Reed's Tweet

muGz.147
Fantasy
1792nd
Edited Date/Time 1/26/2012 1:14am
Glen Helen's approval rating is falling faster than a political figure these days or what? This may have been posted already but here it is again:

CRTwoTwo: Confirmed!! I will not be at the USGP glen Hellen sucks so dangerous. Good luck to the gp guys
|
5/7/2010 8:14am
Anyone else think Reed's attitude has changed. Is it fatherhood or just years of just doing it and now it is coming out about all the safety issues?
Regis
Fantasy
340th
5/7/2010 8:16am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 10:40pm
Taking absolutely nothing away from him at all because I think he is one of the greatest ever. Respectfully....

YES.

I think he is getting a little older, a family man, a business man and most importantly a father to Tate and I believe this has a lot to do with the new outspoken attitude. It is completely normal for the majority of pro sports. When you're younger you just don't care as much and don't feel the responsability you do when you get older and are a dad.

I think it is perfectly fine and I think he will win the outdoor title again this year with the maturity he has.
5/7/2010 8:18am
Anyone else think Reed's attitude has changed. Is it fatherhood or just years of just doing it and now it is coming out about all the...
Anyone else think Reed's attitude has changed. Is it fatherhood or just years of just doing it and now it is coming out about all the safety issues?
It seems to me that it has changed, makes you kind of wonder about his decision not to race Daytona too. But hey, if I had live his career, had his money, and was a new father, you couldn't get me to do anything that I didn't want to do either.
DC
5/7/2010 8:23am
Reed's thumb was broken at Daytona. He wanted to ride and told me he thought he could win, but then he went down and that was that.

DC
MX Sports

The Shop

ando
5/7/2010 8:25am
He's also in a position now where his achievements have earned him the requisite amount of respect, and his financial position gives him a level of independence where he is probably no longer bothered if his actions have negative consequences.
Ramrod
Fantasy
1751st
5/7/2010 8:37am
It seems like it's 50/50 with pro riders that like the track or not.

Whatever, I think socal fans should all be pumped. They got a national AND a gp to attend now if they wish along with like 10 anaheim's and a san diego. Must be nice!

Reed can say what he wants.
Farva
5/7/2010 9:06am
When you win as much as Reed has you can talk and people listen.
40Plus_922mx
5/7/2010 9:59am
When you win as muich as Reed has you can say what you want. Unlike Josh Grant.
motogroove
5/7/2010 10:31am
Anyone else think Reed's attitude has changed. Is it fatherhood or just years of just doing it and now it is coming out about all the...
Kids change everything.
Fatherhood even mellowed Brian Deegan a few notches.
Comments about fatherhood around 10:20

http://etnies.com/blog/2009/12/10/deegan-paid-to-play/

motowhore
5/7/2010 11:17am
This is all getting blown into a big fat Whine festival.
Localsteez
5/7/2010 4:21pm
Regis wrote:
Taking absolutely nothing away from him at all because I think he is one of the greatest ever. Respectfully.... YES. I think he is getting a...
Taking absolutely nothing away from him at all because I think he is one of the greatest ever. Respectfully....

YES.

I think he is getting a little older, a family man, a business man and most importantly a father to Tate and I believe this has a lot to do with the new outspoken attitude. It is completely normal for the majority of pro sports. When you're younger you just don't care as much and don't feel the responsability you do when you get older and are a dad.

I think it is perfectly fine and I think he will win the outdoor title again this year with the maturity he has.
Along with what you said, I think the loss of one of his closet friends also might have something to with it.
5/7/2010 4:24pm
Regis wrote:
Taking absolutely nothing away from him at all because I think he is one of the greatest ever. Respectfully.... YES. I think he is getting a...

YES.

Localsteez wrote:
Along with what you said, I think the loss of one of his closet friends also might have something to with it.
In addition to the story out of GH this week about less than open-minded track employees regarding safety....
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
5/7/2010 4:37pm
Chad's a much different guy than he was a couple years ago...for the better.

He's never been afraid to speak his mind.
Titan1
5/7/2010 4:41pm
I think it has to do with a few things:

-Financial Security
-End of Career
-Nothing else to prove
-Loss of friend
-Kid

Likely in that order....

