RacerX Vetfest Red Bud

chase383
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 5:19am
How many Vitalmx faithful are heading to Red Bud this weekend for Vetfest?
|
mrtuf
8/18/2011 2:51pm
chase383 wrote:
NO body going? Weather looks like it will be perfect.
chase383
8/21/2011 9:30am
That was a huge turn out.. too bad the 2nd round of motos was a mud-vest..
Moto95
8/21/2011 10:38am
610 entries, but the rain in the second half made it nasty. Still had fun though for two days.
Highsider
8/21/2011 12:10pm
That is a kickazz turnout at one of my favorite tracks!
(always rains at VetFest)Grinning

The Shop

swedishfishmx
Fantasy
3801st
8/21/2011 2:21pm Edited Date/Time 8/21/2011 2:23pm
I went last weekend for the am mx, came back with this;

broke my navicular bone in 3 places. I loved the track and the facility. Can't wait to go back again.
mxr102
8/21/2011 2:39pm
I was there. Had some crappy luck in the 2nd moto of the +25A moto of running of the track and getting stuck and had to have to workers help get my bike out of this hole I fell in. LOL Shows I didn't start the 2nd moto well I did but never got a lap in. 2nd +30A moto was passing for 2nd on the last lap andfell and got a 4th of well. Had a shitload of fun to say the least. Some fast guys up there to say the least. Look at who won my classes a Loretta's Champion.

http://redbudmx.com/results/racer.asp?n=17930
OldGuy
8/21/2011 2:56pm
I was there, got drilled on friday practice and pop shoulder out. Weekend over. But saw some great racing
Highsider
8/21/2011 3:03pm Edited Date/Time 8/21/2011 3:03pm
OldGuy wrote:
I was there, got drilled on friday practice and pop shoulder out. Weekend over. But saw some great racing
Man, I hate it when you get drilled during Vet practice!
Some goon t-boned me and broke my foot at Millville '09, during the Thursday Vet session. About ruined my Pro weekend experience!
chase383
8/21/2011 4:37pm
I was also a casualty of friday practice.. Coming out of the whoops, I slowed up for some riders in front of me in the next corner. My left leg got drilled by the guy behind me so I was also a spectator on Saturday. I'm hoping the knee is just sprained..
chase383
8/21/2011 4:39pm
chase383 wrote:
mrtuf wrote:
NO body going? Weather looks like it will be perfect.
I was hoping you were going to bring Jeff Gibson along again.. Smile
Highsider
8/21/2011 6:07pm
chase383 wrote:
I was also a casualty of friday practice.. Coming out of the whoops, I slowed up for some riders in front of me in the next...
I was also a casualty of friday practice.. Coming out of the whoops, I slowed up for some riders in front of me in the next corner. My left leg got drilled by the guy behind me so I was also a spectator on Saturday. I'm hoping the knee is just sprained..
Dayummm...hope it not a lingering injury.
Keep me posted. Sorry you missed Saturday after the BIG drive.
davis224
Fantasy
165th
8/21/2011 7:36pm
My coworker went and said he got taken down each Moto before he even got to the first turn, had to come from last
jwhite66
8/21/2011 8:15pm
Its RED BUD so it was great weekend .......lots of riders in all classes good weather on Friday and a little of everything
on race day. Good Time
8/21/2011 8:26pm
Do they use the normal start for this event or the stupid ass one they use for amatuer day on national weekend? The start for the amatuer day event is enough for us not to do that race anymore. Anybody know why we can't use the normal start on that weekend?
berniepiet
8/21/2011 8:32pm
Went for my first time. All I can say is WOW!!!

Track was pretty rough in Friday practice. Much better on race day. Ran a KTM 125 in the + 45 B/C class.

Actually enjoyed the mud more than anything

Entered an outlaw Two stroke race that turned legit. It was pretty cool. 14 two strokes on the line in our own moto.
There were tons of people hanging over the fences cheering us on waving shirts, beer bottles, blow up dolls, & who knows what else. I felt like i was on the MXDN Team USA.

I heard 680 entries from the guy who runs the start gate.

