Provisional 2021 MXGP Calendar

|
luke11
Fantasy
2280th
11/11/2020 1:33am
Absolutely gutted there’s no British round. Anyone know why? Steve Dixon pulling out from hosting/organising?
mpy
11/11/2020 1:33am
Motofinne
11/11/2020 1:45am
That is one horrible calendar. MXdN mid season? Fuck off.
11/11/2020 1:48am
Motofinne wrote:
I know what you mean but I’m just glad there actually is a season. Looking at the Lommel round, to me that should always have the EMX125 & 250 as the support classes.

The Shop

Motofinne
11/11/2020 1:52am
Motofinne wrote:
I know what you mean but I’m just glad there actually is a season. Looking at the Lommel round, to me that should always have the...
I know what you mean but I’m just glad there actually is a season. Looking at the Lommel round, to me that should always have the EMX125 & 250 as the support classes.
Yeah i guess some racing is better than no racing.

Look at where EMX Open is racing, Orlyonok and Turkey. I just don't understand this. This is supposed to be the "cheap" class to race in and you put two rounds that are almost fly-away. 10 rider gates incoming....
Hegz
11/11/2020 2:04am
They need a round in New Zealand
Ray_MXS
11/11/2020 2:30am
Motofinne wrote:
Either have MXoN at the end or not at all. Stupid as all hell. People won't show up. I would never let my riders ride it if they are in any kind of championship points race.
mpy
11/11/2020 2:41am
WMX first race April 25th, 2nd race.... July 25th. 3 months later, wtf?
11/11/2020 2:45am Edited Date/Time 11/11/2020 2:54am
Motofinne wrote:
Yeah that looks bad. Two rounds at Russia, and months apart? I’ve not been as critical about the made up tracks or fly away races because they have been more or less occasional, but now it’s pretty much half the calendar. It has worked so far even with some critisism, but I think they are taking it over the line where it might start to hurt the series.
Also they should really take a look at how they structure the calendar for the support classes. It’s okay for the most part, but there are a few blunders that will make a dent in the amount of riders that will do full seasons. It makes it really hard for WMX, 125 and EMX Open classes when they have a few of those stand alone rounds here and another one there. Would be a lot easier to get riders to commit to the series if they would have them race 2 or 3 consecutive weekends a few times a year. And then look at some of the places they are going.
And MXoN could be scrapped right away. It’s never gonna work in the middle of the season. And at Imola of all places.
11/11/2020 2:48am
Hegz wrote:
They need a round in New Zealand
Would much rather see a NZ and Australia fly away tour than rounds at Russia, Turkey, China or Indonesia.
mmcmx
11/11/2020 3:25am
Motofinne wrote:
I guess it's to have AMA riders back in the race.
11/11/2020 3:27am
I'm glad there's no British round and instead a round in Oman. I hope the replace Lommel with a round in Saudi Arabia or maybe Afghanistan or Iraq. Will be great.
Robgvx
11/11/2020 3:29am
I'm glad there's no British round and instead a round in Oman. I hope the replace Lommel with a round in Saudi Arabia or maybe Afghanistan...
I'm glad there's no British round and instead a round in Oman. I hope the replace Lommel with a round in Saudi Arabia or maybe Afghanistan or Iraq. Will be great.
I hear Mogadishu is nice.
11/11/2020 3:29am
I'm glad there's no British round and instead a round in Oman. I hope the replace Lommel with a round in Saudi Arabia or maybe Afghanistan...
You couldn’t make it up.
Snapper
11/11/2020 3:52am
I'm surprised it's gone into October and even November again.
DeStouwer
11/11/2020 4:03am
Very optimistic schedule. I never see them race 20 GP's next year. Oman... yeah, okay, I'm going to give it a chance. But the second round in Russia makes no sense, like 2 rounds in Indonesia does neither.

Of all the tracks within a radius of 100km, they go with Imola. With another 3 GP's afterwards. No, it seems they haven't learnt anything. Turkey - China - MXoN week after week. That's a huge facepalm.
Bearuno
11/11/2020 4:24am
Marco15UK wrote:
Is there really any need to have 2 rounds in Russia??
Hey, Luongo The Drongo and Infront, want a good pay day from a Russian Oligarch, or two........ Whistling

As for rounds in Un Zud and OZ - we don't have any Mining Magnates (in OZ, at least, our answer to Russian Oligarchs - Un Zud? - I guess Peter Jackson might be sitting on multi, multi Millions) interested in MX, that will pay Giuseppe mega bucks.

Hell, with that proposed venue that was put up for Australia - a Trotting Track in Perth - to be a place for the MXDN / GP, we'd be better off not to have it here. That would be an embarrassment of epic proportions.

