Reed hurt?

logan_140
10/21/2017 5:29am
logan_140 wrote:
Said his bike endoed in the sand and he rag dolled after that
NoeOrtiz wrote:
Where did you find that info at? Can you send a link
Edit: never mind. I just saw your other responses. Thanks for the info
My buddy who is a practice mechanic for a top rider.
Gus
10/21/2017 5:39am
Was he awake or at least moving everything? That would say a lot.
ATKpilot99
10/21/2017 5:41am
philG wrote:
Riders getting hurt in what are effectively fairground races.. Monster Cup and RBSR need to go away.
Or you could go away.
22Ryann
Fantasy
3989th
10/21/2017 5:46am
So bummed.

The Shop

block75
10/21/2017 5:47am
With the amount of press, people etc at this event there has been little to no word from any reputable media or industry source in regards to anything, so it's hard to gauge exactly what and how bad it is that may have happened to one of the Reed family
reded
10/21/2017 5:50am
philG wrote:
Riders getting hurt in what are effectively fairground races.. Monster Cup and RBSR need to go away.
Does it really matter where you're at when you get hurt? Anytime the wheels are in motion there's a chance of getting hurt....Jimmy Button is one good example.
10/21/2017 5:51am
philG wrote:
Although Im not a huge fan of MEC & RBSR, I don't get your thinking...

No matter if it's a championship race, a 'fairground' race as you call it, the MXDN or even a practice/training video,- it's all serving a purpose to the sponsors. Its ALL promotion. Its all 'bums on seats' and showcasing the sponsors. You could argue an off season 'feature' race such as this has greater appeal than lets say a mid season SX race as there's nothing else going on.?

twotwosix
10/21/2017 5:52am Edited Date/Time 10/21/2017 11:06am
Unfortunately I also heard they left in a hurry to get Chad looked at in proper hospital.

Prayers for good news and quick healing Reedy.
zookrider62!
Fantasy
975th
10/21/2017 6:00am
philG wrote:
Usually riders get hurt trainimg for the season, we should have them stop training.

After training, most injuries occur at the races, we should probably stop those too.

Voila, no more injuries
wnorton729
Fantasy
1448th
10/21/2017 6:17am
Damn, gutted for the guy. Always been a huge CR fan, hopefully it's nothing to major and he's able to line up for A1. I wouldn't take it to the bank though, close to 36 and an injury like this could be enough to call it a career. I hope not though! Just weird man, this guy use to be one of the most consistent dudes out there and never crashed. Since his big one in Dallas and the Chadapult it just seems like it's been more of a routine. Prayers for a quick recovery.
jonesaustin
10/21/2017 6:23am
This is a shame to read this morning. Really wanted to see him out there. All this time away from competitively riding a 250 two stroke, I mean, those bikes are just so vastly different, I wonder if that's what contributed to this.
10/21/2017 6:23am
block75 wrote:
With the amount of press, people etc at this event there has been little to no word from any reputable media or industry source in regards...
With the amount of press, people etc at this event there has been little to no word from any reputable media or industry source in regards to anything, so it's hard to gauge exactly what and how bad it is that may have happened to one of the Reed family
This!. Gutted for the guy....best wishes Chad.
logan_140
10/21/2017 6:26am
This is a shame to read this morning. Really wanted to see him out there. All this time away from competitively riding a 250 two stroke...
This is a shame to read this morning. Really wanted to see him out there. All this time away from competitively riding a 250 two stroke, I mean, those bikes are just so vastly different, I wonder if that's what contributed to this.
That's what I'm thinking. I'm thinking it either cut out or bogged before jumping into the sand section.
philG
10/21/2017 6:32am
philG wrote:
reded wrote:
Does it really matter where you're at when you get hurt? Anytime the wheels are in motion there's a chance of getting hurt....Jimmy Button is one...
Does it really matter where you're at when you get hurt? Anytime the wheels are in motion there's a chance of getting hurt....Jimmy Button is one good example.
It does to me.. you can get hurt anywhere, like you say, Jimmy Button, Ernesto Fonseca, and numerous others as far back as Donnie Hansen, but RBSR is a dodgy concept, IMO, you are never going to have a small crash on what is basically an extreme SX dragstrip..