A truly memorable experience.
ADynes
8/21/2011 9:02pm
Crazy amount of people on the track at the same time for Friday practice. I wonder why they don't split the practice groups up more by skill rather than age group? A and C riders together is dangerous!
husky125
8/22/2011 5:08am
berniepiet wrote:
Went for my first time. All I can say is WOW!!! Track was pretty rough in Friday practice. Much better on race day. Ran a KTM...

Track was pretty rough in Friday practice. Much better on race day. Ran a KTM 125 in the + 45 B/C class.

Entered an outlaw Two stroke race that turned legit. It was pretty cool. 14 two strokes on the line in our own moto.
There were tons of people hanging over the fences cheering us on waving shirts, beer bottles, blow up dolls, & who knows what else. I felt like i was on the MXDN Team USA.

Bernie, it was my first time for Vet Fest also and I agree with you 100%! I rode my Husky 125 in the one off two stroke class
to 4th in the first moto and had a blast! The rains came for my +40 B/C moto and after that moto I called it a day. Can't wait till next year though!
Highsider
8/22/2011 5:41am Edited Date/Time 8/22/2011 5:42am
Bandito121 wrote:
Do they use the normal start for this event or the stupid ass one they use for amatuer day on national weekend? The start for the...
Do they use the normal start for this event or the stupid ass one they use for amatuer day on national weekend? The start for the amatuer day event is enough for us not to do that race anymore. Anybody know why we can't use the normal start on that weekend?
I agree the amateur start is crappy, but it is the same for everyone. From the reports, I'd guess they used the am gate.

It was 5-6 years ago for my last RB Vet Fest and we launched off the pro gate, then.
chase383
8/22/2011 5:42am
Bandito121 wrote:
Do they use the normal start for this event or the stupid ass one they use for amatuer day on national weekend? The start for the...
They use the real gate for Vet fest
chase383
8/22/2011 5:45am
ADynes wrote:
Crazy amount of people on the track at the same time for Friday practice. I wonder why they don't split the practice groups up more by...
Crazy amount of people on the track at the same time for Friday practice. I wonder why they don't split the practice groups up more by skill rather than age group? A and C riders together is dangerous!
Red Bud seems to be the only Racer X round that mixes the classes in practice and I think they do this to spread the numbers around.. I would have liked 1 A group, 2 B groups and a C group. When looking at the entries this would have worked well... maybe next year.
chase383
8/22/2011 5:49am
berniepiet wrote:
Went for my first time. All I can say is WOW!!! Track was pretty rough in Friday practice. Much better on race day. Ran a KTM...

husky125 wrote:
Bernie, it was my first time for Vet Fest also and I agree with you 100%! I rode my Husky 125 in the one off two...
Bernie, it was my first time for Vet Fest also and I agree with you 100%! I rode my Husky 125 in the one off two stroke class
to 4th in the first moto and had a blast! The rains came for my +40 B/C moto and after that moto I called it a day. Can't wait till next year though!
You guys should head to the round at Aztalan on Sep 9-10.. I am pretty sure they will be having a 125 class for 35 and over. They tried this last year and it was one of the biggest classes of the day.. and by far the most fun.. at least for me it was.

Did anyone else Todd DeHoop on his YZ125?? That was one mean looking tiddler.. Sounded awesome.
team186
8/22/2011 7:06am
Red Bud is by far the best layout, best run, and best organized facility in the country. This event had it all, and the staff made this special event feel like it was the 4th of July Pro National. All that was missing was 30,000 screaming fans. Can't believe how many riders were there.

Team186 had a good day. Son, Alex 3rd in 18+A and 5th in 25+A. Riding a stock 2 banger in these two very fast classes. Few guys in 25+A doing the leap. This was my first national race event in a few years, 14th in 45+C, only beat one guy. But lots of fun blasting the 05 125 on this epic track.

Check out the results:

http://redbudmx.com/results/class.asp?s=&c=&e=14

Big thanks to Richie crew for putting on such a cool event.

