Pourcel vs Musqui

dv12.com
Fantasy
134th
4/2/2010 12:03pm
mccread wrote:
So it doesn't matter he is the youngest GP winner ever? I think it does. Roczen is nearly as good as CP right now outdoors and...
So it doesn't matter he is the youngest GP winner ever? I think it does.

Roczen is nearly as good as CP right now outdoors and he is only 15 I still think he would have a chance at beating him on his day.

CP is unreal but so is Ken.

Roczen is not quite as good as CP in MX. Age doesn't matter. Tortelli was the youngest World champ' and only won 3 Nationals and 1 SX in the US...
mccread
4/2/2010 12:05pm
mccread wrote:
Why if I say Roczen could run with Pourcel does that mean I am saying Roczen is the GOAT already ? I just said I think...
Why if I say Roczen could run with Pourcel does that mean I am saying Roczen is the GOAT already ?

I just said I think he could run with him and maybe win it wouldn't surprise me if he did, it wouldn't surprise if Pourcel won either, or even Musquin.
Pourcel is a class act and has proven himself in Europe and now in the U.S. Neither Musquin nor Roczen have done this. Also, he is...
Pourcel is a class act and has proven himself in Europe and now in the U.S. Neither Musquin nor Roczen have done this. Also, he is competing in both supercross and the Nationals, showcasing his all round skills on a bike. Both Searle and Rattray have said in recent past interviews that the intensity is higher in the U.S and that there are more riders that are able to maintain a fast pace throughout the duration of a race.

You don't need to race in the US to prove you are a class act. You are already a class act if you are at the front in the World Championship and Roczen is a class act.

Pourcel already a class act before he went to the US and he still is a class act.

The AMA series is no better it is just different.
mccread
4/2/2010 12:07pm
mccread wrote:
Will Gautier be ready for the Dutch GP in Holland? I bet you guys are bummed he seemed ready to win this year! Could he beat...
Will Gautier be ready for the Dutch GP in Holland? I bet you guys are bummed he seemed ready to win this year!

Could he beat Christophe...? Wink
dv12.com wrote:
Yes and no
Good... I'm heading to that one, looking forward to seeing him ride on the new Yamaha.
4/2/2010 12:13pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 9:51pm
mccread wrote:
Why if I say Roczen could run with Pourcel does that mean I am saying Roczen is the GOAT already ? I just said I think...
Why if I say Roczen could run with Pourcel does that mean I am saying Roczen is the GOAT already ?

I just said I think he could run with him and maybe win it wouldn't surprise me if he did, it wouldn't surprise if Pourcel won either, or even Musquin.
Pourcel is a class act and has proven himself in Europe and now in the U.S. Neither Musquin nor Roczen have done this. Also, he is...
Pourcel is a class act and has proven himself in Europe and now in the U.S. Neither Musquin nor Roczen have done this. Also, he is competing in both supercross and the Nationals, showcasing his all round skills on a bike. Both Searle and Rattray have said in recent past interviews that the intensity is higher in the U.S and that there are more riders that are able to maintain a fast pace throughout the duration of a race.

mccread wrote:
You don't need to race in the US to prove you are a class act. You are already a class act if you are at the...
You don't need to race in the US to prove you are a class act. You are already a class act if you are at the front in the World Championship and Roczen is a class act.

Pourcel already a class act before he went to the US and he still is a class act.

The AMA series is no better it is just different.
I agree with you that the two series are different, but no where in my post did I say that I thought the AMA was better.

I am a fan of motocross and enjoy good racing. I would of loved to have seen Everts racing Carmichael in both the prime of their careers, but this never really materialised as they both raced in different series. For motocross fans, this was a real shame.

Top riders are going to go where the $$ is and the $$ is in the states, if they can get a ride...

The Shop

jamma10
4/2/2010 12:21pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 9:51pm
All I know is that in my memory (Im 29) not many kids have made quite such an impact this side of the pond as Ken Roczen has in the past year.

