RXR R-Pro chest protector neck brace compatibility/general questions

Juck
Fantasy
330th
Edited Date/Time 5/19/2021 9:19pm
I wanna get one but I want to know if it'll work with an Atlas Air brace first, also how is the chest protector itself? Technology seems way ahead of all the other chest protectors out there and I've only read positive reviews about it but it's one hell of a price for a chest protector. If you own one is it worth the money in your opinion?
|
Madmax31
Fantasy
83rd
9/21/2020 4:54am
I've got the same question. Old guy and don't care about looks or feel much want all the protection I can get. This looks like it. Would love to know if it would fit with my Atlas as well.
Juck
Fantasy
330th
9/21/2020 5:21am
Madmax31 wrote:
I've got the same question. Old guy and don't care about looks or feel much want all the protection I can get. This looks like it...
I've got the same question. Old guy and don't care about looks or feel much want all the protection I can get. This looks like it. Would love to know if it would fit with my Atlas as well.
I actually emailed them a little after I posted this and they said it would fit, just did a bit of snooping around and found another thread where someone posted a picture of them wearing one with an Atlas brace (but it was the older style brace, but I'm pretty sure it would still fit.) So I guess it fits.
T-Fish
Fantasy
335th
9/21/2020 6:33am
I don’t wear a neck brace, but I love my RXR R-Pro.
Juck
Fantasy
330th
9/21/2020 3:26pm
T-Fish wrote:
Have you crash tested it much yet? How does it feel in a crash?

The Shop

T-Fish
Fantasy
335th
9/21/2020 5:11pm
T-Fish wrote:
Juck wrote:
Well, yes. Funny you ask. 8 days ago at Meadow Valley (the track right next to Spring Creek) I had a little incident. I cross rutted in a sweeping sand corner, tipped over, and Matthias Jorgensen hit my shoulder/back 4th gear pinned. I got up and not much more than a rug burn type thing from my jersey. While I can’t be certain, I’d bet there would’ve been more serious of an injury had I been wearing something else.
T-Fish
Fantasy
335th
9/22/2020 2:52am
Not to be a dick, but I’m glad I couldn’t provide you with more crash samples.

I can tell you that, for me at least, it’s comfortable. It isn’t bulky like the older versions used to be. This can be worn over or under the jersey with no issues at all. I’ll post a photo of it being worn each way to show the size of it. The only thing that’s bulky is myself.

Juck
Fantasy
330th
9/22/2020 4:21am
T-Fish wrote:
Not to be a dick, but I’m glad I couldn’t provide you with more crash samples. I can tell you that, for me at least, it’s...
Not to be a dick, but I’m glad I couldn’t provide you with more crash samples.

I can tell you that, for me at least, it’s comfortable. It isn’t bulky like the older versions used to be. This can be worn over or under the jersey with no issues at all. I’ll post a photo of it being worn each way to show the size of it. The only thing that’s bulky is myself.

Thanks, what size are you wearing? I'm 6'1 and 150 lbs (need to hit the gym lol) and the site selected an Xl/Xxl but I feel like that would be way too big (I had a thor sentinal and was a small/medium) do you think I should get a medium/large or do they just fit really small?
T-Fish
Fantasy
335th
9/22/2020 10:31am Edited Date/Time 9/22/2020 10:32am
I believe I wear the small/medium one. I’m also no taller than 5’5. If they have a medium/large, that’s what I’d think would fit you best. With you being thin, I’d lean the smaller direction of the two.
Juck
Fantasy
330th
9/22/2020 11:51pm
T-Fish wrote:
I believe I wear the small/medium one. I’m also no taller than 5’5. If they have a medium/large, that’s what I’d think would fit you best...
I believe I wear the small/medium one. I’m also no taller than 5’5. If they have a medium/large, that’s what I’d think would fit you best. With you being thin, I’d lean the smaller direction of the two.
Alright I'll do that, thanks for all the help man
5/18/2021 1:09pm
T-Fish wrote:
Juck wrote:
I overturned at 70 km / h. slammed hard the cone rxr pro array. broken collarbone only possibly due to neck brace
5/18/2021 1:10pm
T-Fish wrote:
Juck wrote:
I overturned at 70 km / h. slammed hard the cone rxr pro array. broken collarbone only possibly due to neck brace
slammed my back
5/18/2021 1:28pm
I have the RXR R-Pro and the new Atlas Air brace and they fit together well. It helps, generally, with neck braces that I have a long neck (I'm 6'1") - if my neck was shorter I wouldn't wear a neck brace as it would restrict my movement on the bike. Just have to remember to pump up the chest pro before each ride. Here they are on the bike:

Cheers
Simon
5/19/2021 3:08pm
I have the RXR R-Pro and the new Atlas Air brace and they fit together well. It helps, generally, with neck braces that I have a...
I have the RXR R-Pro and the new Atlas Air brace and they fit together well. It helps, generally, with neck braces that I have a long neck (I'm 6'1") - if my neck was shorter I wouldn't wear a neck brace as it would restrict my movement on the bike. Just have to remember to pump up the chest pro before each ride. Here they are on the bike:

Cheers
Simon
alas rear above or below rxr
5/19/2021 9:19pm
I have the RXR R-Pro and the new Atlas Air brace and they fit together well. It helps, generally, with neck braces that I have a...

Cheers
Simon
alas rear above or below rxr
On top of the RXR on the back and below the RXR on the front - the brace hooks under the front of the RXR.

Post a reply to: RXR R-Pro chest protector neck brace compatibility/general questions

The Latest