Reeds Return to 2021 SX.....

Max D
6/18/2020 3:08pm
Awesome idea, I really hope he comes back another year to ride around in 17th place. The fans just can't get enough of those legendary lcq...
Awesome idea, I really hope he comes back another year to ride around in 17th place. The fans just can't get enough of those legendary lcq podium battles.
You're missing the point. He has nothing to prove to anyone. IMO the fans don't give a shit where he places.
Ramrod
Fantasy
1692nd
6/18/2020 3:15pm
Max D wrote:
I hope he comes back on a Yamaha! Be cool if he rode a few outdoors too.
-MAVERICK- wrote:
I personally would love to see him back on Yamaha and go full circle with his career. 2022 main event at age 40 on a Yamaha...
I personally would love to see him back on Yamaha and go full circle with his career.

2022 main event at age 40 on a Yamaha and sail off into the sunset.
This is a cool thought and dream but last time he was on the Yamaha it was nothing but criticism.

I wish he then could become the Yamaha ambassador and ride all their bikes but he's gotta talk nothing but sincere praise and enjoyment of the Yamaha bikes. Chad's a hard to please guy, I have to believe him though, he's delivered.
RCMXracing
6/18/2020 4:16pm
Max D wrote:
I hope he comes back on a Yamaha! Be cool if he rode a few outdoors too.
-MAVERICK- wrote:
I personally would love to see him back on Yamaha and go full circle with his career. 2022 main event at age 40 on a Yamaha...
I personally would love to see him back on Yamaha and go full circle with his career.

2022 main event at age 40 on a Yamaha and sail off into the sunset.
Ramrod wrote:
This is a cool thought and dream but last time he was on the Yamaha it was nothing but criticism. I wish he then could become...
This is a cool thought and dream but last time he was on the Yamaha it was nothing but criticism.

I wish he then could become the Yamaha ambassador and ride all their bikes but he's gotta talk nothing but sincere praise and enjoyment of the Yamaha bikes. Chad's a hard to please guy, I have to believe him though, he's delivered.
Possibly he could turn it around for Yamaha. Start with the engine.
Max D
6/18/2020 6:43pm Edited Date/Time 6/18/2020 6:48pm
Spergen wrote:
Should do it on a retro 250smoker
I agree! 1 more race on a YZ 250 at his favorite track, or his most successful, whatever floats his boat. Only problem is, he is extremely hard on himself still to this day for not going straight to the main. I'm not sure if he would make the main on a 2 smoke....... I mean, I guess it's possible, but they seem to have the 4's dialed in these days.

The Shop

Joe512
6/19/2020 9:12am
Come back yes but I think he'd retire before he went back to Yamaha.
SoCalMX70
6/19/2020 2:55pm
The guys here, on Facebook, instagram, etc. who talk shit saying he needs to retire... Obviously have never had a passion for anything in their fuckin lives.

If he wants to race, he should race. The kids who can't beat him for a qualifying spot can continue to be embarrassed by someone twice their age.

I'm guessing he's back for a handful next year then 1 or 2 in 2022 to qualify at 40.
6/19/2020 3:06pm
Joe512 wrote:
Come back yes but I think he'd retire before he went back to Yamaha.
I agree, I do not think his last experience with Yamaha was a good one for him.
level
6/19/2020 4:12pm Edited Date/Time 6/19/2020 4:13pm
If he is not going for wins I don’t want to see him back. He could ride much faster and more competitive if he wanted too.

It’s late in his career and age and has nothing to prove and it’s not worth getting hurt. He is not really accomplishing anything but it’s his decision and life if he’s fine going out there getting top 20s then fine with me.

He looks a lot better on that Ktm though.
RG1
6/22/2020 1:48am
He deserves more than to retire in an empty stadium
Crush
6/22/2020 1:56am
I love seeing him out there, because at that age to still be competitive is pretty cool...

As for next year, sure, if it's his focus. I think SX is too fucking dangerous if it's not your main piece. The idea of part-timing it seems to be asking for trouble.
mxgoon
6/22/2020 1:59am
If his Lambo deal which is still not locked in falls through who knows. He may just go around again.
aaryn #234
Fantasy
2475th
6/22/2020 2:45am
beamer wrote:
You can't have a One Last Ride Tour if its not your F'n last ride!
It is the Australian thing to do.

The last season should last at least 2-3 years.

A singer's last concert tour should be done across ten years with the final tour held on multiple occasions.

Every heard an Aussie say just one more beer! If they leave within 5 more beers, they are not really an Aussie.

CR22 should do at least one more one last ride.
Crush
6/22/2020 3:50am
RCMXracing wrote:
Possibly he could turn it around for Yamaha. Start with the engine.

Alex.434
6/23/2020 11:53am
I expect to see him do some select races like:

1) A1
2) San Diego
3) Daytona
O&GDriller
6/23/2020 12:12pm Edited Date/Time 6/23/2020 12:36pm
If you look up the word "narcissist" in the dictionary you'll see a picture of Reed. He's so in love with himself and needing of attention he'll definitely race some select races just to hear folks clap and cheer for him as his ego demands. Hell, the only reason he lined up this year was to hear the adoration expressed by his "fans". Many who dislike Reed see this year as the ultimate irony. He lined up to participate in the SX series just to hear fans and then the virus thing came around and for the last half of the season there weren't any fans in attendance to stroke his narcissist ego. Too funny. It couldn't of happened to a "nicer" guy.