We will be back!!
Yamaha92
8/22/2011 8:10am
Vet Fest is typically my favorite event of the year. I was also taken out in friday practice with a broken Scapula to show for it. I was so pissed about the number of riders and the variance of skill level in my group. I was taken out by someone slicing from the outside in on the Monza wall goint THROUGH my front wheel. Love Red Bud but they need to do something different for practice to break up skill levels better.
On the other hand......shit happens.
Highsider
8/22/2011 8:27am
Yamaha92 wrote:
Vet Fest is typically my favorite event of the year. I was also taken out in friday practice with a broken Scapula to show for it...
Vet Fest is typically my favorite event of the year. I was also taken out in friday practice with a broken Scapula to show for it. I was so pissed about the number of riders and the variance of skill level in my group. I was taken out by someone slicing from the outside in on the Monza wall goint THROUGH my front wheel. Love Red Bud but they need to do something different for practice to break up skill levels better.
On the other hand......shit happens.
"It's only PRACTICE"Whistling
crf250pilot
8/22/2011 9:26am
team186 wrote:
Red Bud is by far the best layout, best run, and best organized facility in the country. This event had it all, and the staff made...
Red Bud is by far the best layout, best run, and best organized facility in the country. This event had it all, and the staff made this special event feel like it was the 4th of July Pro National. All that was missing was 30,000 screaming fans. Can't believe how many riders were there.

Team186 had a good day. Son, Alex 3rd in 18+A and 5th in 25+A. Riding a stock 2 banger in these two very fast classes. Few guys in 25+A doing the leap. This was my first national race event in a few years, 14th in 45+C, only beat one guy. But lots of fun blasting the 05 125 on this epic track.

Check out the results:

http://redbudmx.com/results/class.asp?s=&c=&e=14

Big thanks to Richie crew for putting on such a cool event.

We will be back!!
I might may to go next year so you can beat 2 guys. If it's anything like Loretta's, i'll have to get a few local 'A' class wins under my belt before signing up for the 'C' class though.
berniepiet
8/22/2011 9:56am
berniepiet wrote:

husky125 wrote:
Bernie, it was my first time for Vet Fest also and I agree with you 100%! I rode my Husky 125 in the one off two...
Husky 125:

Wow dude, I was watching you in practice and you were flat "Layin it down" on that Husky. You looked fast & smooth. I can't believe you didn't win the whole thing. Robin must have been really haulin to have won.

I would like to suggest to Hachmiester that next year he add a + 35 125cc class to the series. I think there would be interest. I mean we had 14 entries at Red Bud and these were just guys that happened to show up. At the Aztalan event they had35 guys in the + 35 125cc class last year. I think it's a viable class.

Let's make some noise & get it started.

Bernie
berniepiet
8/22/2011 9:57am
BTW:

I heard there was a professional photographer at the event. Anybody got any details? Website????
husky125
8/22/2011 10:33am
berniepiet wrote:

husky125 wrote:
berniepiet wrote:
Husky 125: Wow dude, I was watching you in practice and you were flat "Layin it down" on that Husky. You looked fast & smooth. I...
Husky 125:

Wow dude, I was watching you in practice and you were flat "Layin it down" on that Husky. You looked fast & smooth. I can't believe you didn't win the whole thing. Robin must have been really haulin to have won.

I would like to suggest to Hachmiester that next year he add a + 35 125cc class to the series. I think there would be interest. I mean we had 14 entries at Red Bud and these were just guys that happened to show up. At the Aztalan event they had35 guys in the + 35 125cc class last year. I think it's a viable class.

Let's make some noise & get it started.

Bernie
Bernie, thanks for the compliments! Robin and the other boys out front were on cheater bikes!! hahaha. Robin
and Randy were both on 200 KTM's and although I don't know the 3rd place rider he was on a YZ250. At 43 years
old I was happy to hang with them for a little bit. Robin is just plain fast on anything he rides and is the nicest
guy you could ever meet. I'm really liking this +35 125cc class you have been talking about. That would be a great
addition to the Red Bud Vet Fest.
Dmoks
8/22/2011 11:05am
Moto95 wrote:
610 entries, but the rain in the second half made it nasty. Still had fun though for two days.
Cant believe Tom Scramer was there. I think its the same guy from D-17 inthe mid-80's(same number) Looks like he is from CO now.

Post a reply to: RacerX Vetfest Red Bud

The Latest