn’t he’s still a special person.
MPJC
Fantasy
704th
9/5/2020 4:29pm

MPJC wrote:
No, walent215 brought it up. Just because I am not a fan of Zack, doesent mean I'm a hater or don't appreciate the effort he has...
No, walent215 brought it up.

Just because I am not a fan of Zack, doesent mean I'm a hater or don't appreciate the effort he has put in to get himself to the pointy end of the field.
It looks like this will be his year.
You’re right - didn’t notice that.
9/5/2020 8:41pm
When Zac arrived from Europe I quickly put him in the washed up basket, and I wasn't alone.
But with the Husky signing and Aldons structure who would have thought, or maybe becoming a family man changed his focus?
I can't see him retiring soon due to his age.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
9/5/2020 8:58pm Edited Date/Time 9/5/2020 9:00pm

Now I know how you got your username.
Falcon
Fantasy
798th
9/5/2020 9:21pm
I'm not on the bandwagon just yet, but he sure made a statement yesterday. If he beats Eli in both motos again on Monday, that'll just about be it.

Sexton and Cianciarulo sure looked good late in the 2nd moto, too.
olds cool
9/5/2020 9:27pm
Where’s all those know it alls that said he only won @ LL’s because it was a mud race and when the series got to real pro tracks with normal weather, he’d maybe be a top 5 guy? Anything can happen in the remaining rounds but it’s looking more and more like there’s going to be a new sheriff in town. He already rides a white horse and wears a star on his chest! Tongue

Post a reply to: Osborne

The Latest