Planning a trip to NC

So me and some buddies are planning a trip to head down to North Carolina and ride for a week. We are planning to head to JWTFMX for the first 2 days..any suggestions after that? Any good tracks with in the hour or so that we should hit up? Thanks
|
Jack_4196
Fantasy
3328th
12/6/2017 9:00am
So me and some buddies are planning a trip to head down to North Carolina and ride for a week. We are planning to head to...
So me and some buddies are planning a trip to head down to North Carolina and ride for a week. We are planning to head to JWTFMX for the first 2 days..any suggestions after that? Any good tracks with in the hour or so that we should hit up? Thanks
West craven mx, cow branch mx are both super cool. NCMP is a popular pick as well in that area.
12/6/2017 9:02am
So me and some buddies are planning a trip to head down to North Carolina and ride for a week. We are planning to head to...
Jack_4196 wrote:
West craven mx, cow branch mx are both super cool. NCMP is a popular pick as well in that area.
Are those far drives? Might have to hit them up
sgrimmxdad
Fantasy
1936th
12/6/2017 9:48am
Jack_4196 wrote:
West Craven is about 45 mins from JWTF, Cowbranch is an hour from there, and then NCMP is about an hour from there. 5pts MX is also another good track in this region, it is open 7 days a week. Depending on when you are coming I am right in between West Craven and Cowbranch! We'll groom the track up for you! I have a private practice track built by Robby Marshall for my son....

The Shop

12/6/2017 10:46am
Jack_4196 wrote:
sgrimmxdad wrote:
West Craven is about 45 mins from JWTF, Cowbranch is an hour from there, and then NCMP is about an hour from there. 5pts MX is...
West Craven is about 45 mins from JWTF, Cowbranch is an hour from there, and then NCMP is about an hour from there. 5pts MX is also another good track in this region, it is open 7 days a week. Depending on when you are coming I am right in between West Craven and Cowbranch! We'll groom the track up for you! I have a private practice track built by Robby Marshall for my son....
That’s awesome. I’m coming from South Jersey so it’s like an 8 hour drive. We plan on hitting up JWTFMX, West craven mx, cow branch mx, and NCMP. Probably staying at one of these tracks for 2 days..which one would you recommend?
Kryan5
12/6/2017 11:59am
Is Hog Heaven still around. That was one of my favorites when we made our winter riding trips before the kids popped out...
Markee
Fantasy
1890th
12/6/2017 12:11pm
sgrimmxdad wrote:
West Craven is about 45 mins from JWTF, Cowbranch is an hour from there, and then NCMP is about an hour from there. 5pts MX is...
That’s awesome. I’m coming from South Jersey so it’s like an 8 hour drive. We plan on hitting up JWTFMX, West craven mx, cow branch mx...
That’s awesome. I’m coming from South Jersey so it’s like an 8 hour drive. We plan on hitting up JWTFMX, West craven mx, cow branch mx, and NCMP. Probably staying at one of these tracks for 2 days..which one would you recommend?
Cow branch has a couple RV hook ups but only porta john bathroom. Good people run that track and for me its a awesome training track. He just reversed it and changed it up, rode there last sunday to check it out. Its in the middle of nowhere. Mostly sand with some clay/sand sections. Follow on instagram to get updates if and when they are open (weekends only).

NCMP all clay with some wood chip sections. Open all week, but normally during the week the track is pretty blue groove and beat up. Weekends its prepped. They as well just reversed the track back to the original direction which uses the land layout better.

If you were closer, I would highly recommend CLUB MX. thurs-sunday, the practice track is open to all. Killer place. But you guys are about 4 hours out from JW place.