Go to Indonesia - yup, a massive market, and MX racing promotes Brands, more so than MX bikes - eg: there's a full line of Yamaha Scooters sold there that carry the 'MX" moniker. I've been to several GPs there, and had a great time. But they should be held in the same time frame as the China (and any other Asian rounds) , with finally, Serious , Not Insulting travel assistance from Luongo / Infront. He wants to think of it being like MotoGP, well, he bloody well should offer the sort of financial help that MotoGP Teams get. But no, he bleeds teams dry, and just lines his pockets.

And no, I have little sympathy for Luongo / Infront for whatever financial 'hit' they've taken this year. He's had decades of milking the sport.

You'd think the bastard would want a GP in England - and not ream Dixon for megabucks, after Dixon has done so many GPs, and the MXDN, with also, Steve being willing, at short notice to do this years MXDN (that, of course didn't happen, due to Covid 19). I hope somehow a Brit GP does end up happening next year.
11/11/2020 4:53am
Marco15UK wrote:
Bearuno wrote:
Hey, Luongo The Drongo and Infront, want a good pay day from a Russian Oligarch, or two........ :whistle: As for rounds in Un Zud and OZ...
Hey, Luongo The Drongo and Infront, want a good pay day from a Russian Oligarch, or two........ Whistling

As for rounds in Un Zud and OZ - we don't have any Mining Magnates (in OZ, at least, our answer to Russian Oligarchs - Un Zud? - I guess Peter Jackson might be sitting on multi, multi Millions) interested in MX, that will pay Giuseppe mega bucks.

Hell, with that proposed venue that was put up for Australia - a Trotting Track in Perth - to be a place for the MXDN / GP, we'd be better off not to have it here. That would be an embarrassment of epic proportions.

Go to Indonesia - yup, a massive market, and MX racing promotes Brands, more so than MX bikes - eg: there's a full line of Yamaha Scooters sold there that carry the 'MX" moniker. I've been to several GPs there, and had a great time. But they should be held in the same time frame as the China (and any other Asian rounds) , with finally, Serious , Not Insulting travel assistance from Luongo / Infront. He wants to think of it being like MotoGP, well, he bloody well should offer the sort of financial help that MotoGP Teams get. But no, he bleeds teams dry, and just lines his pockets.

And no, I have little sympathy for Luongo / Infront for whatever financial 'hit' they've taken this year. He's had decades of milking the sport.

You'd think the bastard would want a GP in England - and not ream Dixon for megabucks, after Dixon has done so many GPs, and the MXDN, with also, Steve being willing, at short notice to do this years MXDN (that, of course didn't happen, due to Covid 19). I hope somehow a Brit GP does end up happening next year.
British GP in 2021? No point scheduling one; we'll still be going in and out of lockdown and have quarantine in place for half the world next summer with these clowns in charge.
DonM
11/11/2020 6:03am
If history has shown us anything 40% of these venues will change....
Renner153
Fantasy
3583rd
11/11/2020 9:09am
Whats the over under on how many times the schedule changes before the first round?
line-up
11/11/2020 10:19am
Marco15UK wrote:
The second Russia round is just 200 miles away from the Finnish round location
line-up
11/11/2020 10:21am
Marco15UK wrote:
the second Russia round is just 200 miles away from the Finnish round location
11/11/2020 10:38am
Cortami79 wrote:
Mxon at Imola.. lol
Of all the tracks that could’ve chosen & they go with a man made one.
CoccoBill wrote:
Wasn't it supposed to be in Maggiora?
This is bullshit. Maggiora was already scheduled for MXoN 2021 and is a actual motocross track unlike imola. Only consolation is the AMA MX schedule will probably get pushed back/run into the fall so USA won’t be there regardless. Sad as that event has always been my favorite of the year.
Anton_514
11/11/2020 1:48pm
Of all the tracks that could’ve chosen & they go with a man made one.
CoccoBill wrote:
Wasn't it supposed to be in Maggiora?
This is bullshit. Maggiora was already scheduled for MXoN 2021 and is a actual motocross track unlike imola. Only consolation is the AMA MX schedule will...
This is bullshit. Maggiora was already scheduled for MXoN 2021 and is a actual motocross track unlike imola. Only consolation is the AMA MX schedule will probably get pushed back/run into the fall so USA won’t be there regardless. Sad as that event has always been my favorite of the year.
As much as we love the vibe of crammed hillsides and all that goes with the MXON, InFront wants to make the event easy for anyone to come and watch. Assen was the trial run.
JMX82
11/11/2020 10:46pm
Whole calendar is total shit show. Lots of temporary tracks build on flat piece of ground in questionable locations. I don't see how discarding traditional motocross tracks will help the sport to grow.

Italy has many world class motocross tracks with long traditions and still they choose to have MXON in Imola is beyond my understanding. Big part of the unique atmosphere of the event comes from standing on a muddy hillside with fans all over the world blasting their chainsaws doing crazy shit. It just not the same when you are sitting in grandstand far away from the track and need binoculars just to identify the riders...

Post a reply to: Provisional 2021 MXGP Calendar

The Latest