Pro MX Decline in the US?

MotoX85
9/3/2017 3:05pm
Supercross, the number 1 reason for US decline is posercross. But those posers showing up to watch in a comfy chair is more money. So basically greedy people are killing MX and they are gonna ride the money train till it crashes. Been saying it for years.

We need to go to an all outdoor schedule, not controlled by a family, on various tracks and soils, and have 2 or 3, one off, SX races per year in the fall.
Titan1
9/3/2017 3:12pm
rmoto003 wrote:
10 years from now, there will be 2 professional dirtbike racing series

AMA Supercross

FIM MXGP

Stamp it
AMA Supercross *an FIM world championship

The Shop

BMSOBx2
9/3/2017 3:23pm
Tomok wrote:
Good to know that electric bikes will not need to be worked on. I didn't know that.
Silas444 wrote:
And now yo you: I double-dog dare you to find a bent valve in an electric motor. Or a chipped piston. Or a broken cam chain...
And now yo you: I double-dog dare you to find a bent valve in an electric motor. Or a chipped piston. Or a broken cam chain. Or a clogged carb or injector. Look, anything with a motor can stop running (duh), but the number of moving parts in an electric motor that can fail is tiny compared to that of an internal combustion engine. Go down to Home Depot and buy a new lithium-ion drill if you don't believe me. They weigh about three pounds, and yet you can build a house with it and then throw it off the roof of that house a hundred times - and it will still work. The future is electric, my boys, and it will re-ignite this sport, for it will boil it down to the essence that makes it truly pleasurable: RACING IN THE DIRT. Stamp it.
Double dog dare is some serious shit man Laughing
TDeath21
9/3/2017 10:39pm
I think we are, for the first time in a long time, in an era where there aren't any all time greats racing on the AMA circuit. We went from McGrath to Carmichael to Reed to Stewart to Villopoto to Dungey. You'd have a strong argument if you said they're all top ten all time AMA riders.

So yes, I guess the AMA is down a bit right now. If Roczen and Musquin didn't come over, our field here would be very weak following Dungey's retirement.

SX with its always extending season and major money has obviously added the AMA MX scene getting weaker. There really wasn't a debate for a long time where the best riders in the world went. It was the AMA scene here in the states. It's not like that anymore. SX has gotten to be such an overwhelming portion of the AMA schedule that you can't just be an okay SX rider and great MX rider anymore. Tortelli and Albertyn are perfect examples. That was sustainable in their day as long as they got through SX injury free (something they often didn't do). Now, the top GP talent stays in the GPs unless they have been exposed to SX at a younger age and can actually compete and battle for SX championships like Roczen and Musquin can. If they don't fit that bill, then they stay in the GPs like Cairoli and Herlings, among many others.

It really sucks that MX fans don't get to see all the best going at it for an entire series. Any sport that doesn't have a way to get the best to always compete against each other is just frustrating for fans of that sport.
Paul333
9/3/2017 11:13pm Edited Date/Time 9/3/2017 11:15pm
rmoto003 wrote:
10 years from now, there will be 2 professional dirtbike racing series

AMA Supercross

FIM MXGP

Stamp it
I call BS.

Americans will never accept Youthstream scumbags running MX. Want man made one day use fairground tracks because; Unadilla, Glen Helen, Red Bud, Buds Creek, Southwick, etc, etc, cannot or will not pay over the top Youthstream fees? Want 20 rider gates because Youthstream only allows for so many teams, doesn't pay race purses, championship points fund, or anything else to the riders? Privateers are history...

Thats what the FIM/Youthstream does for it's series.

Trust me I love the GP's and have watched every single moto for the past five years BUT it ain't a well run series. Actually its the exact opposite. Only the amazing riders and teams make it great to watch. The FIM/Youthstream have just gotten lucky their product is so good it succeeds in spite of their greed, incompetence, and lack of understanding or even caring about the sport. It's only a selfish money grab for them.

Post a reply to: Pro MX Decline in the US?

The Latest