Roczen not only has bags of (increasing) speed, skill & maturity but he's a real character and comes across as a really genuine and personable kid. He's the real deal, and will no doubt become one of the very best around, but whether he could beat Pourcel right now is another thing.
4/2/2010 12:23pm
jamma10 wrote:
All I know is that in my memory (Im 29) not many kids have made quite such an impact this side of the pond as Ken...
All I know is that in my memory (Im 29) not many kids have made quite such an impact this side of the pond as Ken Roczen has in the past year.

Roczen not only has bags of (increasing) speed, skill & maturity but he's a real character and comes across as a really genuine and personable kid. He's the real deal, and will no doubt become one of the very best around, but whether he could beat Pourcel right now is another thing.
x2
RACERX69
4/2/2010 12:46pm
Until Roczen comes to the US and and races both Nationals and SX, he is an un-proven quantity. Sorry, but facts are facts.
Hugh
4/2/2010 12:48pm
An easier way to gauge Pourcel and Roczen is look at Cairoli... Pourcel had the pace of Cairoli in his final GP days and more than likely and still does even on a 250.

And how far did Cairoli finnish ahead of Roczen at the MXdN??

Answer: 1:22.94 mystery solved!
jamma10
4/2/2010 12:59pm
RACERX69 wrote:
Until Roczen comes to the US and and races both Nationals and SX, he is an un-proven quantity. Sorry, but facts are facts.
He's an unproven quantity over here still too - he hasn't won a championship yet, the kid even missed the first few rounds 'cos he wasn't even old enough to compete. But thats kinda the point, he's exceptional now and he's only just starting out. He's our Justin Barcia, but younger.

Remember one thing though, most American forum members dismissed our claims about Christophe Pourcel before the start of last season.
jamma10
4/2/2010 1:06pm Edited Date/Time 4/2/2010 1:10pm
Hugh wrote:
An easier way to gauge Pourcel and Roczen is look at Cairoli... Pourcel had the pace of Cairoli in his final GP days and more than...
An easier way to gauge Pourcel and Roczen is look at Cairoli... Pourcel had the pace of Cairoli in his final GP days and more than likely and still does even on a 250.

Roczen beat Weimer twice and I'd say Weimer is a straight up bad ass rider capable of running with Pourcel wouldnt you?
prozach
4/2/2010 1:10pm
Hugh wrote:
An easier way to gauge Pourcel and Roczen is look at Cairoli... Pourcel had the pace of Cairoli in his final GP days and more than...

jamma10 wrote:
Roczen beat Weimer twice and I'd say Weimer is a straight up bad ass rider capable of running with Pourcel wouldnt you?
Can't use MXDN as a gauge of rider speed. Some people ride for the individual glory while others are there to accomplish what the event is all about, team victory. That and no one can deny that the Americans have ten times the pressure on them at that event than any other group of riders. Weimer seemed to struggle with that pressure and he even admitted it got to him.
Hugh
4/2/2010 1:14pm
Hugh wrote:

jamma10 wrote:
No and Roczen only beat him once.
jamma10
4/2/2010 1:14pm
Hugh wrote:

jamma10 wrote:
prozach wrote:
Can't use MXDN as a gauge of rider speed. Some people ride for the individual glory while others are there to accomplish what the event is...
Can't use MXDN as a gauge of rider speed. Some people ride for the individual glory while others are there to accomplish what the event is all about, team victory. That and no one can deny that the Americans have ten times the pressure on them at that event than any other group of riders. Weimer seemed to struggle with that pressure and he even admitted it got to him.
To be honest I actually deleted the first part of my post which read...

'MXdN's often throw up the most unpredictable race results so its no legitimate measuring stick really.'

