Renthal Twinwall question

mx4all
Edited Date/Time 1/30/2019 4:46pm
What's up everybody.

I bought 3 used renthal twin twinwalls 999 and they appear to not be exactly the same. The length seems to varies.. saw that it got some numbers on them that's different between them.
QC 125, QC 148, QC 139 and the bar on my bike got QC 118.
What does QC stand for?

|
1/30/2019 9:49am
That's what I was thinking also. Seems like an irrelevant number being so much different amongst the three seemingly identical bars.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
1/30/2019 9:52am
Have you busted out a tape measure to actually check the length of all 3?
KDXGarage
1/30/2019 10:25am
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Have you busted out a tape measure to actually check the length of all 3?
BLASPHEMY!

The Shop

aroark247
1/30/2019 10:36am
Are you serious dude? I'm usually not a big fan of facts and shit, but you should maybe measure them.
aroark247
1/30/2019 10:40am
The ones that someone took the cross bar off allowed them to be bent downward which could make the total width actually a few mm wider. I've heard of people taking the crossbar off (ie. pro riders with a ton of resources) but they are truthfully not supposed to be taken off, they WILL bend even without a crash
nrosso391
Fantasy
2829th
1/30/2019 11:45am
mx4all wrote:
What's up everybody. I bought 3 used renthal twin twinwalls 999 and they appear to not be exactly the same. The length seems to varies.. saw...
What's up everybody.

I bought 3 used renthal twin twinwalls 999 and they appear to not be exactly the same. The length seems to varies.. saw that it got some numbers on them that's different between them.
QC 125, QC 148, QC 139 and the bar on my bike got QC 118.
What does QC stand for?

Probably Renthal's way of knowing which batch they were making that bar in or a date code.
50dippin
1/30/2019 12:02pm
aroark247 wrote:
The ones that someone took the cross bar off allowed them to be bent downward which could make the total width actually a few mm wider...
The ones that someone took the cross bar off allowed them to be bent downward which could make the total width actually a few mm wider. I've heard of people taking the crossbar off (ie. pro riders with a ton of resources) but they are truthfully not supposed to be taken off, they WILL bend even without a crash
I believe renthal has said these are perfectly fine to be ran with no crossbar, which should work since these are stonger than fatbars right?

As far as the different bar lengths, they all look the same to me, just lined up like that with the sweep you will notice a difference. You would need to lay them on the floor flat next to each other, with the mounting surface facing away to really get an accurate eyeball measurement. Or just use a tape measure.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
1/30/2019 12:04pm
aroark247 wrote:
The ones that someone took the cross bar off allowed them to be bent downward which could make the total width actually a few mm wider...
50dippin wrote:
I believe renthal has said these are perfectly fine to be ran with no crossbar, which should work since these are stonger than fatbars right? As...
I believe renthal has said these are perfectly fine to be ran with no crossbar, which should work since these are stonger than fatbars right?

As far as the different bar lengths, they all look the same to me, just lined up like that with the sweep you will notice a difference. You would need to lay them on the floor flat next to each other, with the mounting surface facing away to really get an accurate eyeball measurement. Or just use a tape measure.
Renthal has said that and has also told many it is totally fine to cut the crossbar. Rumor was some pros have been doing this for a while.
CDswinehart
1/30/2019 2:19pm
Just curious: if you find the Twinwall's to stiff, why not use the equivalent Fatbar?
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
1/30/2019 2:20pm
Just curious: if you find the Twinwall's to stiff, why not use the equivalent Fatbar?
Looks, preference of having a crossbar. Just a couple things I've heard
Falcon
Fantasy
856th
1/30/2019 4:39pm
I bet those bars are identical in width. Your eyes are playing tricks on you because of the bend in the tubing.
kb228
1/30/2019 4:45pm
aroark247 wrote:
50dippin wrote:
I believe renthal has said these are perfectly fine to be ran with no crossbar, which should work since these are stonger than fatbars right? As...

mattyhamz2 wrote:
Renthal has said that and has also told many it is totally fine to cut the crossbar. Rumor was some pros have been doing this for...
Renthal has said that and has also told many it is totally fine to cut the crossbar. Rumor was some pros have been doing this for a while.
I ran my twinwalls for a few months with no crossbar and it was fine. Thats how they should be. Crossbar = armpump machine
kb228
1/30/2019 4:46pm
Why not unbolt a crossbar instead of dropping $100 on another set of bars

Post a reply to: Renthal Twinwall question

The Latest