Pourcel plans?

MXMattii
Does anyone know what Chris his plans are for the future? Is he racing Canadian Nationals in 2018 or will he be testing bikes for KTM and Husqvarna. Because I heard that Roger really likes his input just like the other people on the KTM/Husqy family.

Or is he out for good now and is he shifting his attention to farming together with his girl? Or what about the EnduroX races? Wasn't that something he would like to do? So many questions so little answers.
|
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
11/9/2017 8:16am
All I know is he has/had an option to come back and race up here. Not sure if he'll take it or not. I know he mentioned that if he enjoyed himself up here he'd consider coming back but it wasn't all sunshine and rainbows this summer so who knows.

Personally, I'd like to see him come back. It would make the racing that much better and if he wants he can even run his signature 377 since the new series is switching to career numbers.
NVA57
Fantasy
1602nd
11/9/2017 9:10am
Can’t imagine him doing testing. Dunno about recent years but wasn’t he known for not showing up at practice days or only doing one lap back in de PC days?
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
11/9/2017 9:18am
NVA57 wrote:
Can’t imagine him doing testing. Dunno about recent years but wasn’t he known for not showing up at practice days or only doing one lap back...
Can’t imagine him doing testing. Dunno about recent years but wasn’t he known for not showing up at practice days or only doing one lap back in de PC days?
Was thinking the same thing. I remember reading an interview with Mitch and he said that CP would barely ride around then come back in and basically do that all day. Mitch said he would get so frustrated, then at the end of the day CP would turn a few laps faster than anyone else on the team.
11/9/2017 9:29am
He did an interview in a french mag after the end of the canadian championship and pretty much left all the doors open.
Said he has the opportunity to come back to Canada to race motocross and maybe some Arenacross, still interested in trying Endurocross, or maybe retire... Obviously, his mind wasn't made up.
He stated it's hard to decide when to stop and he doesn't want to announce his retirement from a hospital bed.
Also mentioned when he has no pain anywhere, he still feels like racing and thinks he still has a few good races in him.

The Shop

MXMattii
11/9/2017 3:38pm
DRAGONBACK wrote:
He did an interview in a french mag after the end of the canadian championship and pretty much left all the doors open. Said he has...
He did an interview in a french mag after the end of the canadian championship and pretty much left all the doors open.
Said he has the opportunity to come back to Canada to race motocross and maybe some Arenacross, still interested in trying Endurocross, or maybe retire... Obviously, his mind wasn't made up.
He stated it's hard to decide when to stop and he doesn't want to announce his retirement from a hospital bed.
Also mentioned when he has no pain anywhere, he still feels like racing and thinks he still has a few good races in him.
Thanks for the update. What French magazines are you reading, because I really need to work on mine French and moto magazines are maybe a way to do it haha.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
11/9/2017 4:29pm
I don't know many French moto magazines as they're not really common over here for some reason but I would assume it was Moto Verte.
11/10/2017 7:43am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
I don't know many French moto magazines as they're not really common over here for some reason but I would assume it was Moto Verte.
Not exactly.
It was MX Magazine.
Same press group than Moto Verte.
scooter5002
11/10/2017 8:38am
Come back to Canada, get beaten straight up, come up short of a title, bitch about everything that didn't suit his whim, go home and cash his cheques.
11/10/2017 9:00am
Come back to Canada, get beaten straight up, come up short of a title, bitch about everything that didn't suit his whim, go home and cash...
Come back to Canada, get beaten straight up, come up short of a title, bitch about everything that didn't suit his whim, go home and cash his cheques.
Solid answer lol
mb60
11/10/2017 9:19am
Always have been a fan of CP 377. But he went last year and was getting beat by guys who barely run top 20 in the States. Good for him going out the way he wanted but doubt we see him race again.
richter28
Fantasy
156th
11/10/2017 9:47am Edited Date/Time 11/10/2017 9:48am
mb60 wrote:
Always have been a fan of CP 377. But he went last year and was getting beat by guys who barely run top 20 in the...
Always have been a fan of CP 377. But he went last year and was getting beat by guys who barely run top 20 in the States. Good for him going out the way he wanted but doubt we see him race again.
He won 5 overalls and lost the title because of a post race penalty. I'm not a fan of his, but Goerke and Alessi have won 450 AMA overalls... and if you think Faccioti and Epstein would "barely run top 20 in the states" you're lost. The guys a weirdo but he rips and should have won the title.
11/10/2017 10:39am Edited Date/Time 11/10/2017 10:44am
MXMattii wrote:
Thanks for the update. What French magazines are you reading, because I really need to work on mine French and moto magazines are maybe a way...
Thanks for the update. What French magazines are you reading, because I really need to work on mine French and moto magazines are maybe a way to do it haha.
As far as motocross goes, it's either Moto Verte or MX magazine...
You can also start for free on the web:
http://www.motoverte.com/mxsx-us/des-news-de-christophe-pourcel/3905746

You might wanna check this too (not Pourcel related):
http://www.mx2k.com/fr
http://motocross-emag.com/Web/018/#/spreads/1

If you speak flemish, the best way to improve your french is probably motocrossmag.be, since most contents are bilingual.
11/10/2017 10:40am
Come back to Canada, get beaten straight up, come up short of a title, bitch about everything that didn't suit his whim, go home and cash...
Laughing
peelout
11/10/2017 10:49am Edited Date/Time 11/10/2017 10:49am
i heard he like mayonnaise on his chips and i cannot support that decision bro
kevin204
Fantasy
2865th
11/10/2017 10:49am
mb60 wrote:
Always have been a fan of CP 377. But he went last year and was getting beat by guys who barely run top 20 in the...
richter28 wrote:
He won 5 overalls and lost the title because of a post race penalty. I'm not a fan of his, but Goerke and Alessi have won...
He won 5 overalls and lost the title because of a post race penalty. I'm not a fan of his, but Goerke and Alessi have won 450 AMA overalls... and if you think Faccioti and Epstein would "barely run top 20 in the states" you're lost. The guys a weirdo but he rips and should have won the title.
Seriously.. he was really good. All those guys you mentioned, plus Tyler Medaglia and the injured Kaven Benoit, put on a great show all summer.
11/10/2017 11:29am
peelout wrote:
No one does that in France.
It's typically Dutch.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
11/10/2017 11:35am
peelout wrote:
DRAGONBACK wrote:
No one does that in France.
It's typically Dutch.
I don't know where it comes from originally but I'm in Canada and two of my cousin's do that. I find it disgusting.

No word of a lie I once saw a guy put butter on his pizza. Not the crust part either. The actual slice. I was like WTF.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
11/10/2017 11:53am
DRAGONBACK wrote:
Oh well, we do eat snails and oysters.
Tongue
What about octopus and frog legs? Disgusting. Not sure if true or not but I heard you can have horse meat in France?
Ramrod
Fantasy
1751st
11/10/2017 11:55am
I'd like to see him come race the Canadian series again. He's fast and the series is more entertaining with good riders like him.
11/10/2017 12:42pm
DRAGONBACK wrote:
Oh well, we do eat snails and oysters.
Tongue
-MAVERICK- wrote:
What about octopus and frog legs? Disgusting. Not sure if true or not but I heard you can have horse meat in France?
Horse meat is really out of fashion these days, like lamb brains.
I used to eat some when I was a kid.
Love octopus, though. And veal liver too.

Food is really an acquired taste. You eat insects in a lot of countries, and I don't think I could, even though I enjoy snails. And to be honest, I think the worst food I ever had was some kind of polypropylene sausage coated with a sauce from outer space at the Vegas SX...
Tongue

Post a reply to: Pourcel plans?

The Latest