Prairie City (Hangtown) Night Races - Sat. 7/14

Ted722
7/13/2018 7:39am Edited Date/Time 7/15/2018 10:29am
Thinking on heading out there tomorrow night for their new track/series. Grab some ice water and check out (ie spectating) some racing. Brings back memories of when I would head down to Los Banos fairgrounds (with my YZ250) for some fun night racing during the summer.

http://repracingmx.com/event/2018-summer-stadiumcross-series-round-1-ju…

|
H4L
7/13/2018 7:43am Edited Date/Time 7/13/2018 7:45am
Thanks for posting. I haven't raced at Hangtown in a few yrs. & will try to make the trip out there. Looks like it would be a fun evening..
byke
7/13/2018 1:44pm
That looks awesome! Anyone remember the old Sac Raceway by the start of the dragstrip? Man those were good times.
ProKawi24
7/13/2018 2:46pm
byke wrote:
That looks awesome! Anyone remember the old Sac Raceway by the start of the dragstrip? Man those were good times.
Hell Yeah. Raced my kx80 there in the late 90's-2001. Friday night supercross and for a little while they had Sunday supercross.

It's not the actual Hangtown track but that park is massive, they'd have space to put a new track anywhere.
Ted722
7/15/2018 6:59am
Glad I went. Fun for big bikes and especially minis and good turnout. AX style of track with great dirt. Couple highlights. The 85cc classes are basically a KTM/Husky class. One of their classes (Int/Nov) there were about 14 racers I counted on the line. An even number of Huskies and KTM's (6 each), 1 CRF150, and 1 Kawasaki.

The NorCal broadcaster/pod caster Daniel Blair was there to, helping his son Evan. Evan rode really well. You can see that old racer's still in DB125 as he was in full game face / start mode with Evan on the line. Chip off the old block (Evan) grabbed the holeshot in a big 50cc class!

Last, but not least, it was jersey optional for one rider. He rode well too. Led Vet Int or Expert for most of the race (I saw) until meeting terra firma in the whoops about 5 laps in while leading. Should of taken pics, but you had to be there.

I hear SAC raceway's still drawing a lot entries too for their Friday night races. Good to hear. Until next time, your free lancing / local scene reporter says have a great day. Heading to Dixon for some practice / moto therapy. Cheerful

The Shop

JM485
7/15/2018 10:18am
If I wasn't up in Tahoe I would have been there, I'll for sure be catching a few of these this summer though. I was SO excited to see REAL whoops for once in a track, I really hope people don't bitch and make them take them out because their fragile egos can't handle a challenging section, that seems to be the pattern and it never gives people a chance to become better riders. I saw they were big on the practice day, did Zeb leave them for the races?
Ted722
7/15/2018 10:29am Edited Date/Time 7/15/2018 10:29am
JM485 wrote:
If I wasn't up in Tahoe I would have been there, I'll for sure be catching a few of these this summer though. I was SO...
If I wasn't up in Tahoe I would have been there, I'll for sure be catching a few of these this summer though. I was SO excited to see REAL whoops for once in a track, I really hope people don't bitch and make them take them out because their fragile egos can't handle a challenging section, that seems to be the pattern and it never gives people a chance to become better riders. I saw they were big on the practice day, did Zeb leave them for the races?
You would have absolutely shredded on that track. More dates on the calendar. Who knows, an old Vet might bring his RM-Z. Whistling

Post a reply to: Prairie City (Hangtown) Night Races - Sat. 7/14

The Latest