RC Interview on RacerX

Crush
What you think? Kind of wish he went a bit harder on the "what we need to change thing"... It's fine if Kenny Watson complains, I'm sure people have heard him do that for years, but surely if RC says this is fucked, someone would have a think.

http://racerxonline.com/2017/09/18/the-conversation-ricky-carmichael
|
Panic_Rev
9/18/2017 9:08am
I want to know Reed's response on RC's comments about him still racing. I'm sure RC wanted to say something along the lines of Reed needs to quit because he can only get top 10 now. Maybe Reed is embracing the long career and enjoying being competitive even if he isn't a podium guy every week? Or maybe Reed believes he is a podium guy every week.

Old-Man
9/18/2017 9:13am
Cool Interview, Forgot about the Lamson thing. Guess it came down to he's been waiting in line longer than RC. How things have changed.
jeffro503
9/18/2017 9:25am
Panic_Rev wrote:
I want to know Reed's response on RC's comments about him still racing. I'm sure RC wanted to say something along the lines of Reed needs...
I want to know Reed's response on RC's comments about him still racing. I'm sure RC wanted to say something along the lines of Reed needs to quit because he can only get top 10 now. Maybe Reed is embracing the long career and enjoying being competitive even if he isn't a podium guy every week? Or maybe Reed believes he is a podium guy every week.

Haven't read RC's comments yet but as far as Reed goes....I think he still enjoys the racing aspect of it. I'm sure there are a lot of little headaches in the background , but he's still out there giving it hell. Personally I think Chad is kind of an inspiration as far a vet guy like me is concerned. Weather he fights for podiums or just top 10....I think it's pretty incredible he still has that kind of drive.
scooter5002
9/18/2017 9:46am
LaRocco raced until he was 35, was putting in top 10 rides, and he was celebrated at the end of the run. Are people supposed to quit, just because some other retired guy says so? If Chad wants to ride, then ride. Ricky should STFU.

The Shop

jeffro503
9/18/2017 9:52am
LaRocco raced until he was 35, was putting in top 10 rides, and he was celebrated at the end of the run. Are people supposed to...
LaRocco raced until he was 35, was putting in top 10 rides, and he was celebrated at the end of the run. Are people supposed to quit, just because some other retired guy says so? If Chad wants to ride, then ride. Ricky should STFU.
Dowd too in some select nationals. Think he was damn near 40. If you can still do it and have fun and make some money...why quit?
Ted722
9/18/2017 9:59am
Any chance the Hart and Huntington team could be resurrected?
ATKpilot99
9/18/2017 10:05am
LaRocco raced until he was 35, was putting in top 10 rides, and he was celebrated at the end of the run. Are people supposed to...
jeffro503 wrote:
Dowd too in some select nationals. Think he was damn near 40. If you can still do it and have fun and make some money...why quit?
Dowd raced well into his 40s
Flip109
9/18/2017 10:08am
Panic_Rev wrote:
I want to know Reed's response on RC's comments about him still racing. I'm sure RC wanted to say something along the lines of Reed needs...

jeffro503 wrote:
Haven't read RC's comments yet but as far as Reed goes....I think he still enjoys the racing aspect of it. I'm sure there are a lot...
Haven't read RC's comments yet but as far as Reed goes....I think he still enjoys the racing aspect of it. I'm sure there are a lot of little headaches in the background , but he's still out there giving it hell. Personally I think Chad is kind of an inspiration as far a vet guy like me is concerned. Weather he fights for podiums or just top 10....I think it's pretty incredible he still has that kind of drive.
X2. If he loves it and is competitive more power to him!
stingray
9/18/2017 10:47am
Crush wrote:
What you think? Kind of wish he went a bit harder on the "what we need to change thing"... It's fine if Kenny Watson complains, I'm...
What you think? Kind of wish he went a bit harder on the "what we need to change thing"... It's fine if Kenny Watson complains, I'm sure people have heard him do that for years, but surely if RC says this is fucked, someone would have a think.

Same here. My guess is if you got him off the record he might have more to say about the reliance on the energy drink sponsors, but not a chance as long as he's still cashing those Monster checks.
scooter5002
9/18/2017 11:04am
jeffro503 wrote:
ATKpilot99 wrote:
Dowd raced well into his 40s
Watched Dowd race Gopher Dunes, after he retired from the AMA, top 3 finish, I believe. One of our pros, probably 20 years his junior, said how cool it was, to race one of his childhood heroes. Finshed right behind him, in the one moto.
tickleme20
9/18/2017 11:50am
Panic_Rev wrote:

From the Chad Reed interviews I've read/heard, it seems Chad still has Championship (or at least top 5) ambitions. Really, 2017 marked a pretty steep decline for him, because in '15/'16 he still looked pretty hot out there. So I can understand why he might write 2017 off as a fluke/bike thing, even if the rest of us (maybe rightly) see it as an age thing.

Personally I think he's still a better racer even at 35 than a lot of guys 10+ years younger. I don't see any reason for him to retire if he still feels healthy; he's still top 10 material.