And for what , nobody cares who wins, it doesnt mean anything, Monster Cup is all about everyone trying to beat the guy that wins the first race in the other 2, but its meaningless, in the big scheme of things. It was 30 mins of entertainment , that basically had 5 mins of excitement, and the rest was just running down the clock.

Now Reed, who has no deal, has hurt himself, we dont know how badly, on a bike that he cant race anywhere else (so why do it) and possibly screwed himself over for 2018 before it even started .. for what ?
tprice07
10/21/2017 6:34am
The silence sucks. but I can’t inagine Ellie would post that picture if it was a serious injury. I’m hoping for some bruising and no breaks.

I have a friend who broke the tip of his tail bone in a motorcycle accident and he was running around a few days later. Again hope for the best. Really have become a fan of Chad, Ellie and his whole family.
wnorton729
Fantasy
1448th
10/21/2017 6:36am
This is a shame to read this morning. Really wanted to see him out there. All this time away from competitively riding a 250 two stroke...
logan_140 wrote:
That's what I'm thinking. I'm thinking it either cut out or bogged before jumping into the sand section.
Honestly, it could have a little bit to do with his style. He tends to ride towards the front of the bike a lot. Crash in Dallas, chadapult (rear wheel kicked out), also I can't really remember exactly which races but he's had a lot of similar crashes with going over the bars lately.
RonJon
10/21/2017 6:38am
philG wrote:
reded wrote:
Does it really matter where you're at when you get hurt? Anytime the wheels are in motion there's a chance of getting hurt....Jimmy Button is one...
philG wrote:
It does to me.. you can get hurt anywhere, like you say, Jimmy Button, Ernesto Fonseca, and numerous others as far back as Donnie Hansen, but...
It does to me.. you can get hurt anywhere, like you say, Jimmy Button, Ernesto Fonseca, and numerous others as far back as Donnie Hansen, but RBSR is a dodgy concept, IMO, you are never going to have a small crash on what is basically an extreme SX dragstrip..

And for what , nobody cares who wins, it doesnt mean anything, Monster Cup is all about everyone trying to beat the guy that wins the first race in the other 2, but its meaningless, in the big scheme of things. It was 30 mins of entertainment , that basically had 5 mins of excitement, and the rest was just running down the clock.

Now Reed, who has no deal, has hurt himself, we dont know how badly, on a bike that he cant race anywhere else (so why do it) and possibly screwed himself over for 2018 before it even started .. for what ?
For what? Because of the same reason all of us get on a bike. The love of riding and competition. Reed even said himself that this event would be a lot of fun mixing it up on two strokes. Don't be such a wet blanket. Before the monster cup and straight rhythm, there was the US Open and over seas races. Before those it was the winter races in florida and a dozen other events that the pros did for fun and training.
Camp332
10/21/2017 6:43am
Fuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhh! Bro I'm bummed
Question
10/21/2017 6:51am
Sending positive vibes hoping for a speedy recovery.
philG
10/21/2017 6:55am
RonJon wrote:
For what? Because of the same reason all of us get on a bike. The love of riding and competition. Reed even said himself that this...
For what? Because of the same reason all of us get on a bike. The love of riding and competition. Reed even said himself that this event would be a lot of fun mixing it up on two strokes. Don't be such a wet blanket. Before the monster cup and straight rhythm, there was the US Open and over seas races. Before those it was the winter races in florida and a dozen other events that the pros did for fun and training.
The winter SX circuit in Europe, is all the SX we have, and for guys to come do that ,puts them in front of a new audience , who may only ever get to see them at that one event . I think doing a few races prior to A1 is a good idea, but thats proper races , not pony shows, where the entry is sponsor dictated.

Its great Chad wants to rip on a 250 2T but is RBSR the place to be doing it ? I watch it and think 'shit, one tiny mistake and you aren't getting up i a hurry' .. it doesnt entertain me at all, just worries me.
captmoto
10/21/2017 6:58am
reded wrote:
Or a horrible example.

The tip of the spine says tailbone fracture to me.

