Props to Jason Lawrence

500guy
Edited Date/Time 1/24/2012 10:02am

Can't take away the fact the little shit can ride the wheels off a scooter.

I'm still not a fan of his off track antics.

JP
|
BobbyM
3/8/2009 3:36pm
Jordan421 wrote:
Bobby wont like this post at all.
unlike you sheeples, jay don't give a fuck what i think.

yer right jay....he can ride a scooter like few others can.
GoRide2
3/8/2009 3:38pm
Jordan421 wrote:
BobbyM wrote:

either do i. I actually wish you wouldn't post here anymore.
mxdad
3/8/2009 3:39pm
He blew by Allesi pretty easy. Next round will be more of a true indication of his desire. Great ride non the less.

The Shop

GoRide2
3/8/2009 3:40pm
mxdad wrote:
He blew by Allesi pretty easy. Next round will be more of a true indication of his desire. Great ride non the less.

I doubt next week's track will be anywhere near as difficult as Daytona.
Uncleof2
3/8/2009 3:46pm
J-Law has mad skills for sure. He will make the racing even more interesting and competitive. 2nd in your first supercross is amazing.
drmarkr
3/8/2009 3:49pm
Jordan421 wrote:
BobbyM wrote:

GoRide2 wrote:
We could take a poll and see who stays and who goes.....you included.....

Rooster
3/8/2009 3:51pm
I have to say I was impressed by Jason.

He rode well, was humble on the podium, admitted his flaws, was courteous to the winner and never once said "but uh" or "and uh".

For all the kid's personal flaws off the track, he's great on it and the podium. I hope he cleans up his act. At least to the point where it doesn't continue to impact his ability to get to the starting line every week.
J.F.S
3/8/2009 4:02pm Edited Date/Time 3/8/2009 4:04pm
He is an amazing rider, but it is as amazing that he hasnt yet learned how to find his way around the track after all the practicing he must have gone through to become so fast. LOL!
MOTOCOACH
3/8/2009 4:03pm
definitely a tremendous effort. after all the bad that surrounds this kid, it's nice to see some good. i only hope he takes this and runs with it in a positive way, and doesn't "celebrate" his victory in a negative way or do something to ruin the good vibe he now has going. backing up that ride next week would go a long way to restore some people's faith in him.
ProMed
3/8/2009 4:06pm
Rooster wrote:
I have to say I was impressed by Jason. He rode well, was humble on the podium, admitted his flaws, was courteous to the winner and...
I have to say I was impressed by Jason.

He rode well, was humble on the podium, admitted his flaws, was courteous to the winner and never once said "but uh" or "and uh".

For all the kid's personal flaws off the track, he's great on it and the podium. I hope he cleans up his act. At least to the point where it doesn't continue to impact his ability to get to the starting line every week.
Well said.
aminkman
3/8/2009 4:10pm
I was wondering where you were Jay.
GoRide2
3/8/2009 4:11pm
aminkman wrote:
I'm proud of him.
Jordan421
Fantasy
2602nd
3/8/2009 4:28pm
BobbyM wrote:

GoRide2 wrote:
drmarkr wrote:

This would be pretty interesting.
Could someone make this happen?
We can make this like Survivor.
jmar
3/8/2009 4:28pm

Jays not the kind of guy to dodge anything. He knows his stuff and never questioned JLs abilities. He just doesn’t like the kid’s bullshit.

No disrespect to Lawrence and he done well last night but when the tracks move back into the stadiums he isn’t going to be that big of a factor. Last nights track wasn’t very technical and that was a big plus for Lawrence.
GoRide2
3/8/2009 4:29pm
jmar wrote:
Jays not the kind of guy to dodge anything. He knows his stuff and never questioned JLs abilities. He just doesn’t like the kid’s bullshit. No...

Jays not the kind of guy to dodge anything. He knows his stuff and never questioned JLs abilities. He just doesn’t like the kid’s bullshit.

No disrespect to Lawrence and he done well last night but when the tracks move back into the stadiums he isn’t going to be that big of a factor. Last nights track wasn’t very technical and that was a big plus for Lawrence.
He turned the 5th fastest laptime in practice last week in that technical track.
croom mx
3/8/2009 4:34pm
Jordan421 wrote:
BobbyM wrote:

I think you all need to start thinking about JL as a top rider. JL is fast.
jmar
3/8/2009 4:35pm
jmar wrote:
Jays not the kind of guy to dodge anything. He knows his stuff and never questioned JLs abilities. He just doesn’t like the kid’s bullshit. No...

