11/12/2009 6:35pm
Details please? #4?
oshow
11/12/2009 6:36pm
New team, new number

The Shop

JOHN CHOATE
11/12/2009 6:50pm
Word is that Ricky has his own team for next year and is on track to run all of the truck series races(no more limited schedule). Engines are rumored to be through K. Harvick.
Wandell
11/12/2009 7:33pm
Shake-n-bake Ricky, shake-n-bake!!!Woohoo
olddude
11/12/2009 8:45pm
I don't think a 4x8 will fit in the back of that pickup.
gt80rider
11/12/2009 9:19pm
ugggh....... much Much rather seem him running a complete TORC schedule.... he'd be better at it, probably win right off the bat, and would help take that series to the next level..... oh and, bet he could get his customary #4 there.....
Sunhouse
11/13/2009 1:32am
So he`s driving the Redneck championship lites class now? What happened to the Redneck class aka NASCAR?
DrSweden
11/13/2009 1:47am
Odd looking vehicle. Looks NASCAR-ish. What kind of class is this? How did it got invented? It's a pick-up? How is it rated compared to NASCAR? If you win this series, how many other goofy looking cars do you have to drive before you enter a NASCAR or something?

Is RC any good, or do you get the feeling it wont happen? If he starts his own team next year, doesn’t that indicate something negative? People usually don’t do that so early in their careers?
Kinetic1
11/13/2009 3:37am
Car racing is a little different. Lot's of guys seem to be starting their own teams.
devonb
11/13/2009 4:56am
I wonder if Nascar would let him put a + sign between the 3 and 1?
neysbo
11/13/2009 5:09am
DrSweden wrote:
Odd looking vehicle. Looks NASCAR-ish. What kind of class is this? How did it got invented? It's a pick-up? How is it rated compared to NASCAR...
Odd looking vehicle. Looks NASCAR-ish. What kind of class is this? How did it got invented? It's a pick-up? How is it rated compared to NASCAR? If you win this series, how many other goofy looking cars do you have to drive before you enter a NASCAR or something?

Is RC any good, or do you get the feeling it wont happen? If he starts his own team next year, doesn’t that indicate something negative? People usually don’t do that so early in their careers?
The Truck Series is 2 levels below Nascar. Next series up is called the Nationwide series and it looks like he will be doing a few of those.

His results certainly need to improve or his career will be short lived. Gotta be tough for him as his results have been mid pack at best. He could be racing the Outdoor series here and still winning.
cdm806
Fantasy
1404th
11/13/2009 10:31am
neysbo wrote:
The Truck Series is 2 levels below Nascar. Next series up is called the Nationwide series and it looks like he will be doing a few...
The Truck Series is 2 levels below Nascar. Next series up is called the Nationwide series and it looks like he will be doing a few of those.

His results certainly need to improve or his career will be short lived. Gotta be tough for him as his results have been mid pack at best. He could be racing the Outdoor series here and still winning.
NASCAR is the sanctioning body, ala AMA. The premier class is Sprint Cup, not Nascar. The Camping World Truck Series is NASCAR's 3rd tier, behind Sprint Cup and Nationwide.
ck95
11/13/2009 11:54am
Word is that Ricky has his own team for next year and is on track to run all of the truck series races(no more limited schedule)...
Word is that Ricky has his own team for next year and is on track to run all of the truck series races(no more limited schedule). Engines are rumored to be through K. Harvick.
He starts with his new team this weekend, still running KHI equipment.

"Turner Motorsports, LLC has announced former professional motocross and supercross racer Ricky Carmichael has joined the organization to pilot the #31 Monster Energy Chevrolet Silverado in the final two NASCAR Camping World Truck Series events of the 2009 season, at Phoenix International Raceway and Homestead-Miami Speedway. In addition, Carmichael has signed a multi-year contract and will compete full-time in the 2010 Truck Series season for owners Steve and Sandra Turner and the Mooresville, North Carolina-based team. In an effort to gain maximum seat time, Carmichael will also participate in 10 ARCA RE/MAX Series races throughout the 2010 season. Sponsorship details, truck number and personnel will be released at a later date.(Turner Motorsports PR)(11-10-2009)"
DrSweden
11/13/2009 12:08pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 6:55pm
neysbo wrote:
The Truck Series is 2 levels below Nascar. Next series up is called the Nationwide series and it looks like he will be doing a few...

Tnx for the reply. I don't think it's on the map he will return, but just the thought makes me jiggle! Maybe he could finally do the GPs!!!