Pomona Valley Hospital is 5 minutes away and a top notch hospital and trauma center.
reded
10/21/2017 7:13am
Don't overthink it. I wasn't implying the worst for Reed, I'm thinking tailbone as well. I was trying to make a point that no matter if you're racing, playing or working, injuries happen. Button was a case of worst case scenario in the slowest of tip-overs.
10/21/2017 7:22am
philG wrote:
It does to me.. you can get hurt anywhere, like you say, Jimmy Button, Ernesto Fonseca, and numerous others as far back as Donnie Hansen, but...

So, someone goes out for a weekend of riding with their buddies. They have a crash, injure themselves in a way that potentially puts them out of work for the next 6 months. It was just a meaningless fun day out with their buddies, with zero potential to win any money, or get paid by sponsors, completely different deal than MEC and RBSR. Do the average joes give up riding for fun because the potential danger to get injured is there?
flatout111
10/21/2017 7:32am
Prayers for the Reed family.
philG
10/21/2017 7:32am
So, someone goes out for a weekend of riding with their buddies. They have a crash, injure themselves in a way that potentially puts them out...
So, someone goes out for a weekend of riding with their buddies. They have a crash, injure themselves in a way that potentially puts them out of work for the next 6 months. It was just a meaningless fun day out with their buddies, with zero potential to win any money, or get paid by sponsors, completely different deal than MEC and RBSR. Do the average joes give up riding for fun because the potential danger to get injured is there?
Yeah, loads of folk quit because they are scared to get hurt , happens all the time.

Its like when Herlings nailed himself on the 85, doing a nothing race that he had to do to fill sponsor obligation.. there is no upside to participation, other than trying not to get hurt .

disbanded
Fantasy
1842nd
10/21/2017 7:36am
philG wrote:
Yeah, loads of folk quit because they are scared to get hurt , happens all the time. Its like when Herlings nailed himself on the 85...
Yeah, loads of folk quit because they are scared to get hurt , happens all the time.

Its like when Herlings nailed himself on the 85, doing a nothing race that he had to do to fill sponsor obligation.. there is no upside to participation, other than trying not to get hurt .

Just shut up
brocster
10/21/2017 7:37am
RonJon wrote:
For what? Because of the same reason all of us get on a bike. The love of riding and competition. Reed even said himself that this...
philG wrote:
The winter SX circuit in Europe, is all the SX we have, and for guys to come do that ,puts them in front of a new...
The winter SX circuit in Europe, is all the SX we have, and for guys to come do that ,puts them in front of a new audience , who may only ever get to see them at that one event . I think doing a few races prior to A1 is a good idea, but thats proper races , not pony shows, where the entry is sponsor dictated.

Its great Chad wants to rip on a 250 2T but is RBSR the place to be doing it ? I watch it and think 'shit, one tiny mistake and you aren't getting up i a hurry' .. it doesnt entertain me at all, just worries me.
So you are saying that they should only do US SX, MX and whatever other off season race YOU can dream up a justifiable reason for doing? Yeah lets totally dis regard what THEY want to do. Just because it worries you doesn't mean it worries them. Live and let live...
JM485
philG wrote:
The winter SX circuit in Europe, is all the SX we have, and for guys to come do that ,puts them in front of a new...

Please shut up, nobody cares whether it's entertaining to you or not, thousands of others love watching this event and everyone in that two stroke race was there because they wanted to have some fun and mix it up in a race with no pressure or expectations. I'd be shocked if sponsors are who made any of those guys line up for this, the bottom line is Redbull created a fun event where multiple top guys from past and present wanted to give it a go, and that says a lot. I've ridden one of the amateur races they had last year and it was easily one of my favorite races I've done in my life, so if that's meaningless to you then piss off dude, nobody cares what you think.
oshow
block75 wrote:
With the amount of press, people etc at this event there has been little to no word from any reputable media or industry source in regards...
#76 wrote:
This!. Gutted for the guy....best wishes Chad.
logan_140
10/21/2017 7:39am
RonJon wrote:
philG wrote:

To me if what I heard happened is true it almost sounds like the bike cut out our bogged.

Post a reply to: Reed hurt?

The Latest