Red flag restarts suck

TbonesPop
Fantasy
360th
1/26/2020 7:56am
mx 219 wrote:
Not sure why they red flagged for Bogle. With where he was at there was no reason they couldnt have the flag for them to just...
Not sure why they red flagged for Bogle. With where he was at there was no reason they couldnt have the flag for them to just slow down in that part of the track.

That one was more frustrating to me than Blose in the whoops. I think two things need to happen, they need to be more selective about putting out the red flag (bogle incident), and if it is after 1 lap I would go to single file restart like mentioned above.

I am a Tomac fan but he really got the short end of the stick on the restarts and Anderson got screwed too.
Dirtydeeds wrote:
I think the Bogle red flag was warranted. You couldn't see the medical team and downed rider from the turn before the little double/step off. You...
I think the Bogle red flag was warranted. You couldn't see the medical team and downed rider from the turn before the little double/step off. You can wave the wheels on the ground flag all you want but history has shown some people don't see it. Gotta keep the downed rider and medics safe.
That happened right in front of where we were sitting . He got knocked out. As soon as it immediately happened, I told my buddy sitting next to me to red flag it. There was no safe way to get him off the track by the medical crew and keep the race going. I actually thought the Blose crash shouldn’t have been red flagged because the *crew had room to work on him plus they could protect him while the racing was going on. But I didn’t have as good of a view as to Chris’s injury. On the Glendale tracks, they haven’t had good egress for the medical crews the last few years. It’s a bigger area than most stadiums, so I’m not sure why they have had issues with it.
Hammer 663s
1/26/2020 8:21am
TbonesPop wrote:
That happened right in front of where we were sitting . He got knocked out. As soon as it immediately happened, I told my buddy sitting...
That happened right in front of where we were sitting . He got knocked out. As soon as it immediately happened, I told my buddy sitting next to me to red flag it. There was no safe way to get him off the track by the medical crew and keep the race going. I actually thought the Blose crash shouldn’t have been red flagged because the *crew had room to work on him plus they could protect him while the racing was going on. But I didn’t have as good of a view as to Chris’s injury. On the Glendale tracks, they haven’t had good egress for the medical crews the last few years. It’s a bigger area than most stadiums, so I’m not sure why they have had issues with it.
Report was Blose had a seizure on the track. That's reason enough there for me to red flag it. Rider safety sould always be #1.

Hammer
TbonesPop
Fantasy
360th
1/26/2020 8:46am
TbonesPop wrote:
That happened right in front of where we were sitting . He got knocked out. As soon as it immediately happened, I told my buddy sitting...
Report was Blose had a seizure on the track. That's reason enough there for me to red flag it. Rider safety sould always be #1.

Hammer
Absolutely agree. I couldn't see exactly what happened to him from where I was sitting, just saw that he crashed. Also saw in another post his list of injuries and definitely worth the red flag.
lawson34
1/26/2020 8:47am
TE333 wrote:
Rolling starts??
Pace cars lol

The Shop

yz133rider
1/26/2020 9:01am
Tomac got screwed both times. Both times he had a great shot to make up points on kenny. That's racing tho.
RG1
1/26/2020 9:49am
The first red flag I can understand the full restart because they hadn’t even completed a full lap at the time of the stoppage. I thought the second one would’ve been better off as a grid start though, they were a couple of laps in and it probably would’ve been fairer that way
kiwifan
1/26/2020 11:21am
datkin128 wrote:
It was interesting how on both of the races that got red flagged Tomac was ahead of roczen (and in first in the first one) and...
It was interesting how on both of the races that got red flagged Tomac was ahead of roczen (and in first in the first one) and when they restarted roczen was out front again both times. Always helps to have a little luck on ur side even though he was riding great 😎
but it could of easily been the other way around, luck? maybe....Roczen still had to produce the start
BobbyM
1/26/2020 11:39am
mx 219 wrote:
Not sure why they red flagged for Bogle. With where he was at there was no reason they couldnt have the flag for them to just...
Not sure why they red flagged for Bogle. With where he was at there was no reason they couldnt have the flag for them to just slow down in that part of the track.

That one was more frustrating to me than Blose in the whoops. I think two things need to happen, they need to be more selective about putting out the red flag (bogle incident), and if it is after 1 lap I would go to single file restart like mentioned above.

