Red ktm`s

Edited Date/Time 11/13/2019 7:04am
Browsing the net i found this pic maybe its a preview of the new gasgas(ktm)

|
jbrown15
11/9/2019 3:30pm
Well the bike appears to be at a show booth for R-tech MX. From a quick internet search it appears that they sell allot of plastics kits so I’m going to assume it’s just red plastics for a KTM. Nothing more.
fullfloater
Fantasy
10th
11/9/2019 4:56pm
Which designer do we need to fire for picking 04 for a number? You had one job!
mikec265
11/11/2019 10:24am
Just 4 is already taken by Brake Bracket
ga_pike
11/11/2019 10:48am
I thought I read somewhere that GG was shooting for 2020 MX. I wonder if that is true. Might be an opportunity for Tickle if he looks good in his return to SX.

The Shop

11/11/2019 11:00am
The designer was probably inspired by Factory Ducati's top MXGP rider Andrea Dovizioso.
He's fast on his SXF-250:
Ray_MXS
11/11/2019 11:25am Edited Date/Time 11/11/2019 11:25am
ga_pike wrote:
I thought I read somewhere that GG was shooting for 2020 MX. I wonder if that is true. Might be an opportunity for Tickle if he...
I thought I read somewhere that GG was shooting for 2020 MX. I wonder if that is true. Might be an opportunity for Tickle if he looks good in his return to SX.
There's no way KTM group can have an all new, proper competitive GasGas bike ready for next year. They can't just slab red plastics on a ktm and call it a GasGas. Production rule and all that.
11/11/2019 11:37am Edited Date/Time 11/11/2019 11:38am
ga_pike wrote:
I thought I read somewhere that GG was shooting for 2020 MX. I wonder if that is true. Might be an opportunity for Tickle if he...
Ray_MXS wrote:
There's no way KTM group can have an all new, proper competitive GasGas bike ready for next year. They can't just slab red plastics on a...
There's no way KTM group can have an all new, proper competitive GasGas bike ready for next year. They can't just slab red plastics on a ktm and call it a GasGas. Production rule and all that.
They can call it a KTM on paperwork but the bike can say GasGas on the side. So can the Semi. nothing in the rulebook that says you have to use OEM Shaped plastics. they could design new body work to bolt right up to a current KTM/Husky
Ray_MXS
11/11/2019 11:41am
ga_pike wrote:
Ray_MXS wrote:
There's no way KTM group can have an all new, proper competitive GasGas bike ready for next year. They can't just slab red plastics on a...
They can call it a KTM on paperwork but the bike can say GasGas on the side. So can the Semi. nothing in the rulebook that...
They can call it a KTM on paperwork but the bike can say GasGas on the side. So can the Semi. nothing in the rulebook that says you have to use OEM Shaped plastics. they could design new body work to bolt right up to a current KTM/Husky
Hmm yeah well maybe. But that bike wouldn't be a GasGas, it would be a KTM with different plastics. I don't know what falls under false advertising, especially when it's the same company, but if isn't actually a GasGas, it doesn't seem right they are allowed to put GasGas logos all over it.
colintrax
Fantasy
2342nd
11/11/2019 11:44am
Ray_MXS wrote:
Hmm yeah well maybe. But that bike wouldn't be a GasGas, it would be a KTM with different plastics. I don't know what falls under false...
Hmm yeah well maybe. But that bike wouldn't be a GasGas, it would be a KTM with different plastics. I don't know what falls under false advertising, especially when it's the same company, but if isn't actually a GasGas, it doesn't seem right they are allowed to put GasGas logos all over it.
You might be surprised to know that occasionally the brand name doesnt match the product the pros are using.
snackfedbear
11/11/2019 11:50am
Ray_MXS wrote:
Hmm yeah well maybe. But that bike wouldn't be a GasGas, it would be a KTM with different plastics. I don't know what falls under false...
What do you think husqvarna is?
Spergen
11/11/2019 11:50am
colintrax wrote:
You might be surprised to know that occasionally the brand name doesnt match the product the pros are using.
Occasionally ! 🤣🤣🤣
Ray_MXS
11/11/2019 12:03pm
Ray_MXS wrote:
What do you think husqvarna is?
Don't be stupid.

Homologation rules and all that.
GODZILLA
11/11/2019 12:11pm Edited Date/Time 11/11/2019 12:13pm
Ray_MXS wrote:
What do you think the official full factory Gas Gas Dakar team was already doing with their KTMs?
Laughing

Motocrossjunky
Fantasy
1180th
11/11/2019 12:21pm
ga_pike wrote:
Ray_MXS wrote:
No such rules in GP’s
ga_pike
11/11/2019 12:26pm
ga_pike wrote:
Ray_MXS wrote:
I understand what you are saying but why not? If they wanted, they could release a number of red KTM's with Gas Gas badging in the US simply to meet the rules. Didn't they do similar for the first year Husky before starting separate development? Maybe I remember that wrong.