Narcissist - a person who has an excessive interest in or admiration of themselves.

Narcissistic personality disorder — one of several types of personality disorders — is a mental condition in which people have an inflated sense of their own importance, a deep need for excessive attention and admiration, troubled relationships, and a lack of empathy for others.
brett12486
6/23/2020 12:46pm
O&GDriller wrote:
If you look up the word "narcissist" in the dictionary you'll see a picture of Reed. He's so in love with himself and needing of attention...
If you look up the word "narcissist" in the dictionary you'll see a picture of Reed. He's so in love with himself and needing of attention he'll definitely race some select races just to hear folks clap and cheer for him as his ego demands. Hell, the only reason he lined up this year was to hear the adoration expressed by his "fans". Many who dislike Reed see this year as the ultimate irony. He lined up to participate in the SX series just to hear fans and then the virus thing came around and for the last half of the season there weren't any fans in attendance to stroke his narcissist ego. Too funny. It couldn't of happened to a "nicer" guy.

Narcissist - a person who has an excessive interest in or admiration of themselves.

Narcissistic personality disorder — one of several types of personality disorders — is a mental condition in which people have an inflated sense of their own importance, a deep need for excessive attention and admiration, troubled relationships, and a lack of empathy for others.
Narcissistic or not you can’t argue with the fact Reed is still a fan favorite despite what the people on these forums post. Anytime he does anything good at the races he gets the loudest applause even more so the the guys still racing in their prime.
Momus
6/23/2020 1:28pm
O&GDriller wrote:
If you look up the word "narcissist" in the dictionary you'll see a picture of Reed. He's so in love with himself and needing of attention...

Lols Look up 'misanthropist' and 'curmudgeon' for a insight into your psyche.

I don't know about now but for a long time Chad was the biggest merchandise seller. Must be doing something right with people?
O&GDriller
6/23/2020 2:25pm Edited Date/Time 6/23/2020 2:30pm
O&GDriller wrote:

Momus wrote:
Lols Look up 'misanthropist' and 'curmudgeon' for a insight into your psyche. I don't know about now but for a long time Chad was the biggest...

I don't know about now but for a long time Chad was the biggest merchandise seller. Must be doing something right with people?
Neither misanthropist nor curmudgeon accurately describe my "psyche". Additionally, I never argued he wasn't a VERY accomplished rider or fan favorite or that he sold a lot of shit. Those two observations are facts. I take issue with how he went about attaining some of his accomplishments and his general attitude.

My issue with Chad is he's done dirty deeds to a number of Pro's I know personally. He's hurt people or attempted to hurt people many times retaliating for incidents that were truly accidental and just happened while he was in the vicinity or directly involved. He also never cared if a move on his part to advance his position resulted in carnage.
Post incident he sees the "red mist" and makes a take out move that he'd condemn another rider for pulling on him. I don't understand why so many have a hard time with some fans not caring for a particular rider like Chad, especially when there is a valid reason for the dislike. Two names that immediately pop to mind that he's done dirty deeds to are Canard and Dungey. Many, many more examples but my point is we should be allowed to have differing views on people who participate at a professional level in a business we love.

A perfect depiction of Chad is he's the Dale Earnhardt of the MX world. Dale would whine like a little girl if somebody passed him, rubbed him or made a good race craft move on him. However, his entire career his trademark was intentionally taking out a fellow racer(s) if it advanced his position regardless of the injury or equipment damage his move resulted. In racing it goes both ways, you can't have your cake and eat it too. We ought to be able to agree to disagree without it getting personal. That's all.

P.S. I didn't have to look up misanthropist or curmudgeon as those words are in my vocabulary....
greenmx5
6/23/2020 2:44pm Edited Date/Time 6/23/2020 2:46pm
Imagine how it would have been Sunday if him and Ellie rode down the start straight in a stadium with fans. Reed did the "one last ride" for the fans. There were probably thousands of people that bought tickets to the last 7 rounds that feel a little robbed of not seeing him one more time. If you don't agree, you haven't seen his autograph lines still in 2020
SoCalMX70
6/23/2020 2:52pm
O&GDriller wrote:

Momus wrote:
Lols Look up 'misanthropist' and 'curmudgeon' for a insight into your psyche. I don't know about now but for a long time Chad was the biggest...

O&GDriller wrote:
Neither misanthropist nor curmudgeon accurately describe my "psyche". Additionally, I never argued he wasn't a VERY accomplished rider or fan favorite or that he sold a...
Neither misanthropist nor curmudgeon accurately describe my "psyche". Additionally, I never argued he wasn't a VERY accomplished rider or fan favorite or that he sold a lot of shit. Those two observations are facts. I take issue with how he went about attaining some of his accomplishments and his general attitude.

