Privateer help

moto726
Alright Vital folk...I’ve been kicking this idea around for a while now and wanted to turn to the smartest people I know...go easy on me. Year after year we see privateers needing help with fuel, parts, entry fees and so on, well I’ve always wanted to help but haven’t really found a great way that would help one the most. What I’ve been thinking is starting a fund, not a go fund me, but an account per say that anyone can donate money into and that money can then go to riders needing the help. You get a good chunk of people to donate a couple bucks here and there and we could really help some riders out. Thoughts? Comments? Concerns? Let me know, but like I said...go easy on me haha. If you all think it’s dumb, then it’s dumb and I’ll squash the idea.
|
Magic Man
12/14/2018 7:07pm
I'm in, send me your donation and I'll match it. ?
colintrax
Fantasy
2342nd
12/14/2018 7:08pm
Theres already a site to help privateers, although I dont remember the name of it...
drt410
12/14/2018 7:11pm Edited Date/Time 12/14/2018 7:12pm
I think this is a great idea. Go fund me, fund raisers, auctions...etc have raised lots of money for many causes. Maybe giving better known riders a chance to sell/auction gear, jerseys, autographed merch can help too. I think a website would help this a lot where it goes in depth about the purpose, how it works, the go fund me, riders... etc. It could kind of be like the riders that agree can get their page up on the site where you can donate directly to them, read their bio, results, sell stuff...etc. Hmm I may be on to something here.

How is it policed? Who gets what?
moto726
12/14/2018 7:17pm Edited Date/Time 12/14/2018 7:18pm
I thought there was an organization at one time that did something similar but I can’t find any info on one that currently exists. I think a lot can be done with this from getting riders money to making a way for guys needing mechanics for a race to get that help for a round or two.

How will it be policied...I can’t answer that yet to be honest. It would have to take some help on the riders parts by them submitting for stuff maybe? Same thing would go for who would receive what. A direct link between this and the riders would be ideal just to see exactly what their needs are. Which I’m sure some will say they need everything, but it will have to be filtered at some point.

All this is in the crawl stage, I’d like some feedback just to see if this could even work and if there would be interest. And if so I’d be looking for people to help organize this as it could get a little crazy for one guy to handle!

The Shop

drt410
12/14/2018 7:45pm
If its actually plausible Im sure there willl be interest.
moto726
12/14/2018 7:46pm
I think it could be for sure.
TymeMoto
12/14/2018 8:14pm
Who is in charge of distributing the funds and how are they paid to the riders? What riders will receive a portion of the donations? How often will the money be paid out?

Although the riders can declare the money a non-taxable personal gift, unless you setup the fund as a Registered Non-Profit Organization, the donors would not be allowed to claim any donated amount as a tax deduction (which would all buy rule out any large donors).
12/14/2018 8:19pm
This is what is wrong with our sport. The paying customers are not supposed to also pay to get riders to the races.

How about paying for someone to fight to get these guys a better return if they actually make the night program. That's money better spent.
drt410
12/14/2018 8:28pm
I dont think its whats wrong with our sport, I think its whats right with modern society. Logistics are logistics and the classes are absolutely stacked. The fast guys for the most part all have a ride somewhere, besides a couple past their prime 450 guys who still have gas in the tank but if you look at the list of how stacked that class is it makes sense. The fact that there could be a way to throw a few bucks toward your favorite privateer is whats right about modern day America... if it works, but either way the fact that godundme can help lots of people who would have otherwise been SOL before is great.
colintrax
Fantasy
2342nd
12/14/2018 8:34pm
Privateerlife.mx is the website I was thinking of
moto726
12/14/2018 8:48pm
This is what is wrong with our sport. The paying customers are not supposed to also pay to get riders to the races. How about paying...
This is what is wrong with our sport. The paying customers are not supposed to also pay to get riders to the races.

How about paying for someone to fight to get these guys a better return if they actually make the night program. That's money better spent.
But at the end of it isn’t that the same thing I’m talking about? Idea is to help riders get to the races and help them be successful on race day.
moto726
12/14/2018 8:59pm
TymeMoto wrote:
Who is in charge of distributing the funds and how are they paid to the riders? What riders will receive a portion of the donations? How...
Who is in charge of distributing the funds and how are they paid to the riders? What riders will receive a portion of the donations? How often will the money be paid out?

Although the riders can declare the money a non-taxable personal gift, unless you setup the fund as a Registered Non-Profit Organization, the donors would not be allowed to claim any donated amount as a tax deduction (which would all buy rule out any large donors).
I hate to just say I don’t know but this is all just an idea, still in the crawl stage if you will. We would have to have some way for the riders to maybe apply for whatever they need or a certain amount. Another idea could be taking money donated and buying parts, oil, fuel whatever and getting that to the rider. I’d think it would be a by round deal, or week to week. These are all great questions and exactly what I was looking for by putting this out there.

Post a reply to: Privateer help

The Latest