GoRide2 wrote:
He turned the 5th fastest laptime in practice last week in that technical track.
We will just have to wait and see. He has the balls and he's going to push it but my best guess is that he will either slow down or hit the ground.
Guzzler
3/8/2009 4:35pm
I was at the race and what J Law did was unreal. He looked fast all day and I will admit that really didn't think that he had that kind of ride in him. The kid is fast and I hope that he can back this ride up next week.
500guy
3/8/2009 4:59pm
aminkman wrote:
I was out in the Desert camping.

my text message box was full of J-Law updates. I love it.
R-acer
3/8/2009 5:02pm Edited Date/Time 3/8/2009 5:02pm
I think JLaw 's first 450 race performance is the biggest surprise so far this year.
jndmx
3/8/2009 5:03pm
Yup can't say I have always liked the extra-curricular foolishness but you have to respect the skills.
That was a great ride.

If he can perform like that on a regular basis, that would definitely make him a force to reckon with.
What do you think made the difference is my question?

GoRide2
3/8/2009 5:09pm
jndmx wrote:
Yup can't say I have always liked the extra-curricular foolishness but you have to respect the skills. That was a great ride. If he can perform...
Yup can't say I have always liked the extra-curricular foolishness but you have to respect the skills.
That was a great ride.

If he can perform like that on a regular basis, that would definitely make him a force to reckon with.

Jason Lawrence is a talent that is very unusual, even stewart-like. I think many people realize this but his off the track incidents make people not like him. The fact that many people hate him leads to them not standing him and it leads to them even ripping on his riding. That's when you get the "He won't even make the main" stuff. Lawrence, I still believe he is probably the best rider in the lites west. He has been an idiot this year and has not lived up to his potential. Also, you have to look at the fact that he was still amazing in the lites class with inferior equipment (Ozzy says so and he knows). The bikes in the 450 class are more equal so that won't hold him back as much until he gets a factory ride again (hopefully) if he can clean up his act a little.
jbomx363
3/8/2009 5:11pm
jndmx wrote:
Yup can't say I have always liked the extra-curricular foolishness but you have to respect the skills. That was a great ride. If he can perform...
That was a great ride.

The difference? Simple. 1st turn pile up cleaned out or had the top guys held up for awhile, not to mention the little excursion he took.

Still a good ride though.
croom mx
3/8/2009 5:14pm
IF JL can stay away from too much party than he is going to do very well . lets see?
motocross377
3/8/2009 5:22pm
BobbyM wrote:

GoRide2 wrote:
drmarkr wrote:

1 for bobbym
croom mx
3/8/2009 5:24pm
GoRide2 wrote:
drmarkr wrote:

1 for bobbym
Your nose is turning brown again!
motocross377
3/8/2009 5:25pm
drmarkr wrote:

1 for bobbym
croom mx wrote:
Your nose is turning brown again!
that was a vote against him
3/8/2009 5:30pm
Jordan421 wrote:
BobbyM wrote:

he can just ride it a lot better than alessi ever will
jndmx
3/8/2009 5:33pm
GoRide2 wrote:
Jason Lawrence is a talent that is very unusual, even stewart-like. I think many people realize this but his off the track incidents make people not...
Jason Lawrence is a talent that is very unusual, even stewart-like. I think many people realize this but his off the track incidents make people not like him. The fact that many people hate him leads to them not standing him and it leads to them even ripping on his riding. That's when you get the "He won't even make the main" stuff. Lawrence, I still believe he is probably the best rider in the lites west. He has been an idiot this year and has not lived up to his potential. Also, you have to look at the fact that he was still amazing in the lites class with inferior equipment (Ozzy says so and he knows). The bikes in the 450 class are more equal so that won't hold him back as much until he gets a factory ride again (hopefully) if he can clean up his act a little.
You got some good points there and I have to say that is what leads to my frustration in watching the kid.
Hate is way too strong of a term.

It's just frustrating when you see someone that has so much natural talent and all the other stuff takes him off the track.
It's a waste.
Nothing wrong with personality, that stuff in the press conference with him and Millsaps was a riot.

How many people would kill to have that kind of skill on a dirt scooter?

Post a reply to: Props to Jason Lawrence

The Latest