Anyway, it was just a thought for how to get the brand into the US racing quickly.
Ray_MXS
11/11/2019 12:32pm
ga_pike wrote:
I understand what you are saying but why not? If they wanted, they could release a number of red KTM's with Gas Gas badging in the...
I understand what you are saying but why not? If they wanted, they could release a number of red KTM's with Gas Gas badging in the US simply to meet the rules. Didn't they do similar for the first year Husky before starting separate development? Maybe I remember that wrong.

Anyway, it was just a thought for how to get the brand into the US racing quickly.
Yeah I guess. It just feels very wrong.

I hope I'm wrong. More teams are just good.
11/12/2019 3:42am Edited Date/Time 11/12/2019 3:42am
Yes it says racetech on the bike so thats a given , but this thread was more about getting a glimpse in to the future on how the gasgas bikes may look. Since ktm have stated that they are gone be basically a ktm
gsxr6
11/12/2019 6:36pm
Ktm Fielding a red colored bike will literally complete their takeover of the sport. After they went to orange I always thought, why not just go to red like Honda. The red plastics look far better than almost every orange ktm I have ever seen. And a name like gas gas. The potential is huge. Perhaps in the future when all bikes we buy are electric we will get our gas in the name lol.
fullfloater
Fantasy
10th
11/13/2019 1:58am Edited Date/Time 11/13/2019 2:02am
#434 wrote:
The designer was probably inspired by Factory Ducati's top MXGP rider Andrea Dovizioso. He's fast on his SXF-250: [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/11/11/384380/s1200_dovizioso.jpg[/img]
The designer was probably inspired by Factory Ducati's top MXGP rider Andrea Dovizioso.
He's fast on his SXF-250:
I'm happy to fire Dovizioso's designer as well. Looks like somebody tried to put 40 on the plates but drank a crate first.
Markee
Fantasy
1890th
11/13/2019 3:14am
I'm happy to fire Dovizioso's designer as well. Looks like somebody tried to put 40 on the plates but drank a crate first.
Timo_2824
11/13/2019 4:48am
This is the 2020 and maybe last Gas Gas as we know it now. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/11/12/384526/s1200_IAY3SHRA3YE7WKFYVQCDE4C6HU.jpg[/img] edit ktm interview https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=109&v=FKS1p_zhrJk&feature=emb_logo
This is the 2020 and maybe last Gas Gas as we know it now.

edit ktm interview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=109&v=FKS1p_zhrJk&feature=e…
Looks like they were already using WP frame and swingarm with KYB suspension.
LungButter
11/13/2019 5:15am
Ray_MXS wrote:
You mean like the exact thing Gas Gas has been doing in Dakar for years?
Ray_MXS
11/13/2019 5:16am
LungButter wrote:
You mean like the exact thing Gas Gas has been doing in Dakar for years?
Yeah I didn't know about that. Seems wierd to me.
Silas444
11/13/2019 5:49am
Little by little and bit by bit, the silly, conformist concept that a Honda is red and a Yamaha is dark blue and a KTM is orange and a Kawi is light green - is going bye-bye. And to that I say hallelujah! The color of the plastics/graphics on any given bike should be determined by it's owner, NOT by it's manufacturer. There should be as many options open to us as the market/aftermarket will bear, and not just regarding the color of the plastic, but the SHAPE of it as well. The OEM's have done a very good job of making us believe otherwise, and far too many of us remain gullible and still see our little world as needing to be rigidly orthodox....... but the times they are a-changin'.
bierbower105
11/13/2019 7:04am
Silas444 wrote:
Little by little and bit by bit, the silly, conformist concept that a Honda is red and a Yamaha is dark blue and a KTM is...
Little by little and bit by bit, the silly, conformist concept that a Honda is red and a Yamaha is dark blue and a KTM is orange and a Kawi is light green - is going bye-bye. And to that I say hallelujah! The color of the plastics/graphics on any given bike should be determined by it's owner, NOT by it's manufacturer. There should be as many options open to us as the market/aftermarket will bear, and not just regarding the color of the plastic, but the SHAPE of it as well. The OEM's have done a very good job of making us believe otherwise, and far too many of us remain gullible and still see our little world as needing to be rigidly orthodox....... but the times they are a-changin'.
How are little moto kids going to learn colors? Cause that's how my dad taught me.

Post a reply to: Red ktm`s

The Latest