Racer X Article. Dec.17' Issue

smoothies862
Fantasy
676th
I just read winterizing your bike. 2 questions.
1) I thought the gas would be bad and lose octane after that many months? Even with stabilizer it would run like crap or detonate in the spring.

2) The article also said most policies don't cover theft. I'm guessing they are referring to a home owners policy? Maybe missed a chance to plug one of the sports best sponsors, GEICO. I have them for $100.00 a year. It even covers accessories if you have receipts.

I'm not bashing, just curious. How do you guys store your machines fuel? Also has anyone used GEICO for a stolen bike claim?
|
Acidreamer
10/26/2017 3:02pm
Normally i drain my bikes tank. This year i used race gas. Ill probably use the rest before i dump it or let it sit.
10/26/2017 3:13pm
He's right, home owners WILL NOT cover bikes 99.9999% of the time but you can buy special coverage to do so. Mind telling me more about this coverage? For only $100 a year AND covering aftermarket parts with receipts sounds like a great deal.
10/26/2017 3:15pm
I went to school with a guy who was super thorough with winterizing his bikes. He would drain ALL of the fluids from them. They were all Honda’s so tranny, engine oil, coolant was all drained.

My first thought is that with no oils would the seals or anything in the motor shrivel up?

This guy had like 8 Honda’s of different kinds.

Imagine if someone just hopped on and started it and didn’t know it was fluid-less. What a nightmare Sick
mxb2
10/26/2017 3:21pm
He's right, home owners WILL NOT cover bikes 99.9999% of the time but you can buy special coverage to do so. Mind telling me more about...
He's right, home owners WILL NOT cover bikes 99.9999% of the time but you can buy special coverage to do so. Mind telling me more about this coverage? For only $100 a year AND covering aftermarket parts with receipts sounds like a great deal.
Rates vary, coverage, zip code, what you want covered. I doubt his policy and price will be identical to yours. Unless you live in same zip code and insure the exact same thing. Maybe. Easier to call them.

The Shop

FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4231st
10/26/2017 3:28pm
Winterizing your bike means getting ready for the best season of riding. Evil
Wade221
10/26/2017 3:32pm
I went to school with a guy who was super thorough with winterizing his bikes. He would drain ALL of the fluids from them. They were...
I went to school with a guy who was super thorough with winterizing his bikes. He would drain ALL of the fluids from them. They were all Honda’s so tranny, engine oil, coolant was all drained.

My first thought is that with no oils would the seals or anything in the motor shrivel up?

This guy had like 8 Honda’s of different kinds.

Imagine if someone just hopped on and started it and didn’t know it was fluid-less. What a nightmare Sick
Starting it with no fuel?! Impressive!
smoothies862
Fantasy
676th
10/26/2017 3:49pm
cali guysSilly I hate winter more every year.
yeah I would call geico. this is on a 15 bike. it may not be exactly 100. I just thought it made sense. it seems like bike thieves are stepping up their game lately.
10/26/2017 5:17pm
He's right, home owners WILL NOT cover bikes 99.9999% of the time but you can buy special coverage to do so. Mind telling me more about...
mxb2 wrote:
Rates vary, coverage, zip code, what you want covered. I doubt his policy and price will be identical to yours. Unless you live in same zip...
Rates vary, coverage, zip code, what you want covered. I doubt his policy and price will be identical to yours. Unless you live in same zip code and insure the exact same thing. Maybe. Easier to call them.
regardless, that's still pretty good especially if it covers after market parts.
smoothies862
Fantasy
676th
10/26/2017 5:23pm
SoCalMX70 wrote:
What is winterizing? GrinningSilly
there is more than one of you guys?Tongue I wonder sometimes if I could ride all year like you guys. If I would not love it as much. then I realize how dumb that is, lol.
Myke
Fantasy
2883rd
10/26/2017 6:30pm Edited Date/Time 10/26/2017 6:32pm
SoCalMX70 wrote:
What is winterizing? GrinningSilly
there is more than one of you guys?:P I wonder sometimes if I could ride all year like you guys. If I would not love it...
there is more than one of you guys?Tongue I wonder sometimes if I could ride all year like you guys. If I would not love it as much. then I realize how dumb that is, lol.
To answer your question. I moved here from the Boston area a few years ago and I love being able to ride all year and the variety of tracks to ride. Sure it costs more to live and a good percentage of CA people are strange (probably from all the sun) with even stranger laws but I still love it!
Myke
Fantasy
2883rd
10/26/2017 6:31pm
Hell yea! New tires and a oil change!
mxb2
10/26/2017 6:56pm
mxb2 wrote:
Rates vary, coverage, zip code, what you want covered. I doubt his policy and price will be identical to yours. Unless you live in same zip...
regardless, that's still pretty good especially if it covers after market parts.
Depends on much u have covered. 20k dirt bike isn't $100,. Meaning a full mod bike.
captmoto
10/26/2017 8:52pm
Winterizing means bolting on the spark arrestor and hitting the desert.
10/26/2017 11:08pm
I have 6 bikes covered with Allstate and $3000 extra coverage for each bike. I think it cost me like $600 a year or something like that.

Post a reply to: Racer X Article. Dec.17' Issue

The Latest