Ricky Johnson episode of The Whiskey Throttle Show now up!

dpingree101
1/8/2019 7:42am
Listen to the podcast or watch the show on our YouTube channel. ??
|
hamncheeze
1/8/2019 9:24am
Listened to it last night. Honestly I can’t get enough RJ. His enthusiasm in story telling is contagious. Great work Ping and GL.
ktm300hater
1/8/2019 10:36am
Chocked me up when he talked about his dad at the end. RIP Mr Johnson
Superdave19
1/8/2019 1:19pm
I’d kill to do a ride school with RJ- or just a LiFe school- Dude just straight up got shit done no matter what he did-
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
1/8/2019 4:03pm
I’d kill to do a ride school with RJ- or just a LiFe school- Dude just straight up got shit done no matter what he did-
I did one quite a while ago with RJ and Sebastien Tortelli. Definitely time well spent.

The Shop

1/9/2019 1:56am
Great show! Like it so much that you can watch it on Youtube. Only thing I would like to see is the pictures/videos where you're talking about.

With those 2 great personalities to start off with it's going to be hard to keep this up ;-)
motomike137
1/9/2019 4:45am Edited Date/Time 1/9/2019 4:59am
Anybody got a link to the RJ episode?

edit: never mind I found it Smile
Kyle_McNab
1/9/2019 4:59am
I feel like rj could do really good in the sx booth, his voice works well too
motomike137
1/9/2019 5:10am
Kyle_McNab wrote:
I feel like rj could do really good in the sx booth, his voice works well too
RJ is my FOAT Wink
ga_pike
1/9/2019 5:38am
RJ... I'll never forget when he called out his competition for tanking qualification races to get better gate picks in the main event.
chillrich
1/9/2019 7:42am
Awesome podcast. Will there be live feeds of future episodes?
bonseff
1/9/2019 8:46am
This episode is fantastic! Well done, David & Grant! RJ is Too Hip por vida!
RCN4HIM
1/9/2019 10:24am
2 for 2 Ping but was surprised RJ & Stanton's relationship wasn't discussed ?... Also, would have to have like to heard more feedback from his visit to Farliegh Castle last Sept ?!
Sierra Ranger
1/9/2019 10:34am
So....much....content (must see it all). I haven't finished the first WT show yet, and still have this week's Pulp to catch up with, as well as this new RJ episode! It's like a bottomless pit of moto goodness!
dpingree101
1/9/2019 2:09pm
We may get to live feeds down the road. We have some other ideas for live stuff as well... Just going to take some time. For now, we are trying to focus on improving the quality. The images and video that we are seeing on the screen in the Saloon need to be shown on the YouTube feed... that will be fixed for the next show. Still some tweaking with audio, but we are learning every week.
Upcoming guests: Bones from Pro Circuit, Ben Townley, Eli Tomac, Adam Cianciarulo. Should be able to announce our next live guest later today or tomorrow... and its a good one. Date for that live show will be Thursday, January 17th. Join us at the TLD Saloon in Corona... 4:30 doors open, show starts at 6:30.
Joko
Fantasy
239th
1/9/2019 3:01pm
Hard to believe he came on the show after his Dad passed away that morning
jonesaustin
1/9/2019 3:37pm
not a great interview imo. most interviewers treat johnson with less respect, historically, then he deserves. also, they should have asked about bradshaw. johnson is the best ever imo, and he would have beaten carmichael if he'd ridden in that era. mcgrath however, probably would have beaten johnson. but mcgrath is a homage to johnson, similar to if reed had beaten mcgrath. the greatest rivalry we never saw though, was johnson against the young bradshaw. for the interview not to talk about that, and just treat rick like it's a conversation, was a testament to missing just who they were in the booth with. they just brought more sand to the beach imo.
chuckie108
1/9/2019 3:57pm
GuyB wrote:
I did one quite a while ago with RJ and Sebastien Tortelli. Definitely time well spent.
I did one as well in the early 90's. We did a track walk with RJ and talked lines. He would ask different riders where they would go and why. And then RJ would tell us what line he would take. Sounds simple right? Well it was an eye opener-even mind blowing to see how the then GOAT did things. Dude is a bad MF'er and for sure extremely under appreciated!!
dpingree101
1/9/2019 5:13pm
RCN4HIM wrote:
2 for 2 Ping but was surprised RJ & Stanton's relationship wasn't discussed ?... Also, would have to have like to heard more feedback from his...
2 for 2 Ping but was surprised RJ & Stanton's relationship wasn't discussed ?... Also, would have to have like to heard more feedback from his visit to Farliegh Castle last Sept ?!
I know but we only have so much time! I literally cut 1/3 of the questions I had for DeCoster because we had gone almost three hours. Tough to cover 50 years of experience in a few hours. It was the same with RJ... I can only keep them there for so long before it gets to be inconsiderate. I was blown away that Rick was still willing to come after his father's passing. Such a legend.
Sully
1/9/2019 5:31pm
not a great interview imo. most interviewers treat johnson with less respect, historically, then he deserves. also, they should have asked about bradshaw. johnson is the...
not a great interview imo. most interviewers treat johnson with less respect, historically, then he deserves. also, they should have asked about bradshaw. johnson is the best ever imo, and he would have beaten carmichael if he'd ridden in that era. mcgrath however, probably would have beaten johnson. but mcgrath is a homage to johnson, similar to if reed had beaten mcgrath. the greatest rivalry we never saw though, was johnson against the young bradshaw. for the interview not to talk about that, and just treat rick like it's a conversation, was a testament to missing just who they were in the booth with. they just brought more sand to the beach imo.
Just to make sure I'm reading this correctly; you didn't think a 2 hour and 50 minute interview was good because they didn't ask one hypothetical question you wanted to hear about? Uh, ok...
Dimblewambie
1/10/2019 7:02am
Great episode, hoping to make the next live show.
ZM956
1/10/2019 8:56am
We may get to live feeds down the road. We have some other ideas for live stuff as well... Just going to take some time. For...
We may get to live feeds down the road. We have some other ideas for live stuff as well... Just going to take some time. For now, we are trying to focus on improving the quality. The images and video that we are seeing on the screen in the Saloon need to be shown on the YouTube feed... that will be fixed for the next show. Still some tweaking with audio, but we are learning every week.
Upcoming guests: Bones from Pro Circuit, Ben Townley, Eli Tomac, Adam Cianciarulo. Should be able to announce our next live guest later today or tomorrow... and its a good one. Date for that live show will be Thursday, January 17th. Join us at the TLD Saloon in Corona... 4:30 doors open, show starts at 6:30.
Loving the content Ping. Damn, you got this ole boy from Georgia wanting to make his way out to Cali for a live show lol. Thanks for the good work!
TogaSet
Fantasy
3824th
1/10/2019 9:40am
not a great interview imo. most interviewers treat johnson with less respect, historically, then he deserves. also, they should have asked about bradshaw. johnson is the...
Langston is 450//250 AMA outdoor champion. 250F AMA supercross champion and outdoor euro champion. No need for him to go overboard in treating RJ like he’s in some other elite motocross god category.

Post a reply to: Ricky Johnson episode of The Whiskey Throttle Show now up!

The Latest