Yeah, I know I'm dreaming, but made me glad for a minute!!! Smile

I don't wish him to fail, but it wouldn't be a failure he stopped this nonsense and went back to mx where he belongs and could prosper in any way he chose. Maybe staring team like PC or something? The factories seems less these days anyway. PC, LM manage this shit and RC has so much to offer. If LarryB can succeed, I think RC could as well! I don't want to elaborate that any further! Wink
TeamGreen
11/13/2009 1:03pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 6:55pm
It's all about the $.

R.C.'s Monster deal didn't seem to have the necessary "timing", and...possibly..."funding", to keep things rollin' "Full-Time" at KHI; so, R.C. ends up at Turner.

It seems Monster is sure about staying involved in NASCAR.

Maybe RockStar will show some signs of goin' racin' over there?

Blake
11/13/2009 2:15pm
I'd be interested if it was Rally or F1. Any no talent fat ass can get around a track if you have an experienced crew.
Adam43
11/13/2009 2:50pm
Not good. Harvick's team is the premier one in the series....to get dropped and/or not continue with them isn't a great sign.

I'm glad RC found a ride, but I hope he chose well. It's always a crapshoot with these new teams. Someone would always be happy to take his Monster money. The fact that they plan to run him in some ARCA is a good sign, because Ricky really needs more seat time than anything else right now.
harescrambled
Fantasy
1942nd
11/13/2009 2:58pm
RC should race the GNCC or WORCS series...with his drive he'd clean up.
DAG
11/15/2009 10:52am
RC should be ok. The team is pretty well funded and appears to be doing things right so far. KHI demands alot of money which isn't always transfered back into the equipment. One has to remember that KHI is a business for Delana and Kevin so they take some off the top. At his new team more money will go to the racing. I'm glad his sponsor didn't get stolen in today's economy. Stock car teams are ruthless at that. Seat time is the biggest thing he needs but so far he has done a good job of keeping trucks in one piece and when you are learning that is very important. A rookie can put his team really behind if they are building/repairing trucks every week instead of focussing on performance. it also really drains the morale of the crew when they know all their hard work is getting wadded up every week. Ricky's personality and understanding of how valuable every team member is to the organization will go a long way for his sucess. I think running a part time schedule was good for him to see if he really wants to put in the dedication to run a whole series. Now it appears he is ready to focus on it and no one on the grid will have his determiantion. Contrary to popular belief not any fat ass can get in and run consitant every week. The top ten in the truck series are seasoned racers who have alot of skill. Most of them can get in a Cup car and run decent. The truck series has the best racing out of all three and I am glad that we will see Ricky at every event in 2010.
kevin204
Fantasy
2865th
11/15/2009 12:48pm
RC should race the GNCC or WORCS series...with his drive he'd clean up.
If he was going to do that he would have never retired from MX/SX in the first place.
flarider
11/15/2009 12:56pm
Blake wrote:
I'd be interested if it was Rally or F1. Any no talent fat ass can get around a track if you have an experienced crew.
An absolutely ignorant statement and evidence of how little you understand of not only NASCAR, but auto racing in general.

and listen to DAG, he knows what he's talking about
Blake
11/16/2009 1:53am
Blake wrote:
flarider wrote:
An absolutely ignorant statement and evidence of how little you understand of not only NASCAR, but auto racing in general. and listen to DAG, he knows...
An absolutely ignorant statement and evidence of how little you understand of not only NASCAR, but auto racing in general.

and listen to DAG, he knows what he's talking about
Come on man, proof is that no one from F1 can jump in a Nascar and win, but can be right in the mix, yet anyone from Nascar wouldnt even attempt to compete, let alone win in F1.

Fer christs sakes, a god damned snowmobile racer got the pole at Atlanta I believe, as a Rookie!

But I digress.

Big Lenny
11/16/2009 2:00am
Word is that Ricky has his own team for next year and is on track to run all of the truck series races(no more limited schedule)...
A rookie can put his team really behind if they are building/repairing trucks every week instead of focussing on performance

Is this why he's in a truck now?...
oshow
11/16/2009 7:37am
oshow wrote:
[img]http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f124/oshow28/untitled.jpg[/img]
I haven't heard anything about Ricky putting together his own team, I don't see where he would want to put his own money at risk like that. But his new team with Turner looks to be well run and willing to spend the $$ to race for the front.
pilotdude
11/16/2009 8:14am
I love Ricky and have ever since I first saw him race in 97. Greatest motocross/supercross racer of all time easily and I wish him only the very best. Having said that, it is kind of sad to see him go from a living moto god to just another mid-pack guy, sitting in a car (or truck), turning left.

I would much rather have seen him stick with the sport he knows and loves in an Everts type of role or something similar. God knows the sport could use him.

Post a reply to: RC's new ride

The Latest