I was just trying to suggest that Hugh's theory wasn't quite a straight forward as he was making out - even if it was meant to be tongue in cheek.
jamma10
4/2/2010 1:20pm
Hugh wrote:

jamma10 wrote:
Hugh wrote:
No and Roczen only beat him once.
You're right, my bad.
Hugh
4/2/2010 1:40pm
prozach wrote:
Can't use MXDN as a gauge of rider speed. Some people ride for the individual glory while others are there to accomplish what the event is...
I'm sorry, I should have realised Weimer could have won that race if it wasn't for the pressure... Is that why RC, Villopoto or Dungey could never win motos at the MXdN???
RACERX69
4/2/2010 2:12pm
Hugh wrote:
I'm sorry, I should have realised Weimer could have won that race if it wasn't for the pressure... Is that why RC, Villopoto or Dungey could...
I'm sorry, I should have realised Weimer could have won that race if it wasn't for the pressure... Is that why RC, Villopoto or Dungey could never win motos at the MXdN???
Never win moto's huh?

Where were you when RC waxed Everts at Zolder on his 2stroke and won both motos that day. Howz about in 00' on his KX-250 at St Jean when he won the first moto and led most of the second moto, until he decided not race with a hard charging Tortelli and throw away the team win. How about in 2005, when he won both motos in Ernee.
You're right, he never won any moto's!!!!

How about RV,?? Were were you in 2007 when he and the rest of Team USA made the GP riders look like amatuers at Budds? btw...RV won both of his motos that day!!! Do I need to remind you how many seconds he won the moto's by?

burnside
4/2/2010 2:23pm
mccread wrote:
When did you last see Roczen ride in person or even Musquin? I dont think you realise just how good he is already at 15. He...
When did you last see Roczen ride in person or even Musquin? I dont think you realise just how good he is already at 15.

He is a genuine World title contender, and would give CP a good run for his money. I wouldn't rule out him winning against CP. CP could beat him on experiance though.
Think the problem with your point in this thread is you started out saying "I have seen both in their prime Pourcel may edge it - just. but Roczen could beat them both." Which comes across as quite a bold statement, everything you have posted since seems to complicate and backtrack from your original comment.

Either ways, sounds like an exciting rider and doubt we'll have to wait long to see him in the States. Roczen vs Barcia sounds like the real death match! I still want to see Searle return to his 08 GP form! And Rattray... Apart from CP, the GP guys haven't really kicked ass as much as we hoped! Come on Seeeearrrle...
bobby397
4/2/2010 2:58pm
with the heat and the ama pro's practicing there every week, someone racing the ama nationals will win! i mean look at tyla and tommy, they moved here months before the first race and didnt win, heck i dont think they podium'd?
ST Anmore
4/2/2010 3:21pm Edited Date/Time 4/2/2010 3:30pm
Hugh wrote:

Cairoli was somewhat faster than Pourcel in the MX2 class throughout the GP's! For example in 2007 Cairoli won 21 motos and CP won just 4! In 2006 Cairoli won 12 motos and CP won 4. In 2005 Cairoli won 13 motos and CP just 1! CP did win the title in 2006, because he was super consistent, but Cairoli had some rotten starts and crashes that year and in my opinion deserved the title more than CP! Cairoli was simply a better rider than CP in the GP's imo!

But i do think Pourcel would beat Musquin Smile
Xavier
4/2/2010 3:47pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 9:51pm
Hugh wrote:

ST Anmore wrote:
Cairoli was somewhat faster than Pourcel in the MX2 class throughout the GP's! For example in 2007 Cairoli won 21 motos and CP won just 4...
Cairoli was somewhat faster than Pourcel in the MX2 class throughout the GP's! For example in 2007 Cairoli won 21 motos and CP won just 4! In 2006 Cairoli won 12 motos and CP won 4. In 2005 Cairoli won 13 motos and CP just 1! CP did win the title in 2006, because he was super consistent, but Cairoli had some rotten starts and crashes that year and in my opinion deserved the title more than CP! Cairoli was simply a better rider than CP in the GP's imo!