He can piss everyone off and it won't affect his standard of living....where as when he was younger, and still had championships he wanted to win, and didn't have the financial security, and still had a ton to prove....he was less inclined to ruffle feathers (though he's always spoke his mind)...

I like him more and more every year.
5/7/2010 4:41pm
GuyB wrote:
Chad's a much different guy than he was a couple years ago...for the better.

He's never been afraid to speak his mind.
Same attitude towards racing tho? After his blow up after Phx and saying he couldn't wait to be done, the track safety issues coming up, his kid being born...does he still have that killer drive that he has had in the past?
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
5/7/2010 4:45pm
Let's wait until three or four rounds into the outdoors before we start to try to answer that question.

After talking with him for a bit today, I'd say that Andrew McFarlane's death affected him and quite a few of the pro riders a lot, so right now is not a great time to try and answer that one.
WhipMeister
Fantasy
4408th
5/7/2010 4:45pm
Same attitude towards racing tho? After his blow up after Phx and saying he couldn't wait to be done, the track safety issues coming up, his...
Same attitude towards racing tho? After his blow up after Phx and saying he couldn't wait to be done, the track safety issues coming up, his kid being born...does he still have that killer drive that he has had in the past?
Why does an eye on safer conditions exclude "killer drive"?
Outsider
5/7/2010 4:55pm
So Reed thinks GH sucks... never saw that coming!
NeWskoolmxer
5/7/2010 4:57pm
Let's face it the pace of supercross is just dangerous, but the sport has always been dangerous. I think that mototcross is just way better for the sport then supercross. I'm only 16 but I know that alot of guys get hurt and will get hurt worrying about speed, speed, speed. It's all in the technique.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
5/7/2010 5:29pm
It's not the speed, it's the sudden stops.

Supercross is part of the sport...especially here in the U.S.
oshow
5/7/2010 7:21pm
Chad has always spoke what he thought, most people hated on him for it. And has always been a tough SOB.
Zycki11
5/7/2010 7:45pm
Chad's drive shouldn't be questioned right now. He is going about things in a different way. Relaxed, and having fun is a deadly combo. I can't wait for the outdoors. Wish RV wasn't hurt and James was riding the entire series.
5/7/2010 7:47pm
fatherhood makes us all re assess.

We just don't realise how much at the time . Its not about you anymore , its the kids etc.
5/7/2010 7:49pm
GuyB wrote:

Especially the sudden stops with a non-moving object!Pinch
5/7/2010 8:13pm Edited Date/Time 5/7/2010 8:14pm
Zycki11 wrote:
Chad's drive shouldn't be questioned right now. He is going about things in a different way. Relaxed, and having fun is a deadly combo. I can't...
Chad's drive shouldn't be questioned right now. He is going about things in a different way. Relaxed, and having fun is a deadly combo. I can't wait for the outdoors. Wish RV wasn't hurt and James was riding the entire series.
Why shouldn't it? He is still under contract and making a shit load of money and we are fans of his. I agree fatherhood and all that other stuff seems to be playing into it. I'm not sure he is relaxed and being the competitor he is, I doubt it will be fun for him finishing off the box for very long either.
Masonry
5/7/2010 8:15pm
Zycki11 wrote:
Chad's drive shouldn't be questioned right now. He is going about things in a different way. Relaxed, and having fun is a deadly combo. I can't...
Why shouldn't it? He is still under contract and making a shit load of money and we are fans of his. I agree fatherhood and all...
Why shouldn't it? He is still under contract and making a shit load of money and we are fans of his. I agree fatherhood and all that other stuff seems to be playing into it. I'm not sure he is relaxed and being the competitor he is, I doubt it will be fun for him finishing off the box for very long either.
I have a feeling that Reed will bring it tomorrow. He is aware that his seasons with a race win streak is on the line
nytsmaC
5/7/2010 8:34pm
GuyB wrote:

Especially the sudden stops with a non-moving object!Pinch
WTF.. As opposed to the sudden stops with a moving object?
Zycki11
5/7/2010 8:52pm
Why shouldn't it? He is still under contract and making a shit load of money and we are fans of his. I agree fatherhood and all...
We are looking at it differently. I understand for supercross. But the outdoors is a different story. He is obviously driven for that.

Post a reply to: Reed's Tweet

The Latest