Pressure washers, What are you guy's using?

zlowery
6/20/2022 5:55pm
Pressure washers are only as good as the pump. When you’re talking about engines/electric motors that pair with a pump. The low dollar ones that are all integrated, i know nothing.

After owning garbage pressure washers through highschool and college and working on them all, i finally got a dewalt with a honda GX engine and CAT pump. $850. It being a dewalt has zero to do with its quality. Dewalt, simpson, husky, echo, carcher, mitm, etc etc - only make 5% of the pressure washer, the frame. Used it weekly for 10 years before it started to lose some pressure. Found the little plastic piston cup things online and replaced them. About 200 dollars for 10 cents of plastic! CAT parts are expensive! But the damn things are built like tanks with top notch machining and material. Look for the teal color below.

So you kinda get what you pay for. After working on other pressure washers, i can say without a doubt avoid the AAA pumps. All the brands offer multiple models with different pumps. You can get a simpson with a CAT, AR, or AAA pump. The 3 AAA pumps i took apart were disintegrated from rust internally. AR pumps seem nice, the parts were very reasonable on the one i rebuilt.

plowboy
6/20/2022 6:08pm
zlowery wrote:
Pressure washers are only as good as the pump. When you’re talking about engines/electric motors that pair with a pump. The low dollar ones that are...
Pressure washers are only as good as the pump. When you’re talking about engines/electric motors that pair with a pump. The low dollar ones that are all integrated, i know nothing.

After owning garbage pressure washers through highschool and college and working on them all, i finally got a dewalt with a honda GX engine and CAT pump. $850. It being a dewalt has zero to do with its quality. Dewalt, simpson, husky, echo, carcher, mitm, etc etc - only make 5% of the pressure washer, the frame. Used it weekly for 10 years before it started to lose some pressure. Found the little plastic piston cup things online and replaced them. About 200 dollars for 10 cents of plastic! CAT parts are expensive! But the damn things are built like tanks with top notch machining and material. Look for the teal color below.

So you kinda get what you pay for. After working on other pressure washers, i can say without a doubt avoid the AAA pumps. All the brands offer multiple models with different pumps. You can get a simpson with a CAT, AR, or AAA pump. The 3 AAA pumps i took apart were disintegrated from rust internally. AR pumps seem nice, the parts were very reasonable on the one i rebuilt.

That's one of the reasons I went with the Honda...fully rebuildable pump(only on the commercial units).
langhammx
Fantasy
581st
6/20/2022 6:49pm
zlowery wrote:
Pressure washers are only as good as the pump. When you’re talking about engines/electric motors that pair with a pump. The low dollar ones that are...

I have owned the DeWalt since 2005. My son used it 5 days a week with 2 bikes a day, until the end of 2007. I started riding again and have used it on a weekly basis and use it to wash down my stucco on the house and to wash down the concrete around the house. I’ve never had a single problem with it. The best investment I’ve made in small tools.
Mine is a 3100 PSI 6.5 HP

The Shop

Crash217
6/21/2022 7:51am Edited Date/Time 6/21/2022 7:58am
I've had a Yamaha 3000psi pressure washer for nearly a decade. The only issue its ever given me was a sticky unloader valve once (from not getting the system flushed well enough after use with soap tank) and I need to clean the main jet every now and then.

You do really get what you pay for. A solid engine with a CAT pump is the way to go. I put myself through a year of school working at a south east regional Sears repair center as a "Gas Artesian" Worked exclusively on pressure washers and generators. Hardly ever had to work on a CAT pump.

Yeti831
6/21/2022 8:30am
500guy wrote:
I have an industrial pressure washer I use at work they cost about 6K. right now I have to do some repairs to it so I'm...
I have an industrial pressure washer I use at work they cost about 6K. right now I have to do some repairs to it so I'm looking at something like this to get me by for a few weeks. any suggestions?

I have the gas version of that.

It looks like cheap shit but I’ve had it for over a year and no issues 🤷‍♂️

Post a reply to: Pressure washers, What are you guy's using?

The Latest