crowe176
5/5/2020 9:13am Edited Date/Time 5/21/2020 1:47pm
Poll

Who’s #1

Choices
|
Ted722
5/5/2020 9:18am
#1 at what? They're both #1 at delivering content to their intended demographic. Strong followings and much crossover. Win / Win for the moto community.
Moto520
5/5/2020 9:27am
Two different deals. Whiskey interviews one guy and goes really in depth with that interview. The other is something different. Both are excellent.
dl117
Fantasy
2546th
5/5/2020 9:34am
I listen to them both religiously, 2 totally different shows. my 14 year old loves them also, teaching him the history of some of the oldschool riders

The Shop

Moto Mofo
5/5/2020 9:40am
Two totally different things... love them both for different reasons.

That being said, I’m glad the Whiskey Throttle Show doesn’t spend a lot of time speculating on quads, talking to some baseball guy, discussing e-bikes and hot tubs, or critique Darkside’s performances. Love the Pulp Show, but if it was condensed with less fluff, it would be even better.

5/5/2020 9:40am
Pulp is still the go to; but the long form interviews that Whiskey Throttle does are fantastic
5/5/2020 9:47am
Moto Mofo wrote:
Two totally different things... love them both for different reasons. That being said, I’m glad the Whiskey Throttle Show doesn’t spend a lot of time speculating...

That being said, I’m glad the Whiskey Throttle Show doesn’t spend a lot of time speculating on quads, talking to some baseball guy, discussing e-bikes and hot tubs, or critique Darkside’s performances. Love the Pulp Show, but if it was condensed with less fluff, it would be even better.

+1. I never miss a Pulp show, but cutting it to maybe 3 hours would greatly improve the product IMO.
MX304
Fantasy
3704th
5/5/2020 9:58am
Two completely different formats, so its a bit of an apples to oranges comparison. I listen to both.
aeffertz
5/5/2020 10:00am
Moto Mofo wrote:
Two totally different things... love them both for different reasons. That being said, I’m glad the Whiskey Throttle Show doesn’t spend a lot of time speculating...

+1. I never miss a Pulp show, but cutting it to maybe 3 hours would greatly improve the product IMO.
No way. That’s the stuff that gives the show some flavor and keeps it entertaining. Some of best moments of the show would be considered “fluff”.
BUTWHY?
5/5/2020 10:08am
I feel like Pulp has covered a lot of the interviews Whiskey Throttle has released (obviously not all of them but a good majority), it feels like a repetitive stories.

I do lean more towards pulp simply for the fact that Steve let’s the person tell there story, Ping and GL constantly interrupt to answer their own questions.
Johnny Ringo
5/5/2020 10:25am
Quad gate has saved us during this quarantine much like Tiger King did. God Bless PulpMX
scott_nz
Fantasy
597th
5/5/2020 10:41am Edited Date/Time 5/5/2020 10:45am
i think it would be a better comparison to compare Whiskey Throttle to Steve's Pulp MX one on one interviews, the Pulp MX Shows are a way different deal, with multiple guests, and call ins etc,

I like both shows, but tend to think Steve does more back work for the one on one interviews, having results at hand for all the seasons of guests, and asking very specific questions about certain events, also It has got way better from the early shows, but I feel Langston buts in a lot, and tends to try compare everything back to something he has done personally,

I listen to both, but struggle to get through every bit of content now anyway, i'm stoked both are doing it, as you can never have to much content, its a shame about the beef between Ping and Steve, as Ping (and Langston) was a good co host on Pulp, but if they are just going to bicker about politics, its probably better they don't be in the same room,

edit - maybe Ping and Steve would work if GuyB was the moderator disallowing any political talk, he does a pretty good job around here with it Wink

Motoxdoc
5/5/2020 10:54am Edited Date/Time 5/5/2020 10:57am
crowe176 wrote:
Different formats but they’re both good at what they do. They talk with race industry people and competitors...but it’s not a competition between the two; why make it one?

That right...there’s no races going on. Nevermind, I figured out the answer to my own question.
5/5/2020 11:03am
Can’t wait to see how bent out of shape ping gets after seeing this!! Let’s not forget guys, ping talked shit about us “vitards” for years on various videos, articles, pods, etc. Now he relies on us vital users to give him clicks on his weekly segments.

Regarding the two shows, pulpmx is just can’t miss content week after week. It has tons of comedic value as well. Whiskey throttle is great too! But I would put it into a different category. Usually only listen when I’ve ran out of pulp shows to listen too though.
zookrider62!
Fantasy
975th
5/5/2020 11:18am
BUTWHY? wrote:
I feel like Pulp has covered a lot of the interviews Whiskey Throttle has released (obviously not all of them but a good majority), it feels...
I feel like Pulp has covered a lot of the interviews Whiskey Throttle has released (obviously not all of them but a good majority), it feels like a repetitive stories.

I do lean more towards pulp simply for the fact that Steve let’s the person tell there story, Ping and GL constantly interrupt to answer their own questions.
Listen to the Metzger interview, it is obvious that Ping and Langston are working on letting the guest do the talking. You hear very little from them outside of asking questions
jpmoney57
5/5/2020 11:25am
Mathes's rant of the week this week about ping was so good, I know there is two sides to every story but ping came across like an absolute douche. Lying about figures and saying steve greases his pockets for the live shows was a low blow.
Moto_Geek
Fantasy
763rd
5/5/2020 11:27am
Pulpmx, but Matthis is bit grumpy old man syndrome lately. Might check out whisky or racer x live instagram
BigBoreFan58
5/5/2020 11:32am Edited Date/Time 5/5/2020 12:40pm
I seldom listen to pulp, and never live. It's just too long. But I do listen to Steve's 1on1's, those are good.

