Race Tech?

richter28
Fantasy
164th
Edited Date/Time 10/29/2020 11:27am
Does anybody know what's up with Race Tech? Multiple calls, voicemails, emails over the past 3-4 weeks and no answer or response. They've always been fast and responsive, so I'm confused as to what's going on at the moment... Any info would be appreciated, thanks.
|
Motoxdoc
10/23/2020 8:51am
I don’t know, but the Paul Thede I knew and dealt with years ago was smart as fuck and a stand-up dude. I doubt they’d just outright rip you off. I would chalk it up to unusual Covid pandemic times and keep trying.
Rickyisms
10/23/2020 8:52am
One of their guys is pretty active on here so you should get an answer soon. Can't recall his name.
MX Culture
10/23/2020 9:11am Edited Date/Time 10/27/2020 6:48pm
Rickyisms wrote:
One of their guys is pretty active on here so you should get an answer soon. Can't recall his name.
Chris Riesenberg, I'll let him know.
slipdog
10/23/2020 9:29am
I can't speak for emails but I had to order some parts online from them last week and I received them in 2 days.

The Shop

DA498
10/23/2020 9:59am
richter28 wrote:
Does anybody know what's up with Race Tech? Multiple calls, voicemails, emails over the past 3-4 weeks and no answer or response. They've always been fast...
Does anybody know what's up with Race Tech? Multiple calls, voicemails, emails over the past 3-4 weeks and no answer or response. They've always been fast and responsive, so I'm confused as to what's going on at the moment... Any info would be appreciated, thanks.
Are you calling HQ? Or a dealer?
richter28
Fantasy
164th
10/23/2020 10:08am
Just want to clarify, nobody's ripping me off, just trying to order parts from them like I have a thousand times, and ask some tech questions about a product, but can't get through to anyone at HQ at the moment.
captmoto
10/23/2020 11:10am
This has been a thing for a long time. This year with bike sales through the roof I imagine they are busy and spend so much time on the phone and answering emails it takes time to get back. Just spit ballin' here. I'm close enough to drive down though and see what's going on.
sgrimmxdad
Fantasy
1957th
10/23/2020 11:57am
I emailed a question yesterday morning and got an answer back same day.
richter28
Fantasy
164th
10/23/2020 11:58am
sgrimmxdad wrote:
I emailed a question yesterday morning and got an answer back same day.
I am jealous
Riesenberg448
Fantasy
2005th
10/23/2020 12:15pm
richter28 wrote:
Does anybody know what's up with Race Tech? Multiple calls, voicemails, emails over the past 3-4 weeks and no answer or response. They've always been fast...
Sent you a PM with my email and personal cell number to get you taken care of.

RonJon
10/23/2020 12:25pm
Are you accidentally calling varner and not Race Tech?
richter28
Fantasy
164th
10/23/2020 2:33pm

Appreciate it will get ahold of you now.
slowgti
10/23/2020 3:10pm

Stand up guy right here! Respect in this day
That just solidified my decision, racetech will be doing my next set of suspension.
bvm111
10/24/2020 12:54am
a little off topic but did you guys hear that kenny moved to san clemente?
FU2
10/24/2020 1:41am
bvm111 wrote:
a little off topic but did you guys hear that kenny moved to san clemente?
Heard Desaille is going to take Kenny's outdoor spot on the hrc, so Kenny can focus on being zen.
bh
10/24/2020 4:51am
It’s been hit or miss for me. The latest gold valve kit I tried in my 19 kx450 was so atrocious I pulled it out after one ride. And the one and only time I ever ordered directly from race tech I mentioned keefer/pulp mx for the discount and they added 10 percent instead of taking it away. They didn’t even refund me they just gave me a shitty 15 dollar coupon I could only use with them. Needless to say I support my local tuner now.
Tuna
10/24/2020 5:30am
bh wrote:
It’s been hit or miss for me. The latest gold valve kit I tried in my 19 kx450 was so atrocious I pulled it out after...
It’s been hit or miss for me. The latest gold valve kit I tried in my 19 kx450 was so atrocious I pulled it out after one ride. And the one and only time I ever ordered directly from race tech I mentioned keefer/pulp mx for the discount and they added 10 percent instead of taking it away. They didn’t even refund me they just gave me a shitty 15 dollar coupon I could only use with them. Needless to say I support my local tuner now.
How is that related in any way to the OP?
Riesenberg448
Fantasy
2005th
10/27/2020 11:58am
bh wrote:
It’s been hit or miss for me. The latest gold valve kit I tried in my 19 kx450 was so atrocious I pulled it out after...
Can you give me some more details on this? We have nothing in our system that would add 10% and we have no such thing as a 15 dollar coupon either.