I was collecting the same stats than you !

But what they show is kind of irrelevant when you look at the even bigger picture : the super-consistent but not very dominant Pourcel from Europe turned into a dominant AMA Lites 2009 outdoor rider (finished 2nd but won 13 motos -1 DNF- when Dungey was winning only 7) !

The difference ? a mix of Cairoli being a stronger opponent at the time and THE BIKE (his GP bike was not even close to a PC bike vs Cairoli's strong factory YZF)...

Now, Musquin MX2 2009 : 13 moto wins out of 27 motos raced (+ 1 DNF) show a much more dominant rider than CP ever was in the GP's...

BUT Marvin had the best bike from mid-season on and Goncalvès is no Cairoli (or Dungey, for that matter).

As far as Roczen, he IS fantastic but so far has not shown really superior to Musquin on an important race.

One year older (but still 15) he'll for sure be a bigger threat in '10 for Marvin.

Bottom line ?

We're comparing apple and oranges.

But Musquin has displayed some incredible speed last year (most notably in Lommel where he ridiculed the whole field + even the top 450's with much faster laptimes IN THE SAND) and I would'nt bet he is that far from CP, in fact I think he'd be closer from him than any current AMA Lites rider (he beat Weimer fair and square at MXDN and that does mean something). Also and unfortunately, Pourcel still has to deal with health issues (from his ugly 2007 accident) that will potentially bother him more during the two, longer outdoor motos...
ST Anmore
4/2/2010 4:45pm Edited Date/Time 4/2/2010 5:11pm
Hugh wrote:

ST Anmore wrote:
Cairoli was somewhat faster than Pourcel in the MX2 class throughout the GP's! For example in 2007 Cairoli won 21 motos and CP won just 4...

Xavier wrote:
I was collecting the same stats than you ! But what they show is kind of irrelevant when you look at the even bigger picture...
I was collecting the same stats than you !

But what they show is kind of irrelevant when you look at the even bigger picture : the super-consistent but not very dominant Pourcel from Europe turned into a dominant AMA Lites 2009 outdoor rider (finished 2nd but won 13 motos -1 DNF- when Dungey was winning only 7) !

The difference ? a mix of Cairoli being a stronger opponent at the time and THE BIKE (his GP bike was not even close to a PC bike vs Cairoli's strong factory YZF)...

Now, Musquin MX2 2009 : 13 moto wins out of 27 motos raced (+ 1 DNF) show a much more dominant rider than CP ever was in the GP's...

BUT Marvin had the best bike from mid-season on and Goncalvès is no Cairoli (or Dungey, for that matter).

As far as Roczen, he IS fantastic but so far has not shown really superior to Musquin on an important race.

One year older (but still 15) he'll for sure be a bigger threat in '10 for Marvin.

Bottom line ?

We're comparing apple and oranges.