As for a championship? That ship has sailed.
toroP
9/18/2017 12:10pm Edited Date/Time 9/18/2017 9:48pm
Panic_Rev wrote:

Classic
RC spoke clearly about Reed. But yet folks want to attach there opinions to a more credible voice. "I'm sure RC wanted to say...". Vital lameness.
gt80rider
9/18/2017 1:01pm
Sorry, not a fan at all of RC being Uber pc now days. He is the freakn Goat, he doesn't have to lie or candy coat the things he says... For example, when commenting on bike sales, he makes it sound like they aren't too bad, but could use some improvement.... Seriously??? Bikes sales are in the shitter... Anyone who has stepped foot in a dealer in the last 2 (really closer to ten) years could tell u that....
IceMan446
9/18/2017 1:44pm
gt80rider wrote:
Sorry, not a fan at all of RC being Uber pc now days. He is the freakn Goat, he doesn't have to lie or candy coat...
Sorry, not a fan at all of RC being Uber pc now days. He is the freakn Goat, he doesn't have to lie or candy coat the things he says... For example, when commenting on bike sales, he makes it sound like they aren't too bad, but could use some improvement.... Seriously??? Bikes sales are in the shitter... Anyone who has stepped foot in a dealer in the last 2 (really closer to ten) years could tell u that....
When would you think the last time he stepped foot in a dealership was??

He doesn't strike me as a guy that is all into the details, more so just focusing on whats right in front of him.
9/18/2017 2:09pm
I was really bummed when I heard that RCH was closing their doors. Then even more saddened by the fact that he is now going to focus more attention on calling races and conducting interviews....... Great guy but his interviews and "insight" are really really hard to listen to.
Panic_Rev
9/18/2017 2:13pm
Panic_Rev wrote:

toroP wrote:
Classic RC spoke clearly about Reed. But yet folks want to attach there opinions to a more credible voice. "I'm sure RC wanted to say...". Vital...
Classic
RC spoke clearly about Reed. But yet folks want to attach there opinions to a more credible voice. "I'm sure RC wanted to say...". Vital lameness.
Sorry I have an opinion. You say he spoke clearly and to me it read like he was walking the line of PC and what he really felt.

Feel free to sign out if my comment is to lame.
9/18/2017 2:19pm
Crush wrote:
What you think? Kind of wish he went a bit harder on the "what we need to change thing"... It's fine if Kenny Watson complains, I'm...

He'd probably speak like Kenny Watson on the topic if he was nearly as involved in it as Kenny was. I have no facts to back up my claim but from the outside looking in RC's name was just put on it and he had very little involvement with the team.
bvm111
9/18/2017 2:55pm
you didn't read the interview... did you?
peelout
9/18/2017 3:10pm
anyone else get a chub when he talked about racing the 250 two-stroke in Australia?
scooter5002
9/18/2017 5:00pm
bvm111 wrote:
you didn't read the interview... did you?
It was painful, but I did, as much as I could take.
coolhand
9/18/2017 5:21pm
Rick is dead on all issues, he has a lot of respect for Chad and would like to see him top (3) but knows
that window is closed, you need to understand that Rick never raced for even 2nd place.
The GOAT knows the game in and out why question that?

The amount of funds it takes to run a team of RCH quality would astound most on this board, hell guys
they did it with a 8 year old bike and a kid from Europe... Damn.

Crush
9/18/2017 5:58pm
Crush wrote:

He'd probably speak like Kenny Watson on the topic if he was nearly as involved in it as Kenny was. I have no facts to back...
He'd probably speak like Kenny Watson on the topic if he was nearly as involved in it as Kenny was. I have no facts to back up my claim but from the outside looking in RC's name was just put on it and he had very little involvement with the team.
Surely he'd have to be aware though?

It's fucking madness the position the teams and riders are in right now. Someone is making money.
BMSOBx2
9/18/2017 6:16pm
Panic_Rev wrote:

toroP wrote:
Classic RC spoke clearly about Reed. But yet folks want to attach there opinions to a more credible voice. "I'm sure RC wanted to say...". Vital...
Classic
Panic_Rev wrote:
Sorry I have an opinion. You say he spoke clearly and to me it read like he was walking the line of PC and what he...
Sorry I have an opinion. You say he spoke clearly and to me it read like he was walking the line of PC and what he really felt.

Feel free to sign out if my comment is to lame.
Agree. Didnt get much from that. Far from being candid.
kzizok
Fantasy
2034th
9/18/2017 8:04pm
RC was so good at racing a dirt bike.
mauidex
9/18/2017 8:10pm
total bullshit.............not at all the "interview" johnson prefaced before the questions started............total conflict of interest on any front and on any issue addressed in the interview............and no clue of what is really going on in motorsports these days as sponsors are dropping nascar like a fat chick with herpes..............maybe someday everyone in any type of horsepower role will get their head out of their ass and say what really needs to be saidWoohooWoohoo
BAMX
9/18/2017 8:12pm
coolhand wrote:
Rick is dead on all issues, he has a lot of respect for Chad and would like to see him top (3) but knows that window...
Rick is dead on all issues, he has a lot of respect for Chad and would like to see him top (3) but knows
that window is closed, you need to understand that Rick never raced for even 2nd place.
The GOAT knows the game in and out why question that?

The amount of funds it takes to run a team of RCH quality would astound most on this board, hell guys
they did it with a 8 year old bike and a kid from Europe... Damn.

The thing with Reed is that his window has closed on top 3's a number of times. Then, he gets his shit together, finds inspiration, finds new settings or whatever and puts it on the box. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if he got good results next year. Do I think it will happen?...no Would I be at all shocked if it did?...no
bobojim
9/18/2017 8:26pm
As long as he keeps out of the way when he is being lapped, thats fine. Tongue

Post a reply to: RC Interview on RacerX

The Latest