Whiskey show is too long also.
yak651
Fantasy
168th
5/5/2020 11:45am
Can’t wait to see how bent out of shape ping gets after seeing this!! Let’s not forget guys, ping talked shit about us “vitards” for years...
Can’t wait to see how bent out of shape ping gets after seeing this!! Let’s not forget guys, ping talked shit about us “vitards” for years on various videos, articles, pods, etc. Now he relies on us vital users to give him clicks on his weekly segments.

Regarding the two shows, pulpmx is just can’t miss content week after week. It has tons of comedic value as well. Whiskey throttle is great too! But I would put it into a different category. Usually only listen when I’ve ran out of pulp shows to listen too though.
This for me also. I only listen when in my truck, so usually takes almost entire week to get thru pulp. So if I go somewhere on the weekends that's when I find time for the Whiskey Throttle show. Like both but listening to Pulp is the priority and then fill in downtime with WT. Will give credit, GL seems to have improved his "patience" with butting into the guest telling their story.
5/5/2020 12:05pm
Big fan of The Whiskey Throttle Show here. The long format is great....this allows so much background story to be told. I wouldn't change a thing....even the "interrupting".... the format is good as is, just like guys sitting around bullshitting. Ping, Grant and Donnie do a great job.

I can only take so much Matthes.

Barrett57
5/5/2020 12:17pm
Can’t wait to see how bent out of shape ping gets after seeing this!! Let’s not forget guys, ping talked shit about us “vitards” for years...

I can't really find ping at fault for talking shit about us vitards to be honest, at times is this place is something else 😂
RACERX69
5/5/2020 12:35pm
Big fan of The Whiskey Throttle Show here. The long format is great....this allows so much background story to be told. I wouldn't change a thing....even...
Big fan of The Whiskey Throttle Show here. The long format is great....this allows so much background story to be told. I wouldn't change a thing....even the "interrupting".... the format is good as is, just like guys sitting around bullshitting. Ping, Grant and Donnie do a great job.

I can only take so much Matthes.

^^This^^

Luv's me some Whiskey Throttle. Getting perspective from guy's like Ping and GL, who've raced at the top level of the sport, gives them a level of creedence Mathis can only dream of.
CM_84
5/5/2020 12:41pm
Both are great.

I’m a big Pulp fan, and listen to every show. I enjoy the humour and variety. Quad arguments and baseball guy included.

The Whiskey Throttle show is the only other show I listen to, and very much enjoy it. But it’s probably a bit more dependent on the guest in my opinion. But with a good guest it’s a great listen also.

Having these types of shows really make me enjoy the sport more than ever before.
These shows put such a focus on the personalities, that it gives you so much more to look out for at the races.
And that includes the top guys and struggling privateers alike.
Hudd_421
5/5/2020 12:50pm
Glad to not see a ton of bashing one pod or the other on this thread. I’ve been die hard Pulp/Matthes since day one, but appreciate most other Pods. I think Steve does the best overall work but I’ve enjoyed and listened to almost all Whiskey Throttle shows, DMXS, Main Event. All great, all do things better than the others at times.

I’m a podcast guy, I listen when I commute, drive to the track, walk the dog, mow the lawn, etc... the more the better. Just started listening to Adam Carolla lately for non moto. A nice current events type show to break up the 100% moto content. I’ve been more and more selective about Rogan. Used to listen to all, now only listen to guests that interest me.
mark_swart
5/5/2020 12:51pm
I like them both and think they both fill really cool and specific niches. But they are both a lap ahead of any other podcasts, that's for sure.
akmx17
5/5/2020 1:10pm
Who cares they’re both free
5/5/2020 1:54pm
Barrett57 wrote:
I can't really find ping at fault for talking shit about us vitards to be honest, at times is this place is something else 😂
1000% this ^^^^^ ...and I seriously doubt he was lumping everyone into his comments. There are a lot of great people on this board. ... and of course, there are some real douchenozzles here. I'm sure the latter is where his comments were aimed.

Lightning78
5/5/2020 2:10pm
Moto Mofo wrote:

Over the past year Steve has spent a ludicrous amount of time doing sponsor reads or weaving ads into the show. The e bike talk is all about selling intense bikes. His guests ...at least one every show is about a sponsor plug and I feel like the opinion unbiased that got him to where he is has been very diluted. 20min commercial breaks and easily another 3-5mins of sponsor reads soon as he comes back in, not to mention show guests and intermittent sponsor reads have become WAY too much.

I get it, he has to pay the Bill's but jesus it seems to have become very excessive like his Canadian pharmacy insulin reads lately.

Whiskey throttle is much more content filled at the moment, I'm not hating on steve but dam the show has certainly changed.
DKmxFAN
5/5/2020 2:21pm
jpmoney57 wrote:
Mathes's rant of the week this week about ping was so good, I know there is two sides to every story but ping came across like...
Mathes's rant of the week this week about ping was so good, I know there is two sides to every story but ping came across like an absolute douche. Lying about figures and saying steve greases his pockets for the live shows was a low blow.
I gotta hear this

Post a reply to: PulpMX vs Whiskey Throttle

The Latest