But Musquin has displayed some incredible speed last year (most notably in Lommel where he ridiculed the whole field + even the top 450's with much faster laptimes IN THE SAND) and I would'nt bet he is that far from CP, in fact I think he'd be closer from him than any current AMA Lites rider (he beat Weimer fair and square at MXDN and that does mean something). Also and unfortunately, Pourcel still has to deal with health issues (from his ugly 2007 accident) that will potentially bother him more during the two, longer outdoor motos...
Why are they irrelavant when someone suggests that CP was on par with AC lol? Jeeeze over three GP seasons AC's 46 moto wins to CP's 9 suggests otherwise!!! Oh and please CP's GP bike was very similar standard to AC's bike? Both bikes had input from the factories and it was just a simple fact that AC was the faster/better rider! Regarding the bigger picture? AC hasn't done to bad? Three times World Champion (In both MX1 and MX2). Lets face it, CP had to go elsewhere, he couldn't stand anymore spankings that Cairoli was handing out, you only had to watch what AC was doing to him in 2007 to realise that he wasn't going to be top dog in Europe if Cairoli was around!
ShookTwo
4/2/2010 4:46pm
johnny depp asked mccread how far he wanted to go down the retard hole and mcread said all the fuckin way man
mjskier
4/2/2010 4:55pm
Xavier, was Christophe as smooth a rider before his accident as he his now?
We are all commenting on how smooth and clinical he is, but without having seen him ride before he came to the US, I'm left wondering if his current style is a result of the physical toll the accident had on him.
Anyway, I like your analysis. Unless 2 riders race the same series it really is apple to oranges.
ST Anmore
4/2/2010 5:10pm
mjskier wrote:
Xavier, was Christophe as smooth a rider before his accident as he his now? We are all commenting on how smooth and clinical he is, but...
We are all commenting on how smooth and clinical he is, but without having seen him ride before he came to the US, I'm left wondering if his current style is a result of the physical toll the accident had on him.
Anyway, I like your analysis. Unless 2 riders race the same series it really is apple to oranges.
Christophe was very smooth in the GP's!
jackson222
4/2/2010 5:10pm
mccread wrote:
When did you last see Roczen ride in person or even Musquin? I dont think you realise just how good he is already at 15. He...
When did you last see Roczen ride in person or even Musquin? I dont think you realise just how good he is already at 15.

He is a genuine World title contender, and would give CP a good run for his money. I wouldn't rule out him winning against CP. CP could beat him on experiance though.
burnside wrote:
Think the problem with your point in this thread is you started out saying "I have seen both in their prime Pourcel may edge it -...
Think the problem with your point in this thread is you started out saying "I have seen both in their prime Pourcel may edge it - just. but Roczen could beat them both." Which comes across as quite a bold statement, everything you have posted since seems to complicate and backtrack from your original comment.

Either ways, sounds like an exciting rider and doubt we'll have to wait long to see him in the States. Roczen vs Barcia sounds like the real death match! I still want to see Searle return to his 08 GP form! And Rattray... Apart from CP, the GP guys haven't really kicked ass as much as we hoped! Come on Seeeearrrle...
"I still want to see Searle return to his 08 GP form!"

Searle was riding the best he could last year, he wasn't injured, had a very similar bike to what he did in the GP's. The fact of the matter is he couldn't run with the top guys. Same with Rattray, if anything he was on better equipment last year with Mitch Payton then he was in the GP's, yet he wasn't fast enough to consistently run up front.
flarider
4/2/2010 5:27pm
mjskier wrote:
Xavier, was Christophe as smooth a rider before his accident as he his now? We are all commenting on how smooth and clinical he is, but...
CP has been a smooth rider, this isn't new.
Very patient, calculating and smooth

pilotdude
4/2/2010 5:40pm
mccread wrote:
So it doesn't matter he is the youngest GP winner ever? I think it does. Roczen is nearly as good as CP right now outdoors and...
So it doesn't matter he is the youngest GP winner ever? I think it does.

Roczen is nearly as good as CP right now outdoors and he is only 15 I still think he would have a chance at beating him on his day.

CP is unreal but so is Ken.

dv12.com wrote:
Roczen is not quite as good as CP in MX. Age doesn't matter. Tortelli was the youngest World champ' and only won 3 Nationals and 1...
Roczen is not quite as good as CP in MX. Age doesn't matter. Tortelli was the youngest World champ' and only won 3 Nationals and 1 SX in the US...
Bing freakin O.

As in BINGO.

One of the world's best riders in the last 20 years with both AMA and GP experience pounds a statement of fantasy into dogmeat with an undeniable statement of GP and AMA fact......and you can hear a pin drop in response.

Bing freaking O
Fleece192
4/2/2010 5:41pm
If Mitch Payton hires Rozen,then we will see..Whistling
oldx
4/2/2010 8:03pm
I would love to see them race, no matter who wins.

Post a reply to: Pourcel vs Musqui

The Latest