My issue with Chad is he's done dirty deeds to a number of Pro's I know personally. He's hurt people or attempted to hurt people many times retaliating for incidents that were truly accidental and just happened while he was in the vicinity or directly involved. He also never cared if a move on his part to advance his position resulted in carnage.
Post incident he sees the "red mist" and makes a take out move that he'd condemn another rider for pulling on him. I don't understand why so many have a hard time with some fans not caring for a particular rider like Chad, especially when there is a valid reason for the dislike. Two names that immediately pop to mind that he's done dirty deeds to are Canard and Dungey. Many, many more examples but my point is we should be allowed to have differing views on people who participate at a professional level in a business we love.

A perfect depiction of Chad is he's the Dale Earnhardt of the MX world. Dale would whine like a little girl if somebody passed him, rubbed him or made a good race craft move on him. However, his entire career his trademark was intentionally taking out a fellow racer(s) if it advanced his position regardless of the injury or equipment damage his move resulted. In racing it goes both ways, you can't have your cake and eat it too. We ought to be able to agree to disagree without it getting personal. That's all.

P.S. I didn't have to look up misanthropist or curmudgeon as those words are in my vocabulary....
Canard got what he deserved, and it might be the funniest take out I've ever seen. Ran wide into a slow motion endo.

Land on my back at a local slow guy vet race and I'd be fuming. In fact, if anyone told me in the heat of the moment they'd be reacting to the effect of "well gee it was just a racing incident" I'd call them a liar

The Dungey incident was bad. I didn't stop being a fan because of it. Everything else has been fair game as far back as I remember, including the Stew take out at Atlanta. Last lap for the win. Even if it was someone I didn't like I'd just shrug on that one.
O&GDriller
6/23/2020 3:24pm
James, great response to my post without a personal confrontation. We should be able to have discussions such as this without bringing in a bunch of nonsense. I disagree with your position but respect your take on the conversation.
Zesiger 112
Fantasy
2058th
6/23/2020 3:41pm
If Gas Gas has a team you know he will have to take a turn on that.
RG1
6/23/2020 4:34pm
O&GDriller wrote:

Momus wrote:

O&GDriller wrote:
Neither misanthropist nor curmudgeon accurately describe my "psyche". Additionally, I never argued he wasn't a VERY accomplished rider or fan favorite or that he sold a...

I can understand people not liking Reed’s personality, he is abrasive and I’m sure he’d admit that, but it’s that attitude that made him so good when he was at his best. However, I have never really heard many people criticise him for being dangerous or dirty at any point during his career, which has been a very long one. As far as I’m concerned he’s always been a hard but fair racer, sure he’s had a couple of controversial moments, but it’s very difficult to race at the very top level for 20 years and not have at least a couple of those.

As far as the Canard and Dungey moments are concerned, Canard made a dumb move riding like a grenade with the pin pulled as he often did and Reed bumped him when they got up, it was pretty slow speed and Canard probably wouldn’t have crashed had he not been pulling a tear off when the contact was made. The Dungey moment was bad sportsmanship on his part but again, he never put anyone in danger
CPR
6/24/2020 4:58am
I think Weege summed it up very well on instagram:

jasonweigandt
Is there anything more Chad Reed than this salty, stubborn, competitive, head-strong bastard ending his career with a top-ten finish, his best of the season? Anything more Chad Reed than Chad Reed going testing before this race, still trying to improve his setting? It was completely on-brand, doing what shouldn’t be done and wouldn’t be done by any other, which is the counter-culture us-against-the-grain-and-the-world mentality that it took to battle guys like James Stewart and Ricky Carmichael. Everyone on earth (besides Chad and his wife Ellie) knew you shouldn’t and couldn’t challenge those guys. Chad and Ellie would never believe that, so they did it. You could argue it’s more fitting for a great athlete to retire with a win, but that would be too normal for Chad. Because he could have retired as a winner five years ago but he kept freaking racing and believing and testing until he was 38, older than anyone who has ever made a supercross main in the top class (by far). But even hurt and old, Chad managed to avoid the indignity of missing the main event, slithering in through the Last Chance Qualifiers earlier this year, and then playing the game right and getting through the heats as he got healthier. Then, finally, grinding back into the top ten. Riders at Chad’s level—multi-time champion level—never go this deep. They never keep racing to the point where the LCQ is a real threat. But that’s the way normal riders do it. Chad does nothing like anyone else, good or bad. It’s made it fun to watch, talk about and discuss for the last 20 years, further punctuated by Chad’s willingness to advertise it. He wanted everyone to know he thought differently. He wanted to work the fans and media game just as hard as he wanted to get better on the race track. Some athletes only care about one part. Chad cared about all the parts. Still does.

Actually, I’m wrong. The one thing more Chad Reed than a tenth in his last race would be if this is actually not his last race. Right
brocster
6/24/2020 8:22pm
Races a selected few in 2020

Trains in the off season

Comes into 2020 @40 years old ready, and races hard until he doesn’t qualify then rides off into the sunset....for real!

Post a reply to: Reeds Return to 2021 SX.....

The Latest