I am a Tomac fan but he really got the short end of the stick on the restarts and Anderson got screwed too.
Tomac had another chance to holeshot and he screwed the pooch on that much like he's screwing his title chances this season. How many chances does this guy deserve?
Crush
1/26/2020 10:43pm
mx 219 wrote:

BobbyM wrote:
Tomac had another chance to holeshot and he screwed the pooch on that much like he's screwing his title chances this season. How many chances does...
Tomac had another chance to holeshot and he screwed the pooch on that much like he's screwing his title chances this season. How many chances does this guy deserve?
Have you looked at the points?
lostboy819
Fantasy
1568th
1/26/2020 11:37pm
mx 219 wrote:

BobbyM wrote:
Tomac had another chance to holeshot and he screwed the pooch on that much like he's screwing his title chances this season. How many chances does...
POS. #
02 - St. Louis
HOMETOWN/BIKE
MONSTER ENERGY AMA SUPERCROSS
GLENDALE
STATE FARM STADIUM
ROUND 4 OF 17 - JANUARY 25, 2020
450SX
1 94 Ken Roczen 92
2 3 Eli Tomac 84
3 51 Justin Barcia 81
4 21 Jason Anderson 78
5 1 Cooper Webb 72
6 9 Adam Cianciarulo 71
7 10 Justin Brayton 63
8 27 Malcolm Stewart 62
1/27/2020 1:20am
yz133rider wrote:
Tomac got screwed both times. Both times he had a great shot to make up points on kenny. That's racing tho.
To be fair the only thing that screwed him is his inability to consistently start near the front.
gregyou
1/27/2020 5:32am
mx 219 wrote:

BobbyM wrote:
Are you all there ?
245MX
Fantasy
782nd
1/27/2020 5:48am
Might be cool if in the future the gates were electronically timed. So you could line the riders back up behind the gate and the individual gates would drop the amount they were behind the guy in front. Although probably a lot of technology for an incident that doesn't happen too often.
Question
1/27/2020 5:56am
DPR250R wrote:
Staggered start if one lap is complete.

Good point, and to be really fair, it could even be a "staggered start" without a "full restart" at all.

In half a lap or 1 lap, some passes, spaces and advantages between the riders are already been made ;

with a "staggered start", the riders would get back into the same race with more or less the same advantages or disadvantages, with still plenty of racing left to get in the position that would reflect their start and their speed.
HD1200
1/27/2020 6:45am
TDeath21 wrote:
I agree if a lap is completed you have a set running order that has went through timing and scoring. I don't see the reason for...
I agree if a lap is completed you have a set running order that has went through timing and scoring. I don't see the reason for a full restart at that point.
What if 6-8 guys go down because of 1 riders mistake, why should they be penalized and be at the back of the restart? The restart gives them an opportunity as well.
Racerman967
1/27/2020 7:18am
I think the Blose red flag was partially due t it being in the whoops and having everyone roll the whoops for 3 or 4 laps whould have resulted in other guys going down.
yz133rider
1/27/2020 8:31am
yz133rider wrote:
To be fair the only thing that screwed him is his inability to consistently start near the front.
To be fair the only thing that bailed roczen out was the restarts as he was behind tomac both times before the red flags.
kiwifan
1/27/2020 10:24am
yz133rider wrote:
yz133rider wrote:
To be fair the only thing that bailed roczen out was the restarts as he was behind tomac both times before the red flags.
it is all academic, for all we know Kenny might of blitzed through the pack and won anyway, he certainly was the fastest guy out there.

mx 219
Fantasy
1150th
1/27/2020 11:35am Edited Date/Time 1/27/2020 11:35am
yz133rider wrote:
kiwifan wrote:
it is all academic, for all we know Kenny might of blitzed through the pack and won anyway, he certainly was the fastest guy out there.

It's not like Eli didn't catch back up to him in the first main or anything after Kenny pulled a little gap.

I won't say that Kenny wouldn't have passed Eli in those 2 races, but I guess we will never know. I think Eli could have kept Kenny behind him, just like Kenny kept Eli behind him in Main 1.
datkin128
1/27/2020 11:59am
mx 219 wrote:
It's not like Eli didn't catch back up to him in the first main or anything after Kenny pulled a little gap. I won't say that...
It's not like Eli didn't catch back up to him in the first main or anything after Kenny pulled a little gap.

I won't say that Kenny wouldn't have passed Eli in those 2 races, but I guess we will never know. I think Eli could have kept Kenny behind him, just like Kenny kept Eli behind him in Main 1.
I don’t think any of this will matter in the end as it’s just for an overall in one race. One got first and one got 2nd. However, I always hate when the outcome of a race seems to be changed by a red flag restart. Kenny was pretty buried in one of the red flags and I don’t think for a second he would have won that. I wish they would restart them in the order they were regardless so positions gained in the red flag race were retained.
Press516
Fantasy
111th
1/27/2020 12:16pm
Anderson and Tomac got worked by the red flags... I think Ando wins that one with the way it was playing out. Huge impact to the results in my opinion.

As stated by the majority of Vital fans (rofl) I think the staggered start if 1 lap has been completed by the leader is a MUCH fairer way to conduct the restarts.
1/27/2020 12:25pm
245MX wrote:
Might be cool if in the future the gates were electronically timed. So you could line the riders back up behind the gate and the individual...
Might be cool if in the future the gates were electronically timed. So you could line the riders back up behind the gate and the individual gates would drop the amount they were behind the guy in front. Although probably a lot of technology for an incident that doesn't happen too often.
pretty cool concept except for the amount of times they crossed the start straight in this race, it was possibly 5 times they went back on to the start straight

Post a reply to: Red flag restarts suck

The Latest