RIP Clayton Haney - KC Nitro Arenacross

motoxxx599
Fantasy
985th
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bs6wOjAB2UV/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

From Bryan Jackson IG:

bryanjackson25
Friday night I lined up with a 26 year old young man named Clayton Haney #27. It was Round 15 of the @nitroarenacross at the Hale Arena in Kansas City. It would be Clayton’s final race as he crashed during the race and his injuries were just too much to overcome. From my understanding, Clayton was a believer and we all can take comfort in that - Praise God. According to results, Clayton was fond of AX racing and specifically racing at this particular facility in Kansas City. He was a top contender in many of his races and even had 2 podium finishes the day of his passing. He apparently lived a bold and vibrant life and loved sharing his happiness with those around him. I was blessed to pray over him after his accident, along with some of his family and friends, sharing Gods promises of love and hope. The riders Chapel Service on Friday morning, before the accident, was a reminder to all attending that life is indeed precious - and that we all will enter eternity at some point. Jesus is our only guarantee that we will not be separated from God when that time comes.
All of the family here at Nitro is heartbroken over this accident. He was one of us, one of the many families that make Nitro what it is. We all realize and accept that we participate and enjoy a sport that is dangerous, but that doesn’t mean any of us are numb to the hurt that comes knocking at times. In fact, I believe in many ways the hurt and pain of our sport grows us to be some of the most compassionate people around.
I don’t have all the answers, but God is faithful and is there for us. He loves us and gives us peace by giving us comfort and hope – if we walk in faith and BELIEVE. But he tells us that we have to be courageous, and that’s hard at times. So be encouraged – let’s seek Him today for courage and comfort as we try and move forward with what we love – racing motorcycles with family and friends.
God Speed Clayton, we’re mindful and prayerful for your fiancé, your friends, and certainly your family.
|
Johnny Depp
1/24/2019 7:07am
Prayers for Clayton, his family and the Nitro Family as well.

gt80rider
1/24/2019 7:13am Edited Date/Time 1/24/2019 7:14am
I saw this on my Google feed yesterday so it is getting a lot of exposure.

First off, my deepest condolences to his family.

Secondly, as a racer, I can think of no better way to go! I am certainly in no big hurry to get there, but I still remember an old Super Hunky column where he talks about the perfect build (and it was a thumper in the smoker age, the most expensive build you could take on at the time) for an aging motocrosser. The bike was built for just one purpose, one final ride..................................

The Shop

731chopper
Fantasy
442nd
1/24/2019 8:28am
I hate to hear another moto brother has passed away. It is tough to digest and the reason why I struggle with whether or not I want my boys to race.
MXD
1/24/2019 8:31am Edited Date/Time 1/24/2019 8:31am
731chopper wrote:
I hate to hear another moto brother has passed away. It is tough to digest and the reason why I struggle with whether or not I...
I hate to hear another moto brother has passed away. It is tough to digest and the reason why I struggle with whether or not I want my boys to race.
Life is about managing risk. Moto is a very high risk sport. If your love and passion for it exceeds that risk, then go for it and never look back no matter the outcome. If the risk is too much, then you should step away. In either case, never second guess your decision.
Cokeham23
1/24/2019 8:35am
Such a sad deal. It was terrible hearing about this last Friday night as things were unfolding. I’m only a year older than him, and had just raced this same series the week before in Austin. There was a handful of people that hit a wall at that race. There’s a video on Instagram of a guy on a quad going over a berm and into a wall, he actually hit the door and went through it into a little concession area. Luckily his injuries weren’t critical, but just goes to show it was bound to happen. I think arenacross needs to start investing in some Steve Matthes memorial nets.
Trav138
1/24/2019 9:20am
RIP Clayton
Thinking of his family, sad deal.
HD1200
1/24/2019 9:31am
I'm assuming you edited your post Huck?
PastranaWho
1/24/2019 10:19am
R I P moto bro...prayers and hope for the family.
Redrcr34
1/24/2019 10:22am
Prayers to the family and friends, R.I.P. motobrother.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
1/24/2019 10:31am Edited Date/Time 1/24/2019 10:31am
HD1200 wrote:
Edited, and then I deleted.

Let's stay on track, people.
HD1200
1/24/2019 11:12am
HD1200 wrote:
GuyB wrote:

Thank you, my apologies. RIP, prayers to the family.
Spooner
1/24/2019 4:52pm
I was racing there that night and it was just horrible. Many people I know saw it first hand and I’m glad I didn’t witness it. I really feal for his family, fiancé, and friends. I didn’t know him but he was one of us.
jeffro503
1/24/2019 5:30pm
HD1200 wrote:
GuyB wrote:

GuyB....is there anyway around deleting someone's post without deleting the replies too? I only ask , because I never chewed Huck out at for what he said , but gave my condolences to the Haney family and so forth , and it got deleted because I qouted Huck.

Either way......RIP Clayton.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
1/24/2019 7:06pm
jeffro503 wrote:
GuyB....is there anyway around deleting someone's post without deleting the replies too? I only ask , because I never chewed Huck out at for what he...
GuyB....is there anyway around deleting someone's post without deleting the replies too? I only ask , because I never chewed Huck out at for what he said , but gave my condolences to the Haney family and so forth , and it got deleted because I qouted Huck.

Sometimes good stuff goes out with the tide. Sorry about that.
jeffro503
1/24/2019 7:28pm
jeffro503 wrote:
GuyB....is there anyway around deleting someone's post without deleting the replies too? I only ask , because I never chewed Huck out at for what he...

GuyB wrote:
Sometimes good stuff goes out with the tide. Sorry about that.
Yeah , no worries Steve , it's all good. At first when I re-checked the thread I was thinking " Why did my post get deleted? ".......then remembered I quoted Huck. And now that I think about it , I guess it would be tough to not flush the replies towards the original post.
EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1154th
1/24/2019 10:35pm
Ride In Peace moto brother, condolences to his family and friends.
huck
1/25/2019 6:19am
jeffro503 wrote:
Yeah , no worries Steve , it's all good. At first when I re-checked the thread I was thinking " Why did my post get deleted...
Yeah , no worries Steve , it's all good. At first when I re-checked the thread I was thinking " Why did my post get deleted? ".......then remembered I quoted Huck. And now that I think about it , I guess it would be tough to not flush the replies towards the original post.
Sorry man!!!
jeffro503
1/25/2019 8:28am
jeffro503 wrote:
Yeah , no worries Steve , it's all good. At first when I re-checked the thread I was thinking " Why did my post get deleted...
huck wrote:
Sorry man!!!
No biggie Huck.

Post a reply to: RIP Clayton Haney - KC Nitro Arenacross

The Latest