We also offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee on our Gold Valve kits, so if you weren't satisfied we'd do everything we can to make you love it or refund you.

Finally, we also support local tuners. That is the point of the Gold Valve kit and our business in general is to supply, teach, and be a resource for local tuners.

I'm sorry about your poor experience and with more details will do what I can to make it right.
richter28
Fantasy
164th
10/27/2020 6:46pm
Quick update from me, just got my tracking email from Race Tech... thanks Chris for getting things situated.
beamer
10/27/2020 7:19pm
A little off topic but did you guys hear that Prado caught the Covid ?
lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
10/27/2020 8:16pm
bh wrote:
I call bullshit on your whole post.

agn5009
10/28/2020 7:53am
bh wrote:
lostboy819 wrote:
I call bullshit on your whole post. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/10/27/456457/s1200_No_Bullshit_BS_Vector_Icon_Watermark.jpg[/img]

Yeah, race tech is an awesome company. Everything in his post is literally the opposite of my personal experience and the experience of others I know.
bh
10/28/2020 8:18am
bh wrote:
lostboy819 wrote:
I call bullshit on your whole post. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/10/27/456457/s1200_No_Bullshit_BS_Vector_Icon_Watermark.jpg[/img]

agn5009 wrote:
Yeah, race tech is an awesome company. Everything in his post is literally the opposite of my personal experience and the experience of others I know.
Ive had good luck with their kits before but this latest kit I used combined with the one and only time i bought something from race tech directly left a really sour taste in my mouth. And to the moron who called bs on my post here is the invoice and the email I received.

bh
10/28/2020 8:24am
bh wrote:
Can you give me some more details on this? We have nothing in our system that would add 10% and we have no such thing as...
Can you give me some more details on this? We have nothing in our system that would add 10% and we have no such thing as a 15 dollar coupon either.

We also offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee on our Gold Valve kits, so if you weren't satisfied we'd do everything we can to make you love it or refund you.

Finally, we also support local tuners. That is the point of the Gold Valve kit and our business in general is to supply, teach, and be a resource for local tuners.

I'm sorry about your poor experience and with more details will do what I can to make it right.
I posted the invoice in the post above. I would take you up on getting my money back but I didn't buy it directly from race tech. And coupon was probably the wrong word to use. She called it a credit.
ga_pike
10/28/2020 8:35am
bh wrote:
Can you give me some more details on this? We have nothing in our system that would add 10% and we have no such thing as...

bh wrote:
I posted the invoice in the post above. I would take you up on getting my money back but I didn't buy it directly from race...
I posted the invoice in the post above. I would take you up on getting my money back but I didn't buy it directly from race tech. And coupon was probably the wrong word to use. She called it a credit.
So you didn't buy directly from Race Tech but it's their fault that another company mistakenly added the 10% instead of removing it... AND THEN they admitted their mistake and fixed it?

Right.
bh
10/28/2020 8:39am

bh wrote:
I posted the invoice in the post above. I would take you up on getting my money back but I didn't buy it directly from race...
ga_pike wrote:
So you didn't buy directly from Race Tech but it's their fault that another company mistakenly added the 10% instead of removing it... AND THEN they...
So you didn't buy directly from Race Tech but it's their fault that another company mistakenly added the 10% instead of removing it... AND THEN they admitted their mistake and fixed it?

Right.
no no no. I bought a spring from directly from race tech. Checkers is talking about the gold valve kits which I bought from ebay. 2 different things.
agn5009
10/28/2020 8:55am
bh wrote:
ga_pike wrote:
So you didn't buy directly from Race Tech but it's their fault that another company mistakenly added the 10% instead of removing it... AND THEN they...

Right.
bh wrote:
no no no. I bought a spring from directly from race tech. Checkers is talking about the gold valve kits which I bought from ebay. 2...
no no no. I bought a spring from directly from race tech. Checkers is talking about the gold valve kits which I bought from ebay. 2 different things.
So... a mistake was made and they fixed it?
bh
10/28/2020 9:05am
ga_pike wrote:

Right.
bh wrote:
no no no. I bought a spring from directly from race tech. Checkers is talking about the gold valve kits which I bought from ebay. 2...
agn5009 wrote:
So... a mistake was made and they fixed it?
So me being forced to buy something else from race tech if I want my money back is fixed? Maybe we have different definitions of something being fixed. I got a store credit not a refund. The way I see it I tried to support the podcast I listen to and I got screwed and I have to buy something from them again if I want to get my money back.

Post a reply to: Race Tech?

The Latest