Coming back home (or coming down), If you jump on 17 to 13 to 460, there is a nice track called southfork in va, Open weekends. 402 trails just re did their track. From Hwy 460, that jumps right on 295, to 95 back up north.
12/6/2017 12:12pm
I just got back from a trip to NC, and we stayed at JWTF for two nights and then stayed with a buddy for the rest of the trip. We went to CowBranch, and then West Craven. You will not be disappointed with either of the three, I highly recommend getting a cabin at Jimmy's and staying more than one day, you won't regret it. Try to hit up South Fork in Virginia on your way home. That track is great too
12/6/2017 2:02pm
I just got back from a trip to NC, and we stayed at JWTF for two nights and then stayed with a buddy for the rest...
I just got back from a trip to NC, and we stayed at JWTF for two nights and then stayed with a buddy for the rest of the trip. We went to CowBranch, and then West Craven. You will not be disappointed with either of the three, I highly recommend getting a cabin at Jimmy's and staying more than one day, you won't regret it. Try to hit up South Fork in Virginia on your way home. That track is great too
Yeah we plan on staying at JWTF for 2 days then heading to another track
12/6/2017 2:03pm
sgrimmxdad wrote:
That’s awesome. I’m coming from South Jersey so it’s like an 8 hour drive. We plan on hitting up JWTFMX, West craven mx, cow branch mx...
Markee wrote:
Cow branch has a couple RV hook ups but only porta john bathroom. Good people run that track and for me its a awesome training track...
Cow branch has a couple RV hook ups but only porta john bathroom. Good people run that track and for me its a awesome training track. He just reversed it and changed it up, rode there last sunday to check it out. Its in the middle of nowhere. Mostly sand with some clay/sand sections. Follow on instagram to get updates if and when they are open (weekends only).

NCMP all clay with some wood chip sections. Open all week, but normally during the week the track is pretty blue groove and beat up. Weekends its prepped. They as well just reversed the track back to the original direction which uses the land layout better.

If you were closer, I would highly recommend CLUB MX. thurs-sunday, the practice track is open to all. Killer place. But you guys are about 4 hours out from JW place.

Coming back home (or coming down), If you jump on 17 to 13 to 460, there is a nice track called southfork in va, Open weekends. 402 trails just re did their track. From Hwy 460, that jumps right on 295, to 95 back up north.
We are going Friday to Friday so should we hit up NCMP Saturday? Don’t wanna ride it during the week if the track sucks
team186
12/6/2017 4:07pm
Killer new where to ride off road app. Races tracks riding areas maps web site links phone numbers user calendar, etc. Used it on recent riding trip to Texas. Worked great. I'm from KY two practice spots on app I didn't know we had in east KY. Rode at one this past weekend. Emailed app guys to thank turns out they're moto freaks sent me Black Friday bike graphics coupon. Free for tracks and practice places to get found or listed. Users (us) got to pay small amount to get app. Check it out.

https://www.motoguideapp.com/

sgrimmxdad
Fantasy
1936th
12/7/2017 2:01am
If you like sand riding, WCMX is AWESOME! Black sand with a little loam to it! He will make arrangements to let you ride during the week. Cowbranch is only open on weekends, track is good and loamy and they keep it groomed and watered. NCMP is a much bigger track and also has a SX track, and intermediate track, and some trails. Dirt is very different at all 3 tracks....
sgrimmxdad
Fantasy
1936th
12/7/2017 2:03am
Kryan5 wrote:
Is Hog Heaven still around. That was one of my favorites when we made our winter riding trips before the kids popped out...
No, one of best tracks in the state too. Some of still hold out hope the Eason's will reopen it one day!
planter
12/11/2017 4:48am
Hog Heaven was an awesome track, especially for riding during the winter months when everything up north was frozen out. It was within reasonable driving distance from many of the large urban areas.

They are really sitting on something special. They should re-open it or lease it to someone to re-open!!! The old County Line MX near Bolton NC was a good track also, just not as conveniently located. I understood it was for sale. Would make a good winter riding place if someone were to purchase and open back up.

For that matter, the D13 Winter Race Series that ECMX put on for a numbers of year was really a nice series and ran some good tracks. Wish someone would resurrect that series back to what it was. I thought for winter racing it was well attended.
Jack_4196
Fantasy
3328th
12/11/2017 7:56am
There's a fair amount in NORTH Carolina, But mostly all around the northern end. Jwtf ish area, I will say motovated mx and club are well worth the drive awesome amazing facility's

Post a reply to: Planning a trip to NC

The Latest