Reached out to RG3, bought BRP

Edited Date/Time 3/9/2019 8:26am
I’m in the market for a new set of triple clamps, because the stock KTM top triple clamp may be fantastic- however their bar mount design is awful. I really don’t toss the bike often but it seems like every time I tip over my rubber bar mounts twist. So I went on the hunt for a new style mount system.

I used to be absolutely in love with the RG3 product on Buddy Antunez’s (childhood hero because we always went to AX) primal impulse Suzuki 125 and 250. Then most recently Stewart’s bikes were equipped with cool RG3 product. Most importantly (proof advertising works) I remember RG3 full page ad’s showing their patented 4-post rubber mount top triple clamp system. Their website isn’t exactly up to date, and after browsing the catalogue it doesn’t seem they’re taking the CNC side of the business very seriously. I sent them an email, and heard nothing back for a few days. This was pretty disappointing because I was excited to be like Bud Man Ant finally.

Then after leaving their www the search continued, and on the second page of google searches BRP (who I don’t know I’ve ever heard of, or have I? So many acronyms in motocross) came up and out of curiosity I searched their setup. This is after I looked at Pro Taper, Tag, XTRiG, and so on but wasn’t really that stoked on their offerings. Within seconds on the BRP site I couldn’t believe what I was seeing- 4 post rubberized top triple clamps with an up to date catalogue. Not a bad price too at $250! Honestly I don’t know if that price is high or low- I just know they were selling what I wanted. Without hesitation, I clicked buy now.

The real surprise for me was either RG3 let go, sold off, or forgot about their patent for what’s the best design in a top triple clamp. Thanks BRP for being on point.

Billet Racing Products
|
ML512
Fantasy
45th
3/9/2019 6:25am Edited Date/Time 3/9/2019 6:30am
BRP is pretty well known on the off road side, lots of west coast guys use them due to their steering damper options for Scott’s and GPR.

Btw, James Stewart didn’t use the clamps you’re referring to.

The last team I remember using those clamps was Butelr Bros in 2013 when Short went there, by ‘14 they were on Neken or X-Trig I believe.

X-Trig is my personal preference for most bikes.
3/9/2019 8:13am
ML512 wrote:
BRP is pretty well known on the off road side, lots of west coast guys use them due to their steering damper options for Scott’s and...
BRP is pretty well known on the off road side, lots of west coast guys use them due to their steering damper options for Scott’s and GPR.

The last team I remember using those clamps was Butelr Bros in 2013 when Short went there, by ‘14 they were on Neken or X-Trig I believe.

Could've swore I saw the RG3 logo somehwere on his suzuki- but I cant find evidence of it.

Any idea how/why RG3 faded out?
ML512
Fantasy
45th
3/9/2019 8:26am
ML512 wrote:
BRP is pretty well known on the off road side, lots of west coast guys use them due to their steering damper options for Scott’s and...

Could've swore I saw the RG3 logo somehwere on his suzuki- but I cant find evidence of it.

Any idea how/why RG3 faded out?
There was a logo on the side plate, Rob from RG3 was hired on as a chassis/suspension guy for Suzuki for quite a few years. He was hired through Suzuki for JGR last year but that contract wasn’t re-upped this season. There was a season or so where Rob was contracted to KTM when Roger first went there, but I think that only lasted a season?
cody41
3/10/2019 4:52am
I have these for my yz250 and they work great. If you have the funds then the x trigs would be better.

The Shop

3/10/2019 8:42am
cody41 wrote:
I have these for my yz250 and they work great. If you have the funds then the x trigs would be better.
How do you figure?
ML512
Fantasy
45th
3/10/2019 8:46am
cody41 wrote:
How do you figure?
More bar mount position options, flex characteristics designed around each model, more "damper" cushion options, swappable offset stem, etc...
BobPA
3/10/2019 8:47am
I’m in the market for a new set of triple clamps, because the stock KTM top triple clamp may be fantastic- however their bar mount design...
I’m in the market for a new set of triple clamps, because the stock KTM top triple clamp may be fantastic- however their bar mount design is awful. I really don’t toss the bike often but it seems like every time I tip over my rubber bar mounts twist. So I went on the hunt for a new style mount system.

I used to be absolutely in love with the RG3 product on Buddy Antunez’s (childhood hero because we always went to AX) primal impulse Suzuki 125 and 250. Then most recently Stewart’s bikes were equipped with cool RG3 product. Most importantly (proof advertising works) I remember RG3 full page ad’s showing their patented 4-post rubber mount top triple clamp system. Their website isn’t exactly up to date, and after browsing the catalogue it doesn’t seem they’re taking the CNC side of the business very seriously. I sent them an email, and heard nothing back for a few days. This was pretty disappointing because I was excited to be like Bud Man Ant finally.

Then after leaving their www the search continued, and on the second page of google searches BRP (who I don’t know I’ve ever heard of, or have I? So many acronyms in motocross) came up and out of curiosity I searched their setup. This is after I looked at Pro Taper, Tag, XTRiG, and so on but wasn’t really that stoked on their offerings. Within seconds on the BRP site I couldn’t believe what I was seeing- 4 post rubberized top triple clamps with an up to date catalogue. Not a bad price too at $250! Honestly I don’t know if that price is high or low- I just know they were selling what I wanted. Without hesitation, I clicked buy now.

The real surprise for me was either RG3 let go, sold off, or forgot about their patent for what’s the best design in a top triple clamp. Thanks BRP for being on point.

Billet Racing Products
Patents do not last forever BTW.
BR8ES
3/10/2019 4:49pm
I run this BRP clamp, works great. BRP is top shelf stuff.
Cobbler
4/25/2023 11:03am
Teej317 wrote:

Anyone else have good experience with this clamp? Also what is an RTS measurement? They have 15mm and 21mm options.

https://shopbrp.com/dirt-bike-parts-shop/dirt-bike-performance-parts/ya…

I saw your other post discussing rubber mount options. Here's something to think about instead.

Buy a set of modern 22mm offset 4 stroke take-offs and find a local machinist to open the bore on the top clamp by 2mm in diameter. You now have a way better handling bike, rubber mount clamps factory, and tons of bar mounting options like PHDS from xtrig. You can also just install ride engineering cones and change the feeling. I did this and got my clamps for $100 and the machine work was free. you may be $200 in total. Just swap the stems with a shop press the 2t and 4t stems are not the same. The machine shop can do this too. I'm very happy with it.

Cobbler
4/25/2023 11:04am

Oh, and I sold the stock YZ250 clamps for $75 too lol. So almost free.

MX Culture
4/25/2023 7:45pm Edited Date/Time 4/25/2023 7:45pm

BRP made some of our Sano products secretly back in the day.
High quality stuff, great anodizing (reds were always perfect) and pricing was good too. 
They’ve been around for a long time. Great guys. 
DD

Brent
4/25/2023 8:32pm
ML512 wrote:
More bar mount position options, flex characteristics designed around each model, more "damper" cushion options, swappable offset stem, etc...

...the green PHDS elastomers are softer than the stockers, and for a geezer like me it works out to less vibration.

Would recommend...

Electro21
Fantasy
75th
4/25/2023 9:10pm

I know it's an old post, but I was always a fan of the RG3 clamps I was able to locate a set on here.  I spent about a year trying to find them.  clamps

Post a reply to: Reached out to RG3, bought BRP

The Latest